PDA

View Full Version : Still Not Ranked & LSU Is

ShotgunDawg
10-22-2017, 12:33 PM
What an absolute abortion of common sense.

We received 19 votes while LSU & A&M are ranked.

Absolutely absurd & shows how dumb the entire ranking system is in college football.

How is LSU ranked & we aren't?

What has A&M done?

LC Dawg
10-22-2017, 12:48 PM
Well, we did beat LSU on a fluke last minute play after they dominated us all day. Wait, never mind, we beat the shit out of them from opening kickoff until the final gun. And we haven?t been beaten by Troy.
I think we are going to go 9-3 and be ranked for 3 weeks of the season. I know some people will say they don?t care about rankings but we are definitely one of the top 25 teams in the country and we deserve to be recognized as such.

Dawgowar
10-22-2017, 12:53 PM
What has A&M done?

Had that ABSOLUTE historic game against UCLA. You know, the one where they blew a lead Sirmon could have held? More sports writers in Texas and Louisiana markets than Mississippi. System is one for the established powers, by the established powers and must not benefit any non-established powers. Not a conspiracy, those are done in the shadows. This garbage is done to our faces and to the faces of every underdog in NCAA sports. While not that important it is still a question of hypocrisy.

ShotgunDawg
10-22-2017, 01:29 PM
Additionally, Memphis & Iowa State are ranked 24th & 25th. MSU would beat both those teams by possibly 3 scores

It's just absolutely pathetic how terrible the media is at this.

MSU will forever not be given it's credit due to an effort by everyone outside the SEC foot print to marginalize how superior the SEC is in football.

They have wrapped their minds around Bama, UGA, LSU, & Auburn but they simply can't admit that MSU would contend for the conference title in the ACC, Big 12, & Pac 12. To admit that would destroy their narrative of how the SEC is down or how other conferences can be competitive with the SEC.

Quaoarsking
10-22-2017, 01:32 PM
I can understand Iowa State being ranked ahead of us, since they won at Oklahoma. The very idea that LSU, West Virginia, and Memphis are ranked instead of us is absurd

Quaoarsking
10-22-2017, 01:45 PM
Also Parrish Alford didn't rank us. All over the country, voters have a strong regional and in-state bias, except for Mississippi apparently.

He had no problems ranking LSU and Memphis ahead of us. What a clown.

LC Dawg
10-22-2017, 01:45 PM
We would also destroy UCF and USF. Their schedules are comical.

Leroy Jenkins
10-22-2017, 01:46 PM
We beat LSU "before they were good". That is what the heads are parroting. At least some fans are letting Dari know about is dumb-ass logic on twitter.

https://twitter.com/ESPNDari/status/922156401891389441

Behrdawg
10-22-2017, 01:49 PM
Well, in the world of folks who “don’t give a damn about rankings”, we have a huge game this coming weekend. We beat A&M and we are suddenly staring a 9-3 regular season right dead in the eye.

Goldendawg
10-22-2017, 01:51 PM
To be ranked, we must beat aTm on the road. Whether we like it or not, writers/coaches saw our total no-shows against Ga and AU. You have to beat the big boys or be very competitive in those games. The polls still show traditional powers favoritism in the rankings. We are still building a consistent, winning tradition. Hail State!

ShotgunDawg
10-22-2017, 01:55 PM
To be ranked, we must beat aTm on the road. Whether we like it or not, writers/coaches saw our total no-shows against Ga and AU. You have to beat the big boys or be very competitive in those games. The polls still show traditional powers favoritism in the rankings. We are still building a consistent, winning tradition. Hail State!

But LSU being blown out by us and losing to Troy doesn’t affect them.

The entire system is a complete fraud

Goldendawg
10-22-2017, 01:59 PM
Like I said, traditional powers (i.e. LSU) get favoritism in the polls over us.

Leroy Jenkins
10-22-2017, 02:00 PM
What would the polls look like if the voting was blind? They just ranked teams off resume`, and then the team logos were revealed to the voters after their votes were cast.

Ari Gold
10-22-2017, 02:02 PM
They wanted to keep that Mullen record of head to head ranked teams in check.
Must feel like we can beat AM. They will make sure we get in there before Bama.. and that will be the lead in piece for Finebaum.
Double dose. ******* record when ranked playing ranked teams and all time record against Saban.

ShotgunDawg
10-22-2017, 02:03 PM
It doesn’t help that the Mississippi media is ALWAYS light on MSU predictions

Sure, Bounds, Wimberly, and Weiner try to look cool to their out of state buddies by never buying into MSU, but, because they are always light, they miss just as much as biased fans do.

The point is, their attempt to be unbiased hasn’t actually helped their credibility any at all.

Bounds picked MSU for 6-7 wins. Well, that’s probably light like it is most every year.

Same goes for the others. It sucks how little pride these guys have in their school and state

klong-dog
10-22-2017, 02:06 PM
Kinda knew it would be this way, with our games against Ga and Aub became big primetime games and we conceivably shit our pants in the worst way possible.. hate losing but we could have at least made those games respectable and it could have actually helped us down the road, image wise.

ShotgunDawg
10-22-2017, 02:10 PM
They wanted to keep that Mullen record of head to head ranked teams in check.
Must feel like we can beat AM. They will make sure we get in there before Bama.. and that will be the lead in piece for Finebaum.
Double dose. ******* record when ranked playing ranked teams and all time record against Saban.

Haha. This. Just brutal

ShotgunDawg
10-22-2017, 02:26 PM
According to the ESPN FPI, we are the 18th best team in the country.

Why doesn't the ranking reflect this?

https://i.imgur.com/ZNjWF38.jpg

Jack Lambert
10-22-2017, 03:53 PM
their is only one poll that matters and it comes out pretty soon.

BuckyIsAB****
10-22-2017, 03:57 PM

Yup. We'd beat LSU again if they came to starkville tomorrow. UF cant score and OM cant stop anyone. We can do both.

BulldogBear
10-22-2017, 04:07 PM

Jack's right. It'll straighten out to some degree once it matters. With the AP and coaches, yeah I could see us being probably the first 9-3 SEC school ever to only be ranked #22 or somwthing. The CFP poll has a bit of a better track record.

BulldogBear
10-22-2017, 04:20 PM
If you really want to get ticked off then chew on this. How are we gonna feel when LSU and our Bulldogs both finish 9-3....and LSU gets a NY6 bowl and we don't? If we beat TAMU that's what is going to happen. Then watch Auburn get the Citrus over us. We'll end up playing some 7-5 B10 or ACC school in Nashville.

Cohen needs to be whispering in the SEC office's ear starting now.

Quaoarsking
10-22-2017, 04:21 PM
Interestingly, this team finished 10-3 in the SEC and didn't end up ranked in the final AP top 25:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Georgia_Bulldogs_football_team

To be fair, they didn't beat anyone who finished ranked, and their 5 SEC wins all went 2-6 or 1-7, and Georgia Tech was 3-9 team that year too, so it's not really comparable to our team this year.

Quaoarsking
10-22-2017, 04:27 PM
If you really want to get ticked off then chew on this. How are we gonna feel when LSU and our Bulldogs both finish 9-3....and LSU gets a NY6 bowl and we don't? If we beat TAMU that's what is going to happen. Then watch Auburn get the Citrus over us. We'll end up playing some 7-5 B10 or ACC school in Nashville.

Cohen needs to be whispering in the SEC office's ear starting now.

The NY6 are contractually bound to select whoever is highest the in final CFP rankings. If we're the next team up in the those, we automatically go to the Orange or whatever bowl, no matter what.

ShotgunDawg
10-22-2017, 04:34 PM
The NY6 are contractually bound to select whoever is highest the in final CFP rankings. If we're the next team up in the those, we automatically go to the Orange or whatever bowl, no matter what.

If LSU & us end up with equal records, you'd have to believe the committee would give us the nod.

We really need Auburn to lose 4 games. With Bama & Georgia left, it's possible

Hasu Dackds
10-22-2017, 04:38 PM
nm

Hasu Dackds
10-22-2017, 04:39 PM
It's absurd, but I'm OK with it. Let's keep that chip on our shoulder. We play better that way. We've never really dealt with success too well.

After we finish 8-4 or 9-3 (and hopefully win our bowl game), the party line next year will be that we're decent but can't win the big game. I hope it is. We'll have the most talent we've had since 1999/2000 and we will still have that chip on our shoulder for those big games.

Even if we beat aTm, if we lose to Bama, they'll start hating yet again.

ShotgunDawg
10-22-2017, 04:53 PM
Let's keep that chip on our shoulder. We play better that way. We've never really dealt with success too well.

For the 700,000,000,000TH time, you can't build a program with this attitude.

I totally understand why MSU fans have it, but it's got to go away if collectively this fan base, school, state, etc are going to take the next step.

Hasu Dackds
10-22-2017, 04:58 PM
Auburn is still doing it. They are a notch above us as a program. It really doesn't matter what you think. It's reality. It's the reality of playing with 18-22 year old kids.

Plus, you didn't read the rest of my post, that actually deals with HOW this happens, and HOW you can build on it.

ShotgunDawg
10-22-2017, 05:02 PM
Auburn is still doing it. They are a notch above us as a program. It really doesn't matter what you think. It's reality. It's the reality of playing with 18-22 year old kids.

Plus, you didn't read the rest of my post, that actually deals with HOW this happens, and HOW you can build on it.

https://media.giphy.com/media/g5zvwUa9720pO/giphy.gif

But just so you know, I'm a passionate fan of THE Mississippi State University & not Mittittippi Tate, &, when I faintly sniff that THE Mississippi State University fans are turning into Mittittippi Tate fans, I bring out the fire extinguisher

Bodaski
10-22-2017, 05:07 PM
What an absolute abortion of common sense.

We received 19 votes while LSU & A&M are ranked.

Absolutely absurd & shows how dumb the entire ranking system is in college football.

How is LSU ranked & we aren't?

What has A&M done?

LSU beat Auburn and Fla who were both top 20 teams, plus they beat Florida on the road. We got crushed by both Geo and Auburn, not even close. I can understand why we aren't ranked. We go to Kyle field and win, we will be ranked I assure you.

msstate7
10-22-2017, 05:09 PM
LSU beat Auburn and Fla who were both top 20 teams, plus they beat Florida on the road. We got crushed by both Geo and Auburn, not even close. I can understand why we aren't ranked. We go to Kyle field and win, we will be ranked I assure you.

Wait, are you comparing at Florida to at auburn and at Georgia? Lol

Todd4State
10-22-2017, 05:12 PM
It doesn?t help that the Mississippi media is ALWAYS light on MSU predictions

Sure, Bounds, Wimberly, and Weiner try to look cool to their out of state buddies by never buying into MSU, but, because they are always light, they miss just as much as biased fans do.

The point is, their attempt to be unbiased hasn?t actually helped their credibility any at all.

Bounds picked MSU for 6-7 wins. Well, that?s probably light like it is most every year.

Same goes for the others. It sucks how little pride these guys have in their school and state

Shoot- we have some of our own fans bashing our fans for asking how we can improve and telling everyone that we're never going to be more than an eight win program and that we're dumb if we can't enjoy this because it's never going to get any better. How can we expect some voter in Texas to take us seriously when we have some of our people with that attitude?

ShotgunDawg
10-22-2017, 05:15 PM

But Auburn & UGA on the road is infinintely harder than a Florida team that can't score on the road & Auburn at home. What am I missing here?

We beat LSU by 30 points Bro

ShotgunDawg
10-22-2017, 05:15 PM
This is the type of MSU fan I can't stand.

Bo says this yet is light on MSU's win total EVERY.SINGLE. YEAR.

Just cut the bullshit & have some pride. The state of MS so sick & tired of this crap.

It's a complete diservice

https://i.imgur.com/PImLtVW.jpg

Hasu Dackds
10-22-2017, 05:17 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/g5zvwUa9720pO/giphy.gif

But just so you know, I'm a passionate fan of THE Mississippi State University & not Mittittippi Tate, &, when I faintly sniff that THE Mississippi State University fans are turning into Mittittippi Tate fans, I bring out the fire extinguisher

I get it. I saw your post on the other board in response to 'tired' who was attempting to act like LSU would kill us now. I understand the frustration with that attitude.

I'm in the business of working in reality to try and build a national championship caliber team. I don't know why I really care, but I do. We all do or we wouldn't be here.

ShotgunDawg
10-22-2017, 05:21 PM
Check out this noted Mittittippi Tate fan. Do you guys like this? Do you think this helps build the program?

Here is what I find hilarious about the "realistic" Mittittippi Tate fans, is that they aren't actually realistic because they undershoot the win total every year

Is it somehow more respectable & realistic to undershoot the win total than over shoot it? What's the difference?

Realistic Bo Bounds undershoots MSU's most every year. I love the show BTW. Just dislike this perspective.

https://i.imgur.com/axebiqm.jpg

Rejlector84sports
10-22-2017, 06:02 PM

College football team rankings with the press is all a popularity contest. As someone who at one time was a member of the sports press, I can tell you how the system works.

Votes are taken by the AP or UPI or USA Today either late Saturday or early Sunday. If a sports editor was like me and had to work Saturdays to put out a paper on Sunday, there really isn't any opportunity to watch any other games than those in your local area -- and only if those games were played before your work shift started. In the three years I was a sports editor I saw a total of ONE college game in person. As the one in charge I had to be at the paper putting it together while the reporters were at the actual games.

It was even worse if the games took place at night -- I would have to wait until 1 or 2 in the morning before the game stories came over the wire.

Rankings are based on reputation and fan base support. You could see it in how Parrish Alford didn't even vote for MSU this go around. The smaller, less reputation schools get notice only when they are making noise -- like when State was No. 1 -- and how fast they dropped when the team lost to Bama. I guarantee you most of the voting media was waiting for State to slip up and then they could downvote them.

If making a poll choice between a team you follow and one you know about you go with the one who has the most attention -- especially in high school polls when a paper in one location of the state knows nothing about teams in the other sections -- like the voting sports editor at the Sun Herald trying to logically compare Gulfport (a team he knows) vs South Panola (which he knows only in passing).

Poll rankings may be great for good feelings, but the only polls that matter in the end are wins and losses.

Cooterpoot
10-22-2017, 06:05 PM
Polls promote certain programs. That?s all polls really are. They?re in place to promote.

ShotgunDawg
10-22-2017, 06:07 PM
College football team rankings with the press is all a popularity contest. As someone who at one time was a member of the sports press, I can tell you how the system works.

Votes are taken by the AP or UPI or USA Today either late Saturday or early Sunday. If a sports editor was like me and had to work Saturdays to put out a paper on Sunday, there really isn't any opportunity to watch any other games than those in your local area -- and only if those games were played before your work shift started. In the three years I was a sports editor I saw a total of ONE college game in person. As the one in charge I had to be at the paper putting it together while the reporters were at the actual games.

It was even worse if the games took place at night -- I would have to wait until 1 or 2 in the morning before the game stories came over the wire.

Rankings are based on reputation and fan base support. You could see it in how Parrish Alford didn't even vote for MSU this go around. The smaller, less reputation schools get notice only when they are making noise -- like when State was No. 1 -- and how fast they dropped when the team lost to Bama. I guarantee you most of the voting media was waiting for State to slip up and then they could downvote them.

If making a poll choice between a team you follow and one you know about you go with the one who has the most attention -- especially in high school polls when a paper in one location of the state knows nothing about teams in the other sections -- like the voting sports editor at the Sun Herald trying to logically compare Gulfport (a team he knows) vs South Panola (which he knows only in passing).

Poll rankings may be great for good feelings, but the only polls that matter in the end are wins and losses.

Great explanation. Thanks

What a dumb, stupid, outdated system though

ShotgunDawg
10-22-2017, 06:09 PM
Polls promote certain programs. That?s all polls really are. They?re in place to promote.

But that's the problem.

The bias of the polls creates an artificial but effective way of helping those same teams that benefit from the system by creating sort of a monopoly on promotion. And, generally, which ever programs are promoted the most, are the same programs that recruit the best. They are tied hand in hand. The more you are promoted, the easier it is to get player in all areas of the country to be interested in your school

The entire system is a ridiculous fraud

For this reason, it wouldn't bother me if the playoff committee started putting out polls earlier in the season

Activated Alpha
10-22-2017, 06:17 PM
Wonder if there was some computer algorithm that could calculate every game played, statistical data for offense/defense, chart for standard deviations, etc and base polls on that. Completely take away the biased human component

Coach34
10-22-2017, 06:41 PM
Should we be ranked? Yes- somewhere in the 20's

You wanna be ranked? Dont get the **** beat out of you every time you get on the national stage. It's our own fault

dawgday166
10-22-2017, 06:47 PM

You wanna be ranked? Dont get the **** beat out of you every time you get on the national stage. It's our own fault

Good post. Some are always demanding respect even tho what you just said always happens.

Hell I'm thinking if we were ranked this week ... next weekend we'd lose by 3 TDs or more to TAM. Maybe now we can at least keep it close or maybe even win.

msstate7
10-22-2017, 06:49 PM

You and DD must have missed the prime time ESPN butt kicking we put on LSU.

dawgday166
10-22-2017, 06:52 PM
You and DD must have missed the prime time ESPN butt kicking we put on LSU.

You trolling me again thru C34's post LOL.

No one expected us to win the LSU game ... so we weren't really "on" the national stage. Whenever we get ranked and people start taking us seriously, we crap the bed. They doing us a favor not ranking us.

msstate7
10-22-2017, 06:55 PM
You trolling me again thru C34's post LOL.

No one expected us to win the LSU game ... so we weren't really "on" the national stage. Whenever we get ranked and people start taking us seriously, we crap the bed. They doing us a favor not ranking us.

I do not give a crap about rankings. We are one of the 25 best college football teams

dawgday166
10-22-2017, 06:59 PM
I do not give a crap about rankings. We are one of the 25 best college football teams

I don't give a crap about polls either till end of season. And I'm not arguing we are a top 25 team ... I agree. But if we get ranked now we'll go lose the next game or 2.

Hell, if we won every game up till Bama and then gave Bama somewhat of a tussle for 3 qtrs or so, everyone would be "Woo Hooing" including me. Then we'd probably lose the next 2 to Arky and OM.

Quaoarsking
10-22-2017, 07:05 PM
Wonder if there was some computer algorithm that could calculate every game played, statistical data for offense/defense, chart for standard deviations, etc and base polls on that. Completely take away the biased human component

There are lots of those, such as the FPI and Sagarin.

It would be good to use some kind of amalgamation of those instead of a poll/committee, but I doubt the NCAA would implement it well. One of the top reasons the BCS was nonsense was because it required the "computer polls" to not consider margin of victory in their equations at all. That and the fact that 5 of the 6 polls had private proprietary formulas that could not be checked by the general public. The one that had a public formula made a mistake one time and the final BCS standings for 2010 had to be rereleased (luckily it didn't affect who was in the top 2).

Quaoarsking
10-22-2017, 07:09 PM

I do give a crap about rankings because they affect the general perception of our program. We barely got any mention on Sportscenter, College Football Final, etc., today because it was a matchup of 2 unranked teams. Probably will be the same next weekend. That trickles down into recruiting, who gets on TV when, and what people nationwide think of the team and university.

All I ask is for these chosen, privileged few who get to cast ballots care enough to have a well thought-out, logically consistent ballot. I've interacted with a few pollsters and they often act like it's a huge inconvenience to keep up with the whole country on top of their regular jobs, and they seem totally oblivious to the fact that there are thousands of people who would kill to be an AP poll voter and would do a much better job at it.

msstate7
10-22-2017, 07:09 PM

It would be good to use some kind of amalgamation of those instead of a poll/committee, but I doubt the NCAA would implement it well. One of the top reasons the BCS was nonsense was because it required the "computer polls" to not consider margin of victory in their equations at all. That and the fact that 5 of the 6 polls had private proprietary formulas that could not be checked by the general public. The one that had a public formula made a mistake one time and the final BCS standings for 2010 had to be rereleased (luckily it didn't affect who was in the top 2).

FPI and sagarin do not have all teams equal to start with though.

TUSK
10-22-2017, 07:18 PM

Sagarin SEC Rankings

1 Bammer
5 UGA
10 AU

17MSU
27LSU
29A&M

37USCe
42Florida
66Mississippi

68Arkie
70Tennessee
72Kentucky
80Vandy
95Mizzou

yjnkdawg
10-22-2017, 07:29 PM
Ok, prior to our win over LSU , they were 11th in the coaches poll and 12th in the AP poll. After their loss to us they slid big time in the polls, and then after the Troy lost they were out of the top 25. Then they managed to beat FL in the swamp and then beat a highly ranked Auburn team at home, and then back in the top 25. Then they go on the road and blow out Ole Miss. We get ranked and move up and then we get blown out by GA and then Auburn on the road. Since then we have played BYU and KY. Most all thought KY was over rated so our blowout of them doesn't mean a lot to the media right now. Being ranked preseason helps you move up if you start winning again. Another thing, LSU is known as a football school with the media. That history goes back to the Billy Cannon days. They have had a few lean years ( worst probably the 1998 and 1999 teams when Dinardo was the HC) but not many after that period till present. If we beat A&M on the road then we should be ranked. Now if we get blown out by Bama then here we go again. Whether you or I think it is right or fair that is just pretty much the reality in college football it seems.

Homedawg
10-22-2017, 07:45 PM
It doesn?t help that the Mississippi media is ALWAYS light on MSU predictions

The point is, their attempt to be unbiased hasn?t actually helped their credibility any at all.

Bounds picked MSU for 6-7 wins. Well, that?s probably light like it is most every year.

Well wimberly is a dumb ass so there is that...

MedDawg
10-22-2017, 07:51 PM

Here's a link to a lot of individual computer ratings and a composite rating.

https://www.masseyratings.com/cf/compare.htm

ShotgunDawg
10-22-2017, 07:57 PM
Ok, prior to our win over LSU , they were 11th in the coaches poll and 12th in the AP poll. After their loss to us they slid big time in the polls, and then after the Troy lost they were out of the top 25. Then they managed to beat FL in the swamp and then beat a highly ranked Auburn team at home, and then back in the top 25. Then they go on the road and blow out Ole Miss. We get ranked and move up and then we get blown out by GA and then Auburn on the road. Since then we have played BYU and KY. Most all thought KY was over rated so our blowout of them doesn't mean a lot to the media right now. Being ranked preseason helps you move up if you start winning again. Another thing, LSU is known as a football school with the media. That history goes back to the Billy Cannon days. They have had a few lean years ( worst probably the 1998 and 1999 teams when Dinardo was the HC) but not many after that period till present. If we beat A&M on the road then we should be ranked. Now if we get blown out by Bama then here we go again. Whether you or I think it is right or fair that is just pretty much the reality in college football it seems.

Uh yeah. We knew this. The system is absurd and outdated. We beat LSU by 30 point. 30...17ing... points.

How they are ranked ahead of us with the same amount of losses, it absurd

Dawg61
10-22-2017, 10:37 PM
I'd rather beat the shit outta Kentucky and not be ranked than barely beat Kentucky and be ranked. We beat the shit outta Kentucky. Every win we've had this year we have destroyed the other team. I think this is a noticeable step up for us. No more struggling to beat Bowling Green by a point games. Still pissed at the abortions we displayed vs Auburn and UGA but I am very pleased with our 5 beat downs.

Quaoarsking
10-22-2017, 10:43 PM
FPI and sagarin do not have all teams equal to start with though.

In the end they do though. They start with a "bias" for the first few weeks but slowly take it out so that late in the season only games from the season affect the ratings.

Commercecomet24
10-22-2017, 11:23 PM
Well wimberly is a dumb ass so there is that...

This! Can?t stand Wimberly. He would have you believe he was some kind of football guru with the way he ?breaks down? film. Hes an idiot.

TUSK
10-23-2017, 12:28 AM
I'd be willing to bet if yall smashed a few ranked teams, "ranking" would not be a concern.... just guessing, though....

THE Bruce Dickinson
10-23-2017, 07:58 AM
I would also contend that another requirement to be ranked is to not lose to Troy at home, but that rule doesn't seem to apply to LSU. I think that's what everyone is so upset about.

BB30
10-23-2017, 08:52 AM
It is a what have you done for me lately world. Yes, unfortunately we don't get the benefit of the doubt most of the time. But, if we go to UGA/Auburn and play at least play them competitive it looks better.

Everyone sees LSU whether correct or not as a team that was trying to figure things out when they came to Starkville. They now think they have figured some things out and are a better team. Also, there is no doubt if we played them tomorrow in Starkville it would be a different game. I still think we would win but I am not sure we would pound on them. They are extremely young and a lot of those kids are just now figuring out what this is all about and how much effort and intensity you have to play with.

Take care of A&M and we will be ranked. Honestly, the way we get noticed nationally is to keep putting guys like Dak Prescott, Chris Jones, Benny Mc, Fletcher Cox, Slay, Smith, Wright, etc. in the league. Kids take notice of that.

Look what Dak has done for us as far as recruiting QBs go. These kids ultimate goal is making it to the league and if you can show them that you can get them there you are going to bring attention to your program.

msstate7
10-23-2017, 08:57 AM
2 whippings vs top teams on the road are worse than than 1 whipping on the road vs an unranked sec team and a home loss to a sunbelt team

LC Dawg
10-23-2017, 09:40 AM
2 whippings vs top teams on the road are worse than than 1 whipping on the road vs an unranked sec team and a home loss to a sunbelt team

I contend that LSU would be ranked in either one of those scenarios.