PDA

View Full Version : Keytaon Thompson

ShotgunDawg
10-22-2017, 09:18 AM
https://www.oldtimecandy.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/s/t/starburst-original-pkg.jpg

Yes, his middle name is really Dakota

Fitz is the better, more experienced current QB, but DAMN does this guy have some tools.

In physical comparison to Fitz, this guy has quicker feet, a more explosive burst, & somewhat similar speed in the open field. Additionally, while he does not possess Fitz's raw arm strength, I think he does throw a naturally softer ball & with more feel & accuracy.

This guy has the tool set with the chance to build the skill set to be a first round draft pick.

Key is going to be absolute hell for SEC DCs to stop. There is a lot of Cam Newton in him. Maybe Charlie Ward.

He has legit burst with elusiveness & has played in every game thus far.

I could not be more pleased with where his current development is at this point

Dawgcentral
10-22-2017, 09:22 AM
Thompson will likely have a stronger receiving unit also. With the offensive line getting better and our depth at running back, I have high hopes.
Hope we can keep our DC for a few years.

Turfdawg67
10-22-2017, 10:32 AM
Grantham's kid is a sophomore on SHS's team and he has said he wants him to finish there and not move him around. So that's at least 2 more years. Hell, make a ton of money and live in a small peaceful town plus win 8-10 games every year... that's a pretty good gig if you can get it!

TrapGame
10-22-2017, 10:36 AM
Grantham's kid is a sophomore on SHS's team and he has said he wants him to finish there and not move him around. So that's at least 2 more years. Hell, make a ton of money and live in a small peaceful town plus win 8-10 games every year... that's a pretty good gig if you can get it!

He has a daughter in 8th grade too. I see him sticking around for several years. And if he and Dan get this program rolling in the West he could be around for a very long time.

Gutter Cobreh
10-22-2017, 10:40 AM

He has a daughter in 8th grade too. I see him sticking around for several years. And if he and Dan get this program rolling in the West he could be around for a very long time.

Last two comments are very pertinent information when talking about Thompson; on behalf of the board we thank you for adding quality opinions of our future QB!!!

Todd4State
10-22-2017, 10:40 AM
Watching Key in warm ups he wasn't hitting his receivers in stride as consistently as Fitz which of course is to be expected. It just shows me that he has a little bit of work to do to get to that level and he will get there of course. He will also have a couple of 4* running backs, some 4* WR's, a solid TE and a veteran offensive line that is essentially starting now for us when he takes the reigns in 2019.

msbulldog
10-22-2017, 10:51 AM
Dan has the opportunity to bring KT along slowly and methodically as Fitz continues to develop also. Dan appears to have no problem playing KT in certain situations and when we have gained control of the game. This will absolutely be the best track for KT's development getting actual game reps with no pressure. It's a lot like Dak's development behind Tyler Russell. When Tyler got injured we could play Dak with no hesitation because he had experience. The only reason I was worried about it at that time was because Dak did not have the hype Tyler did coming out of high school. We are in great shape with the next 2 4-star QB's coming in, we can red shirt them and put them on the same development path. Most other teams in the country just wish they had the same situation we do at the QB position.

msbulldog
10-22-2017, 10:52 AM
Last two comments are very pertinent information when talking about Thompson; on behalf of the board we thank you for adding quality opinions of our future QB!!!

Hey don't be a dik!

Coach34
10-22-2017, 10:55 AM
KT is a natural QB and will be exceptional when he takes over his Jr year. Quicker release than Fitz and other natural things you notice in QB's with movement and footwork.

Gutter Cobreh
10-22-2017, 11:14 AM
Hey don't be a dik!

It's all in good fun...

Bully13
10-22-2017, 11:21 AM
I hope he gets more pass attempts in mop up time to get comfortable with that. Mullen doesn't seem to want to appear to be running up the score when he has a big lead though.

Turfdawg67
10-22-2017, 11:22 AM

And your comment added so much as well...

ShotgunDawg
10-22-2017, 12:08 PM
I hope he gets more pass attempts in mop up time to get comfortable with that. Mullen doesn't seem to want to appear to be running up the score when he has a big lead though.

I agree but learning to just execute the offense is huge. Dak started by not throwing much. If Key can master the running game checks, it’s going to make the passing game that much easier

notsofarawaydawg
10-22-2017, 12:24 PM
Dan doesn't develop QBs well. He only sends TEs to the NFL.