PDA

View Full Version : Patterson out for the season?

SandlotDawg
10-22-2017, 07:50 AM
Says torn ligaments in knee.

https://twitter.com/matthendley/status/921979242623242242

msstate7
10-22-2017, 07:53 AM
If true, goes to show how much OM cares about shea... he played after the injury

SandlotDawg
10-22-2017, 07:57 AM
The play where he got hurt didn’t look too bad. Makes me think he was hurt going into the game.

JoseBrown
10-22-2017, 08:13 AM
I doubt he would’ve played if drs thought he could injure it any worse by playing on it. Happens quite a bit. Just depends on the injury/pain and how limited it makes him.

I believe I remember saying on here after or during their game with Cal that he wouldn’t play in Egg Bowl due to injury or quits. Looks like I was right. Sorry for him he’s injured, but playing in that high school offense does nothing for his career. Might be a Blessing in disguise for him. He can start looking for a real coaching staff to play for now.

BeardoMSU
10-22-2017, 08:17 AM
It's official. He's done.

Dawgface
10-22-2017, 08:18 AM
The other guy looked pretty good.

msstate7
10-22-2017, 08:19 AM

Well he will get his shot now. OM beats ull and that?s it

msbulldog
10-22-2017, 08:21 AM
The team will quit for real now.

No BS Dawg
Has he played his last game for the land sharks? I’d have to say yeah...

WSOPdawg

The other guy looked pretty good ONLY because nobody had seen him play this year (or knew he was on the roster). Hard to imagine a head coach not getting a few snaps for a backup along the way. When teams have the opportunity to scheme and plan for stopping Ta'amu, it'll be a completely different story.

SandlotDawg
10-22-2017, 08:23 AM
Yep confirmed per twitter. Completely irresponsible to allow him to play in the second half. I imagine daddy Sean is already shopping for other schools and I don’t blame him one bit.

Bully13
10-22-2017, 08:36 AM
there's been weirdness brewing a while it seems between diddy shay, shay and tsun it seems. remembering that post diddy made after an earlier beat down comes to mind. the way he continued to play after being hurt and now this seems to indicate he's not only out for the year but he done at tsun.

ShotgunDawg
10-22-2017, 08:36 AM
Tough break for the kid. Hate to see this.

You knew it would happen though by the way he plays, his size, & what they ask him to do.

You know who I don't feel bad for though? AJ Brown. That guys football career can go in the shitter as far as I'm concerned.

He'll never play for anything & now he doesn't even have a QB

There is a part of me that hopes he is unable to transfer & thus has to live with his pathetic decision. Seems kind of wrong that he would just be able to escape to Tuscaloosa after this season & collect an honorary ring

TrapGame
10-22-2017, 08:38 AM
Hate it for Shea. He shouldn't have played the second half.

Now it's Hawaii 5-0's turn. And WSOP's right, defenses will prepare for him and he'll look very average.

Jack Lambert
10-22-2017, 08:39 AM
Yep confirmed per twitter. Completely irresponsible to allow him to play in the second half. I imagine daddy Sean is already shopping for other schools and I don’t blame him one bit.

Hell Ole Miss might get served more papers.

bomanishus
10-22-2017, 08:41 AM
i would've been playing the hawaiian all along; in fact, if they NCAA allows the landfishes players to transfer w/o penalty i hope we try to sign him. he'd fit our offense....

Jack Lambert
10-22-2017, 08:43 AM

I'm not saying you are wrong or trying to argue but how do they know on Sunday morning? Does ole miss have MRI in Trainers room with a doctor who know how to ready it?

ShotgunDawg
10-22-2017, 08:44 AM
i would've been playing the hawaiian all along; in fact, if they NCAA allows the landfishes players to transfer w/o penalty i hope we try to sign him. he'd fit our offense....

Shea Patterson in no way fits our offense.

I'd take one of their WRs though

somebodyshotmypaw
10-22-2017, 08:46 AM

Mistakes were made.

msstate7
10-22-2017, 08:51 AM

Yeah, uh, fitz, key, and Mayden are all better than the Hawaii kid

starkvegasdawg
10-22-2017, 08:51 AM
I'm not saying you are wrong or trying to argue but how do they know on Sunday morning? Does ole miss have MRI in Trainers room with a doctor who know how to ready it?

I read daddy P took Shea to get an MRI himself overnight, and when they got the result he informed captain Krispy Kreme of the news personally.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
10-22-2017, 08:56 AM

I think he means Ta?amu fits our offense.

Bucky Dog
10-22-2017, 08:56 AM
Did Dr. Doolittle examine him in the locker room??? I mean HITF do you either NOT know it is torn, or at the least see there could be some damage and keep him on the bench as a precaution the second half?? I hate it for the kid and anyone to get injured, but OM and the coaches just show the world right there they don't give two shits about the best interest of those kids. No way our staff lets him go back out there with even the slightest possibility of damage.

Dawgcentral
10-22-2017, 08:59 AM
They needlessly burned his redshirt last year, now he’s out for the season in year two.
Kelly was their running game last year and things went badly for him also.
Sunshine never sniffed the NFL.
Looks like TSUN has become a roach motel for QBs.

TrapGame
10-22-2017, 09:00 AM
Did Dr. Doolittle examine him in the locker room??? I mean HITF do you either NOT know it is torn, or at the least see there could be some damage and keep him on the bench as a precaution the second half?? I hate it for the kid and anyone to get injured, but OM and the coaches just show the world right there they don't give two shits about the best interest of those kids. No way our staff lets him go back out there with even the slightest possibility of damage.

EXACTLY!

He had a shot of Tordal and sent back out with a brace. You could see his knee was swole up like honeydew.

ShotgunDawg
10-22-2017, 09:03 AM
I think he means Ta?amu fits our offense.

Yeah he does, but Keytaon is way better than him so it's useless

Bully13
10-22-2017, 09:06 AM
EXACTLY!

He had a shot of Tordal and sent back out with a brace. You could see his knee was swole up like honeydew.

are you serious? I didn't watch the 2nd half. he was injected , braced and sent out there with it visibly swollen like that? if true, doesn't that violate some type of rule? at the least, it violates moral ethics to hell and back in my opinion.

Bucky Dog
10-22-2017, 09:08 AM
are you serious? I didn't watch the 2nd half. he was injected , braced and sent out there with it visibly swollen like that? if true, doesn't that violate some type of rule? at the least, it violates moral ethics to hell and back in my opinion.

Who's to know exactly what they did but visibly he was hobbling on it and they sent him back out there and he continued to get punished.

Ari Gold
10-22-2017, 09:12 AM

Come on man...

WinningIsRelentless
10-22-2017, 09:12 AM

You can play with a torn pcl. Hell about 30% of the time most people don't even know they have a torn pcl until another knee injury occurrs.

TrapGame
10-22-2017, 09:14 AM

My guess is Tordal. That shit works wonders. But I know a swollen knee when I see it and Shea's was very swollen. It was obvious.

Mimi's Babies
10-22-2017, 09:31 AM
Hell Ole Miss might get served more papers.

What the hell -- you've some of the very best orth. surgeons in this state in oxfart... they are even the team doctors. Surly they checked this kid out before sending back on the field. A shot of 'Tordal' won't do crap that quick.... So what did they give him?

Couldn't happen to a better group of idiots.... Ole daddy won't be getting his pay check from the boosters..... :rolleyes:

NWADAWG
10-22-2017, 09:42 AM
Any chance this is just an excuse to protect him for his next team next year?

Turfdawg67
10-22-2017, 09:46 AM
Come on man...

Maybe you should bring back your list, just for this guy?!?

Jacksondevildog
10-22-2017, 09:50 AM
Rumor on the spirit is Patterson was seen arriving in Memphis on a flight from Chicago on Thursday. None of the moderators will address it. Seems strange that he would be in Chicago during the middle of the LSU week.

Thick
10-22-2017, 09:59 AM
There?s no official announcement from OM yet.

parabrave
10-22-2017, 10:01 AM
Rumor on the spirit is Patterson was seen arriving in Memphis on a flight from Chicago on Thursday. None of the moderators will address it. Seems strange that he would be in Chicago during the middle of the LSU week.

Checking out a private Catholic school in that vicinity maybe?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-22-2017, 10:17 AM

Ha! Shea would get killed in our offense. He wouldn?t last half a season. He will be a better fit in the Big 12. I think somewhere like Oklahoma State

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-22-2017, 10:20 AM

We’re talking about a school that put their number 1 overall recruit, a DL, in at RB. This Shea ordeal is just another example of the players running the show. No leadership at all.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-22-2017, 10:25 AM
Checking out a private Catholic school in that vicinity maybe?

Wow I hope so! Would give me a reason to cheer for him!

Todd4State
10-22-2017, 10:34 AM

It's ethically wrong to do that speaking as a medical professional IF they knew there was a tear. They had Tony Connor play with knee injuries as well and you could tell he was hurt.

Todd4State
10-22-2017, 10:35 AM
If he's out what I think will change is they will be more balanced and run the ball more. They actually might become a better team because of it oddly enough.

Todd4State
10-22-2017, 11:15 AM
There?s no official announcement from OM yet.

Jackson media reporting it on Twitter.

Dolphus Raymond
10-22-2017, 11:27 AM
If Patterson was put back on the field knowing there was a pretty good chance that his knee was wrecked, the coach or coaches responsible should be fired.

WSOPdawg
10-22-2017, 11:27 AM
If he's out what I think will change is they will be more balanced and run the ball more. They actually might become a better team because of it oddly enough.

Ummm, don't think so. They're giving up 318 yards rushing in SEC play and their D may be among the worst in the SEC in the last decade. Losing Shae Bae in no way makes them better.

Offshore Dawg
10-22-2017, 11:29 AM

I'd take one of their WRs though

The poster didn't say shea he said Hawaii 5-0

Leroy Jenkins
10-22-2017, 11:41 AM
It's ethically wrong to do that speaking as a medical professional IF they knew there was a tear. They had Tony Connor play with knee injuries as well and you could tell he was hurt.

https://malecelebfilms.com/gallery/2012/01/Varsity-Blues-starring-James-Van-Der-Beek-Paul-Walker-and-Scott-Caan-04.jpg

Spiderman
10-22-2017, 11:43 AM
My guess is Tordal. That shit works wonders. But I know a swollen knee when I see it and Shea's was very swollen. It was obvious.

Yep, morphine didn't help after a surgery, but one tordal and 15 mins later I was ok

Todd4State
10-22-2017, 12:26 PM
Ummm, don't think so. They're giving up 318 yards rushing in SEC play and their D may be among the worst in the SEC in the last decade. Losing Shae Bae in no way makes them better.

I'm not saying that they will win more games but just that they will be more balanced. It probably will help their defense some because they probably won't be on the field as much but make no mistake they are a dumpster fire either way.

Commercecomet24
10-22-2017, 12:36 PM

They will do anything to win there. Cheat, hookers, drugs, playing a kid on wrecked knee or knees. Smh

WSOPdawg
10-22-2017, 12:39 PM
I'm not saying that they will win more games but just that they will be more balanced. It probably will help their defense some because they probably won't be on the field as much but make no mistake they are a dumpster fire either way.

This we definitely agree on. :)

Drugs Delaney
10-22-2017, 12:44 PM
He's way to good for this bullshit

BuckyIsAB****
10-22-2017, 04:07 PM
I wonder if they let Ta'amu sling it around the yard like they let Shea. Or do they run it more, think their RB got hurt too. They were hurting LSU with counter but decided to keep slinging it bc they couldnt stop them I guess

starkvegasdawg
10-22-2017, 04:19 PM
If Patterson was put back on the field knowing there was a pretty good chance that his knee was wrecked, the coach or coaches responsible should be fired.

The official line is they thought it was a sprained knee and no risk of worsening the injury by going back in.

Todd4State
10-22-2017, 05:18 PM
The official line is they thought it was a sprained knee and no risk of worsening the injury by going back in.

That's a fireable offense for an athletic trainer. It may look like a sprain- but you still have to get images to make sure it's not a fracture or a tear. And the way they are trying to make it sound- it sounds like they sent him out there solely on their guess basically.

I know what really happened is the coaches wanted him back in the game because their year and pretty offensive numbers are about to tank.

bomanishus
10-23-2017, 05:28 AM
"I am the first line of evaluation of every injury."

http://www.olemisssports.com/genrel/101409aab.html

louisvilledawg
10-23-2017, 07:36 AM
Hate it for Shea. He shouldn't have played the second half.

Now it's Hawaii 5-0's turn. And WSOP's right, defenses will prepare for him and he'll look very average.

Since he's from Hawaii, how are they communicating with him?? Do they have like sign languages or something in order to for him to know what the play is and help with the language barrier? *****

BulldogDX55
10-23-2017, 08:01 AM
Since he's from Hawaii, how are they communicating with him?? Do they have like sign languages or something in order to for him to know what the play is and help with the language barrier? *****

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to louisvilledawg again.

thf24
10-23-2017, 08:09 AM

They'll probably be more balanced out of necessity, but I doubt it'll translate to positive production because teams are going to be able to load the box more against them now.

TrapGame
10-23-2017, 08:31 AM

Those sideline signals are about to get real interesting!***

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb05up5g4g1qc1ybno2_250.gif

https://www.fuse.tv/image/551348b54c2fea2259000028/816/545/undefined.gif

BB30
10-23-2017, 09:06 AM
Torn PCL isn't really that big of a deal as far as Knees go. As another poster stated he probably felt alright with the brace on and just assumed it wasn't that bad. Still should have kept him out but there have been guys that have played half a season without realizing they had a torn PCL. If/when he transfers he will make a complete recovery This definitely isn't in the same world as a torn ACL/MCL.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-23-2017, 09:30 AM

for the year, yes

Pollodawg
10-23-2017, 09:31 AM
He's probably done on Oxford period.

GoDawgz
10-23-2017, 11:04 AM
I may be wrong here, but wasn't Kelly hurt without getting hit also? Ironic.

Jack Lambert
10-23-2017, 11:21 AM
I kind of feel for the guy but he is the one who chose to go to that ****ed up Mickey Mouse operation.

parabrave
10-23-2017, 12:22 PM
Those sideline signals are about to get real interesting!***

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb05up5g4g1qc1ybno2_250.gif

https://www.fuse.tv/image/551348b54c2fea2259000028/816/545/undefined.gif

Winner