PDA

View Full Version : Official SEC Power Rankings 10/21

ShotgunDawg
10-21-2017, 09:23 PM
Now that LSU is clearly in control of the game vs Ole Miss & we have a really good sample size in which to compare teams, here is my official SEC Power Rankings as of 10/21

1. Bama - They good
2. Georgia - They are really good as well. Maybe as good as Bama. We'll find out in Atlanta
-
-
3. Auburn - Really good but vulnerable on the road. I think they are better than LSU, but went completely stagnant on the road in Death Valley.
-
-
4. The Group of 3 - MSU, LSU, & A&M. All three of these teams are good football teams that are of the best 25 teams in the country & would compete to win the ACC, Big 12, & Pac 12. I don't think LSU should in any way be ranked above MSU after we shellacked them. It isn't right & I think we would beat them again as we can stop the run, run the ball, & Etling still stinks. That being said, they did beat Auburn, Florida, & now OM. Other than us beating them, they have a better resume. A&M has also gotten things together. If we win next Saturday night, IMO MSU is clearly the 4th best team in the conference due to beating both of the other contenders. Maybe an Outback Bowl on the line?
-
-

7. Ole Miss, Florida, South Carolina - Ole Miss can score & South Carolina appears to be decent. Not sure who would win this game. OM will lose to any team that can really run the football. They have no shot against such teams. Bo Bounds made a comment earlier this week that MSU vs OM on a neutral field is a toss up at this point & I couldn't disagree more. MSU can run the football & OM can't stop it. Sure OM may hit a few big pass plays, but they'll also throw incompletions, INTS, & give up sacks. If you can't stop the run, you can't beat teams that run it. Florida fits in the OM & South Carolina level. They can run it a little & play some defense. Can't score enough to be in the MSU, LSU, A&M level.
-

10. Kentucky & Tennessee - Both stink & are tremendously flawed. I have no clue who is better.

12-14 - Arkansas, Mizzou, & Vandy - I have no clue who is the best team out of this group. At least Mizzou can score, so maybe they are the best. Not sure. These teams stink though.

msstate7
10-21-2017, 09:26 PM
McE sucks so back he can?t even get ranked in shotgun?s sec power rankings

ShotgunDawg
10-21-2017, 09:28 PM
McE sucks so back he can?t even get ranked in shotgun?s sec power rankings

Shoot, left them out. My bad

BrunswickDawg
10-21-2017, 09:28 PM
Only thing I disagree with is OM should be a clear 8. They showed tonight they can’t score on a good D and if you can get pressure on Shae, he is toast.

ShotgunDawg
10-21-2017, 09:30 PM
Only thing I disagree with is OM should be a clear 8. They showed tonight they can’t score on a good D and if you can get pressure on Shae, he is toast.

So maybe Florida 7?

We have matchup issues in this group. All three could beat each other depending on the matchup

BrunswickDawg
10-21-2017, 09:35 PM
So maybe Florida 7?

We have matchup issues in this group. All three could beat each other depending on the matchup

You are probably right. UF’s D would stuff OM, but their O is horrible.

Quaoarsking
10-21-2017, 09:39 PM
I would say:

1 Alabama
2 Georgia
3 Auburn
4 Texas A&M (their resume is a little better than ours right now, but we can take this slot away from them next week)
5 Mississippi State
6 LSU (lost to Troy, but I can't justify putting anyone else in front of them)
7 Florida (not very good, but again here by default)
8 Kentucky (not very good, but won @ South Carolina)
9 South Carolina
10 Ole Miss
11 Arkansas (at least competitive with #4)
12 Tennessee (at least competitive with #7 and #9)
13 Vanderbilt
14 Missouri

Subject to change any time I reconsider

Commercecomet24
10-21-2017, 09:43 PM
I would say:

1 Alabama
2 Georgia
3 Auburn
4 Texas A&M (their resume is a little better than ours right now, but we can take this slot away from them next week)
5 Mississippi State
6 LSU (lost to Troy, but I can't justify putting anyone else in front of them)
7 Florida (not very good, but again here by default)
8 Kentucky (not very good, but won @ South Carolina)
9 South Carolina
10 Ole Miss
11 Arkansas (at least competitive with #4)
12 Tennessee (at least competitive with #7 and #9)
13 Vanderbilt
14 Missouri

Subject to change any time I reconsider

That?s pretty accurate. 10-14 though are just differnt levels of suck. Those 5 are pretty interchangeable