PDA

View Full Version : Shotgun's Thoughts on Game

ShotgunDawg
10-21-2017, 06:17 PM
- Fantastic effort today all the way around. Defense, offense, special teams. errrrrbdy

- How about getting it done on the OL with two freshman tackles. Throw in the group we will hopefully land this year, & it's hard to not feel pretty good about the future of that position

- Most efficient game of the year for Fitz. Played under control, didn't throw off his back foot, & made some good throws. Maybe he is a good QB.... He isn't perfect, but about 11 teams in this conference would kill to have him.

- Still want to see some of the WRs fight for the ball more. Couch appears to be emerging & Gabe does some nice things every now & again. It's just the complete lack of winning 50/50 balls that is demoralizing.

- Defense. I don't know what to say. That was over whelming. Fantastic job

- Keytaon has quicker feet than Fitz, slightly more burst, & about equal top end speed. Additionally, I think he throws a softer, more catchable pass than Fitz. Now, Fitz is obviously way better, more experienced, & a better current QB than Key, but Key will be absolutely NASTY in this offense. He should also have better WRs & a more talented to OL

- This team needs to find some big plays somewhere. Just difficult to consistently execute 12+ play drives. Someone will always screw up.

This team has found it's footing after the terrible games at UGA & Auburn. Due to sub-par talent at WR, we are limited on offense against top level teams, but we are getting better at doing what we do well & can do. I see absolutely no reason & there are no excuses for this team to not walk into Kyle Field next Saturday night & play a hell of a football game. There is no reason that we should play like we did at UGA or Auburn.

Next week is a HUGE, HUGE game for this season. Win it, & you are well on your way to 9 wins. NO EXCUSES. Have a great week of practice & let's go to A&M & play OUR football game. Have poise, play physical, & keep the ball in front. I think we are better than A&M but it's close. This is the battle for who is the 4th best team in this conference

starkvegasdawg
10-21-2017, 06:22 PM
Back breaker of the game was our opening drive of the second half. Almost eight minutes in length and we got 7.

msstate7
10-21-2017, 06:30 PM
Back breaker of the game was our opening drive of the second half. Almost eight minutes in length and we got 7.

That was as impressive a drive as I can remember. Doubly impressive considering two freshman tackles out there

DogsofAnarchy
10-21-2017, 06:30 PM
- Fantastic effort today all the way around. Defense, offense, special teams. errrrrbdy

- How about getting it done on the OL with two freshman tackles. Throw in the group we will hopefully land this year, & it's hard to not feel pretty good about the future of that position

- Most efficient game of the year for Fitz. Played under control, didn't throw off his back foot, & made some good throws. Maybe he is a good QB.... He isn't perfect, but about 11 teams in this conference would kill to have him.

- Still want to see some of the WRs fight for the ball more. Couch appears to be emerging & Gabe does some nice things every now & again. It's just the complete lack of winning 50/50 balls that is demoralizing.

- Defense. I don't know what to say. That was over whelming. Fantastic job

- Keytaon has quicker feet than Fitz, slightly more burst, & about equal top end speed. Additionally, I think he throws a softer, more catchable pass than Fitz. Now, Fitz is obviously way better, more experienced, & a better current QB than Key, but Key will be absolutely NASTY in this offense. He should also have better WRs & a more talented to OL

- This team needs to find some big plays somewhere. Just difficult to consistently execute 12+ play drives. Someone will always screw up.

This team has found it's footing after the terrible games at UGA & Auburn. Due to sub-par talent at WR, we are limited on offense against top level teams, but we are getting better at doing what we do well & can do. I see absolutely no reason & there are no excuses for this team to not walk into Kyle Field next Saturday night & play a hell of a football game. There is no reason that we should play like we did at UGA or Auburn.

Next week is a HUGE, HUGE game for this season. Win it, & you are well on your way to 9 wins. NO EXCUSES. Have a great week of practice & let's go to A&M & play OUR football game. Have poise, play physical, & keep the ball in front. I think we are better than A&M but it's close. This is the battle for who is the 4th best team in this conference

Only thing I disagree with is that THIS week was a HUGE HUGE game. Reassures us of a bowl game and the rest is just gravy.

Commercecomet24
10-21-2017, 06:37 PM
We are extremely physical on both sides of the ball!

tireddawg
10-21-2017, 06:37 PM
2 talented freshmen tackles. The OL I saw today, looked to have played better together as a unit.

ShotgunDawg
10-21-2017, 08:04 PM
2 talented freshmen tackles. The OL I saw today, looked to have played better together as a unit.

I'm not a great OL evaluator, but it does seem as though we have some young talent there.

BuckyIsAB****
10-21-2017, 09:00 PM
That was as impressive a drive as I can remember. Doubly impressive considering two freshman tackles out there

Overcame a shit holding call too 2nd 16 at one point we converted and went down and scored.