PDA

View Full Version : Fumbling into the end zone is a Touchback to the other team

Reason2succeed
10-21-2017, 04:00 PM
SEC Edd don't know the rules of the game. They did the same thing in Tn versus GA Tech but it was totally wrong. Obviously they don't learn.

msstate7
10-21-2017, 04:01 PM
Only on 4th down

shoeless joe
10-21-2017, 04:11 PM
Not when the same team recovers the ball. If it goes thru the back of the end zone ornout of bounds in the end zone it's a touch back.

On 4th down a fumble cannot be advanced so the ball is brought back to the spot of the fumble of the fumbling team recovers.

Homedawg
10-21-2017, 04:16 PM
SEC Edd don't know the rules of the game. They did the same thing in Tn versus GA Tech but it was totally wrong. Obviously they don't learn.

They got it right man. Don't pop when you don't know he rules.

Reason2succeed
10-21-2017, 04:22 PM
Then why not fumble into the end zone all the time instead of passing the ball? That way your receivers don't have to catch the ball.

An offense cannot advance the football through fumble.

starkvegasdawg
10-21-2017, 04:31 PM
From the cheap seats it looked like he threw it in the endzone.

BulldogBear
10-21-2017, 04:36 PM
Then why not fumble into the end zone all the time instead of passing the ball? That way your receivers don't have to catch the ball.

I think that's only if it goes out of bounds. Sure I guess you could try to fumble forward to a teammate but that would extremely unpredictable and only very very very very very rarely worth the risk.

Reason2succeed
10-21-2017, 05:12 PM
I think that's only if it goes out of bounds. Sure I guess you could try to fumble forward to a teammate but that would extremely unpredictable and only very very very very very rarely worth the risk.

You're right. A team can advance a fumble in college but that is the stupidest rule ever. How do you determine an incomplete pass from fumble. Both leave the all carriers hand and goes forward and hits the ground. A fumble can happen beyond the line of scrimmage. So if we are losing a game by 4 or more and get stuffed on the goal line I might go for a fumble instead of a play on 4th down.

TUSK
10-21-2017, 05:27 PM
Kenny Stabler approves this thread.

#holyroller

Homedawg
10-21-2017, 06:54 PM

Because he other team might recover???