PDA

View Full Version : Who is Cleveland Central?

BulldogBear
10-20-2017, 11:06 PM
Methinks this is the result of some consolidation that I missed. Seems to have turned out well for them athletically.

Liverpooldawg
10-20-2017, 11:20 PM
Methinks this is the result of some consolidation that I missed. Seems to have turned out well for them athletically.

Court ordered consolidation of Cleveland High and East Side.

TheRef
10-20-2017, 11:41 PM
Court ordered consolidation of Cleveland High and East Side.

This. The town is still a little divided over he matter. East Side will become the Middle School and CHS is the high school building. They are now the Cleveland Central High School. The kids have embraced it and are enjoying it as far as I can tell from family members with children in town.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-21-2017, 01:27 AM
Wonder if anyone was pissed over the name? ****

msbulldog
10-21-2017, 07:38 AM
Pretty good team, still undefeated, won last night.

Hasu Dackds
10-21-2017, 08:32 AM
This. The town is still a little divided over he matter. East Side will become the Middle School and CHS is the high school building. They are now the Cleveland Central High School. The kids have embraced it and are enjoying it as far as I can tell from family members with children in town.

I hope you are right but I've heard the opposite. I heard Bayou Academy has seen an influx.

TheRef
10-21-2017, 08:37 AM
I hope you are right but I've heard the opposite. I heard Bayou Academy has seen an influx.

You're right. Bayou Academy has seen an influx. But of those who are still in the system, they're okay with it after a semester of getting used to it. I think the parents are more butthurt over it than the kids. The kids just want to play and go to school.

Hasu Dackds
10-21-2017, 08:42 AM
You're right. Bayou Academy has seen an influx. But of those who are still in the system, they're okay with it after a semester of getting used to it. I think the parents are more butthurt over it than the kids. The kids just want to play and go to school.

It's a shame because Cleveland and Starkville both have a chance to prove what can happen when people work together in that situation, which, let's just be honest, hasn't been very successful in Mississippi yet for whatever reason. But I can certainly see why people are pulling their kids out. I won't judge them because I'm not sure what I'd do in that situation.

SailingDawg
10-21-2017, 09:58 AM
It's a shame because Cleveland and Starkville both have a chance to prove what can happen when people work together in that situation, which, let's just be honest, hasn't been very successful in Mississippi yet for whatever reason. But I can certainly see why people are pulling their kids out. I won't judge them because I'm not sure what I'd do in that situation.

It's successful on the coast.

Liverpooldawg
10-21-2017, 10:49 AM

It works in most places in NE Mississippi as well.

TheRef
10-21-2017, 11:02 AM
The difference between those mergers and the Cleveland merger is that those were not court ordered from people OUTSIDE the state. East Side students and parents were happy about going to East Side. Cleveland High students and parents were happy about going to Cleveland. People from up north and outside the state were the ones who brought the suit.

Hasu Dackds
10-21-2017, 05:30 PM

Which of those communities are majority minority?