PDA

View Full Version : 247 Sports / Genespage melt down

msudawglb
10-20-2017, 01:09 PM
Have any of you gone over to the 247 site and read some of the posts slamming Gene? It's pretty funny. I spent my 6 months on Genespage and can see why this latest merger is pissing off the 247 subscribers. Like one poster said...most of the other sites started because MSU faithful were tired of Gene and bolted.

Todd4State
10-20-2017, 01:15 PM
Yeah it's pretty hilarious. I feel kind of bad for Paul and Robbie for having to deal with it but it will simmer down after awhile.

It seems to me like the biggest point of contention is naming the site Genespage despite the fact that they merged with 247.

TrapGame
10-20-2017, 01:20 PM
I still remember the Great Shutdown of Maine.

The board exploded. Even sunshine pumpers were pissed. So, Gene just shuts the site down for about 48 hrs so every one could cool down.

Cool down Gene? Maine beat us in our own stadium at night. MAINE!!!

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-20-2017, 01:21 PM
Yes and I am one of the ones pissed about the embarrassing name representing a MSU site. Maybe not pissed but irritated. Didnt 247 buy out Scout? The fact that Gene posted on Scout making it look like 247 would go away and Paul and Robbie would be joining his crew kind of rubbed me wrong. I hope I just took it wrong.

confucius say
10-20-2017, 01:24 PM
Which one had more subscribers before the merger?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-20-2017, 01:26 PM

Genespage by a mile.

JDog13
10-20-2017, 01:26 PM
Look on the bright side. 24/7 subscribers now have access to writers that travel to games.

jumbo
10-20-2017, 01:32 PM

GP has a lot more subscribers, but 247 is a hell of a lot more active.

I think Gene demanding that the GP name stay is pretty lame, but I am absolutely loving the meltdown.

Political Hack
10-20-2017, 01:35 PM
It looks like they merged the little kids table with the adult table for Thanksgiving dinner. I'm just going to eat outside.

shannondawg
10-20-2017, 01:39 PM
I am a subscriber to 247 and hence because of the merger Gene's page, but it appears that the two message boards remain different but accessed from the same site.

I did notice that Rosie said only 12 people had been banned in the last few years, and they were mostly reb trolls. It was edited by Gene, so who knows what Rosie had to say about it. I trust him a lot more than I do Gene.

Coach don't get fretful, edawgs is still my first love! I rarely go over there and when I do is because of trying to run down a rumor or what not.

confucius say
10-20-2017, 01:40 PM
Hailstate takeover has to be liking this

msudawglb
10-20-2017, 01:47 PM
Yes and I am one of the ones pissed about the embarrassing name representing a MSU site. Maybe not pissed but irritated. Didnt 247 buy out Scout? The fact that Gene posted on Scout making it look like 247 would go away and Paul and Robbie would be joining his crew kind of rubbed me wrong. I hope I just took it wrong.

Yeah, I'm trying to understand the dynamic. Everything I've read said that 247 bought out Scout. So, I'm assuming if 247 wanted the name changed that could happen. The audacity of Gene in some of his posts is quite amazing. He is clinging to that board name with all his mite. I left Genespage because of the way Steve would mouth off about Paul on 247. Everytime Steve was wrong or got scooped by Paul, he would attach Paul's credibility on a personal level.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-20-2017, 01:56 PM
Look on the bright side. 24/7 subscribers now have access to writers that travel to games.

By the time they get their stories up it's Tuesday though

Ifyouonlyknew
10-20-2017, 01:58 PM
When the mergers started to take place on each board whichever site had the most members got to be the board name. The problem here is that the site with the most members has a name that has 0 to do with MSU sports.

KentuckyDawg13
10-20-2017, 02:09 PM
WTH? I left Jean's Paige years ago...now Jort's name is on 247? What is going on?

Cooterpoot
10-20-2017, 02:10 PM
All the pussies are on Genespage. And they're old.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-20-2017, 02:17 PM
When the mergers started to take place on each board whichever site had the most members got to be the board name. The problem here is that the site with the most members has a name that has 0 to do with MSU sports.

I personally liked the name suggested by a poster on 247. HailState247.

JDog13
10-20-2017, 02:22 PM
By the time they get their stories up it's Tuesday though

They show up on Sunday for me. Check with your isp.

maroonmania
10-20-2017, 02:32 PM
Sounds like Gene's ego is getting too big for his britches. Isn't he retiring or in the process of retiring? Guess he has to make sure his name lives on!! Can't actually let the board have some MSU associated name when he has his legacy to protect!

jumbo
10-20-2017, 02:37 PM
Sounds like Gene's ego is getting too big for his britches. Isn't he retiring or in the process of retiring? Guess he has to make sure his name lives on!! Can't actually let the board have some MSU associated name when he has his legacy to protect!

In 5 years. Which he pointed out today saying "the name of the site will remain as is until I move on in 5 years"

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-20-2017, 02:39 PM
In 5 years. Which he pointed out today saying "the name of the site will remain as is until I move on in 5 years"

did he really say this?

Maroonthirteen
10-20-2017, 03:01 PM
Someone from 247 should interview Gene about his retirement plans.

Favorite movie theater?
Favorite movie?
Pizza toppings?

TrapGame
10-20-2017, 03:09 PM
I don't go anywhere but here. ED or nothing.

jumbo
10-20-2017, 03:12 PM
did he really say this?

he did

Todd4State
10-20-2017, 03:22 PM
Someone from 247 should interview Gene about his retirement plans.

Favorite movie theater?
Favorite movie?
Pizza toppings?

Excellent! LOL!

notsofarawaydawg
10-20-2017, 03:24 PM

Watch it **

What is Jean's Page? **

BeastMan
10-20-2017, 03:41 PM
Gene has been saying he'd retire for years now and never does. He's the worst. I joined the scout site for 6 months to support Steve and it was horrible so i cancelled. Very little content and anything Dave writes is unreadable. Gene writes zero.

Bodaski
10-20-2017, 03:47 PM
Not so. but I am old cooter.

dawggrad08
10-20-2017, 03:47 PM
did he really say this?

He did, but made sure to say "whatever Steve wants to do after that is up to him". Making it as obvious as possible that Paul or Robbie don't have any authority on a site they basically built from nothing.

I was a member of scout WAAAAAAY back, was a member of 247 for years, always planned to go back eventually but now...I probably won't since I'm here now.

JoseBrown
10-20-2017, 04:10 PM
I still remember the Great Shutdown of Maine.

The board exploded. Even sunshine pumpers were pissed. So, Gene just shuts the site down for about 48 hrs so every one could cool down.

Cool down Gene? Maine beat us in our own stadium at night. MAINE!!!

So Jean was the first to apply ?safe spaces?. I remember that, both The Maine and the shutdown.

Jean invented:
1) JeansPaige
2) SixPackSpeak
3) SafeSpaces

He maybe as smart as he thinks he is...

Dallas_Dawg
10-20-2017, 04:26 PM
It looks like they merged the little kids table with the adult table for Thanksgiving dinner. I'm just going to eat outside.

Perfect analogy. I will join you at the picnic table. I will bring whiskey and conversation.

Thick
10-20-2017, 04:40 PM
GP has a lot more subscribers, but 247 is a hell of a lot more active.

I think Gene demanding that the GP name stay is pretty lame, but I am absolutely loving the meltdown.

WRONG! Paul never leaves the Starkville area code to cover any MSU sports. He watches them on tv and them writes a story or 2. Steve travels 10x more then Paul or Robbie, and writes better articles as well. You might not like Gene, but their site does the real work.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-20-2017, 05:06 PM
WRONG! Paul never leaves the Starkville area code to cover any MSU sports. He watches them on tv and them writes a story or 2. Steve travels 10x more then Paul or Robbie, and writes better articles as well. You might not like Gene, but their site does the real work.

Think he was referring to the actual board being active.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-20-2017, 05:14 PM

Board wise it's not even a comparison. 247 is by far better

Thick
10-20-2017, 05:20 PM
My bad

ElitedawgRecruiting
10-20-2017, 05:42 PM
Here’s the part that blows my mind. If anyone else in the business saw the meltdown it was causing they would compromise to keep everyone happy. Not Swindoll. He actually believes his ass is as important as Cohen.

But 247 folks will gain some stuff. Like videos of David and Steve. Which if you turn volume down, you will swear you are watching a Corey B Trotz commercial. “Lawyer Murray got me out of all my legal troubles for a fraction of the cost”.

Paul Jones
10-20-2017, 06:16 PM

False. In my 25 years of sports writing, I have never written a game story based off a game I watched on TV. You are correct that I have not traveled to road games since I got on 247Sports except I do go to Alabama and Ole Miss (have not missed an Egg Bowl in 37 years) and covered those road games. During my 12 years in newspaper business, I had to travel all the time for road games and just kinda got burnt out on it.

If you have proof of a game story I wrote that I did not attend, please feel free to show it. If you can, you can try out the new site for free on me. Just don't appreciate someone who doesn't know me spreading falsehoods about me and my profession.

Political Hack
10-20-2017, 06:19 PM
Perfect analogy. I will join you at the picnic table. I will bring whiskey and conversation.

Deal.

Political Hack
10-20-2017, 06:24 PM
I love me some Thick, but Paul > Rosie every day and twice on Sundays if for no other reason than ethical decency.

Some people are about themselves. Some are about things bigger than themselves.

yjnkdawg
10-20-2017, 06:46 PM
I had been a subscriber to 247 for a good while. Last year I subscribed to GP because of Steve and I got the good yearly + deal. My understanding was that the merger would be done during our football bi week. I just wonder how it will effect dual subscriptions, because my GP goes through April 2018 and I'm on a monthly one for 247?

Paul Jones
10-20-2017, 06:48 PM
I had been a subscriber to 247 for a good while. Last year I subscribed to GP because of Steve and I got the good yearly + deal. My understanding was that the merger would be done during our football bi week. I just wonder how it will effect dual subscriptions, because my GP goes through April 2018 and I'm on a monthly one for 247?

It will carry over and you will add the month you paid for at 247 to your subscription length at GP

confucius say
10-20-2017, 06:49 PM
Do either of those do the traffic ED does? Or even six pack?

I've never been on either but listen to the boneyard every MWF and Paul and Robbie are always good on radio spots. Seems like from what I've read if Gene got out of the way the merger would work fine.

RocketDawg
10-20-2017, 06:52 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Gene's Page the first MSU sports forum, dating back into the '90s when the Internet was pretty much in it's infancy and many people didn't even have access, and those who did were on dialup? I first joined there I think in the mid- to late-'90s, and at first he had just free board, then added "premium content". There was also a board by the Internet Bulldog Booster Club, or IBBC, but that forum didn't last long. And later on, the IBBC (a tailgating group) dissipated entirely. I pretty much got tired of sports boards in general and basically quit reading or posting anywhere around 2008. At some point Gene's Page because a totally "premium", or pay, site and I never bothered to join. I joined SPS at some point around the time they broke away from Gene's Page, but didn't really participate much. And I joined ED after it broke away from SPS, but only started actively reading and posting about 3 or 4 years ago.

Anyway, given that Gene's was pretty much the "flagship" board (kind of like OM is the "flagship" school **) I can see how his name might justify sticking with the consolidated board. I just don't see how anybody can make a decent living running and reporting for sports boards, but maybe I'm don't know the full picture.

JDog13
10-20-2017, 07:02 PM
I love me some Thick, but Paul > Rosie every day and twice on Sundays if for no other reason than ethical decency.

Some people are about themselves. Some are about things bigger than themselves.

Hack, I love you, but that's stupid. He just said he didn't travel to games cause he got burnt out. I wish I could tell my job I'm burnt out and not do what's part of my job. Steve and David travel to games, Paul doesn't. And you're saying Steve is the one about himself? Ok.

yjnkdawg
10-20-2017, 07:03 PM
It will carry over and you will add the month you paid for at 247 to your subscription length at GP

Thanks Paul.

msstate7
10-20-2017, 07:05 PM
This merger seems to be coming along just fine haha

Paul Jones
10-20-2017, 07:08 PM
Hack, I love you, but that's stupid. He just said he didn't travel to games cause he got burnt out. I wish I could tell my job I'm burnt out and not do what's part of my job. Steve and David travel to games, Paul doesn't. And you're saying Steve is the one about himself? Ok.

My main job is recruiting and not team coverage though. I still travel to HS games, mostly in this area but driving on my own dime to cover MSU road games got old and wasn't smart financially. Not sure what beef you have with me but I admire your support for Steve. I do recall you saying last month to me that MSU Scout and 247Sports sites would remain separate and be ran as 2 different sites, but I told you that wasn't going to be the case.

Just cause you are loyal to an MSU writer doesn't mean you have to take cheap shots at other MSU writers. But to each his own. As Hack and others here know, it's never about me and just a guy working in sports.

Political Hack
10-20-2017, 07:09 PM

A grown man burnt me to promote himself over another site. It is what it is and I don't hold any grudges, but that doesn't mean I have to be fan.

confucius say
10-20-2017, 07:22 PM
A grown man burnt me to promote himself over another site. It is what it is and I don't hold any grudges, but that doesn't mean I have to be fan.

Wait, he burnt you? I've only been around for like 2-3 years, what I miss?

HoopsDawg
10-20-2017, 07:30 PM
I left Gene's page b/c I hated the multiple message boards. I can't believe Gene can't put his ego aside and let go of his name. That's pretty bad.

msstate7
10-20-2017, 07:30 PM
Wait, he burnt you? I've only been around for like 2-3 years, what I miss?

Think he talking about the Redmond deal

msstate7
10-20-2017, 07:31 PM
I left Gene's page b/c I hated the multiple message boards. I can't believe Gene can't put his ego aside and let go of his name. That's pretty bad.

To be fair, it is one BA name lol

JDog13
10-20-2017, 07:37 PM
My main job is recruiting and not team coverage though. I still travel to HS games, mostly in this area but driving on my own dime to cover MSU road games got old and wasn't smart financially. Not sure what beef you have with me but I admire your support for Steve. I do recall you saying last month to me that MSU Scout and 247Sports sites would remain separate and be ran as 2 different sites, but I told you that wasn't going to be the case.

Just cause you are loyal to an MSU writer doesn't mean you have to take cheap shots at other MSU writers. But to each his own. As Hack and others here know, it's never about me and just a guy working in sports.

July was last month? I agree I said it was gonna stay two separate sites back then. I messaged Steve and asked him about it, and his response was the boards would be merging. I listened to the wrong person. I admit it.

As far as having a beef with you, I have as much of a beef with you as everyone else on here has a beef with Steve. I subscribe to him, they subscribe to you. You said in your post you didn't travel, so I defended someone saying Steve was about himself. He travels and provides more coverage for his subscribers by traveling. That seems like he's more about his subscribers than himself.

A lot of cheap shots are being taken here about Steve, but I don't see him on here defending himself. So maybe adress all the cheap shots if you feel so strongly about supporting all MSU writers. But to each his own.

If you want to beef with me, that's fine. You singled Thick and I out, out of all the people on here talking shit. So cool, we beefin. You smell funny.

Paul Jones
10-20-2017, 07:41 PM
Of course I singled out Thick. He told something about me and my profession that was untrue.

JDog13
10-20-2017, 07:43 PM
Of course I singled out Thick. He told something about me and my profession that was untrue.

Address my other points. We can't beef properly if you avoid them.

Edit: Thick did say something that was true. So 50/50

Todd4State
10-20-2017, 07:50 PM
While I admit this merger is amusing they really should change the name of the site from Genespage to something else. I like the HailState247 idea over there.

It sounds to me like 247 thought Genespage was bigger and went with it and didn't realize that it was a dying website.

JDog13
10-20-2017, 07:52 PM
What's the 247/Spirit site going to be called?

yjnkdawg
10-20-2017, 07:56 PM
Delete

msstate7
10-20-2017, 07:57 PM
What's the 247/Spirit site going to be called?

Yancy page

Thick
10-20-2017, 08:08 PM
Paul, you were quick to respond to my post. I’m curious to know how often do you cruise this site for your content. It’s apparent that you definitely keep an eye out. Did you happen to attend the Women’s Final Four or did you send Robbie? Just curious if you attended the biggest event in MSU women’s sports history, and definitely in the top 3 maybe 5 in MSU history. At the end of the day, your excuse is you got burned out. In most professions, once you burn out you get lazy, and slack in your duty. Thus, you get acquired/merge with another that has apparently a stronger presence to some.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-20-2017, 08:37 PM
Paul, you were quick to respond to my post. I’m curious to know how often do you cruise this site for your content. It’s apparent that you definitely keep an eye out. Did you happen to attend the Women’s Final Four or did you send Robbie? Just curious if you attended the biggest event in MSU women’s sports history, and definitely in the top 3 maybe 5 in MSU history. At the end of the day, your excuse is you got burned out. In most professions, once you burn out you get lazy, and slack in your duty. Thus, you get acquired/merge with another that has apparently a stronger presence to some.

Not to get involved in this spat but does it matter if Paul wasn't there if Robbie was? Someone from the site had coverage. If Gene doesn't go someplace but sends Steve or David isn't it about the site being represented? Now I'll step back.

Paul Jones
10-20-2017, 08:48 PM
Paul, you were quick to respond to my post. I?m curious to know how often do you cruise this site for your content. It?s apparent that you definitely keep an eye out. Did you happen to attend the Women?s Final Four or did you send Robbie? Just curious if you attended the biggest event in MSU women?s sports history, and definitely in the top 3 maybe 5 in MSU history. At the end of the day, your excuse is you got burned out. In most professions, once you burn out you get lazy, and slack in your duty. Thus, you get acquired/merge with another that has apparently a stronger presence to some.

I look at several sites and have a good relationship with the admins here and at Six Pack. Robbie covered the Women's Final Four for us.
247Sports loves the way I work for them and the content I provide. We cover HS games every weekend and when Robbie could cover the Final Four, I had no need to go. I have never been lazy in my life. I did get burned out from traveling so much when in the newspaper business, mainly because for 4 straight years, to help my family more, I had to run a paper route along with my regular work duties. I drove 100 miles a day for 6 days a week for 4 straight years, not counting my normal travel for the newspaper. Many nights I would drive in from LSU or Auburn or Georgia, get home at 4 am and head right back out Sunday morning to deliver paper.

Not to mention, covering road games ain't like what it used to be with everything on TV now and having social media.

Again, probably shouldn't have let this bother me and you guys say what you want to say. But I didn't like seeing people talk about me like they know my past. You took my 'burned out' comment like I was burnt out from covering sports, lol. Our merger had nothing to do with what you say - us slacking - and we've steadily grown at 247 and we're doing fine. Then CBS bought a bankrupt Scout network and merged all the sites regardless of which site was doing what.

I do look at this site from time to time because a few times, people have copied and pasted our info. Not a big deal to me as long as they say where it came from.

EAVdog
10-20-2017, 09:03 PM
Paul, I subscribe to 247. I’m going to stick with it because y’all do a good job. I’ve never had a complaint. Good stories, interviews etc...

But that name though! That is turrible.

Anonymous
10-20-2017, 09:12 PM
Paul, I subscribe to 247. I’m going to stick with it because y’all do a good job. I’ve never had a complaint. Good stories, interviews etc...

This is how everyone at 247 feels. We sub there because Paul/Robbie objectively give the best coverage of State sports, and it isn't close.

That being said, the merger could be a great thing in that it brings more posters. The unfortunate side is an inflated staff while only 3 of them (Paul, Robbie, Steve) carry their weight.

BeastMan
10-20-2017, 09:15 PM
I think it?s pretty clear in this thread I?m not a Gene guy but I like Steve. He gained a lot in my eyes after that all of me article about his life. I gained respect for him as a human. That said, are there really people beating up Paul over not traveling to away games when Steve covered MSU from Baton Rouge for a bunch of years? Give me a break y?all. End of the day I think Steve, Paul, and Robbie are the future and can provide great content for MSU fans via totally different personalities and skill sets. Gene and David need to retire. And the MSU site does not need to be named after Gene. It?s insane to name the MSU board after a semi retired photographer.

EAVdog
10-20-2017, 09:16 PM
I’m sure it’ll be just as good or better adding Steve. As long as he doesn’t go on another DeVinney witch hunt. ‘Genes Page’ just sounds like some androgynous dudes YouTube Channel who is way into cats. Doesn’t sound anything remotely MSU related. Just had branding, which I know Paul/Robbie probably have no control over.

Plus I’ll add that I’ve always felt like Paul/Robbie we’re good dudes even though I’ve never met them. Seriously it’s been a pleasure being a part of the board.

Bodaski
10-20-2017, 09:22 PM
This is just my 2 cents worth. People join various sites for basically the same reasons. They want to learn and read as much positive scoop about their school as they can get, period. I think in Paul's response of not traveling to MSU games my leave sorta of a bad taste in 247 member's mouth. They want to see the folks they buy information from to be as excited as they are. It has been obvious Paul and crew haven't traveled like some others who have a business like theirs. Their write-ups hit the boards as quick as the fans and they would comment during the game, on the in game threads. I could care less either way. but I did hold Steve's write-ups in a different light for the simple reason he put forth the effort of going. People want to see effort, not when its conveniuante to go. 247 does a great job on Big Dawg recruiting camp. Its local. That's my point, payee's want to feel like they are getting something for their money. The effort takes care of that.

yjnkdawg
10-20-2017, 09:26 PM
All the other sites have School Names or something related to their team mascot. LSU has Geaux247. GA has Dawgs247. And we have Gene's Page ???? Wow

Thick
10-20-2017, 09:28 PM
Don’t care for the name either. It should be something that represents the university.

Anonymous
10-20-2017, 09:28 PM
This is just my 2 cents worth. People join various sites for basically the same reasons. They want to learn and read as much positive scoop about their school as they can get, period. I think in Paul's response of not traveling to MSU games my leave sorta of a bad taste in 247 member's mouth. They want to see the folks they buy information from to be as excited as they are. It has been obvious Paul and crew haven't traveled like some others who have a business like theirs. Their write-ups hit the boards as quick as the fans and they would comment during the game, on the in game threads. I could care less either way. but I did hold Steve's write-ups in a different light for the simple reason he put forth the effort of going. People want to see effort, not when its conveniuante to go. 247 does a great job on Big Dawg recruiting camp. Its local. That's my point, payee's want to feel like they are getting something for their money. The effort takes care of that.

Maybe I've missed something, but I see a lot more evidence of Robbie traveling than pretty much any other non University employed reporter. Lot of interaction on social media between him and the university guys like Matt and Bob.

BrunswickDawg
10-20-2017, 10:37 PM
Bash Paul, bash Gene - shouldn’t someone bash Wardlaw now for old times sake?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-20-2017, 10:42 PM
While I admit this merger is amusing they really should change the name of the site from Genespage to something else. I like the HailState247 idea over there.

It sounds to me like 247 thought Genespage was bigger and went with it and didn't realize that it was a dying website.

Would they be able to use HailState since it is trademarked by the university?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-20-2017, 10:43 PM
All the other sites have School Names or something related to their team mascot. LSU has Geaux247. GA has Dawgs247. And we have Gene's Page ???? Wow

It's kind of like Hail State, Roll Tide, War Eagle, Gig'em Aggies, Geaux Tigers, and then OM has Hotty Toddy. smh

Todd4State
10-20-2017, 10:53 PM

Why would I bash a guy that gave me a lifetime subscription?**

Todd4State
10-20-2017, 10:55 PM
Would they be able to use HailState since it is trademarked by the university?

Probably if it's HailState247. They're promoting and working with the University and promoting MSU athletics so I don't see it being a huge issue.

CadaverDawg
10-20-2017, 11:11 PM
Sounds like a bunch of damn women in this thread, lol. I disagree with the calling Paul out for not traveling as much....If Robbie is going & 247 is represented, that would be dumb for more than one of them to go. In case some of you haven't considered this, these guys aren't making 6 figures running these sites....so they have to work smarter, not just harder, at times. So let's get away from the personal attacks and just agree that this group should be able to provide us, the fans, with better coverage than ever as a group. If there is to be any anger, it should be directed at Gene for this dumb assed name deal. Somebody buy the man a pizza & a new camera in exchange for him dropping the name shit & giving us a Cowbell247 or Clanga247 or HailState247. Genespage?...really Gene? If you really want your name to stick around, do what's right for the school & fan base you work for and give us a site we can be proud of by dropping your name as the site name.

As for Steve and Paul, they both love MSU and do a great job covering it, and Robbie seems okay. Let's support these guys and unite behind them instead of trying to always be so damn divisive. We are all on the same team, and not a damn one of us are perfect.

Hail State?

Yarddawg
10-20-2017, 11:37 PM
Don’t understand the people calling out Paul! Does Paul come on yall job and cause problems well don’t cause problems on his! Paul they don’t supervise you or your work you don’t owe these keyboard cowboys an explanation. Keep up the good work my guy..

msstate7
10-20-2017, 11:44 PM
Don’t understand the people calling out Paul! Does Paul come on yall job and cause problems well don’t cause problems on his! Paul they don’t supervise you or your work you don’t owe these keyboard cowboys an explanation. Keep up the good work my guy..

Neither does mean Gene. For the record though, I don?t care who you/anyone calls out in the great merger of 2017

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-21-2017, 01:24 AM
Sounds like a bunch of damn women in this thread, lol. I disagree with the calling Paul out for not traveling as much....If Robbie is going & 247 is represented, that would be dumb for more than one of them to go. In case some of you haven't considered this, these guys aren't making 6 figures running these sites....so they have to work smarter, not just harder, at times. So let's get away from the personal attacks and just agree that this group should be able to provide us, the fans, with better coverage than ever as a group. If there is to be any anger, it should be directed at Gene for this dumb assed name deal. Somebody buy the man a pizza & a new camera in exchange for him dropping the name shit & giving us a Cowbell247 or Clanga247 or HailState247. Genespage?...really Gene? If you really want your name to stick around, do what's right for the school & fan base you work for and give us a site we can be proud of by dropping your name as the site name.

As for Steve and Paul, they both love MSU and do a great job covering it, and Robbie seems okay. Let's support these guys and unite behind them instead of trying to always be so damn divisive. We are all on the same team, and not a damn one of us are perfect.

Hail State?

Bravo sir!!

mo7888
10-21-2017, 07:47 AM

I feel the same way.

Political Hack
10-21-2017, 08:38 AM

I'm still reaping the benefits on my lifetime subscription to BDJ. What a deal!!!!

yjnkdawg
10-21-2017, 08:46 AM
Why would I bash a guy that gave me a lifetime subscription?**

LOL Me either, Todd. I contacted Wardlaw about a refund and he was so calm and nice**. He never responded back. Imagine that?

yjnkdawg
10-21-2017, 08:51 AM
I'm still reaping the benefits on my lifetime subscription to BDJ. What a deal!!!!

Me too, Hack, especially when the so-called merger happened and it was supposed to be the greatest MSU publication ever, if I remember right. After my Lifetime Membership expired I guess, and they were defunct, and Wardlaw skipped town, I was still reaping the benefits but I just didn't realize it.

yjnkdawg
10-21-2017, 08:55 AM
Bash Paul, bash Gene - shouldn?t someone bash Wardlaw now for old times sake?

Nahhh Wardlaw went on to better things! His ears wouldn't even be burning if we did, but i'm still waiting at the "Junction" for my Lifetime Membership refund. ****

msbulldog
10-21-2017, 08:56 AM
I've been a subscriber to 247 for about 4 or 5 years, matter of fact I just bought my nephew (another MSU grad) a year subscription. He is an avid fan and is young and starting a family, I bought it for him for Christmas. A free version of The Daily Biscuits is what got me hooked. I really enjoy recruiting news, I like 3 things I know and the open recruiting threads. Robbie does an excellent job with basket and baseball. I really don't need much football analysis as I have played enough and watched enough to form my own opinions. I occasionally look at SPS, but there is never anything that hooks me. Never miss Boneyard or most of BSR, in fact I bought 2 copies of Flim Flam, 1 for me and 1 for my brother. Then in February 2016 I found ED and it was on from there on! I use the same username on all sites even SECRant. I really haven't fully explored the expanded version of 247 yet, but it should be named HailState 247!

msbulldog
10-21-2017, 09:44 AM
Hell just out of curiosity after reading all this comment on this thread and it did not take long to find Gene Swindoll's post that set off this firestorm. I responded:
Yep, 57 months ago, I did not sign up for gene's page I bought 247. I own 2-247 subscriptions mine and one I pay for my nephew. Gene Swindoll, I don't know you and I have never posted anything on your site. Scout went bankrupt, not CBS and you come over here like a damn dictator saying this is the law, when you ought to come over with hat in hand and be thankful some body saved your site. Now don't think I am a youngster, I was a freshman at MSU in 1973. Your attitude is very disturbing, this is a MSU fan site that is supported by our subscriptions and not your money. I like many others are willing to cancel our subscriptions if this type of dictatorial attitude continues. And rest assured when I contact your corporate office in my cancellation, I will fully explain the reason and your involvement.

bostondawg
10-21-2017, 10:10 AM
Jesus.

So I'm admittedly a young alumni and new to the MSU internet world, but christ I have a lot to learn. Haha.

Todd4State
10-21-2017, 10:45 AM
Hell just out of curiosity after reading all this comment on this thread and it did not take long to find Gene Swindoll's post that set off this firestorm. I responded:
Yep, 57 months ago, I did not sign up for gene's page I bought 247. I own 2-247 subscriptions mine and one I pay for my nephew. Gene Swindoll, I don't know you and I have never posted anything on your site. Scout went bankrupt, not CBS and you come over here like a damn dictator saying this is the law, when you ought to come over with hat in hand and be thankful some body saved your site. Now don't think I am a youngster, I was a freshman at MSU in 1973. Your attitude is very disturbing, this is a MSU fan site that is supported by our subscriptions and not your money. I like many others are willing to cancel our subscriptions if this type of dictatorial attitude continues. And rest assured when I contact your corporate office in my cancellation, I will fully explain the reason and your involvement.

I agree in that I think if he would let the name go it would calm a lot of things down.

JDog13
10-21-2017, 11:07 AM
Scout went bankrupt, not CBS and you come over here like a damn dictator saying this is the law, when you ought to come over with hat in hand and be thankful some body saved your site.

CBS didn't save his site. It purchased Scout. His site was not owned by Scout, and could stand on its own as many sites do.

msstate7
10-21-2017, 11:17 AM
CBS didn't save his site. It purchased Scout. His site was not owned by Scout, and could stand on its own as many sites do.

I don?t doubt this at all; but I do wonder on a recruiting site, what recruiting rankings he would use.

On the name, the owner of the merger set the rules, right? He said most users, so I think Gene is within his rights even if the name is bad

JDog13
10-21-2017, 11:30 AM
I don?t doubt this at all; but I do wonder on a recruiting site, what recruiting rankings he would use.

On the name, the owner of the merger set the rules, right? He said most users, so I think Gene is within his rights even if the name is bad

As a stand alone site, they would not have access to a recruiting network. I looked at the name of the om site, and the 247 site is called the OMSpirit. So as usual, all these people bitching about Gene and the name don't know the whole story. I'm not taking up for big perm, but they were the only party in the negotiations with 247. They and the 247 guys are the only ones that know all the details.

msbulldog
10-21-2017, 12:21 PM
As a stand alone site, they would not have access to a recruiting network. I looked at the name of the om site, and the 247 site is called the OMSpirit. So as usual, all these people bitching about Gene and the name don't know the whole story. I'm not taking up for big perm, but they were the only party in the negotiations with 247. They and the 247 guys are the only ones that know all the details.

Hey JDog, I always enjoy your posts, you are really funny sometimes. But if it's Gene's way or the highway, I will cancel my 2 subscriptions and give the money to St. Jude's which i should be doing any way. Probably won't hurt anybody, but it is a damn shame because I have supported Paul and Robbie for 5 years.

JDog13
10-21-2017, 12:30 PM
Hey JDog, I always enjoy your posts, you are really funny sometimes. But if it's Gene's way or the highway, I will cancel my 2 subscriptions and give the money to St. Jude's which i should be doing any way. Probably won't hurt anybody, but it is a damn shame because I have supported Paul and Robbie for 5 years.

I feel the same way about Steve and David. I'd cancel the sub if they got pushed out and it was PJ & RF. Where are you hearing it's Gene's way or they highway? Looks pretty much the same as what they are doing company wide. I think you've gotten some bad info.

I seen it dawg
10-21-2017, 12:43 PM
Thinks it prob about time to wrap the eating our own thread. The MSU way. Each side has shitty qualities and a few good qualities. Let’s move on down the road.

msbulldog
10-21-2017, 01:04 PM
Thinks it prob about time to wrap the eating our own thread. The MSU way. Each side has shitty qualities and a few good qualities. Let’s move on down the road.

Hail State and ED!