PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting Question- Brownlee, West Point

chainedup_Dawg
10-20-2017, 11:41 AM
I know it has been mentioned in passing on here a couple of times but haven't seen opinions or info from our more connected recruiting guys. Are we on this kid? 6-3, 175lbs definitely has the frame to carry more weight. Good hands, high points the ball well, runs pretty good routes, not afraid to lay out for a ball either, and not afraid to block. Not real sure on his speed but to me it really seems like he is a kid that could really help us out. West Point doesn't throw it around a whole lot but pretty much every game this kid has stood out. Forgot to add, he also plays defense so he's not afraid of contact.

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/jason-brownlee/C6Dfke9HEeS-8KA2nzwbTA/videos.htm

Todd4State
10-20-2017, 11:46 AM
It might depend on Whop and what happens with the o-line recruits. Spots are tight.

Bully13
10-20-2017, 11:59 AM
kinda weird he's not on the main 247 "no pay" board.

Bully13
10-20-2017, 12:01 PM
It might depend on Whop and what happens with the o-line recruits. Spots are tight.

who are the remaining O-line croots Todd? is "Whop" the Carvin guy out of mempho? who are the others?

Political Hack
10-20-2017, 12:12 PM

You mean Genespage?

chainedup_Dawg
10-20-2017, 12:14 PM

I noticed that too. I ran a search on last name and 247 has him listed as "Jaden" instead of Jason and has no stats or info. Definitely weird.

chainedup_Dawg
10-20-2017, 12:15 PM
who are the remaining O-line croots Todd? is "Whop" the Carvin guy out of mempho? who are the others?

"Whop" is a WR that was Key's former teammate. Believe his last name is Jason, could be wrong though.

msbulldog
10-20-2017, 12:18 PM

Whop is Devontae Jason (sp) receiver from KT's high school, Carvin is another guy.

Todd4State
10-20-2017, 12:36 PM

The secret recruit from Pennsylvania- Chris Bleich I believe is his name, Cole Smith, and maybe Hamilton Hall.

jumbo
10-20-2017, 12:59 PM

Carvin (guy from Memphis)
Bleich
Smith
Hall

Whop is Devonta Jason, WR from LA.

Mimi's Babies
10-20-2017, 08:47 PM
BUMP..... BUMP..... BUMP...

Ifyouonlyknew
10-20-2017, 08:52 PM
Hopefully Brownlee heads to Juco & we can track him there.

chainedup_Dawg
10-20-2017, 09:09 PM
In the first half tonight he had 122 yards on 3 catches and I believe 2 tds. Haven't seen 2nd half stats yet. Didn't get to go tonight but seems West Point went pretty run heavy 2nd half

Harrydawg
10-20-2017, 10:27 PM
Did ya notice a kid named Murphy? Hear he's a good'un

Mimi's Babies
10-21-2017, 05:49 AM
My understanding it will be a BIG day at MSU today.
Do have is a bit of information on:
Marcus is a great young man and listed as #1 in the Dandy Dozen. He is very clean cut, resoectful and a very hard worker on and off the field.
Brownlee is also a great student who works hard and puts forth much effort on the field and off.
The talent that the coaches are able to develop at West Point is amazing. Love these young men. it will be interesting to watch what other outstanding young men come out of West Point High School.
Big shout out to the coaches Thank You, for being the example these young men need.Thank you also for holding these guys to a higher standard on the field and in the classroom.

Leeshouldveflanked
10-21-2017, 06:36 AM
I don't know, but West Point is a pretty long trip for Gonzo and Hevesy....maybe they can work in a golf outing to justify their time....

shoeless joe
10-21-2017, 06:58 AM
Brownlee is slow for a D1 receiver. He high points the ball very well and has really good body control. He's only emerged as a reliable guy this season.

tcdog70
10-21-2017, 10:24 AM
Brownlee is slow for a D1 receiver. He high points the ball very well and has really good body control. He's only emerged as a reliable guy this season.

That is what they said about Jerry Rice. Only ran 4.6 too slow for D1 then too slow for NFL. BUt for some reason no one ever caught Him. Another slow ass receiver was Bear Wilson--all He did was catch the ball.

shoeless joe
10-21-2017, 12:08 PM
That is what they said about Jerry Rice. Only ran 4.6 too slow for D1 then too slow for NFL. BUt for some reason no one ever caught Him. Another slow ass receiver was Bear Wilson--all He did was catch the ball.

Big difference between 4.6 and 4.9.

Bear Wilson would prolly be a decent comparison except for the fact that bear is bigger and MUCH stronger. Not trashing the kid...he's gonna get his opportunity at JUCO and see how he develops.

chainedup_Dawg
10-21-2017, 12:08 PM

That's who I think of when I watch Brownlee. Brownlee doesn't have the same size as bear from weight standpoint but he does have the frame for it. He will also block a kid through the sidelines like Bear. I will say this about Brownlee, he had several catches matched up on another one of our DB commits this season

Ifyouonlyknew
10-21-2017, 01:25 PM
That's who I think of when I watch Brownlee. Brownlee doesn't have the same size as bear from weight standpoint but he does have the frame for it. He will also block a kid through the sidelines like Bear. I will say this about Brownlee, he had several catches matched up on another one of our DB commits this season

He had 2 not several although 1 did go for a TD. He had 3 catches total that game.

rolodawg
10-21-2017, 01:58 PM
Why are we worried about WR recruiting? They on every corner.*

tcdog70
10-21-2017, 02:10 PM
Big difference between 4.6 and 4.9.

Bear Wilson would prolly be a decent comparison except for the fact that bear is bigger and MUCH stronger. Not trashing the kid...he's gonna get his opportunity at JUCO and see how he develops.

I was actually comparing West Point kid to Rice. And mentioning that you could be slow and still be very good. BEAR did not have to be open to make a catch. 50-50 balls were more like 70-30 balls. He just blocked out and rebounded the football

tcdog70
10-21-2017, 02:13 PM
Why are we worried about WR recruiting? They on every corner.*

Said the Slytanic--who by the way never recruited 1 sec receiver . The only NFL receiver we have had in years, Ole Sly had him on the bench.