PDA

View Full Version : I Couldn't Care Less if OM Beats LSU

ShotgunDawg
10-20-2017, 09:36 AM
Boy, not sure if I've ever seen a team get more mileage out of beating Vanderbilt.

Was thinking this morning about why I cheer against Ole Miss & here is what I got.

I typically cheer against Ole Miss because I fear that by them winning, they will become more attractive to recruits & thus propel their program forward.

However, regardless of tomorrow's outcome against LSU, that simply isn't going to happen.

For Ole Miss, tomorrow's game vs LSU is just 60 minutes of football that are virtually meaningless to the future of their program. Even with a win, they are no more attractive to recruits than they are right now. There is nothing about tomorrow's game that can help advance their program. In fact, a win may help Luke get the job & set them back.

So much about winning has to do with building momentum & the hope that by winning a big game, your program will turn the corner & take things to the next level.

That simply can't happen tomorrow &, if by winning tomorrow, Ole Miss is closer hiring Luke full time & a Rebel wife doesn't get beat, then I can think of worse things in the world.

Plainly.... the game is meaningless.

msstate7
10-20-2017, 09:38 AM
Pre-melt bc you think OM will win?

I hope LSU takes a knee at the OM goal line with 5 mins to go again.

38-20 lsu

Bully13
10-20-2017, 09:39 AM
I want ole miss to lose because I like it when their team and fans are unhappy. I don't like it when they are happy.

Offshore Dawg
10-20-2017, 09:46 AM
I want ole miss to lose because I like it when their team and fans are unhappy. I don't like it when they are happy.

This; All day, every day. Their fans with their self imposed air of importance deserve a national Butt <17>ing at regular intervals just too remind them they are POS in the eyes of the normal world.

ShotgunDawg
10-20-2017, 09:46 AM
Pre-melt bc you think OM will win?

I hope LSU takes a knee at the OM goal line with 5 mins to go again.

38-20 lsu

I actually don't think OM will win because I don't think they'll be able stop LSU's running game & I think LSU's DBs are athletic enough create some problems with OM's passing game.

I'm just saying that other than for entertainment purposes only, the game is meaningless & an OM win is virtually meaningless

msstate7
10-20-2017, 09:48 AM
I actually don't think OM will win because I don't think they'll be able stop LSU's running game & I think LSU's DBs are athletic enough create some problems with OM's passing game.

I'm just saying that other than for entertainment purposes only, the game is meaningless & an OM win is virtually meaningless

I agree.

Only way LSU loses is in they fall behind early and abandon running game

Maroonthirteen
10-20-2017, 09:49 AM
What will be interesting to see is how the ms media characterizes the game post game. If OM whips LSU. I don't know.... by 30. Is OM awesome or LSU bad?

I'm have a bad feeling. OM won't stop LSUs run game. However OM will out score LSU. We shall see though.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-20-2017, 09:50 AM
LSU 35 OM 31

GreenheadDawg
10-20-2017, 09:53 AM
yea we're not obsessed at all....

Is it just me or has this guy taken Goat's spot as most annoying poster?

thf24
10-20-2017, 09:54 AM
I think we should be pulling against them because another win would give them a ton of momentum going into a long stretch of very winnable games. We don't want them coming into the Egg Bowl with good morale because as horrible as they might be, they have enough of a passing game to beat us if we're not playing our best game.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-20-2017, 09:56 AM
Is it just me or has this guy taken Goat's spot as most annoying poster?

It's just you and I thought better and changed it to a prediction of the game.

Liverpooldawg
10-20-2017, 09:59 AM
That’s one of those games that I wouldn’t really be surprised by any possible result. I can see reasons LSU might blow them out and I can see reasons they might blow LSU out.

Jack Lambert
10-20-2017, 10:08 AM
I want Ole Miss to lose every single game.

TrapGame
10-20-2017, 10:17 AM
I want LSU to break a corn dog off in that ass.

Spiderman
10-20-2017, 10:28 AM

yep

shoeless joe
10-20-2017, 10:41 AM
LSU definitely had the more realistic momentum heading into the game. If anything it could be characterized as a let down game for them. But surely O will have them fired up and motivated considering his past venture in Oxford.

I say LSU all day long.

vv83
10-20-2017, 10:45 AM
Yeah screw that, I want LSU to bend them over and go in dry. LSU is our only quality win so far this year, we should be pulling for them to beat every team they play

MrKotter
10-20-2017, 10:49 AM
Boy, not sure if I've ever seen a team get more mileage out of beating Vanderbilt.

Was thinking this morning about why I cheer against Ole Miss & here is what I got.

I typically cheer against Ole Miss because I fear that by them winning, they will become more attractive to recruits & thus propel their program forward.

However, regardless of tomorrow's outcome against LSU, that simply isn't going to happen.

For Ole Miss, tomorrow's game vs LSU is just 60 minutes of football that are virtually meaningless to the future of their program. Even with a win, they are no more attractive to recruits than they are right now. There is nothing about tomorrow's game that can help advance their program. In fact, a win may help Luke get the job & set them back.

So much about winning has to do with building momentum & the hope that by winning a big game, your program will turn the corner & take things to the next level.

That simply can't happen tomorrow &, if by winning tomorrow, Ole Miss is closer hiring Luke full time & a Rebel wife doesn't get beat, then I can think of worse things in the world.

Long post for someone who doesn?t care

Doggie_Style
10-20-2017, 10:52 AM
Yeah screw that, I want LSU to bend them over and go in dry. LSU is our only quality win so far this year, we should be pulling for them to beat every team they play

^^^^^exactly, besides after OM's attempt to drag State into their shit-show I can never hope they win anything!

Todd4State
10-20-2017, 11:48 AM
Ole Miss usually beats LSU when Ole Miss is up for the game and LSU isn't. That won't be an issue as long as Coach O is at LSU.

Johnson85
10-20-2017, 12:12 PM

Plus, if LSU does really well for the rest of the year, we will fully complete the trifecta following up the Dan hasn't beaten a ranked team:

(1) Dan hasn't beaten a ranked team that remained in the top 25 at the end of the season.
(2) Dan hasn't beaten a ranked team that remained in the top 20 at the end of the season.
(3) Dan hasn't beaten a team that remained in the top 20 at the end of the season that was good when we played them.

msbulldog
10-20-2017, 12:36 PM
I think we should be pulling against them because another win would give them a ton of momentum going into a long stretch of very winnable games. We don't want them coming into the Egg Bowl with good morale because as horrible as they might be, they have enough of a passing game to beat us if we're not playing our best game.

^^^^THIS^^^^^^

LC Dawg
10-20-2017, 01:02 PM

I disagree that if Ole Miss wins it can't advance their program. If a recruit is at the game and Ole Miss wins and its a good atmosphere it will make an impression on the recruit. We all assume the COI is going to add to the bowl ban and scholarship reductions but if they don't add to the bowl ban and Ole Miss has a decent year then they will have definitely advanced their program by winning games like the LSU game.
That being said, the more I think about it the Vandy game was just fools gold for Ole Miss. LSU is going to run it down their throat and the defense is going to hammer on Shea Shea. LSU is going to get some pressure and he is going to take off at the first sign of trouble and he is going to be punished.

jumbo
10-20-2017, 01:04 PM
I care. First because I want OM to lose everything they do. Second because I want LSU to keep winning so people will respect that we beat them.

basedog
10-20-2017, 01:04 PM

"Plainly.... the game is meaningless." In my best Donald Trump voice, Wrong! It's important for many reasons.

Spiderman
10-20-2017, 01:07 PM
Ole Miss usually beats LSU when Ole Miss is up for the game and LSU isn't. That won't be an issue as long as Coach O is at LSU.

They usually beat LSU when LSU tries to get cute and just doesn't run it down their throats. Just like the only way they beat Bama in 14

RocketDawg
10-20-2017, 07:31 PM
I think LSU will win, and I want them to, but I also think the Bears have pretty formidable offense that can score a lot. Hopefully LSU can score more than they do. It might look like a Big 12 no defense game.

msstate7
10-20-2017, 07:32 PM
They usually beat LSU when LSU tries to get cute and just doesn't run it down their throats. Just like the only way they beat Bama in 14

Yep. If LSU commits to run, they will win. I think they do and they do

yjnkdawg
10-20-2017, 07:42 PM
I just wonder if it would hurt OM more, from a psychological point of view, if they have a record where they would be bowl eligible, as for as wins go, but still can't go to a bowl or to have a losing record, and not even be bowl eligible if the bowl ban wasn't in place? My thinking is they may be upset more if they have the record and can't go. To me it just reinforces that they have a bowl ban in their minds. Just something to ponder.

yjnkdawg
10-20-2017, 07:44 PM
I care. First because I want OM to lose everything they do. Second because I want LSU to keep winning so people will respect that we beat them.

Agree on both of your comments.

MeridianDog
10-20-2017, 08:09 PM
The best OM is a defeated OM.

Go Tigers!

Whoop them Bearsharts.

TUSK
10-20-2017, 08:35 PM

I root for AU & UT vs OM... because a goodly portion of their fanbase acts like a lot of Bammer fans... with zero justification.

Dawgowar
10-21-2017, 12:13 AM
Why cheer against them?

They put the “Do” in douchebags.

If the situation was reversed they would be standing at the city limits ofStarkville, shovels in hand, to bury us once the NCAA announces sanctions. Also, I suspect the REASON the douche was invented was so early Americans could reference a person from UNM as being a douchebag.

Lastly, they are douchebags.

Mimi's Babies
10-21-2017, 06:13 AM
I just wonder if it would hurt OM more, from a psychological point of view, if they have a record where they would be bowl eligible, as for as wins go, but still can't go to a bowl or to have a losing record, and not even be bowl eligible if the bowl ban wasn't in place? My thinking is they may be upset more if they have the record and can't go. To me it just reinforces that they have a bowl ban in their minds. Just something to ponder.

There are many mental cases involved at that school. Every game they play is a bowl game according to them.

Bully13
10-21-2017, 06:20 AM

I think you are over thinking it. never wish joy on tsun because a win tomorrow would do just that. a winning season would give them a ray of hope and we just shouldn't be pulling for that in any way shape form or fashion. having said that, an ass whooping today will get that spiral heading back in the right direction which is downward.

gravedigger
10-21-2017, 06:23 AM
It's just you and I thought better and changed it to a prediction of the game.

No, it?s not

dogshiek
10-21-2017, 07:22 AM
After careful calculation and soul searching, I could only come up with one conclusion. GTHOM!!!!!!

Bully13
10-21-2017, 07:26 AM
I don't really care for the thread's title, but at any rate, GTHOM

yjnkdawg
10-21-2017, 07:44 AM
I think you are over thinking it. never wish joy on tsun because a win tomorrow would do just that. a winning season would give them a ray of hope and we just shouldn't be pulling for that in any way shape form or fashion. having said that, an ass whooping today will get that spiral heading back in the right direction which is downward.

Yep, I probably am. Anyway my favorite team that I want to win is the team that is playing OM.

Bully13
10-21-2017, 07:46 AM
another good reason to pull for LSU today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZLe7Ce9P04

Dawgface
10-21-2017, 07:49 AM
I have one OM friend who acts like he didn't watch much of a State game just to show his lack of interest. But after sitting with him for awhile, you can tell he sure knows a lot about what happened during the game. Both sides hate each other and wants the other to lose. That's just the way it is.....

ShotgunDawg
10-21-2017, 07:50 AM
I take back the entire premise of this post.

I hope they get their asses kicked

Legitimately the game doesn't mean much, but after seeing some of them shoot their mouth off on twitter this morning, I rediscovered why they suck ass.

GreenheadDawg
10-21-2017, 07:52 AM
No, it?s not

Yeh I didn't think so.

msstate7
10-21-2017, 07:57 AM
I take back the entire premise of this post.

I hope they get their asses kicked

Legitimately the game doesn't mean much, but after seeing some of them shoot their mouth off on twitter this morning, I rediscovered why they suck ass.
Gotta a family member that attends OM. He says they are super confident for this game around campus. I don?t see it

ShotgunDawg
10-21-2017, 09:00 AM
Gotta a family member that attends OM. He says they are super confident for this game around campus. I don?t see it

False confidence due to beating an awful Vandy team

yjnkdawg
10-21-2017, 09:27 AM

One key I think is how the game will be called in the secondary. If the Refs pretty much let them play then I think LSU may can handle those paid receivers.Ticky Tacky pi's and OM's receivers definitely have the advantage. Put pressure on Shea and he has problems. Also make him roll out to the left to pass. I think Guice and Company may make OM's defense wiish they were playing TN-Martin again.

I seen it dawg
10-21-2017, 12:53 PM

Pretty simple here. **** those shitbirds