PDA

View Full Version : Huge football weekend for me...

Liverpooldawg
10-19-2017, 09:12 PM
For MSU a win almost assures a Bowl bid. I know we aspire to better but that is the floor we have to meet. Win this one and we are all but there. My high school has a big game that will most likely determine whether we have a home game first round or not. The division title is gone but second place and a home game vs a long road trip to start the playoffs means a heck of a lot. My second NCAA team, USC has a huge one as well. Beat Notre Dame and we are probably back in the Top 10 with at least an outside shot at the playoff. Oh, and Liverpool face Spurs. I?m not terribly optimistic there, but 7 against a minnow in the Champion?s League mid week gives me a little hope. The Reds problem has been finishing the last 6 weeks. They certainly finished in style in Slovenia.

TUSK
10-19-2017, 09:13 PM
For MSU a win almost assures a Bowl bid. I know we aspire to better but that is the floor we have to meet. Win this one and we are all but there. My high school has a big game that will most likely determine whether we have a home game first round or not. The division title is gone but second place and a home game vs a long road trip to start the playoffs means a heck of a lot. My second NCAA team, USC has a huge one as well. Beat Notre Dame and we are probably back in the Top 10 with at least an outside shot at the playoff. Oh, and Liverpool face Spurs. I?m not terribly optimistic there, but 7 against a minnow in the Champion?s League mid week gives me a little hope. The Reds problem has been finishing the last 6 weeks. They certainly finished in style in Slovenia.

No TSIO??? Not legit!*

TUSK
10-19-2017, 09:15 PM
I gotta root ‘gainst your Boys from Troy L’pool... I want ND to win out.... (& UGA)

Liverpooldawg
10-19-2017, 09:19 PM
No TSIO??? Not legit!*

TSIO? Inform me.

Liverpooldawg
10-19-2017, 09:21 PM
I gotta root ‘gainst your Boys from Troy L’pool... I want ND to win out.... (& UGA)

A BAMA guy rooting for Notre Dame? Don’t I remember a boycott of the AP in Alabama over Notre Dame back in the 70s? I might be confused but I don’t think so.

TUSK
10-19-2017, 09:33 PM
ND won the NC in 66. Bammer had a legit claim. Look it up, it’s an interesting story.

Lpool, TSIO = 3rd Saturday in October = Bammer vs UT

Liverpooldawg
10-19-2017, 09:43 PM
ND won the NC in 66. Bammer had a legit claim. Look it up, it’s an interesting story.

Not on my radar personally. I’d watch if I wasn’t going to be in Starkville. If it doesn’t become more competitive that won’t be the case much longer. I remember when that game MATTERED, for a long time. It really doesn’t now.

TUSK
10-19-2017, 10:03 PM
TENnessee is about to be called ELEVENessee.

coachnorm
10-19-2017, 10:38 PM

I feel you Liverpooldawg and agree. I am going to One up You and fly out to listen to the great sound of cowbells in person. Also I am going to squeeze in a high school game and cheer for coach34 before arriving in Starkville. "You will never walk alone"

CarolinaDawgs
10-20-2017, 07:51 AM

#COYS

Bully13
10-20-2017, 09:13 AM
This KY game really needs to go well for us. the closer and closer we get to Saturday has me getting more and more anxious about it. it really is going to be an important barometer as to how good we are and what we can get done for the remainder of the season and how well Mullen and crew prepare our players. this is really starting to feel like an important game (I know they all are), just saying.

Tbonewannabe
10-20-2017, 09:49 AM
This KY game really needs to go well for us. the closer and closer we get to Saturday has me getting more and more anxious about it. it really is going to be an important barometer as to how good we are and what we can get done for the remainder of the season and how well Mullen and crew prepare our players. this is really starting to feel like an important game (I know they all are), just saying.

This one, UMass, Ark, and UM should be wins but A&M will be tough. Bama is as much of a loss as any game in our history. If we lose by less than 3 TDs then I will consider it a moral victory. 8-4 is a good record which was what I thought was our ceiling probably. 9-3 was a hopeful dream but it still might be achievable.

Offshore Dawg
10-20-2017, 09:59 AM

This is still the sad part that it is news that MSU is Bowl eligible. Nobody says that about the elite programs, and that is where I hope our Dawgs can get to.

Jack Lambert
10-20-2017, 10:09 AM
Back in the 90's I was always uneasy until we got to 6 wins. Anything after that is gravy. However knowing that no one in the SEC West was unbeatable made it a lot easier to cope with.

Maroonthirteen
10-20-2017, 10:20 AM
This one, UMass, Ark, and UM should be wins but A&M will be tough. Bama is as much of a loss as any game in our history. If we lose by less than 3 TDs then I will consider it a moral victory. 8-4 is a good record which was what I thought was our ceiling probably. 9-3 was a hopeful dream but it still might be achievable.

The reality is that this game is a huge game for us for reason obvious to all of us fans here. However the perception will be we beat Kentucky...so what. This weekend will be huge to get to the next step, beating aTm. IF. IF! We beat aTm we will get a lot of national recognition heading into the Bama game.

Lose this weekend, we will be clawing to get to 6-6. I'm afraid.....

BrunswickDawg
10-20-2017, 10:27 AM
Back in the 90's I was always uneasy until we got to 6 wins. Anything after that is gravy. However knowing that no one in the SEC West was unbeatable made it a lot easier to cope with.

The SEC West was a dog fight until 2002 - with the West Champ regularly having 2-3 SEC loses. 2002 was the last time that was regular. Since then, other than 2007, the SEC West champ has either had 0-1 SEC losses. I miss that era, it always felt like you had a punchers chance to win the west.

Liverpooldawg
10-20-2017, 10:37 AM
I feel you Liverpooldawg and agree. I am going to One up You and fly out to listen to the great sound of cowbells in person. Also I am going to squeeze in a high school game and cheer for coach34 before arriving in Starkville. "You will never walk alone"

I’ll be at the MSU game as well.

Bully13
10-20-2017, 11:51 AM
This is still the sad part that it is news that MSU is Bowl eligible. Nobody says that about the elite programs, and that is where I hope our Dawgs can get to.

No reason to actually be SAD though is it?

RocketDawg
10-20-2017, 07:39 PM
No reason to actually be SAD though is it?

I think he meant ilt's sad that the fact that us making a bowl is newsworthy, not sad that we make a bowl.

Jack Lambert
10-20-2017, 08:51 PM

Couldn't it also mean third Sunday in October?

Liverpooldawg
10-20-2017, 10:51 PM
Game one went well.....REALLY well! MSU up next.

Bully13
10-21-2017, 06:40 AM
I think he meant ilt's sad that the fact that us making a bowl is newsworthy, not sad that we make a bowl.

thanks for clarification. however it shouldn't be newsworthy IMO due to how many years in a row we've been.

Liverpooldawg
10-21-2017, 10:06 PM
Game Two went well......very well! USC stunk it up though. I'm not surprised actually. Darnold ain't got it this year. I'll confess I didn't watch it because I was haveing too much fun watching LSU blast.........whatever the team up the road goes by these days. Is it Road Kill? I have a hard time keeping up with their name changes. Hopefully the Reds get a result tomorrow, I'm not hopeful at all there.