PDA

View Full Version : Does the IHL not have to disclose the lawsuit filed against them by Nutt?

Bodaski
10-19-2017, 05:10 PM
Since it was settled and the settlement favors the plantiff, don't the taxpayers deserve the right to know what happened to their tax dollars or will this be another ." its not the taxpayer's business" deal. I'm sick of how a few run this state and get away by doing things to appease a few, its wrong!

Pollodawg
10-19-2017, 05:14 PM
Depends on who paid for it. If the Foundation paid for it, then no. If the University paid, then yes.

Westdawg
10-19-2017, 05:54 PM
It doesn?t matter who paid for it....the lawsuit was against a state entity, therefore all records relating to said lawsuit and its settlements are open to FOIA

Mimi's Babies
10-19-2017, 06:44 PM
The foundation is part of OM... They made it that way when they paid for those burner phones.... IF they are the ones who paid the settlement then they make themselves part of OM AGAIN... IHL minutes of their meetings should be posted by November 1, 2017, as they have to approve the settlement.

PassInterference
10-19-2017, 06:46 PM
The public deserves to see the lawsuit settlement of a public institution.

More than likely they were creative enough for the foundation to sign the settlement while the lawsuit vs public institutions was merely dropped.

BrunswickDawg
10-19-2017, 06:50 PM
It doesn?t matter who paid for it....the lawsuit was against a state entity, therefore all records relating to said lawsuit and its settlements are open to FOIA
I?m pretty sure that as a part of their affiliation agreement with OM and the IHL, all their records are public except certain donor records.

Liverpooldawg
10-19-2017, 07:23 PM
I expect we will find out what the details were sooner or later. Patience folks.

bobtail bob
10-19-2017, 09:45 PM
ncaa lawyer fees, paying off the Nutt lawsuit, this "FOUNDATION " must be totally minted. they gotta be just hemorrhaging money. I'm not buying it. between paying for whores, rent , loaner cars paying players, and god knows what else , there had to be loads of cash flowing through there. The state won't do it but every public dollar they got needsto be accounted for.Bjork and the rest of them dudes up there are snakes. Maybe the FBI could get involved. Who knows how many poor students didn't get their fairshake because of them fake ACT scores