PDA

View Full Version : Why is CBS Televising Tennessee/ Alabama This Weekend?

ShotgunDawg
10-19-2017, 05:00 PM
I get that they just want the overall rating m, but sheesh, what a brutal game to call the best option of the week.

Thank goodness the SEC added the 3:00 SEC Network game.

Bama has become so overly dominate that they've basically ruined the 2:30 time slot while making the SEC an absolutely non-competitive conference.

CBS literally chose to air a game this weekend that won't be within 3 scores after the first quarter.

TUSK
10-19-2017, 05:04 PM
I get that they just want the overall rating m, but sheesh, what a brutal game to call the best option of the week.

Bama has become so overly dominate that they've basically ruined the 2:30 time slot while making the SEC an absolutely non-competitive conference.

CBS literally chose to air a game this weekend that won't be within 3 scores after the first quarter.

Money.

ShotgunDawg
10-19-2017, 05:05 PM
My other problem with CBS is that because they have locked themselves into carrying certain games every year. They've created a virtual monopoly for certain schools to remain national brands.

Bama/ LSU
UGA / Florida
Bama/ Auburn
Bama/ TN
UGA/ Auburn
Bama @ crappy SEC East school.

ShotgunDawg
10-19-2017, 05:05 PM
Money.

Yeah. I acknowledged that. It's ruining the product though. Terrible games.

maroonmania
10-19-2017, 05:42 PM
Yeah. I acknowledged that. It's ruining the product though. Terrible games.

the only people watching 80% of Bama games televised are Bama fans and maybe the opposing fanbase for a quarter because they are stinker games. Now granted that's the largest football fanbase in the SEC but who wants to watch a game that's a near guarantee to be a blowout. Seriously, if Bama isn't playing another Top 10 team there isn't much entertainment value in watching it. Heck, I don't even want to watch MSU play Bama and haven't watched a Bama game on TV all year. Will always watch any other game opposite game that might be competitive. No doubt the current Bama dominance is ruining the SEC product for most all SEC fans except Bama fans.

Liverpooldawg
10-19-2017, 06:01 PM
My other problem with CBS is that because they have locked themselves into carrying certain games every year. They've created a virtual monopoly for certain schools to remain national brands.

Bama/ LSU
UGA / Florida
Bama/ Auburn
Bama/ TN
UGA/ Auburn
Are you old enough to remember when there were only one or two games on at all nationwide every week? We were lucky if maybe 4-5 SEC games made it on at all.....all year. It was basically the same games every stinking year. The Third Saturday in October was one of them. Nebraska-Oklahoma, Texas-Oklahoma, USC-Norte Dame, Michigan-Ohio State, Alabama-UT were on EVERY year. You could count on most other games featuring at least one of those teams or maybe Penn State. It was a BIG deal back then if you weren't one of the chosen few if you made it on TV.

ShotgunDawg
10-19-2017, 06:09 PM
CBS really needs Bama to regress so that they can have more competitive games.

This garbage is extremely old

Token Bammer
10-19-2017, 06:34 PM
CBS really needs Bama to regress so that they can have more competitive games.

This garbage is extremely old

Maybe that's true for you, but the thing that matters to CBS is money, and BAMA brings the ratings/money. The network of CBS doesn't mind BAMA winning at all.

And you can't blame BAMA for all the other schools in the conference being mediocre this season. Well, except for Georgia, but Georgia isn't ready for Alabama yet and everyone will know it come December.

TUSK
10-19-2017, 06:49 PM
Maybe that's true for you, but the thing that matters to CBS is money, and BAMA brings the ratings/money. The network of CBS doesn't mind BAMA winning at all.

And you can't blame BAMA for all the other schools in the conference being mediocre this season. Well, except for Georgia, but Georgia isn't ready for Alabama yet and everyone will know it come December.

I think those displeased with CBS/espn re: Bammer should just send back the check.

ShotgunDawg
10-19-2017, 06:50 PM

Bama + competitive games = more money for CBS. Right?

TUSK
10-19-2017, 06:52 PM
Bama + competitive games = more money for CBS. Right?

What’s your solution? Bama could spot other teams a couple of scores. Maybe start the 2nd team?

ShotgunDawg
10-19-2017, 06:53 PM
I think those displeased with CBS/espn re: Bammer should just send back the check.

Why?

Ole Miss vs LSU wouldn't also bring good ratings?

Why do you two feel the need to comment in this thread?

Your team already beats all of ours to hell and back. Why do you also feel the need to take over our message boards.

How could Bama fans possibly be that insecure?

TUSK
10-19-2017, 06:54 PM
Why?

Why do you two feel the need to comment in this thread?

Your team already beats all of ours to hell and back. Why do you also feel the need to take over our message boards.

How could Bama fans possibly be that insecure?

Ironic.

ShotgunDawg
10-19-2017, 06:55 PM
What’s your solution? Bama could spot other teams a couple of scores. Maybe start the 2nd team?

I don't have one other than promoting other programs. The truth though is that the current competition level for the SEC Title in this conference sucks and can't be good for business

ShotgunDawg
10-19-2017, 06:58 PM
Ironic.

I once accepted you... but your apparent need to defend the greatest football program in history seems a little overboard

drunkernhelldawg
10-19-2017, 07:00 PM
I actually think Bama loses one SEC game this season. Auburn has the best chance, but I'm not counting us out until we're down three scores.

Liverpooldawg
10-19-2017, 07:09 PM
Alabama-Tennessee is one of those grand old traditional games man. If I wasn't going to ours I would probably watch it. Now if UT doesn't get its act together soon most people younger than me won't remember it as a classic game. The Confederates and LSU was one of those too.....but you have to be a lot older than me to remember when it was due to Ole Miss not really being relevant since integration.

Liverpooldawg
10-19-2017, 07:10 PM
I actually think Bama loses one SEC game this season. Auburn has the best chance, but I'm not counting us out until we're down three scores.

UGA is the only one with any real shot.

Token Bammer
10-19-2017, 07:10 PM
I once accepted you... but your apparent need to defend the greatest football program in history seems a little overboard

I wasn't defending Alabama. You made a ridiculous comment about CBS/BAMA and I was simply pointing out the obvious.

A lot of your posts about BAMA are whining. Rather than take a stance that MSU or the rest of the SEC need to get better, you'd rather take Alabama down some other way to level the playing field. This isn't NASCAR, and there are no restrictor plates.

maroonmania
10-19-2017, 07:13 PM

The real solution is a LITTLE more competitive recruiting but that is not likely to happen. For example, over the last 4 years Bama has signed 80 four or five star rated recruits while State has signed 17. Even Auburn and Georgia were only around 55. If I went out on the playground and got to pick my entire team before you even hardly picked your first player SHOULDN'T I beat you like a drum?

ShotgunDawg
10-19-2017, 07:29 PM
I wasn't defending Alabama. You made a ridiculous comment about CBS/BAMA and I was simply pointing out the obvious.

A lot of your posts about BAMA are whining. Rather than take a stance that MSU or the rest of the SEC need to get better, you'd rather take Alabama down some other way to level the playing field. This isn't NASCAR, and there are no restrictor plates.

How exactly is the rest of the conference supposed to get better?

Is there some untapped region of the country that a bunch of 4 and 5 star recruits are hiding out?
Who else are we supposed to recruit?

Yes, it is whining because Bama has ruined a ton of the passion in this great conference. Sure, I want see MSU win an SEC title in my life time, but that currently has absolutely no 17ing chance of happening.

What kind of league is that good for?

There is no race, no drama, stadiums that are only 3/4s full, etc.

And now, to top it all off, in the prime TV slot each week, we watch massacres that are the equivalent of Billy Madison playing dodge ball vs 1st graders.

I apologize for desiring more entertainment in the sport I love. I'd never expect you understand that though

ShotgunDawg
10-19-2017, 07:31 PM
Would Bama fans accept a banner declaring their program the best of all time, and then let everyone else have their conference back?

The current situation is a terrible business model long term.

TUSK
10-19-2017, 07:32 PM

Is there some untapped region of the country that a bunch of 4 and 5 star recruits are hiding out?

Yes, it is whining because Bama has ruined a ton of the passion in this great conference. Sure, I want see MSU win an SEC title in my life time, but that currently has absolutely no 17ing chance of happening.

What kind of league that good for?

And now, to top it all off, in the prime TV slot each week, we watch massacres that are the equivalent of Billy Madison playing dodge ball vs 1st graders.

Gun, it’ll be over soon. Dynasties happen, then they die.

FWIW, I don’t disagree with how “boring “ it’s become, but I’d be lying it I said I wasn’t enjoying the success.

TUSK
10-19-2017, 07:35 PM

I didn?t mean to come off as ?defensive ?, buddy. Sorry.

ShotgunDawg
10-19-2017, 07:38 PM
Gun, it?ll be over soon. Dynasties happen, then they die.

FWIW, I don?t disagree with how ?boring ? it?s become, but I?d be lying it I said I wasn?t enjoying the success.

Idk Tusk, this the longest, most boring one I've seen.

It'll obviously end someday, but I'm currently not seeing cracks.

Bama may have the first dynasty with marginal QB play, which is concerning because it means the talent levels are nowhere close.

parabrave
10-19-2017, 07:38 PM
Are you old enough to remember when there were only one or two games on at all nationwide every week? We were lucky if maybe 4-5 SEC games made it on at all.....all year. It was basically the same games every stinking year. The Third Saturday in October was one of them. Nebraska-Oklahoma, Texas-Oklahoma, USC-Norte Dame, Michigan-Ohio State, Alabama-UT were on EVERY year. You could count on most other games featuring at least one of those teams or maybe Penn State. It was a BIG deal back then if you weren't one of the chosen few if you made it on TV.

Back in the 70's Okie Neb and the ND USC games were the best games of the year.

Token Bammer
10-19-2017, 07:50 PM

What kind of league is that good for?

I apologize for desiring more entertainment in the sport I love. I'd never expect you understand that though

LSU, UF, and AU have all won championships since Saban arrived in Tuscaloosa back in 2007. AU played for another and almost won in 2013, and UGA would have mudholed Notre Dame just like BAMA did in 2012 had they squeezed by BAMA in the greatest SECCG of all-time. That's not too shabby. Now, the SEC has really fallen off the last two seasons, and that does have something to do with BAMA, but the main issue is coaching. Coaches have left the SEC, and that has hurt its overall strength. However, asTUSK mentioned, the run will be over soon and things will stabilize some, but BAMA will likely hire Dabo and Dabo will be a beast at UA. He won't be Saban. No. But he will be good. Programs in the SEC need to pay coaches to come, and then coaches have to be willing to stand in the pocket and exchange blows with Saban like Kirby Smart is willing to do at UGA. Kirby may get knocked out in the end, but he's willing to duke it out.

For the record, I think Mullen is a solid coach and I would be proud of the job he has done if I were a MSU guy. If he stays at MSU (I think he will) for 10 more years, it's going to be interesting what he can do at State down the road. Plus, he's surely going to get a recruiting boost from OM being put in handcuffs come December.

Gun, it?ll be over soon. Dynasties happen, then they die.

FWIW, I don?t disagree with how ?boring ? it?s become, but I?d be lying it I said I wasn?t enjoying the success.

I agree, TUSK.

drunkernhelldawg
10-19-2017, 07:54 PM

FWIW, I don’t disagree with how “boring “ it’s become, but I’d be lying it I said I wasn’t enjoying the success.

Funny thing about the Bama dynasty is that it died for a while and then roared back with a vengence. That's very frustrating to the rest of us.

TUSK
10-19-2017, 07:57 PM
Funny thing about the Bama dynasty is that it died for a while and then roared back with a vengence. That's very frustrating to the rest of us.

If my daddy hadn’t raised me a Bammer since I was knee high to a grasshopper, I’d dislike em, too. Heck, I dislike a lot of those bandwagonneer type fans, now!

maroonmania
10-19-2017, 08:15 PM
I didn?t mean to come off as ?defensive ?, buddy. Sorry.

No point in even trying to defend the situation from an entertainment standpoint Tusk. Its not just Bama winning at this point but the way Bama is winning. 59-0, 66-3, 41-9, boy that's some real entertainment value there. You may enjoy seeing your team beat the crap out of a different team every week but most college football fans are not interested in watching it. Guess A&M should be given some sort of a medal for at least keeping that one game within 2 scores.

TUSK
10-19-2017, 08:19 PM
Beardo, can you insert a “Are you not entertained?” Meme on my behalf?

was21
10-19-2017, 08:25 PM
because they're astute in knowing that many sports fans are blood thirsty....a mauling on the field and a scrutiny over a corch who is about to be fired off and an acheiving midget...sideshow appeal

Jack Lambert
10-19-2017, 08:48 PM
Why?

I think it would have higher ratings. Out side the pawning the mobile home to buy Bama tickets football world, everyone else has Bama fatigue.

BulldogBear
10-19-2017, 08:49 PM

This. Even if Saban coaches himself death, he can't live forever.

And these things go in cycles. I remember when the West struggled to stay on par with the East. It also wasn't all that long ago that Tennessee won seven straight over Bama.

BulldogBear
10-19-2017, 08:51 PM
Cocktail Party is already the CBS 230pm game every year before any other times are set if you pay attention during the summer. I would imagine UT-Bamais more or less preset unless given a really compelling reason for another game 12 days out.

Liverpooldawg
10-19-2017, 08:55 PM
I think it would have higher ratings. Out side the pawning the mobile home to buy Bama tickets football world, everyone else has Bama fatigue.

Not this year. Nobody outside of Louisiana and Mississippi would want to watch it. Bama is #1 and that’s an automatic audience. The “Magnolia Bowl” hasn’t been relevant but once since integration. Bama-UT was pre-Saben. That was not nearly as far back. Billy Cannon and Jake Gibbs played a LONG time ago.

TUSK
10-19-2017, 09:01 PM
Not this year. Nobody outside of Louisiana and Mississippi would want to watch it. Bama is #1 and that’s an automatic audience. The “Magnolia Bowl” hasn’t been relevant but once since integration. Bama-UT was pre-Saben. That was not nearly as far back. Billy Cannon and Jake Gibbs played a LONG time ago.

This is a lot correct.

ShotgunDawg
10-19-2017, 09:02 PM
No point in even trying to defend the situation from an entertainment standpoint Tusk. Its not just Bama winning at this point but the way Bama is winning. 59-0, 66-3, 41-9, boy that's some real entertainment value there. You may enjoy seeing your team beat the crap out of a different team every week but most college football fans are not interested in watching it. Guess A&M should be given some sort of a medal for at least keeping that one game within 2 scores.

This.

It's not the Bama winning that bothers me. What bothers me is the complete lack of competition on the field.

If Bama was pulling out close games, like they did in 92, I'm all in because every fan base walks in the stadium with hope.

Right now though, there is no hope. No one can reasonably believe they have a shot in hell at beating them now and that's not good for the sport.

Goldendawg
10-19-2017, 09:04 PM
I live 5 miles from the the Franklin, Co., AL, line. Lots of true bama fans in our church including my wife's family (she's a dawg now). Last Sunday I asked a true bama fan(good guy) didn't he get bored watching boring bama games that were so non-competitive. I also asked him how he stayed interested until the playoffs. His reply was,"haters gonna hate", and he meant it. His whole expression changed as he honestly got very defensive. So now I guess we have to also love their dominance and love them also. Sorry, but it has ruined the SEC and college football as a whole in my opinion. There is a reason there are empty seats in many SEC stadiums. Not much fun always playing (hopefully) for 2nd place in the West and no hope for an Eastern team as a also ran in the SEC title game.

TUSK
10-19-2017, 09:05 PM
LSU, UF, and AU have all won championships since Saban arrived in Tuscaloosa back in 2007. AU played for another and almost won in 2013, and UGA would have mudholed Notre Dame just like BAMA did in 2012 had they squeezed by BAMA in the greatest SECCG of all-time. That's not too shabby. Now, the SEC has really fallen off the last two seasons, and that does have something to do with BAMA, but the main issue is coaching. Coaches have left the SEC, and that has hurt its overall strength. However, asTUSK mentioned, the run will be over soon and things will stabilize some, but BAMA will likely hire Dabo and Dabo will be a beast at UA. He won't be Saban. No. But he will be good. Programs in the SEC need to pay coaches to come, and then coaches have to be willing to stand in the pocket and exchange blows with Saban like Kirby Smart is willing to do at UGA. Kirby may get knocked out in the end, but he's willing to duke it out.

For the record, I think Mullen is a solid coach and I would be proud of the job he has done if I were a MSU guy. If he stays at MSU (I think he will) for 10 more years, it's going to be interesting what he can do at State down the road. Plus, he's surely going to get a recruiting boost from OM being put in handcuffs come December.

I agree, TUSK.

We should go INDEP. Play BYU, ND, Army, AF, Navy, UT, AU, and 5 directional programs.

Then, the bitchin’ would really commence...

Bothrops
10-19-2017, 09:06 PM
About money. Espn is lame enough though.

Goldendawg
10-19-2017, 09:11 PM
Tusk, I think yall are very close to NFL talent. Maybe y'all should be the next NFL expansion team. You go up, Cleveland Browns join SEC with out of place Missouri ( which was a mistake and a bad fit for the league). Y'all get a little competition and Cleveland might win a game or two.******* Hail State!

Liverpooldawg
10-19-2017, 09:17 PM
Tusk, I think yall are very close to NFL talent. Maybe y'all should be the next NFL expansion team. You go up, Cleveland Browns join SEC with out of place Missouri ( which was a mistake and a bad fit for the league). Y'all get a little competition and Cleveland might win a game or two.******* Hail State!

They are awesome, but most of the players on the Bama team will never make a NFL roster. Every player on the Browns already has. It?s a fun argument, but the facts make it moot.

TUSK
10-19-2017, 09:19 PM

Lol. I know your jokin’, but I don’t think Bammer has the required 53 NFL players.

Now, if you had an NFL team of Only Bammers, I think they’d win a few games (if in a weak division). Not enough O Lineman.

TUSK
10-19-2017, 09:22 PM
They are awesome, but most of the players on the Bama team will never make a NFL roster. Every player on the Browns already has. It?s a fun argument, but the facts make it moot.

I said a very similar thing earlier this year.

Goldendawg
10-19-2017, 09:23 PM
Anyone see the photo on Nafoom a few months back showing the alleged bama players' parking lot? All new looking BMWs and Mercedes with oversize rims. I think the webels were implying the bama guys don't get just tuition and books! I do agree that it took UNM cheating big-time with a lot of luck to win those two in a row. BTW, I thought my adding ****** to my post about bama and the Browns let you know that I was kidding.

bulldawg28
10-19-2017, 09:23 PM
Lol. I know your jokin’, but I don’t think Bammer has the required 53 NFL players.

Now, if you had an NFL team of Only Bammers, I think they’d win a few games (if in a weak division). Not enough O Lineman.

Not enough Qb's, corners, or OL.

Goldendawg
10-19-2017, 09:28 PM
Not enough linemen. Heck, we let you swoop in at the last minute and get Lashley from West Point! Hot many do you need?***

TUSK
10-19-2017, 09:29 PM
Not enough Qb's, corners, or OL.

McCarron would certainly be a weak link. Do you think Kirkpatrick is serviceable as a CB? I know S would be set. How many CBs do you need in the NFL, disregarding injuries?

TUSK
10-19-2017, 09:30 PM
Not enough linemen. Heck, we let you swoop in at the last minute and get Lashley from West Point! Hot many do you need?***

That shit was funny.

He’s been werkin with the 2s recently.

Jack Lambert
10-19-2017, 09:35 PM
Not this year. Nobody outside of Louisiana and Mississippi would want to watch it. Bama is #1 and that?s an automatic audience. The ?Magnolia Bowl? hasn?t been relevant but once since integration. Bama-UT was pre-Saben. That was not nearly as far back. Billy Cannon and Jake Gibbs played a LONG time ago.

You really think Tenn vs Bama is going to get ratings out side those two states? This is not going to be a fun game to watch and who ever is out side the Bama world will turn it very fast. The LSU and Ole Miss game is going to be entertaining. That's what football fans want to watch. Good games not blow outs. I don't want to watch a blow out no matter who is playing. Hell Tenn fans are going to turn it off.

Goldendawg
10-19-2017, 09:45 PM
I may have to watch it. Afraid my wife's bama uncle and my bama friend will beat me up at church (Baptist) if I tell them I didn't watch again! Heck, I can't lie to them on Holy Ground can I? Hail State! Seriously, my son, six other family members, and I will be at Davis Wade during that time watching us go to 5-2 in a convincing manner.

TUSK
10-19-2017, 09:47 PM
You really think Tenn vs Bama is going to get ratings out side those two states? This is not going to be a fun game to watch and who ever is out side the Bama world will turn it very fast. The LSU and Ole Miss game is going to be entertaining. That's what football fans want to watch. Good games not blow outs. I don't want to watch a blow out no matter who is playing. Hell Tenn fans are going to turn it off.

Jack, I’m not knowledgeable enough on “tv ratings”, but I’d guess the only states that watch um/LSU over Bammer/ut will be MS & LA.

But I’ll defer.....

Activated Alpha
10-19-2017, 09:57 PM
I haven't been outside of the southeast during football season nor am I well versed on network television, but would the Alabama-UT game be aired all over the country?

TUSK
10-19-2017, 10:00 PM
I haven't been outside of the southeast during football season nor am I well versed on network television, but would the Alabama-UT game be aired all over the country?

Money.

Schultzy
10-19-2017, 10:22 PM

For about twelve minutes real time.

Liverpooldawg
10-19-2017, 10:23 PM

The only reason it will over LSU-CSA is because Bama is #1. #1 always draws something. There really isn’t any reason to watch CSA-LSU if you aren’t from those two states.

TUSK
10-19-2017, 11:33 PM
The only reason it will over LSU-CSA is because Bama is #1. #1 always draws something. There really isn’t any reason to watch CSA-LSU if you aren’t from those two states.

[You Have Reached Your Maximum Allowable Quota Of Correctness]

TUSK
10-19-2017, 11:34 PM

csa??????? lol

cold blooded....

im a neck, and im crackin up//////

Dawg61
10-19-2017, 11:47 PM
The games are boring but Bama has probably brought each SEC team an extra $50 mill alone in the last decade just because their value demands a top dollar contract from the TV Networks. Bama can play in whatever time slot on whatever channel they wish as far as I'm concerned because of this. Sure our entertainment takes a hit each Saturday but we ain't gonna give CBS/ESPN $50+ mill back so we can have more entertaining games.

TUSK
10-20-2017, 01:24 AM
The games are boring but Bama has probably brought each SEC team an extra $50 mill alone in the last decade just because their value demands a top dollar contract from the TV Networks. Bama can play in whatever time slot on whatever channel they wish as far as I'm concerned because of this. Sure our entertainment takes a hit each Saturday but we ain't gonna give CBS/ESPN $50+ mill back so we can have more entertaining games.

take my Bammer money and but me some waterfalls, dangit

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-20-2017, 05:39 AM
Anyone see the photo on Nafoom a few months back showing the alleged bama players' parking lot? All new looking BMWs and Mercedes with oversize rims. I think the webels were implying the bama guys don't get just tuition and books! I do agree that it took UNM cheating big-time with a lot of luck to win those two in a row. BTW, I thought my adding ****** to my post about bama and the Browns let you know that I was kidding.

They're nuts, but I don't think anyone can argue Bama does not have plenty of advantages and gets benefit of the doubt on any type of controversy.

Cooterpoot
10-20-2017, 06:12 AM
Alabama is the Texas of the SEC. They control everything. Our game with them is our one CBS game every year.

Offshore Dawg
10-20-2017, 06:56 AM

Two things we can count on ( the condescending arrogance of the Bama fan ) and for CBS to be sucking Bama dick.

louisvilledawg
10-20-2017, 08:19 AM

Bama/ LSU
UGA / Florida
Bama/ Auburn
Bama/ TN
UGA/ Auburn

Isn't there a rule that CBS can only have five games involving the same school? Isn't that how we ended up the 2:30 cbs game in 2014 and the iron bowl was late that night on espn?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-20-2017, 08:23 AM

So GD can slobber over Alabama like normal for all to see.

Dawg61
10-20-2017, 08:40 AM
Isn't there a rule that CBS can only have five games involving the same school? Isn't that how we ended up the 2:30 cbs game in 2014 and the iron bowl was late that night on espn?

This is correct

BB30
10-20-2017, 09:07 AM

Bama/ LSU
UGA / Florida
Bama/ Auburn
Bama/ TN
UGA/ Auburn

Easy fix find a way to beat some of those teams like we did in 14. You listed about half of the conference....It is what it is. Generally those games you listed are going to be the best games of the season for CBS to pick as far as ratings go. They aren't in the make everyone happy business. They are in the making money business and all of those schools have huge fan bases nation wide. I would be willing to bet UT/Bama still gets some of the highest ratings this weekend.

No point in bitching about it. Only way it changes is if someone not listed finds a way to start winning.

Token Bammer
10-20-2017, 09:25 AM
Two things we can count on ( the condescending arrogance of the Bama fan ) and for CBS to be sucking Bama dick.

First, Roll Tide.

Second, I see where you're coming from, but I've never known truth telling to either be condescending or arrogant. I'm certainly not trying to be either, but simply state the facts. To quote the Saban, "it is what it is".

Offshore Dawg
10-20-2017, 09:52 AM
Bama has been fortunate to have had Two of the best coaches in the history of college football. Bama will do what is necessary to keep this going no matter the cost. The only time I remember Bama not doing this is the hiring of "SHULA". So token I think you and Tusk could agree with that. I know you don't want to go back to the Shula years.