PDA

View Full Version : Free Redmond immediately !

slickdawg
09-24-2013, 10:52 AM
NCAA gradually restoring Penn State scholarships.

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/public/ncaa/resources/latest+news/2013/september/executive+committee+to+gradually+restore+penn+stat e+scholarships

PassInterference
09-24-2013, 11:17 AM
http://www.refplanet.com/images/mattfail.gif

Maroonthirteen
09-24-2013, 11:24 AM
have we appealed their decision regarding his suspension? Can we? If so, is it possible for him to get back a year? I thought a year suspension was steep but....ok, whatever. But another half a season is ridiculous.

CJDAWG85
09-24-2013, 11:27 AM
Bracky say...

We have not fully served our own punishment.

Quaoarsking
09-24-2013, 11:37 AM
What a load of shit. Those sick ****s should have gotten the death penalty, and now they don't even have to serve their full punishment? As consistently awful as the NCAA is, this takes the cake.

Coach34
09-24-2013, 11:40 AM
have we appealed their decision regarding his suspension? Can we? If so, is it possible for him to get back a year? I thought a year suspension was steep but....ok, whatever. But another half a season is ridiculous.

According to everything I've read- we suspended Redmond- not the NCAA. All they did was laugh and accept what we self-imposed. I will look again for their decision, but all the articles keep saying they just accepted we self-imposed

Coach34
09-24-2013, 11:43 AM
quote from Dispatch:

""Mississippi State did a great job of....taking necessary action once they found the scope and severity of the problem and then owning up to it when they got to the hearing," Banowsky said in the teleconference. "So I think they did a great job and I'm sure that was reflected in the nature of the penalties and the fact the committee virtually accepted all of the self-imposed penalties."

Read more: http://www.cdispatch.com/msusports/article.asp?aid=24771#ixzz2fpTUtuYp

probably just for the University though- I just never see anywhere in any article that the NCAA suspended Redmond

PassInterference
09-24-2013, 11:44 AM
According to everything I've read- we suspended Redmond- not the NCAA. All they did was laugh and accept what we self-imposed. I will look again for their decision, but all the articles keep saying they just accepted we self-imposed

When all that went down, Stricklin tweeted that the 6 games game from the enforcement committee. The year came from the reinstatement people - which means we suspended Redmond the first year and applied for his reinstatement.

A competent compliance dept would have merely just not let him play, holding out to see what we get to call that sitting out period - a redshirt year, a NCAA-mandated suspension, etc.

No matter what we call it, our AD dept damn well better appeal it and get the year back by calling it a redshirt.

smootness
09-24-2013, 12:10 PM
When all that went down, Stricklin tweeted that the 6 games game from the enforcement committee. The year came from the reinstatement people - which means we suspended Redmond the first year and applied for his reinstatement.

A competent compliance dept would have merely just not let him play, holding out to see what we get to call that sitting out period - a redshirt year, a NCAA-mandated suspension, etc.

No matter what we call it, our AD dept damn well better appeal it and get the year back by calling it a redshirt.

Eh, we pretty much handled that part of it the right way. The fact that the enforcement committee added another 6 games means there's no way they weren't going to take that full year anyway.

I'm sure before handing down self-imposed sanctions, schools try to get a feel for what the NCAA thinks; I doubt they just blindly guess as to what is appropriate for them to do.

I just don't like that our fans make so many assumptions as to what our athletic department has done, then criticize them for doing it. We don't know how the whole process went down, so it's difficult to bash our handling of it.

I do look around and see that we seem to get slapped more than most, and I doubt we're doing as much as a lot of programs are, but maybe that means we're just not very good at it - we didn't find the issues related to this case ourselves, they were brought up by others.