PDA

View Full Version : Pink Socks

dogshiek
10-15-2017, 07:33 PM
I just rewatched the game on my computer. It occurred to me that our guys had a lot of problems keeping their footing and keeping their shows on. Fitz even lost his shoe on the first interception that he threw. I don't want to make excuses for poor execution, but also don't want our guys to were those 17ing socks against Kentucky!

BeardoMSU
10-15-2017, 07:52 PM
I was expecting something else based on the title, lol. #UrbanDictionary

dogshiek
10-15-2017, 08:03 PM
LOL Had no idea that was a thang!

AlmostPositive
10-15-2017, 08:20 PM
It's time to ditch pink football equipment. Just send the money spent on them straight to top cancer research labs. Whatever "awareness" is supposed to be raised is diminished more each time they're worn... money straight toward a cure is infinitely better.

BeardoMSU
10-15-2017, 08:53 PM
It's time to ditch pink football equipment. Just send the money spent on them straight to top cancer research labs. Whatever "awareness" is supposed to be raised is diminished more each time they're worn... money straight toward a cure is infinitely better.

I don't think that's true. Take the ALS ice water challenges from a year or two ago...all of that rose a shit ton of awareness and money. I don't disagree about the money being sent straight to the source of need, though....I wonder what the NFL metrics are for money raised vs. the costs for advertisement for the various causes they endorse.

BeardoMSU
10-15-2017, 08:55 PM
LOL Had no idea that was a thang!

I know, lol. It's a strange and unusual world out there...

AlmostPositive
10-15-2017, 09:03 PM
Well, awareness is hard to measure I guess, but what I meant was most fans are so used to seeing it that it barely registers for a lot of us. Diminishing returns for something that was originally supposed to be a little jarring, or at least a conversation starter. Smarter people than me seem to think it's worth doing, so I am not losing any sleep over it either way.

Todd4State
10-15-2017, 09:39 PM
As far as the shoes, couldn't that be fixed with tape?

Dawgology
10-15-2017, 09:42 PM
Don’t google that shit...I can’t unsee it...

BeardoMSU
10-15-2017, 10:59 PM
Don’t google that shit...I can’t unsee it...

https://media.giphy.com/media/3orieQHmkjxSiLGC08/giphy.gif

Mimi's Babies
10-16-2017, 05:33 AM

There is a professor at MSU who works in corboration with UAB for cancer research. Money much better spent than on those Slick socks.

dogshiek
10-16-2017, 07:02 AM
Don?t google that shit...I can?t unsee it...

Too late. I looked. May call in sick................

Bully13
10-16-2017, 07:11 AM
thanks for the warning , I choose to not google it.

but like I said in the game thread, we were having equipment issues. Fitz had a chest protector. shoes coming off and shit. sounds like something fixable come game day.

was21
10-16-2017, 10:34 AM
Speaking of socks, remember Tubberville commenting one year when we Auburn at Davis-Wade that they were wearing the wrong socks...he actually said it..fact