PDA

View Full Version : Davis Wade Sound System sounding much improved Saturday....

Jack Lambert
10-15-2017, 06:33 PM
Is my ears getting better or did they replace something and please don't tell me it was because the stadium was less then full.

I didn't want this to turn into this discussion. I just thought the sound system sounded clearer then it ever has. It sounded clear and yes it was loud.

StatesboroBlues
10-15-2017, 06:36 PM
Didn't notice any difference but was listening to the radio as much or more.

PassInterference
10-15-2017, 06:45 PM
It sounded different because the stadium was half empty.

mechdog
10-15-2017, 08:01 PM
The fix won’t be in place until next season. The university has selected and contracted a design firm, but the construction will be fairly extensive, so it won’t start until the offseason.

Mutt the Hoople
10-15-2017, 08:08 PM
I remember when LT got hartley Peavey to donate a sound system to DWS. The sound was cheap and tinny.

My guess is that, to get LT off his back, He found some cheap out-of-date speakers and got rid of them, then writing them off on his taxes.

I like that we're using a professional sound company to enhance the speaker system.

boonedawg
10-15-2017, 08:21 PM
The sound in the Scoreboard Club end zone is worse. It is entirely too loud. It is very troubleing to see small children with their hands over their ears or wearing headphones.

Belegal
10-15-2017, 09:01 PM
I guess I'm in a different Scoreboard Club then boonedawg- not loud & never seen a child wearing headphones!

fader2103
10-15-2017, 09:10 PM
Sorry my 10 month old Daughter who has ear problems and just had tubes put in seems to offend you because the noise of the sound system and cowbells hurts her ears this early. Get over it!

StatesboroBlues
10-15-2017, 09:22 PM
Sorry my 10 month old Daughter who has ear problems and just had tubes put in seems to offend you because the noise of the sound system and cowbells hurts her ears this early. Get over it!

I guess I missed someone taking a shot at kids.

fader2103
10-15-2017, 09:26 PM
Maybe I read what he said wrong. My bad if I did.

boonedawg
10-15-2017, 09:34 PM
What I meant to say: It is troubling that the sound system is so loud that it hurts children's ears. It hurts mine too.

Behrdawg
10-15-2017, 10:54 PM
It’s coming...

dotcomdawg
10-16-2017, 05:08 AM
it needs to be louder

Liverpooldawg
10-16-2017, 08:23 AM
In the upper deck west side it is so loud you can’t hear yourself think. You have to yell to talk to someone next to you. I’ve seen little kids with ear muff type things and/or holding their hands over their ears.

JDog13
10-16-2017, 08:26 AM

What are you doing taking a 10 month old baby, with ear problems, to a stadium full of loud cowbells? No offense, just doesn't seem like the brightest thing to do.

Lord McBuckethead
10-16-2017, 08:30 AM
The sound in the Scoreboard Club end zone is worse. It is entirely too loud. It is very troubleing to see small children with their hands over their ears or wearing headphones.

I have sat in the lower bowl for years, the sound was always pretty terrible. This year I have sat in the upper deck all but one game, the sound is so loud I close my ears not to mention my 4 year old.

Gutter Cobreh
10-16-2017, 08:32 AM
Due to the cowbells alone, kids should always be wearing ear protection...

Hell (imo), the school should offer them to any kid entering through the gates regardless of how many are in attendance.

sleepy dawg
10-16-2017, 08:44 AM

Hell (imo), the school should offer them to any kid entering through the gates regardless of how many are in attendance.

Everyone should, really.

Liverpooldawg
10-16-2017, 08:48 AM

Oh come on, the PA in the upper deck is 10 Times louder than the bells. When it’s going you can’t hear your own bell, much less the rest of them.

mstatefan91
10-16-2017, 08:51 AM
Kids have the same hearing as you and me. Their ears are not more sensitive unless they do have some kind of hearings issue or disease.

We all should be wearing hearing protection in that stadium, but we don't.

Gutter Cobreh
10-16-2017, 10:26 AM
Kids have the same hearing as you and me. Their ears are not more sensitive unless they do have some kind of hearings issue or disease.

I don’t disagree, but adults have the ability to make that decision for themselves. That’s the only reason I mentioned providing them for those of young age.

Barking 13
10-16-2017, 10:48 AM
Mike Chain is the new sound engineer

mstatefan91
10-16-2017, 10:55 AM
I don’t disagree, but adults have the ability to make that decision for themselves. That’s the only reason I mentioned providing them for those of young age.

Fair enough

msbulldog
10-16-2017, 01:35 PM
Hell I've been wearing ear plugs for a few years now, no sense going deaf. Hearing should be protected above 88 decibels for 4 hours, busy city traffic is about 90 decibels.

RocketDawg
10-16-2017, 03:21 PM

Not so sure that's true. Adults gradually lose their hearing ability over time, particularly in the upper frequencies. Unless there something wrong with the kid, they can hear a lot better than an adult. They're just really good at ignoring adults. ;)

StatesboroBlues
10-16-2017, 03:56 PM
Mike Chain is the new sound engineer

Talk about working with your hands tied behind your back...trying to have a good sound for most everyone with eberything being in the south endzone has to be near impossible.

Which is why it was laughable after the NE addition was done and Strick said we would see how it worked out before changing anything. Doesn?t take a bright engineer to figure out it would not be ideal.

mstatefan91
10-17-2017, 09:15 AM
Not so sure that's true. Adults gradually lose their hearing ability over time, particularly in the upper frequencies. Unless there something wrong with the kid, they can hear a lot better than an adult. They're just really good at ignoring adults. ;)

Adults lose it through going to things like football games, concerts, shooting guns, etc.. We don't just naturally lose that ability generally speaking. That's why I said all of us should be wearing hearing protection. Not just the kiddos