PDA

View Full Version : State opens up -10. LSU opens -7.

Jacksondevildog
10-15-2017, 03:47 PM
Alabama -34 vs Tennessee.

VandelayIndustries
10-15-2017, 04:05 PM
A little surprised we are favored that much, think LSU easily covers -7

TUSK
10-15-2017, 04:07 PM

That's a really big number for TSIO, but I'd lean to layin' em, gun to head...

VandelayIndustries
10-15-2017, 04:08 PM
Tennessee is done, could easily see Bama covering that

Leeshouldveflanked
10-15-2017, 04:09 PM
I think we match up good against UK...the only thing is that Mullen is bound and determine to pass the ball... I could see a pick 6 for UK.

TrapGame
10-15-2017, 04:09 PM

At home. Defense way better than last season. And UK has won some games by the skin of their teeth.

Commercecomet24
10-15-2017, 04:17 PM
We better RTFB all night long.

CadaverDawg
10-15-2017, 04:23 PM
We better RTFB all night long.

Yeah, this isn't one of those "let's develop Fitz as a passer" games. Run the damn ball and get a victory

Commercecomet24
10-15-2017, 04:24 PM
Yeah, this isn't one of those "let's develop Fitz as a passer" games. Run the damn ball and get a victory

Amen, CD!

msstate7
10-15-2017, 04:25 PM
Sec ranks for Kentucky...
Rush defense = 3rd
Pass defense = 14th
Total def = 11th

raymond21
10-15-2017, 04:57 PM
We will have to pass the ball to establish a running game.

BulldogBear
10-15-2017, 05:01 PM

Yeah, I was surprised too, but I bet it's got a little to do with LSU winning this weekend. Suddenly our win over LSU is not easily chalked up to the old down year excuse. Our win looks good. You always want your opponents to do well. It helps with YOUR perception.

High lines can be easy money. It's just too common that a team will just coast to a solid win. If Bama wins 42-10 they will not cover the spread. Think about how absurd a line like that is when you hear it like that.

basedog
10-15-2017, 05:13 PM
I'm shocked at our spread. But I feel better about our team, Mullin has been good against Ky in the past.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-15-2017, 05:19 PM
We've run about 60% of the time this season. I feel that % will be similar Saturday.

basedog
10-15-2017, 05:30 PM
We've run about 60% of the time this season. I feel that % will be similar Saturday.

Seems Fitz's passing % is higher in the second half's of games played this year.

Commercecomet24
10-15-2017, 05:32 PM

Thats where we need to stay to be successful.

BoomBoom
10-15-2017, 05:47 PM
We will have to pass the ball to establish a running game.

we ran the ball fine against Georgia and Auburn without passing worth a durn. we just wouldn't commit to the run.

Jack Lambert
10-15-2017, 06:19 PM
we ran the ball fine against Georgia and Auburn without passing worth a durn. we just wouldn't commit to the run.

I agree! I don't under stand why he doesn't run A-Train until his tongue is dragging then put Hill in until his tongue is dragging then put Gibson in. If they load the box up to stop then pass. But I am not a coach, I don't make 4.5 million a year. He probably sees something I don't

CadaverDawg
10-15-2017, 06:22 PM
We should run 70+% of the time based on what I've seen from our passing game. Since our only decent passing comes off playaction, just let that be it.

Maybe once we get a few D1 caliber WR's next year, we can implement a passing game that doesn't require us gaining 8 yds per carry on the ground for it to work.

Dawgface
10-15-2017, 06:33 PM
We should run 70+% of the time based on what I've seen from our passing game. Since our only decent passing comes off playaction, just let that be it.

Maybe once we get a few D1 caliber WR's next year, we can implement a passing game that doesn't require us gaining 8 yds per carry on the ground for it to work.

+1

starkvegasdawg
10-15-2017, 06:33 PM
I?d love to see a triple option attack with Fitz, Hill, and Gibson.

RiverCityDawg
10-16-2017, 05:42 AM

This is just false. Go back and look at Aeris and Fitz rushing numbers in those games. We got some yards towards the end when backups were playing on both sides, but we could not run the way we needed to when the game was on the line. Passing sucked and was a huge problem, but we couldn't run it either.

Jack Lambert
10-16-2017, 08:27 AM
I think Ole Miss is better then Florida, LSU is on road at Ole Miss like they were for the Florida game with young offensive line, Ole Miss has a real shot at this game.

BoomBoom
10-16-2017, 08:50 AM
This is just false. Go back and look at Aeris and Fitz rushing numbers in those games. We got some yards towards the end when backups were playing on both sides, but we could not run the way we needed to when the game was on the line. Passing sucked and was a huge problem, but we couldn't run it either.

I covered this in a past post. Vs Auburn, only once did we run on 1st and 2nd down and find ourselves in 3rd and long. We passed our way to 3rd and long multiple times. Go look at the play by play. We ran the ball fine.

RiverCityDawg
10-16-2017, 10:25 AM
I covered this in a past post. Vs Auburn, only once did we run on 1st and 2nd down and find ourselves in 3rd and long. We passed our way to 3rd and long multiple times. Go look at the play by play. We ran the ball fine.

Aeris and Fitz rushing ypc:
LSU - 6.32
UGA - 3.38
Auburn - 3.75

If you think those guys running for less than 4 ypc is "fine" I don't know what to tell you. Aeris was 2.18 ypc against UGA.

Look, our passing has to get better, and until it does we should be very run heavy. I'm not arguing that. But acting like we ran the ball effectively in our two losses is just false. Did the anemic passing have something to do with the poor rushing performance? Absolutely. But guess what, the passing game was worse because we couldn't establish the run. Yes, it can be both, which is usually the case when you lose by 30+

Cooterpoot
10-16-2017, 10:41 AM
I think Ole Miss is better then Florida, LSU is on road at Ole Miss like they were for the Florida game with young offensive line, Ole Miss has a real shot at this game.

OM has zero defense. Florida plays defense. That OM offense has been terrible against decent teams and that defense has been horrible every game. They've got absolutely no defense. LSU is going to roll OM.

BoomBoom
10-16-2017, 11:59 AM
Aeris and Fitz rushing ypc:
LSU - 6.32
UGA - 3.38
Auburn - 3.75

If you think those guys running for less than 4 ypc is "fine" I don't know what to tell you. Aeris was 2.18 ypc against UGA.

Look, our passing has to get better, and until it does we should be very run heavy. I'm not arguing that. But acting like we ran the ball effectively in our two losses is just false. Did the anemic passing have something to do with the poor rushing performance? Absolutely. But guess what, the passing game was worse because we couldn't establish the run. Yes, it can be both, which is usually the case when you lose by 30+

Again, look at the Auburn play by play. How many times did we run into 3rd and long?

Fitz was 13/33 passing. A 29.4 QBR. Yes, we ran the ball "fine", "fine" being establishing 3rd and short.

My only point is that this team will never open up the run game by throwing the ball. It may open up the passing game by establishing the run. So RTGDFB. If they stop the run, we were going to lose anyway. Not so the other way around.

ChevChelios
10-16-2017, 12:32 PM
******* offense in the first half is 60/40 pass/run. In the second half it's 60/40 run/pass. Always has always will be.

Jack Lambert
10-16-2017, 01:32 PM
OM has zero defense. Florida plays defense. That OM offense has been terrible against decent teams and that defense has been horrible every game. They've got absolutely no defense. LSU is going to roll OM.

I hope you are correct because I want LSU to whip that ass.