PDA

View Full Version : Buy-Sell- the difference in Manning-Brady is...

Coach34
09-23-2013, 09:31 PM
Belichek > Dungy? I think they are basically equal as QB's. If they switched teams, Manning would have more SB wins because he played for BB

hailmari
09-23-2013, 09:50 PM
I'd love to see how Brady would do as a non-Patriot.

bocfarm
09-23-2013, 09:52 PM
One had a hell of a defense for a lot of yrs the other did not.

Manning all day long

War Machine Dawg
09-23-2013, 10:23 PM
As boc said, Brady had a MUCH better D for a lot of years. Manning was essentially having to outscore everyone, and that shit doesn't fly in the playoffs.

I think another thing that doesn't get talked about enough are the front office/coaching decisions in terms of resting players. A lot of years, Manning & Co had their division well in hand with a month left in the season. Starters wouldn't play but about 3 quarters at most for 2-3 weeks before the playoffs started. For an offense that relied on timing as much as those Colt offenses did, that was an absolutely killer. Hard to just pick up where you left off in terms of moving the ball and scoring when you haven't been going full speed for a month. I don't think it's a coincidence that the one year Manning won it was the year that they had to battle into the last week for a playoff spot and couldn't rest their starters.

Todd4State
09-23-2013, 11:12 PM
They're close. Peyton actually had a lot more talent IMO to work with than Brady- Wayne, Harrison, Edgerrin James, and Dallas Clark.

Brady had Jabar Gaffney and Troy Brown. Until they went out and got Randy Moss and Wes Welker and then they went 18-0.

If it was a big game, I'd probably go with Brady.

Bullmutt
09-24-2013, 11:04 AM
Which had the best OL intact over those years?

bocfarm
09-24-2013, 11:10 AM
The Colts had 4 pro bowl defensive players the entire time PFM was in Indy. Brady has had 19, huge difference.

sleepy dawg
09-24-2013, 01:07 PM
Forget about the defenses... Peyton has almost always had more and better weapons. Many years, Brady has had no weapons, and had to turn some undrafted free agent into a weapon. He made guys like Deon Branch Super Bowl MVPs.

M.Fillmore
09-24-2013, 10:40 PM
I'd like to know how much the Manning family spends on Public Relations, Media Management, etc.

dawgoneyall
09-24-2013, 11:41 PM
Manning better than brady. On Beliched's teams Peyton wins numerous SB's.

Brady is great...without a doubt.

Dungy was/is a 17 head.

smootness
09-25-2013, 08:08 AM
They're close. Peyton actually had a lot more talent IMO to work with than Brady- Wayne, Harrison, Edgerrin James, and Dallas Clark.

Brady had Jabar Gaffney and Troy Brown. Until they went out and got Randy Moss and Wes Welker and then they went 18-0.

If it was a big game, I'd probably go with Brady.

This is a very good point. Every time I try to discount Brady in my own mind, I think about how little overall talent the Patriots have had since that 18-1 team. He has essentially kept them afloat despite Belichick's ego thinking he can do just fine without guys like Richard Seymour, Mike Vrabel, Wes Welker, etc., etc. Of course, they did win 11 with Matt Cassel at QB, too, but they also had more talent then.

I think Brady vs. Manning is an interesting discussion, and there will obviously never be an answer. I think Brady gets a little too much credit for the 3 Super Bowls, but doesn't get quite enough for what he's done over the last several years.

I think Manning gets killed a little too much for only winning the one Super Bowl, but at the same time, he was a key factor in several of those playoff losses.

I think Manning's achilles heel has always been that he gets happy feet too much, and in big-time moments/situations, he panicks a little. Brady, on the other hand, just like Eli, seems to thrive in those moments because he is always even-keeled and calm. He never panicks, never rushes.

Esmerelda Villalobos
09-25-2013, 08:11 AM
Peyton is the greatest qb to ever play the game.