PDA

View Full Version : Another Major SEC Officiating Folly

ShotgunDawg
10-14-2017, 06:00 PM
The SEC officiating follys are piling up.

I don't even have a dog in the fight but what just happened in the LSU /Auburn game is excusable and needs to be called out.

Auburn gets the ball back with 42 seconds left and down by 5.

Auburn gets a first down on the first play and the clock doesn't stop to reset the chains.

It probably didn't cost Auburn the game, but this simply can't happen with what is at stake in today's SEC.

Absolutley absurd that these types of things continue to happen time and time again every week.

This wasn't even a judgement call. This was an excusable mishap with the game clock.

Pathetic.

MarketingBully
10-14-2017, 06:03 PM
Wouldn’t have mattered they lost it on downs and the clock did stop.

Skydawg1
10-14-2017, 06:04 PM
That clock not stopping should cost somebody their job. That is Rule 1 in college football...the clock stops after a first down. No, likely didn't change the final score but damn.

Skydawg1
10-14-2017, 06:05 PM
Wouldn’t have mattered they lost it on downs and the clock did stop.Right, they made sure to let :02 seconds remain for the celebratory kneel down.

ShotgunDawg
10-14-2017, 06:05 PM

That's completely beside the point.

It's absurd that games of this mignitude can't be properly officiated and managed by the refs.

To many ridiculous officiating mishaps go unnoticed and un called out because the final score.

I'm still heated from the scoop and score that called back vs Auburn.

bluelightstar
10-14-2017, 06:06 PM

That's the thing, I'm pretty sure the clock stopped. Gary was saying the clock isn't stopped on the replay, while it was stuck at :30.

Coach007
10-14-2017, 06:08 PM
On their series before, there was 2 no calls on the same play. The qb hit in the head area and the cb was all over the wr

Quaoarsking
10-14-2017, 06:14 PM

The amount of time on the clock affected LSU and Auburn's playcalling, and their mental demeanor out there on the field. It's impossible to know what would have happened had the clock stopped properly.

You're probably right that it wouldn't have mattered, almost certainly right, but you can't just handwave it away because of what did happen under different circumstances.

msbulldog
10-14-2017, 06:20 PM
The clock issue was minor, compared to Auburn Offensive Tackle #78 holding the entire game. He got called twice, but they could have called him every play.

MarketingBully
10-14-2017, 06:25 PM
The amount of time on the clock affected LSU and Auburn's playcalling, and their mental demeanor out there on the field. It's impossible to know what would have happened had the clock stopped properly.

You're probably right that it wouldn't have mattered, almost certainly right, but you can't just handwave it away because of what did happen under different circumstances.

That’s the thing. The clock stopped at 30 seconds. Now did it start early? I don’t know but it did stop when they got the first down. Danielson was a moron. When he showed the replay, it showed the clock stopped at 30 seconds refuting his claim that the clock didn’t stop. Now the fact teams can hold at will is another story.

msudawglb
10-14-2017, 06:30 PM
On their series before, there was 2 no calls on the same play. The qb hit in the head area and the cb was all over the wr

Yes! That should have been either a 15 yd targeting or 15 yard pass interference.

Bully13
10-14-2017, 06:32 PM
that's the 2nd time this year I've seen the officials fail to stop the clock to move the chains

Bully13
10-14-2017, 06:33 PM

it was clear the clock was not stopped. even the announcers said so.

MarketingBully
10-14-2017, 06:37 PM
it was clear the clock was not stopped. even the announcers said so.

Good god the clock stopped at 30 seconds.

tcdog70
10-14-2017, 07:04 PM
The clock stopped . As soon as they set the down box they re started. You don't have to stop for the whole chain to set. Don't believe every thing dumb ass announcers say.

MetEdDawg
10-14-2017, 07:10 PM
That's the thing, I'm pretty sure the clock stopped. Gary was saying the clock isn't stopped on the replay, while it was stuck at :30.

It stopped for about 4 seconds. I thought it restarted awfully quick but it definitely stopped after the 1st down.

Bully75
10-14-2017, 08:56 PM
Its LSU! Always happens that way........

TXDawg
10-14-2017, 10:08 PM
What about the two blocks in the back on Chard’s punt return TD?

Schultzy
10-14-2017, 10:13 PM
That clock not stopping should cost somebody their job. That is Rule 1 in college football...the clock stops after a first down. No, likely didn't change the final score but damn.

No. The number one rule is don?t blow your ****ing whistle when Jefferey Simmons causes you to fumble and Montez Sweat picks it up for a touchdown.

Liverpooldawg
10-14-2017, 10:16 PM

I don't even have a dog in the fight but what just happened in the LSU /Auburn game is excusable and needs to be called out.

Auburn gets a first down on the first play and the clock doesn't stop to reset the chains.

It probably didn't cost Auburn the game, but this simply can't happen with what is at stake in today's SEC.

Absolutley absurd that these types of things continue to happen time and time again every week.

This wasn't even a judgement call. This was an excusable mishap with the game clock.

Pathetic.

Hey, if LSU had needed the clock to run backwards.......it would have.

the59dawg
10-14-2017, 10:54 PM
Same thing happened at the end of the AUB LSU game game to AUB. BTW somehow AUB managed to get off 3 plays in the last 11 sec w/o a TO including one run play.

Behrdawg
10-15-2017, 12:41 PM

Pathetic.

Auburn was screwed by officiating? Couldn?t have happened to a better bunch of shitbrains.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
10-15-2017, 01:29 PM
Auburn was screwed by officiating? Couldn?t have happened to a better bunch of shitbrains.

Exactly! The biggest cheaters on the planet other the UNM getting screwed by the refs and we have folks in this thread coming to their rescue. I wished it happened every week except for one against those jackasses.

NCDawg
10-15-2017, 03:04 PM
I don't have a dog in the fight either, but that was an obvious targeting hit on the QB toward the end of the game. I think the referees sometimes get intimidated by the crowd and refrain from calling it-especially at a critical time in the game. There would have been a loud chorus of boos.