PDA

View Full Version : So yeah, Leach is terrible...

TimberBeast
10-14-2017, 01:01 AM
Again. Same as always.

TUSK
10-14-2017, 01:03 AM
No.

TimberBeast
10-14-2017, 01:08 AM
37-3 to cal. He's a somewhat cool guy but an awful head coach. It just is.

TUSK
10-14-2017, 01:17 AM

He blows some games, no doubt, buddy.... But he wins some he shouldn't have a shot at...

Oh, and he digs pirates and aliens... or something....

regardless, if that rat bastard wins 10 this year, he can pick from the UT (<9 wins) or TAMU (<10 wins) gigs...

Bully13
10-14-2017, 01:22 AM
yea, judge the dude by 1 17 up. that's the answer. always works, right?

must be the fat little girlfriends getting in his players heads.

sandwolf
10-14-2017, 02:27 AM

Haha, what? I hope you've been drinking.....

BulldogBear
10-14-2017, 05:11 AM
He blows some games, no doubt, buddy.... But he wins some he shouldn't have a shot at...

Oh, and he digs pirates and aliens... or something....

regardless, if that rat bastard wins 10 this year, he can pick from the UT (<9 wins) or TAMU (<10 wins) gigs...

This is definitely upset weekend. Tell YMDL to be on his toes.

Dan too for that matter.

Quaoarsking
10-14-2017, 07:05 AM

What an awful take. Leach turned Texas Tech into a consistent winner (and it immediately became a bad program again once he left) and has now done the same to Washington State.

They had a 7-turnover meltdown last night, a weird, freaky, fluky performance. Of course they lost.

Hasu Dackds
10-14-2017, 07:10 AM
Hopefully this guy has a hangover this AM.

bluelightstar
10-14-2017, 07:20 AM
What an awful take. Leach turned Texas Tech into a consistent winner (and it immediately became a bad program again once he left) and has now done the same to Washington State.

They had a 7-turnover meltdown last night, a weird, freaky, fluky performance. Of course they lost.

Agree. Cal dominated the line of scrimmage and there was nothing Wazzu could do. One bad loss doesn't make Leach a bad coach. It's crazy how everybody expects coaches to be Nick Saban and basically never have a bad loss.

BrunswickDawg
10-14-2017, 08:14 AM
I always laugh at the love Mike Leach. He had 1 very good season at TT - and finished with a 84-43 record in 10 seasons in the no defense Big 12.

It took him 4 years to win at Wasu - and is 35-35 there. And having loses like this one against Cal in year 6. Year 6!! How will they ever expect to compete? I like the guy, but he?s Hal Mumme with an eyepatch and a sword.

I also wouldn?t exactly call Wasu terrible - they have PAC titles as recent as 1997 and 2002. They had a Croomlike coach right before Leech, so he is digging out of a hole. But it still took 4 years of digging.

mstatefan91
10-14-2017, 08:18 AM
I always laugh at the love Mike Leach. He had 1 very good season at TT - and finished with a 84-43 record in 10 seasons in the no defense Big 12.

It took him 4 years to win at Wasu - and is 35-35 there. And having loses like this one against Cal in year 6. Year 6!! How will they ever expect to compete? I like the guy, but he?s Hal Mumme with an eyepatch and a sword.

Don't ever take a look at Dan Mullen's record.... Sheesh

BrunswickDawg
10-14-2017, 08:22 AM
Don't ever take a look at Dan Mullen's record.... Sheesh

Yes I know his record at TT is better then Mullen?s - I still don?t think he is some incredible all round coach. His defenses are normally trash, and obviously his LOS players just got worked by Cal.

DownwardDawg
10-14-2017, 08:33 AM

I also wouldn?t exactly call Wasu terrible - they have PAC titles as recent as 1997 and 2002. They had a Croomlike coach right before Leech, so he is digging out of a hole. But it still took 4 years of digging.

I always thought of him as a good coach. Not great, but a decent to good coach. Nothing special.

Quaoarsking
10-14-2017, 08:45 AM

No.

Leach had 10 good seasons at Texas Tech, making bowls in all 10 seasons and finished ranked 5 times at a program with little history. He finished 5-15 against Texas and Oklahoma when both were outstanding programs, which is as good as any coach did in the 00s.

To compare his predecessor at Washington State to Croom is an insult to Croom. Wulff went 9-40 in 4 years and routinely lost by 50 or more points. Croom sucked, but Wulff was MUCH worse. Leach had Washington State in a bowl in year 2 (I guess you just didn't research enough to know that) and 9-4 by year 4. Looks like Leach is going to have Washington State consistently ranked going forward, like he built at Texas Tech.

He's no Saban, but he's easily a top 10 coach in America. Hopefully he stays in Pullman (where he's a great fit) and doesn't end up coaching LSU, Tennessee, or Florida soon.

yjnkdawg
10-14-2017, 09:24 AM
I think Leach is a good coach, but Cal came to play and wanted the win worst than apparently WS did. Cal played lights out. I wish OM could have caught that buzz saw last night. lol

Bully13
10-14-2017, 09:24 AM
Not the football guru many of you are but any coach who talks about his players little fat girlfriends is A OK in my book and I want him in the game to get the occasional video clips so I can laugh my ass off from time to time. I think it's high time for a Leachisms web site in fact. Even when he's not cursing or going totally off, he's just somebody I enjoy watching / listening to.

Turfdawg67
10-14-2017, 09:30 AM
I like the guy, but he's Hal Mumme with an eyepatch and a sword

Ha! +1

preachermatt83
10-14-2017, 09:36 AM
Dumb post of the year!! I'd go as far as to say if Dan left, leach would be in my top 3.

Quaoarsking
10-14-2017, 09:40 AM
Dumb post of the year!! I'd go as far as to say if Dan left, leach would be in my top 3.

No question. I doubt he'd leave Pullman for Starkville, but he'd be a home run hire for sure.

The beauty of his offense is that you don't need elite QB or WR recruits to run it. He had walkons pass for over 5,000 some of his years at Texas Tech.

preachermatt83
10-14-2017, 09:42 AM
No question. I doubt he'd leave Pullman for Starkville, but he'd be a home run hire for sure.

The beauty of his offense is that you don't need elite QB or WR recruits to run it. He had walkons pass for over 5,000 some of his years at Texas Tech.
Exactly!

BrunswickDawg
10-14-2017, 09:57 AM
No.

Leach had 10 good seasons at Texas Tech, making bowls in all 10 seasons and finished ranked 5 times at a program with little history. He finished 5-15 against Texas and Oklahoma when both were outstanding programs, which is as good as any coach did in the 00s.

To compare his predecessor at Washington State to Croom is an insult to Croom. Wulff went 9-40 in 4 years and routinely lost by 50 or more points. Croom sucked, but Wulff was MUCH worse. Leach had Washington State in a bowl in year 2 (I guess you just didn't research enough to know that) and 9-4 by year 4. Looks like Leach is going to have Washington State consistently ranked going forward, like he built at Texas Tech.

He's no Saban, but he's easily a top 10 coach in America. Hopefully he stays in Pullman (where he's a great fit) and doesn't end up coaching LSU, Tennessee, or Florida soon.

No, I saw he got into a bowl at 6-6 in year 2 and lost. And as I always see here - do bowls really count any more when there are so many and you have 6-6 and 5-7 teams making it??? So going to bowls is no measuring stick it?s a must or you totally suck. You also ignored he followed up that ?winning? 6-7 season with 3-9.

He?s a very good coach - but I wouldn?t put him Top 10. I like him, I just don?t think he would do better than Dan in an SEC program and could wind up like Hal Mumme was at Kentucky (when Leach was his OC).

Quaoarsking
10-14-2017, 10:07 AM
When you win 12 games over the past 5 seasons, making a bowl at 6-6, even if you lose the bowl, is a really big deal.

I didn't "ignore" the following season reverting back to 3-9, but that happens when your predecessor leaves you nothing and your QB breaks his leg midseason. They still managed to beat Kyle Whittingham's Utah team though, so they weren't completely awful.

And considering how they've been 9-4, 8-5, and currently 6-1 after that 3-9 injury-riddled bad year, it's safe it so say it wasn't indicative of how Leach runs his program.

Hasu Dackds
10-14-2017, 01:12 PM
No, I saw he got into a bowl at 6-6 in year 2 and lost. And as I always see here - do bowls really count any more when there are so many and you have 6-6 and 5-7 teams making it??? So going to bowls is no measuring stick it?s a must or you totally suck. You also ignored he followed up that ?winning? 6-7 season with 3-9.

He?s a very good coach - but I wouldn?t put him Top 10. I like him, I just don?t think he would do better than Dan in an SEC program and could wind up like Hal Mumme was at Kentucky (when Leach was his OC).
Your thinking is flawed regarding coaches IMO. Ability to get talent is the biggest factor in college football. Lubbock, Pullman and Starkville severely limit that ability. Shouldn't, but unfortunately that's the perception.

If the big schools had any sense, the guys like Leach and Mullen who can consistently put out 7/8 win seasons at mediocre programs would be on their short list.