PDA

View Full Version : Christian Morris

C222
09-23-2013, 04:51 PM
OL from Memphis that went to UCLA is apparently transferring to Ole Miss. Didn't we almost get that guy?

Dawgfan77
09-23-2013, 05:41 PM
Damn. Do we just not even try to recruit OL. I don't want to think the Rebs will beat us but they are getting players at positions we really need. How many schollys do they have.

Radddawg
09-23-2013, 06:16 PM
OL from Memphis that went to UCLA is apparently transferring to Ole Miss. Didn't we almost get that guy?

Yeah ... Us and OM finished runner up for Morris... A lot of his Memphis friends like Moore and Dodson are there in Oxford... Apparently he's homesick and his grandmother is in bad health... Freeze gonna try to get a waiver on him sitting out a year as is per rules... Gotta save the young man's soul immediately and the only way to do that is if he replaces the Burton kid at RT next season... Just heppin.

Political Hack
09-23-2013, 06:29 PM
what a scam. they play by a different set of rules than we do.

Esmerelda Villalobos
09-23-2013, 06:43 PM
I dont think morris can fit in a mustang..

Bigedawg
09-23-2013, 06:44 PM
Ridiculous. Can you say tampering? Maybe Mora Jr. will have something to say about what has apparently transpired.

Coach34
09-23-2013, 06:56 PM
what a scam. they play by a different set of rules than we do.

zero doubt about that

NorCalDawg
09-23-2013, 09:18 PM
I dont think morris can fit in a mustang..

+1

Todd4State
09-23-2013, 11:53 PM
Yeah ... Us and OM finished runner up for Morris... A lot of his Memphis friends like Moore and Dodson are there in Oxford... Apparently he's homesick and his grandmother is in bad health... Freeze gonna try to get a waiver on him sitting out a year as is per rules... Gotta save the young man's soul immediately and the only way to do that is if he replaces the Burton kid at RT next season... Just heppin.

This sounds awfully familiar. Like Barry Brunetti familiar.

C222
09-24-2013, 07:23 AM
Also, don't be surprised if they get Marquel Combs - DT from Memphis. He's transferring from Kansas.

smootness
09-24-2013, 08:07 AM
Also, don't be surprised if they get Marquel Combs - DT from Memphis. He's transferring from Kansas.

Assuming they want him. He's transferring because he couldn't crack the starting lineup as a JUCO transfer...at Kansas.

C222
09-24-2013, 08:20 AM
Assuming they want him. He's transferring because he couldn't crack the starting lineup as a JUCO transfer...at Kansas.

Ah, didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

32 Dive
09-24-2013, 08:35 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/db/SMU_Mustang_Logo.svg

It feels like 1980 around these parts...

:-)

mic
09-24-2013, 09:05 AM
If Mora Jr wants that kid he wont go down with out a fight ... Remember he is already
1-0 against heavyweight ND..

Oxfordawg
09-24-2013, 09:39 AM
Morris is buried in the depth chart behind 2 other freshman

Goat Holder
09-24-2013, 09:49 AM
Transfers is another good way for schools like us and Ole Miss to pick up talent. Don't hate on them for being smart. Jevan Snead anyone? Maybe we ought to be trying to copy them.

HancockCountyDog
09-24-2013, 09:49 AM
Morris is buried in the depth chart behind 2 other freshman

Im not worried about a guy that most likely won't play before 2015. Wake me up if he is able to contribute. Sure, on paper he looks good, but I have a feeling that if he wasn't getting dominated by UCLA he wouldn't be leaving.

All that being said, if he was coming to MSU I would be extremely pumped. So yeah, Im a hypocrite.

smootness
09-24-2013, 10:48 AM
Jevan Snead anyone? Maybe we ought to be trying to copy them.

Uh, I wouldn't use that as your good example.

mic
09-24-2013, 10:48 AM
A team can Never have too many OL.. So yeah if he goes and it works out then good pick up..

Goat Holder
09-24-2013, 11:33 AM
Dumb. Jevan Snead was a good player, one they typically would not get straight out of high school. They were preseason #4 in the country mainly because of him. I'd say Nutt-ball, the QB killa, should shoulder a little of that blame, wouldn't you say? If he comes back for his senior year, they are A LOT better in 2010 than 4-8. They beat Jax State and Vandy at a minimum.

chef dixon
09-24-2013, 11:55 AM
They are Transfer U. I wouldn't worry too much. They get a number of quality players for most of their starting line up and try to patch holes with transfer players like this. They are the kings of the transfer "quick-fix." We are a much, much deeper team than Ole Miss.

Todd4State
09-24-2013, 12:33 PM
They are Transfer U. I wouldn't worry too much. They get a number of quality players for most of their starting line up and try to patch holes with transfer players like this. They are the kings of the transfer "quick-fix." We are a much, much deeper team than Ole Miss.

Exactly. Plus, with Bracky there's no way he would ever play the sick Great Grandmother card. It's more trouble than it's worth for us.

Goat Holder
09-24-2013, 12:35 PM
We've had a bunch of those guys. You Bracky haters are taking that a little too far.

Todd4State
09-24-2013, 12:37 PM
We've had a bunch of those guys. You Bracky haters are taking that a little too far.

Like who?

HancockCountyDog
09-24-2013, 12:44 PM
Like who?

Off top of my head, the great OT that ended up not playing his senior year because he was too busy shooting the fruit loops car, name escapes me, but he was a beast.

Jamar Chaney was in essence a transfer.

If we can get a guy to transfer to us before his freshman year is even finished, I am totally fine with that. I would think the kid made a mistake and is ready to come home. Obviously, if he decides to go to the bears, Im just going to assume they cheated as usual.

chef dixon
09-24-2013, 12:45 PM
Like who?

The only guy that comes to my mind is the LB from Clemson. Didn't make a huge impact for us.

smootness
09-24-2013, 12:50 PM
Dumb. Jevan Snead was a good player, one they typically would not get straight out of high school. They were preseason #4 in the country mainly because of him. I'd say Nutt-ball, the QB killa, should shoulder a little of that blame, wouldn't you say? If he comes back for his senior year, they are A LOT better in 2010 than 4-8. They beat Jax State and Vandy at a minimum.

Who cares about their preseason rank because of what people thought Jevan Snead was? There were also people who had him penciled in as the #1 pick in the draft.

Well, they actually did go 4-8 and he didn't get drafted.

How is it dumb to suggest that isn't your best example available for the type of guy we could potentially pick up as a transfer?

I don't think anyone is arguing that you can't pick up talented players via transfer; who would ever suggest that? I'm just saying that Snead didn't ultimately do much of anything to help Ole Miss. He was pretty good in 08 for them, ok. Then he was terrible.

smootness
09-24-2013, 12:58 PM
Off top of my head, the great OT that ended up not playing his senior year because he was too busy shooting the fruit loops car, name escapes me, but he was a beast.

Yep, Mike Brown. I thought Bracky Brett would obviously never push for that waiver, though?

Todd4State
09-24-2013, 01:06 PM

Jamar Chaney was in essence a transfer.

If we can get a guy to transfer to us before his freshman year is even finished, I am totally fine with that. I would think the kid made a mistake and is ready to come home. Obviously, if he decides to go to the bears, Im just going to assume they cheated as usual.

Exactly- three in ten years. Counting Christian Ducre.

engie
09-24-2013, 01:08 PM
They've had Liggins, Alford, Morris already under Freeze... I'm sure there's more that I'm missing...

HancockCountyDog
09-24-2013, 01:21 PM
They've had Liggins, Alford, Morris already under Freeze... I'm sure there's more that I'm missing...

Liggins is in Juco, and Im not sure he will actually go to the bears. He is playing QB again and I hear he likes it. Im not sure what he does.

The Alford kid is a player and Im pissed we didn't get him, the kid is a monster athlete. I watched him play several times in high school and the kid is just an unbelievable athlete. I really hope he starts taking baseball seriously, because I really would rather not have to play against him.

If they do pick up Morris, then their OL class from last year is just ridiculous and it concerns me more than anything else they are doing. Tunsil, Golson, Morris, Taylor and the kid from Mo?

Goat Holder
09-24-2013, 01:23 PM
I'm just saying that Snead didn't ultimately do much of anything to help Ole Miss. He was pretty good in 08 for them, ok. Then he was terrible.

His two seasons were some of the best in recent Ole Miss memory, outside maybe 2003 and 1990. And if he had come back in 2010, I'm betting he WOULD have gotten drafted. He mainly left due to disagreements with Nutt.

Goat Holder
09-24-2013, 01:26 PM
Mike Brown, Christian Ducre, Jamar Chaney, Brandon Maye.

This is not a Bracky issue. This is Ole Miss being smart. If we want these transfers we can make it happen. It's more of a Mullen thing. 3 of those guys were under Croom.

chef dixon
09-24-2013, 01:37 PM
I am fine with not picking up a lot of the types of transfers Ole Miss gets. I would have been absolutely irate as an OM fan when they brought Masoli in. It does nothing but stunt the development of your offense and QBs. When was the last time they had a guy start at QB that wasn't a transfer? Maybe Nathan Stanley for 1 game? Schaeffer, Snead, Masoli, Brunetti, Wallace and Stoudt are jucos. Gotta go back to the Spurlock days. I guess Freeze is trying to change that trend with 2 freshman this year with potential.

smootness
09-24-2013, 01:46 PM
Exactly- three in ten years. Counting Christian Ducre.

You said Bracky would never use the waiver, yet he already has.

camsu
09-24-2013, 01:49 PM
Chaney was not a hardship. He could not enroll at GA due to grades but met the requirements for us. That's not a hardship transfer as he never enrolled at GA

Political Hack
09-24-2013, 01:52 PM
You said Bracky would never use the waiver, yet he already has.

Ducre was a blanket waiver. Bracky didn't have to do anything. Everyone at Tulane got to transfer.

NM: Goat posted the answer.

smootness
09-24-2013, 01:55 PM
Ducre was a blanket waiver. Bracky didn't have to do anything. Everyone at Tulane got to transfer.

NM: Goat posted the answer.

And again, Mike Brown is enough to prove Todd4State wrong.

Todd4State
09-24-2013, 05:06 PM

One in ten years. Under a coach that isn't even our coach anymore. And ZERO in five years. Burned me there!

Meanwhile, Ole Miss hasn't had a starting QB that has gone through their program completely since Micheal Spurlock.

Actually, I said that Bracky would never play the great grandmother card.

Todd4State
09-24-2013, 05:08 PM
I am fine with not picking up a lot of the types of transfers Ole Miss gets. I would have been absolutely irate as an OM fan when they brought Masoli in. It does nothing but stunt the development of your offense and QBs. When was the last time they had a guy start at QB that wasn't a transfer? Maybe Nathan Stanley for 1 game? Schaeffer, Snead, Masoli, Brunetti, Wallace and Stoudt are jucos. Gotta go back to the Spurlock days. I guess Freeze is trying to change that trend with 2 freshman this year with potential.

Not to mention Bo Wallace started out at Arkansas State before going JUCO.

TheDawgBiscuit
09-24-2013, 05:26 PM
What is frustrating is that these guys are saying they ARE going to leave their school and ARE going to enroll at UM.

1) So they can sign more to last years class?
2) How is it that they are the only school that ALWAYS gets instant waivers and play time. They use the NCAA like a free agent draft anytime they want.
3) UM is not supposed to have had any contact with them, but yet they are the team that EVERYONE flocks too.

Lots of sick grandmothers around and every player wants to go to UM.

Seems like the NCAA would stop this.

dawgindothan
09-24-2013, 06:34 PM
1) So they can sign more to last years class?
2) How is it that they are the only school that ALWAYS gets instant waivers and play time. They use the NCAA like a free agent draft anytime they want.
3) UM is not supposed to have had any contact with them, but yet they are the team that EVERYONE flocks too.

1) IF Morris signs with TSUN, he would count toward this year's class, not last year's. The 85 overall rule is more restrictive than the 25 per year rule anyway.

2) What instant waiver have they gotten besides Brunetti? Masoli wasn't a waiver.... although the rule was later changed to prevent players with only 1 year of eligibility left from transferring to SEC schools. My guess is Morris won't get an instant waiver from the NCAA..... if it was a parent in bad health maybe...... but not for a grandparent.

Coach34
09-24-2013, 06:59 PM

Bracky didnt even start with Compliance until about 2005...are we sure he handled that?

Homedawg
09-24-2013, 07:15 PM

This is how facts get turned around. A guy like you, who has "Internet cred", names 3 people and only one has actually gotten the waiver. Liggins might one day enroll at ole miss, but it won't be bc of a waiver. Morris might ultimately get one, who knows. But he hasn't at this point as you pointed out. Actually I don't give a crap if they get him or not, he's been there a couple of months and he's coming home? P****. Suck it up and stay for a year and see how it works out. The grandmother thing is a cop out. Tsun and us cant win w a bunch of them. Therefore they can have him.

MemphisDawg
09-24-2013, 08:19 PM
"I'm just saying that Snead didn't ultimately do much of anything to help Ole Miss. He was pretty good in 08 for them, ok. Then he was terrible."

Umm pretty sure they won back to back Cotton Bowls with him. So to say he was terrible and didn't help is pretty wrong.

smootness
09-24-2013, 08:24 PM
Bracky didnt even start with Compliance until about 2005...are we sure he handled that?

Yes, he transferred in 06.

Corey♥DemDawgs
09-25-2013, 12:32 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/db/SMU_Mustang_Logo.svg

It feels like 1980 around these parts...

:-)

Brilliant

sandwolf
09-25-2013, 01:05 AM
Exactly. Plus, with Bracky there's no way he would ever play the sick Great Grandmother card. It's more trouble than it's worth for us.

I understand the frustration with Bracky and everything, but don't be ridiculous......he is not preventing us from getting transfers.

smootness
09-25-2013, 08:13 AM
NM, I'm dumb.