PDA

View Full Version : College football Hall of Fame

Political Hack
10-13-2017, 07:51 AM
Went recently. Pretty good, but while there I learned about the eligibility requirements for being inducted. A players has to be a 1st team All-American to get in.

Dak will never get in. That's amazing to me. Joe Namath will never get in. That's even more amazing to me. In essence, if you weren't the best player at your position that year, you'll never get in. So if you happen to be a QB while Tim Tebow was playing, you're screwed.

I understand having some strict requirements, but that particular eligibility requirement is insane to me. Am I off here?

Other than that, the Hall is awesome. Definitely recommend it when you're in Atlanta. Great for kids and adults.

BrunswickDawg
10-13-2017, 08:00 AM
The upside of that policy is that it is keeping Shane Matthews and Deuce McAllister out of the CFB HOF!

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/05/college_football_hall_of_fame_10.html

ShotgunDawg
10-13-2017, 08:24 AM
Went recently. Pretty good, but while there I learned about the eligibility requirements for being inducted. A players has to be a 1st team All-American to get in.

Dak will never get in. That's amazing to me. Joe Namath will never get in. That's even more amazing to me. In essence, if you weren't the best player at your position that year, you'll never get in. So if you happen to be a QB while Tim Tebow was playing, you're screwed.

I understand having some strict requirements, but that particular eligibility requirement is insane to me. Am I off here?

Other than that, the Hall is awesome. Definitely recommend it when you're in Atlanta. Great for kids and adults.

They should really look into changing that rule because, like the Heisman Trophy voting, making players be All Americans only serves the national powers or teams from crappy conferences.

msstate7
10-13-2017, 08:43 AM
I love college football, but wasn?t a fan of the hall of fame. Maybe bc I had to buy 4 overpriced tix haha