PDA

View Full Version : Harbaugh makes 9 Million a year and is 1-4 against OSU and MSU

Jack Lambert
10-11-2017, 09:06 AM
He has not won their division and obviously has not made the B10 championship. He is in his third year. How long does he have before he is in trouble?

Hasu Dackds
10-11-2017, 09:14 AM
That's the downside to the huge salaries, I don't feel bad for him.

The problem is, he's got as long as he needs. If they fire him, they literally cannot upgrade. Doesn't matter though, he's gone 9-3 and 10-2, and probably will again this year. He didn't win big at Stanford until year 4. Just like anybody else, he's got to find a quarterback that isn't pure crap. I imagine he will find a way to beat Ohio State this year anyway and all will be well.

thf24
10-11-2017, 09:18 AM
His seat is surprisingly cool given his performance. Brady Hoke had the same overall record through 31 games, and one more win vs. MSU/OSU. I still think Harbaugh will get them rolling, but I feel like Michigan and their fanbase just assumed right off they'd hit the homerun of the century with him, and still haven't considered the possibility that it might not happen.

Hasu Dackds
10-11-2017, 09:24 AM
Brady Hoke had the same overall record through 31 games, and one more win vs. MSU/OSU.
Very misleading. There is a dirty little secret about Michigan that no one wants to discuss, and that is that Rich Rod actually had them primed for success there. Hoke made a living off RR's recruiting. Problem for Michigan is that they freaked out due to lowly Moo State blowing them off the field. Now Harbaugh is digging them out of Hoke's lack of recruiting.

RiverCityDawg
10-11-2017, 09:24 AM
Merlins to Michigan!!!1!1!!

msstate7
10-11-2017, 09:27 AM
Harbaugh was and is a homerun hire. Michigan will be pushing for playoff next season. They lost the most starters in the country last season

Dawg61
10-11-2017, 09:48 AM
Very misleading. There is a dirty little secret about Michigan that no one wants to discuss, and that is that Rich Rod actually had them primed for success there. Hoke made a living off RR's recruiting. Problem for Michigan is that they freaked out due to lowly Moo State blowing them off the field. Now Harbaugh is digging them out of Hoke's lack of recruiting.

Rich Rod was dead man walking before that bowl game vs us. Michigan's defense was atrocious under Rodriguez.

Johnson85
10-11-2017, 11:36 AM
He has not won their division and obviously has not made the B10 championship. He is in his third year. How long does he have before he is in trouble?

I suspect even at Michigan, if he is oscillating between 9-3 and 10-2, he will be safe for a long time. They migh have alumni grumbling, but the Big 10 is as good as it's been in a long time, so 9 and 10 wins there is respectable. Now if a dynamic arose where say OSU and PSU were consistently 1 and 2 in the conference, and Michigan was getting to 9-3 and 10-2 by consistently being the 3rd or 4th best team in the conference, that might change. But if there is shuffling at the top and he's not just getting dominated year in and out by the same two coaches, he's probably ok.

NCDawg
10-11-2017, 12:15 PM
We probably shouldn't cast too many stones. At least he is at 20%. We pay our coach 4.5M and he is 0%, or 0-8, against Alabama, and in all probability will be 0-9 after this year. But in regard to an earlier post, I don't see Harbaugh as a "home run hire". He's a pretty good coach, but not great in my opinion.

Activated Alpha
10-11-2017, 12:21 PM
Just give him time, Michigan will once again return to glory

QuadrupleOption
10-11-2017, 01:54 PM

If he's on pace to get 29-30 wins in three years, Hoke seems to have done okay in the recruiting realm.

sleepy dawg
10-11-2017, 02:20 PM
We probably shouldn't cast too many stones. At least he is at 20%. We pay our coach 4.5M and he is 0%, or 0-8, against Alabama, and in all probability will be 0-9 after this year. But in regard to an earlier post, I don't see Harbaugh as a "home run hire". He's a pretty good coach, but not great in my opinion.

Wtf kind of comparison is that and what relevance does it have to anything? That's as relevant as saying our coach is 100% vs Michigan. That has nothing to do with this topic other than you trying to find a way to take a shot at our coach in whatever way you can.

Commercecomet24
10-11-2017, 02:50 PM
Wtf kind of comparison is that and what relevance does it have to anything? That's as relevant as saying our coach is 100% vs Michigan. That has nothing to do with this topic other than you trying to find a way to take a shot at our coach in whatever way you can.

Right on!

TUSK
10-11-2017, 02:56 PM
MMDL is underpaid, even at $11M...

Dawg61
10-11-2017, 03:05 PM

NCDawg is not a Mullen fan. He's made that very clear the last two years.

NCDawg
10-11-2017, 03:22 PM
NCDawg is not a Mullen fan. He's made that very clear the last two years.

I was expecting to receive this type of feedback. You're probably right. I'm not as big of a Mullen fan as a lot of posters on this board. When he starts beating some of the teams "he is not supposed to beat", I will probably change my mind. I've been a State supporter for a long time, and would like to see us get back to Atlanta some day before I'm too old to go. Right now, I don't see it happening.

Bothrops
10-11-2017, 03:27 PM
So far their recruiting seems to be kinda, meh.

msstate7
10-11-2017, 03:37 PM
So far their recruiting seems to be kinda, meh.

Tough critic. Last year was Harbaugh?s first full recruiting class and it was #5 in the country

sleepy dawg
10-11-2017, 03:44 PM
I was expecting to receive this type of feedback. You're probably right. I'm not as big of a Mullen fan as a lot of posters on this board. When he starts beating some of the teams "he is not supposed to beat", I will probably change my mind. I've been a State supporter for a long time, and would like to see us get back to Atlanta some day before I'm too old to go. Right now, I don't see it happening.

Harbaugh has been to 0% SEC championships. Mullen is 100% vs. Michigan.

In 2017 Harbaugh has only won 5 games. Mullen has never had a season with less than 5 wins.

In 3 years at Michgan Harbaugh has done things. Mullen however, once was born.

apples and verbs.

QuadrupleOption
10-11-2017, 05:03 PM

Well it's a good thing you've set completely realistic expectations for Mullen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SEC_Championship_Game#Results

Dawg61
10-11-2017, 05:27 PM

I too am down on Mullen for having the worst winning percentage in the history of football vs top 15 teams but at the same time I am very grateful for Mullen having something like an .800% winning percentage vs teams he is favored over. The good Dan has done here far outweighs the bad record vs top teams. We can name a whole bunch more positives than the few negatives we can nitpick.

Commercecomet24
10-11-2017, 05:27 PM
Well it's a good thing you've set completely realistic expectations for Mullen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SEC_Championship_Game#Results

Spot on! Dan has beat everyone in the sec but bama. His sec record is 30-36, Jackie was 43-59 sec. bama sometimes loses a game a year. There?s a whole bunch of coaches with bad records against bama since Saban has been there.