PDA

View Full Version : Ranking the tough ones....

maroonmania
09-23-2013, 12:58 PM
Interested to see the opinions here on how you rank the winnability of the games we've pretty much written off as a lost cause (LSU, @SC, @TA&M, Bama). I think my list for potential winnability would be as follows:

1. @SC
2. LSU
3. @TA&M
4. Bama

Would be interested in how others view it?

bluelightstar
09-23-2013, 01:00 PM
LSU
@South Carolina
Bama
@A&M

from easiest to toughest

Political Hack
09-23-2013, 01:04 PM
1) LSU
2) @SC
3) @A&M
4) Bama
5) Oklahoma State

bocfarm
09-23-2013, 01:06 PM
LSU
Bama
@SC
@A&M

Eric Nies Grind Time
09-23-2013, 01:27 PM
Interested to see the opinions here on how you rank the winnability of the games we've pretty much written off as a lost cause (LSU, @SC, @TA&M, Bama). I think my list for potential winnability would be as follows:

1. @SC
2. LSU
3. @TA&M
4. Bama

Would be interested in how others view it?

I would put A&M as the most winnable. They have a bad defense and our defense is the strength of the team. So we should be able to put up 21+ points...and who knows, maybe Manziel has a bad day.

curmudgeon
09-23-2013, 01:30 PM
I would put A&M as the most winnable. They have a bad defense and our defense is the strength of the team. So we should be able to put up 21+ points...and who knows, maybe Manziel has a bad day.

I concur. A&M's defense is the worst in the league. If our defense can slow A&M down, we have a shot.

South Carolina and Bama are going to be tough, but I'm not sold that USC is unbeatable. We're going to beat LSU. Mullen has the fire and knows we need a gamechanger. We'll be 5-2 heading to Columbia.

Bubb Rubb
09-23-2013, 01:33 PM

I think A&M is the most difficult of the bunch. It's just a poor matchup for us. If we bring pressure, Manziel will scramble for big yards, and if we sit back in zone they will pick us apart.

Eric Nies Grind Time
09-23-2013, 01:35 PM
I don't think it is out of the question that with a good game plan we could put up 35 or so points. Whether that will be enough to win...who knows.

maroonmania
09-23-2013, 01:39 PM
I think A&M is the most difficult of the bunch. It's just a poor matchup for us. If we bring pressure, Manziel will scramble for big yards, and if we sit back in zone they will pick us apart.

I tend to agree and almost put Bama at home for 3 and @A&M on the road at 4. A&M is just a bad matchup for us and being on the road even makes it worse. LSU we just have a mental block against but the more I see SC (against GA and Vandy) the more I think we may have a shot there. The only bad thing is that they have Mizzou the week before us and an off week after us so they should be pretty focused on us when we go over there. I am glad we play them BEFORE the A&M trip because we should be fresher then than the next week at A&M.

starkvegasdawg
09-23-2013, 01:42 PM
I think LSU and Alabama are 1a and 1b and A&M and SC are 2a and 2b.

I have a hard time thinking we will beat LSU because we haven't done that once since I graduated high school and I'm getting ready to turn 40 next year. Alabama...no explanation needed. About our only chance with them is if the pregame meal they eat has some raw pork in it and they all develop the runs by midway through the first quarter.

If somebody can fold up JFF like a rag doll then I like our chances in that game. As someone else said, they have no defense and if Dak us runnign the show we should be able to score almost at will. USCe does not scare me as much as in years past but the game being on the road I think gives them a decided edge. Maybe if we can get Spurrier to throw his visor in disgust 3 or 4 times we may have a chance in it. I will say, regarding that list, if I had to rank the teams in order of which one I wish we could win the most it would go:

LSU
A&M
Alabama
USCe

drunkernhelldawg
09-23-2013, 02:01 PM
Unlike some years, we have a chance in all of them. No team is invincible this season. I'm like a lot of State fans thinking we're going to beat LSU. We've got the horses.

Barking 13
09-23-2013, 02:31 PM
depends on which coach shows up... ;)

It_Could_Happen
09-23-2013, 02:44 PM
LSU
@A&M
BAMA
@SC

If you dont believe me get on youtube and look up how rowdy SC gets. Ive been. Most intimidating place ive ever been.

sandwolf
09-23-2013, 03:31 PM
I have a hard time thinking we will beat LSU because we haven't done that once since I graduated high school and I'm getting ready to turn 40 next year.

Damn.....how old were you when you graduated high school?

Bullmutt
09-23-2013, 03:56 PM
LSU
S. Car.
Bama
A&M

Dannyripms
09-23-2013, 05:14 PM
Haha, that was funny. But in all seriousness I think we can beat USC, lsu, ATM, bama. In that order. If the coach shows up and actually done his homework, we could win 3 of those. If he has the balls to go all out.

maroonmania
09-23-2013, 05:25 PM
Haha, that was funny. But in all seriousness I think we can beat USC, lsu, ATM, bama. In that order. If the coach shows up and actually done his homework, we could win 3 of those. If he has the balls to go all out.

Heck, if someone told me right now we could go 1-3 in those 4 games I would take it in a heartbeat and be happy.

starkvegasdawg
09-24-2013, 08:50 AM
Damn.....how old were you when you graduated high school?

I was 18 when I graduated in 1992.

Eric Nies Grind Time
09-24-2013, 08:57 AM
We beat LSU when you were 25.

Jack Lambert
09-24-2013, 09:51 AM

I say start Wells at LB and tell him where ever Johnny goes you go.