PDA

View Full Version : Oregon State's Head Coach Resigns

TrapGame
10-09-2017, 04:01 PM
Did you hear that Hugh Freeze?!!

Your real dream job as head coach and mascot can come true!!!

Goldendawg
10-09-2017, 04:07 PM
I'll get the post over with. Dan to Oregon State.********

RocketDawg
10-09-2017, 04:12 PM
Did you hear that Hugh Freeze?!!

Your real dream job as head coach and mascot can come true!!!

He would be absolutely perfect for that job. He even looks like a beaver, and we know he likes same. Only problem is, the libs there might not put up with his apparent false Bible thumping.

AusTexDawg
10-09-2017, 04:12 PM
This is the most interesting part of this news: "[Oregon State Coach Gary] Andersen agreed to waive the remaining compensation in his contract, which adds up to $12,630,555. (https://www.buildingthedam.com/2017/10/9/16449488/gary-andersen-gave-up-12-6-million-dollars-to-leave-oregon-state-football-pac-12-coaching-search)" I'd be inclined to suspect something nefarious in this situation except a) Oregon State's record hasn't looked different than the latter part of the Mike Riley era, and b) Andersen was doing a good job as Bert's replacement at Wisconsin when he left Madison for Corvallis because it suited him better.

RocketDawg
10-09-2017, 04:15 PM
This is the most interesting part of this news: "[Oregon State Coach Gary] Andersen agreed to waive the remaining compensation in his contract, which adds up to $12,630,555. (https://www.buildingthedam.com/2017/10/9/16449488/gary-andersen-gave-up-12-6-million-dollars-to-leave-oregon-state-football-pac-12-coaching-search)" I'd be inclined to suspect something nefarious in this situation except a) Oregon State's record hasn't looked different than the latter part of the Mike Riley era, and b) Andersen was doing a good job as Bert's replacement at Wisconsin when he left Madison for Corvallis because it suited him better.

But why would he give up $12.6M? Is it because he's a nice guy? Something doesn't sound right, regardless of those exceptions.

AusTexDawg
10-09-2017, 04:30 PM
But why would he give up $12.6M? Is it because he's a nice guy? Something doesn't sound right, regardless of those exceptions.

It definitely is a head-scratcher. I could see someone being satisfied with a couple million to go away and not hold out for the whole amount. Other than the fact that his leaving Wisconsin showed that he approaches things differently than many/most would, I can't figure this one out - I wouldn't be surprised if it were something bad going on behind the scenes, but it would be a pleasant surprise if there isn't, especially after the reasons that some other coaches involuntarily left their jobs during the offseason.