preachermatt83
10-09-2017, 10:30 AM
Skip Holtz and Manny Diaz.

Goldendawg
10-09-2017, 10:32 AM
Meh.

Westdawg
10-09-2017, 10:34 AM
Skip might jump at it. But manny would be dumb to attempt it. It would be career suicide for him at this point.
I don't think OM realizes the level of toxicity on their program and athletic department as a whole right now. They need to lower the bar just a bit more. They are getting a bit more realistic in who they THINK might come though.

TrapGame
10-09-2017, 10:36 AM
That place will be a crap hole for college football for at least five years. I don't see anyone that has a "future" as bigger name coach taking the job. They will be wearing a straight jacket of NCAA rulings and well below average SEC recruiting rankings.

preachermatt83
10-09-2017, 10:36 AM
Yea it seems they are starting to realize they ain't getting some of the names they've thrown out there so now reality is setting in. Neither hire would be bad for their situation but no other SEC team would look at either of them right now.

Goldendawg
10-09-2017, 10:39 AM
Hear Peter Sirmon interviews extremely well and has SEC "experience"! Will probably be available very soon.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-09-2017, 10:40 AM

Manny Diaz finally moved back home. I doubt he would leave for this gig. If he did he would jump at the first opportunity to leave. He has proven to not be very loyal.

RocketDawg
10-09-2017, 10:48 AM
Manny Diaz finally moved back home. I doubt he would leave for this gig. If he did he would jump at the first opportunity to leave. He has proven to not be very loyal.

They would be crazy to hire him for those very reasons. Plus ... would he be ready to be an SEC head coach? I don't think so.

ShotgunDawg
10-09-2017, 10:51 AM
Skip Holtz would be a solid hire for them IMO.

He's for sure take it as he is kind of stuck at La Tech & could always get a similar job if he fails at OM.

He would also bring stability to that staff & an offensive scheme that gives them a punchers chance.

Hotlz is actually the best combination of a realistic name that is somewhat quality that I have heard.

It would be career suicide for Manny. Manny needs to take the UCF job after Frost leaves for Nebraska.

starkvegasdawg
10-09-2017, 10:52 AM
So Dungy turned them down?

TrapGame
10-09-2017, 11:02 AM
So Dungy turned them down?

Gruden hasn't returned their calls either.

TrapGame
10-09-2017, 11:05 AM

He's for sure take it as he is kind of stuck at La Tech & could always get a similar job if he fails at OM.

He would also bring stability to that staff & an offensive scheme that gives them a punchers chance.

Hotlz is actually the best combination of a realistic name that is somewhat quality that I have heard.

It would be career suicide for Manny. Manny needs to take the UCF job after Frost leaves for Nebraska.

How does Skip work with the Network?

parabrave
10-09-2017, 11:06 AM
Their coach of the week is now the guy from Troy. They're worse than Baskins Robbins.

Martianlander
10-09-2017, 11:15 AM
Bobby Hall?

TrapGame
10-09-2017, 11:23 AM
Their coach of the week is now the guy from Troy. They're worse than Baskins Robbins.

Well hell, he beat their real rival!**

Homedawg
10-09-2017, 11:29 AM

How would it be career suicide? He'd be a head coach for at least 4 years for at least 12 mil dollars. So if he fails he has a pocket full of money and can go back to being a DC. His job jumping hasnt kept him from getting a job so far.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
10-09-2017, 11:34 AM

NAFOOM has a seven page thread saying it will be Mike Leach. According to the jailhouse lawyers, ?we can and have done worse.? I have little doubt they will do worse again this time.

TrapGame
10-09-2017, 11:50 AM
NAFOOM has a seven page thread saying it will be Mike Leach. According to the jailhouse lawyers, ?we can and have done worse.? I have little doubt they will do worse again this time.

Leach will tell boosters and alums to 17 off without a second thought. They will run him off in two or three years. But, he ain't leaving Washington State for a NCAA raped ole miss.

Pollodawg
10-09-2017, 11:54 AM
I read a reb post a while back about Charlie Strong. Lol There's one really colorful reason the old folks up there won't hire Strong. That's even if he'd want that coaching graveyard.

LC Dawg
10-09-2017, 12:33 PM
They would be crazy to hire him for those very reasons. Plus ... would he be ready to be an SEC head coach? I don't think so.

The only thing SEC about the Ole Miss job for the next decade will be their opponents.

BeastMan
10-09-2017, 01:42 PM
After they get turned down 20x, they will go with an OM guy with HC experience: Jay Hopson.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-09-2017, 01:52 PM
After they get turned down 20x, they will go with an OM guy with HC experience: Jay Hopson.

This is who I think it will be.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-09-2017, 01:53 PM

Hmmm??? Where did you hear this from lol?

TrapGame
10-09-2017, 02:15 PM
USM's athletic budget is small. Even on probation and hit with sanctions OM's football budget will dwarf Southern's. Hopson would probably jump at the chance too.

Tripp McNeely
10-09-2017, 03:18 PM
USM's athletic budget is small. Even on probation and hit with sanctions OM's football budget will dwarf Southern's. Hopson would probably jump at the chance too.

Does he not ever want another shot at a power 5 job? If so, good thinking!

Tripp McNeely
10-09-2017, 03:19 PM
Has there been ANY "mutual interest" shown by a "candidate"?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-09-2017, 03:50 PM

Whoever they get, it's not going to shorten their NCAA doom. All it takes is one bad recruiting class and they will be chasing everyone else for several years. And they are looking at several bad recruiting classes. OUCH

Todd4State
10-09-2017, 04:41 PM
My guess would be either Hopson or Jack Bicknell their o-line coach who used to be the head coach at La Tech. I doubt they would hire Manny because of his ties to Dan.

SDDawg
10-09-2017, 04:57 PM
Either

BeastMan
10-09-2017, 05:03 PM
Hmmm??? Where did you hear this from lol?

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6UBil4zn1Tt03PI4/giphy.gif

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
10-09-2017, 06:22 PM
I don't know that Hopson would take it even though he's an OM guy. I'm thinking he's going to bide his time, build something at Southern and then try and be the coach that replaces their next coach. By then he'll be in his mid 50's. Jay could go back to OM, build them up a little after probation, have a little success and retire from there.

Bothrops
10-09-2017, 06:29 PM
Manny would probably love an interview, but there's no way he gets one. I think he'd love the chance at a P5 job, even though I don't think it'd work out for him long term. He's a coordinator.

Duckdog
10-09-2017, 06:37 PM
I heard Joe Montana

parabrave
10-09-2017, 06:48 PM

Just like Matt Luke did.

Apoplectic
10-09-2017, 07:15 PM
I would endorse ole Tommy Tubbervile

Ari Gold
10-09-2017, 08:41 PM
There's not going to be a successful cosch at a Power 5 taking that shit job.
Not sure any " up and coming " coach takes the job either.
See above... I think someone here called this about 8 months ago.. (me)
Tommy T. Would take it in a heart beat . He is all about a paycheck

And they aren't going to have much to choose from .. Good ****ing luck Shitbirds

Homedawg
10-09-2017, 08:54 PM
I don't know that Hopson would take it even though he's an OM guy. I'm thinking he's going to bide his time, build something at Southern and then try and be the coach that replaces their next coach. By then he'll be in his mid 50's. Jay could go back to OM, build them up a little after probation, have a little success and retire from there.
He'd take that job in a heart beat. And if wouldn't he's lost his mind.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
10-09-2017, 11:39 PM
He'll have lost his mind if he DOES take it if offered (within the next few years)....Jay's family has money - he doesn't need a big pay day. Like I said, if he can have some success at Southern then he might be able to parlay that into the OM job when they are coming off probation. He'll be on semi-solid ground then to start the rebuild. Anybody that takes that job within the next few years will be Matt Luke 2.0

Lord McBuckethead
10-10-2017, 12:03 AM
Skip might jump at it. But manny would be dumb to attempt it. It would be career suicide for him at this point.
I don't think OM realizes the level of toxicity on their program and athletic department as a whole right now. They need to lower the bar just a bit more. They are getting a bit more realistic in who they THINK might come though.

Maybe Sirmon?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-10-2017, 08:55 AM
Just had a non OM fan say he is hearing Chip Kelly. Surely not.

BB30
10-10-2017, 08:59 AM
They will be making a Croom like hire and will suffer the same 6-8 year drought we did if not longer. We just have to make sure and capitalize off of their handicap. We have to keep stability over the next several years IMO in order to do that.

sandwolf
10-10-2017, 09:44 AM
Jay's family has money - he doesn't need a big pay day.

Define 'has money'. You saying he has enough family money to where he wouldn't be worried about an additional $2.5 - $3 million dollars per year? Because he only makes $500k at Southern, and there are very few people around that are wealthy enough to leave that kind of money on the table. I don't know anything about the guy, but I'd be willing to bet that he would jump at the job, if offered.

was21
10-10-2017, 10:21 AM
His family doesn't have long money by any stretch. His father is a medical doctor who just retired. His brother is a state legislator or was. Hopson has had serious health problems and is probably glad to be alive

Percho
10-10-2017, 11:04 AM
Just had a non OM fan say he is hearing Chip Kelly. Surely not.

Chip figures they would buy him the players, needed.

TrapGame
10-10-2017, 11:14 AM
The confederates spent every year of Freeze's tenure pointing out Mullen was a Yankee and "not one of us" while recruiting.

And what do they do?

They want a Yankee from the same area of the country as Mullen to be their head coach.

msbulldog
10-10-2017, 12:37 PM
Mississippi is in about the same situation as when the fired Nutt and hired Freeze, sans NCAA sanction. They were turned down by 4 or 5 coaches then before they hired Freeze. The best they could do last offseason was a D3 coach for OC and a position coach they had to pay 1M+ for DC. They have a real good record for hiring coaches and I hate it for them*********.