PDA

View Full Version : Looks like we get the Cowboys on TV at 3:00 today

RocketDawg
10-08-2017, 11:22 AM
Hopefully they do better than they did last week.

DownwardDawg
10-08-2017, 12:41 PM
And hopefully no one watches it. #never again

But Go Dak!!!!

Coach007
10-08-2017, 12:48 PM
Love Dak, but will not watch. VP Pence left the Colts game when players kneeled during the NA today. I applaud that!

raymond21
10-08-2017, 12:57 PM
Hopefully they do better than they did last week.

If you live in central Ms and have Directv , you won’t get it. The fox channel has been blocked for a couple of weeks. Makes it much easier to boycott the NFL

DownwardDawg
10-08-2017, 01:04 PM
Love Dak, but will not watch. VP Pence left the Colts game when players kneeled during the NA today. I applaud that!

That is awesome!!!

bluelightstar
10-08-2017, 01:06 PM
here we go again

Quaoarsking
10-08-2017, 01:55 PM

You are proud of a shameless publicity stunt? Obviously he knew players would kneel and planned "leaving" in advance.

yjnkdawg
10-08-2017, 03:08 PM
If you live in central Ms and have Directv , you won?t get it. The fox channel has been blocked for a couple of weeks. Makes it much easier to boycott the NFL

Same for Uverse. Fox 40's parent company wants more money from Directv and Uverse (AT&T).

maroonmania
10-08-2017, 03:33 PM
Man, hard to believe the Dallas OL could have declined this much but they suck right now.

maroonmania
10-08-2017, 03:38 PM
Dak looks on today. Beautiful pass both to Dez for the TD (that was dropped) and to Beasley for the TD (that was caught).

msbulldog
10-08-2017, 03:45 PM
17 the kneeler's, I'm gonna watch me some Dak. Plus my operations manager is a Wisconsin cheese head mf and I want Green Bay to go down real bad!

RocketDawg
10-08-2017, 03:46 PM
Man, hard to believe the Dallas OL could have declined this much but they suck right now.

The OL and the entire defense.

RocketDawg
10-08-2017, 03:47 PM
Same for Uverse. Fox 40's parent company wants more money from Directv and Uverse (AT&T).

Can you not get it over the air? Just takes rabbit ears usually. And isn't there a station in Meridian as well as Jackson?

RocketDawg
10-08-2017, 03:48 PM
Dak looks on today. Beautiful pass both to Dez for the TD (that was dropped) and to Beasley for the TD (that was caught).

The penalty that lead to the TD was bogus though.

msbulldog
10-08-2017, 03:48 PM
17 the kneeler's, I'm gonna watch me some Dak. Plus my operations manager is a Wisconsin cheese head mf and I want Green Bay to go down real bad!

matter of fact, I always make it a point to tell him the greatest Green Bay players are southern boys Bart Starr and Bret Farve!

was21
10-08-2017, 03:50 PM
Dak's on the mark today so far.

Dawgface
10-08-2017, 03:51 PM
You are proud of a shameless publicity stunt? Obviously he knew players would kneel and planned "leaving" in advance.

But you're ok with the kneelers publicity stunt. Nice.

RocketDawg
10-08-2017, 03:58 PM
This is shaping up to be one of if not the best game Dak's ever had.

Bdawg
10-08-2017, 04:10 PM

Who the hell would take the time to go to a game planning on leaving. If I were him I would hope like hell they wouldn't kneel so I could enjoy a game. But I think it's the right move to leave in honor of the people who defend your freedom.

Bdawg
10-08-2017, 04:12 PM
The penalty that lead to the TD was bogus though.

Total crap call

Commercecomet24
10-08-2017, 04:17 PM
Dak is a really good qb for a backup TE

BulldogDX55
10-08-2017, 04:17 PM
Who the hell would take the time to go to a game planning on leaving. If I were him I would hope like hell they wouldn't kneel so I could enjoy a game. But I think it's the right move to leave in honor of the people who defend your freedom.

A politician? They were playing SF. He knew what would happen.

was21
10-08-2017, 04:23 PM
Wonder if he let the gate him in the ass as he walked out....politics and publicity stunts and other BS are not going to affect my NFL Sunday afternoon

RocketDawg
10-08-2017, 04:28 PM
Wonder if he let the gate him in the ass as he walked out....politics and publicity stunts and other BS are not going to affect my NFL Sunday afternoon

I'm usually tired of football after spending most of the day and evening on Saturday watching, so I don't watch much NFL, but I'll watch Dak regardless. Normally, my NFL viewing is limited to the playoffs but not last year nor this year when the Cowboys are available.

was21
10-08-2017, 04:58 PM
Actually I agree with you and I pretty much have done the same for a long time with a college football hangover...I'm actually a Dak Sunday afternoon fan more than an NFL fan. Have given it a lot of thought and don't believe these guys are trying to disrespect the flag and all. This country is so damn polarized it's ridiculous....life is short..live it

Bdawg
10-08-2017, 05:05 PM
A politician? They were playing SF. He knew what would happen.

Should have walked out anyway. Don't care who it was. Find another way to protest that doesn't disrespect your country.

BeardoMSU
10-08-2017, 05:31 PM

Boom.

RocketDawg
10-08-2017, 05:33 PM
Dallas needs to wake up. Can't just play half a game and win.

maroonmania
10-08-2017, 05:35 PM
Actually I agree with you and I pretty much have done the same for a long time with a college football hangover...I'm actually a Dak Sunday afternoon fan more than an NFL fan. Have given it a lot of thought and don't believe these guys are trying to disrespect the flag and all. This country is so damn polarized it's ridiculous....life is short..live it

After all of this National Anthem crap I watch Dak's games and that is it. The rest of them can all go fly a kite because I'm not watching and I sure wouldn't go to a game right now.

Dawgowar
10-08-2017, 05:42 PM
When I can't watch a product on TV solely for entertainment, it is no longer something I wish to exert myself to watch. The game resembles an all offense playstation game and leadership of the league is inept if not corrupt.

Have plenty of political views but they don't matter here. Truth is I can list plenty of reasons why I don't make my Sunday's all day football tests any longer. The kneeling is just icing on the cake in my doing other things.

I watch the Cowboys and Dak. Anything else is just a 'Meh'.

RocketDawg
10-08-2017, 05:53 PM
Good grief ... a pick 6.

was21
10-08-2017, 05:56 PM
Dallas has plenty of time to get it back

Quaoarsking
10-08-2017, 06:01 PM
But you're ok with the kneelers publicity stunt. Nice.

I would prefer they didn't. I also hold the GD vice president of the United States to a higher standard than I hold some random celebrities and expect the office to be above transparent silly publicity stunts. Anyone who thinks this wasn't preplanned is shockingly naive.

RocketDawg
10-08-2017, 06:05 PM
I'm sure that was Dak's first NFL interception for a TD. I don't remember him ever having one at State. Did he?

Quaoarsking
10-08-2017, 06:07 PM
I'm sure that was Dak's first NFL interception for a TD. I don't remember him ever having one at State. Did he?

He had 1 in the 2015 Egg Bowl debacle. Can't remember others off the top of my head.

RocketDawg
10-08-2017, 06:20 PM
That's the first time I ever saw Dak spike the ball .... :)

RocketDawg
10-08-2017, 06:21 PM
Time now for prevent defense ... and a field goal to tie the game.

Mike Pence
10-08-2017, 06:26 PM
I would prefer they didn't. I also hold the GD vice president of the United States to a higher standard than I hold some random celebrities and expect the office to be above transparent silly publicity stunts. Anyone who thinks this wasn't preplanned is shockingly naive.

It wasn't a got damned publicity stunt. As Vice MF'n Prez, I'm not going to stand for this kneeling shit. You can blow me fake news head ass.

RocketDawg
10-08-2017, 06:28 PM
Dak scored too soon.

starkvegasdawg
10-08-2017, 06:28 PM
Time now for prevent defense ... and a field goal to tie the game.

You were half right.

RocketDawg
10-08-2017, 06:29 PM
You were half right.

I about the farthest thing from a football coach, but I don't think I've ever seen the prevent defense work as planned.

Commercecomet24
10-08-2017, 06:30 PM
Dallas defense sucks. 2 weeks in a row they couldn?t hold a lead.

Bully13
10-08-2017, 06:31 PM
I about the farthest thing from a football coach, but I don't think I've ever seen the prevent defense work as planned.

And the best argument against it I've ever heard came from the mouth of Bobby Knight.

Bully13
10-08-2017, 06:38 PM
Shoulda gone play action on that 4 & 1. I get sick of seeing 9-10 in the box and not having a creative offensive answer when the D is loading for the run. total brainless and ball less.

maroonmania
10-08-2017, 07:33 PM
Dallas defense sucks. 2 weeks in a row they couldn?t hold a lead.

I essentially felt like I watched a replay of the Cowboys-Packers playoff game from last year. Cowboys should have run one more up the middle and then had Prescott pull the ball for the run. They needed to take at least 30 more seconds off the clock. When they didn't it was an almost guaranteed OT and 50/50 that GB would go down for the winning TD.

State82
10-08-2017, 07:34 PM
Until Jerry fires Peter Sirmon as his DC there will be no use in watching the Cowboys any longer. Unless Dak can go both ways. That's abysmal. Worse than abysmal.

BeardoMSU
10-08-2017, 07:37 PM
The defense is horrible, but they are replacing all 4 secondary players, so it's it like this wasn't expected.

Commercecomet24
10-08-2017, 07:38 PM
I essentially felt like I watched a replay of the Cowboys-Packers playoff game from last year. Cowboys should have run one more up the middle and then had Prescott pull the ball for the run. They needed to take at least 30 more seconds off the clock. When they didn't it was an almost guaranteed OT and 50/50 that GB would go down for the winning TD.

Yep. I knew when they left more than a minute on the clock it was over. The Dallas defense is the worst. Dallas should just go for it on every fourth down cause that defense aint stoping anyone.

Commercecomet24
10-08-2017, 07:39 PM
The defense is horrible, but they are replacing all 4 secondary players, so it's it like this wasn't expected.

Not really. Scandrick is still there and so is Byron Jones.

mparkerfd20
10-08-2017, 08:52 PM
They are now the Allas Cowboys. There is no D is Allas.

BeardoMSU
10-08-2017, 08:52 PM
Not really. Scandrick is still there and so is Byron Jones.

Were they starters last year, though? I know Carr and Mo were the starting CB's? I'm sure Scandrick was in the 2 deep; not sure about Jones.

Still though....that secondary is hot garbage.

Bully13
10-08-2017, 08:55 PM
One thing that just rips at my gut more than anything is when an offensive play is called where its not only what the defense is expecting but are WANTING you to to do. I know, early on in a game you have to set a precedent. You have to set an "early tone". That's how you put the opponent in a vulnerable situation towards the later and more important elements of the game.

when the game is on the line, you don't walk straight into a spider's web like a dumbass insect. and that is what jason garrett did. it's also what O did towards the end of the UF game. one came out a winner, the other came out a loser.

I think both could have done better.

Commercecomet24
10-08-2017, 08:59 PM
Were they starters last year, though? I know Carr and Mo were the starting CB's? I'm sure Scandrick was in the 2 deep; not sure about Jones.

Still though....that secondary is hot garbage.

Yeah both were starters. Scandrick missed some time with injury but both were starters. And you?re right they absolutely are garbage. They keep getting leads and they can?t stop anyone. Sad and pathetic