PDA

View Full Version : A&M/Bama

RocketDawg
10-07-2017, 06:36 PM
A&M is wearing white helmets. Is that the kiss of death?

Liverpooldawg
10-07-2017, 06:39 PM
A&M is wearing white helmets. Is that the kiss of death?

They could wear Darth Vader helmets complete with the force and it probabaly wouldn't matter.

Liverpooldawg
10-07-2017, 06:42 PM
Kid that batted the ball may have to walk home. Bama had that on the 10.

TUSK
10-07-2017, 06:52 PM
Dang, where my REC refs??? (and I never, ever comment on refs)....

cuspid
10-07-2017, 06:58 PM
Was really counting on aTm imploding by the time we went there but they are rallying behind mond. Need better SEC officiating to have a fair shot

TUSK
10-07-2017, 07:09 PM
Was really counting on aTm imploding by the time we went there but they are rallying behind mond. Need better SEC officiating to have a fair shot

thus far "better" officiating would likely hurt A&M...

ShotgunDawg
10-07-2017, 07:13 PM
Wow.... amazing how the officials call the game correctly when Bama is playing.

You can tell that letting the fumble go was an emphasis this week for the SEC. amazing how it works. Sheesh

RocketDawg
10-07-2017, 07:16 PM
Dang, where my REC refs??? (and I never, ever comment on refs)....

Yeah, there actually have been a couple of calls against Alabama. That's virtually unprecedented. **

TUSK
10-07-2017, 07:17 PM
Yeah, there actually have been a couple of calls against Alabama. That's virtually unprecedented. **

I especially liked the PI call where the ball landed in Houston.*

ShotgunDawg
10-07-2017, 07:24 PM
If Hurts' first option isn't there, he runs every time.

If this is Bama's QB development, then the kid literally ruined any chance of having an NFL career by going there.

cuspid
10-07-2017, 07:27 PM
Hurts will be fine. If Bama can't get calls it will be a long night for the dawgs

TUSK
10-07-2017, 07:27 PM

If this is Bama's QB development, then the kid literally ruined any chance of having an NFL career by going there.

not always... he's gone to a 2nd a few times this year.... and overall, he's improved as a passer since his POY Frosh year...

I never really saw him as a bigtime draft pick anyway... we'll likely have em for 4 years.

But, you are right that he is quick to run... and I'm ok with that... it seems to work.

Leroy Jenkins
10-07-2017, 07:30 PM

SaBear’s goal is probably to win nattys, not prepare people for other careers. I’d like a little of that attitude.

TUSK
10-07-2017, 07:32 PM
SaBear’s goal is probably to win nattys, not prepare people for other careers. I’d like a little of that attitude.

exactly... we ain't payin' Him $11M a year to send guys to the NFL... but he still does a great job of that, as well...

RocketDawg
10-07-2017, 07:32 PM
I especially liked the PI call where the ball landed in Houston.*

Gotta admit that one was interesting.

RocketDawg
10-07-2017, 07:34 PM
Damian Harris just earned his signing bonus with that run.

TUSK
10-07-2017, 07:36 PM
Damian Harris just earned his signing bonus with that run.

He's really fun to watch and continually surprises me... reminds me a lil of Ingram....

ShotgunDawg
10-07-2017, 07:36 PM

I totally agree with you. However, it does beg the question, why would a top QB go there?

Is winning a natty more important than preparing and developing yourself for the NFL?

The truth is that Saban will never give any QB the latitude and responsibility to properly develop and prepare the player for the NFL.

Bama has so much talent, that they would never need to give a player Dak like responsibility.

The key to being a quality NFL QB is learning to be the difference in a league where all the teams have virtually similar core talent.

How would a Bama QB ever know how to operate in that environment when they've ALWAYS got significantly more talent than anyone they play.

TUSK
10-07-2017, 07:39 PM
I totally agree with you. However, it does beg the question, why would a top QB go there?

Is winning a natty more important than preparing and developing yourself for the NFL?

The truth is the Saban will never give any QB and latitude and responsibility to properly develop and prepare the player for the NFL.

Bama has so much talent, that they would never need to give a player Dak like responsibility.

I'm down with that... but ya gotta admit we've come a long way from having only "game managers" like Barker, McElroy, Wilson, et al....

Hurts is a great fit for our process and gives us an added dimension... and we really don't get rockstar QB recruits with any frequency (that hang around long)...

bulldawg28
10-07-2017, 07:40 PM
Davis and Simmons would have been NASTY at the DL spot. I know people were saying he was a projected OT during his recruitment. Stupid stupid I hope our coaches didn't tell him that

Drugdog
10-07-2017, 07:40 PM
Slight hijack: Canes beat Free Shoes University on a last second play, and the Sooners go down.

ShotgunDawg
10-07-2017, 07:41 PM
I'm down with that... but ya gotta admit we've come a long way from having only "game managers" like Barker, McElroy, Wilson, et al....

Hurts is a great fit for our process and gives us an added dimension... and we really don't get rockstar QB recruits with any frequency (that hang around long)...

You've changed the style of QB you recruit, but I'm not really sure it's any better. Is Hurts a better passer than McElroy? I'm not sure.

Basically, by changing the style of QB he recruited, Saban was able to double down on his risk averse offense because he now had a QB that could run it instead of throw it in the 3rd row.

The actual development towards being an NFL QB is the same... below average

Drugdog
10-07-2017, 07:43 PM
Also just not comfortable with guys leading yell practice, whatever that is. Just an odd group at aTm. I prefer hot girls in cheerleader outfits, but that's just me.

TUSK
10-07-2017, 07:47 PM
You've changed the style of QB you recruit, but I'm not really sure it's any better. Is Hurts a better passer than McElroy? I'm not sure.

at the same point in their respective careers, Hurts is a lot better than Mac was... but it's gonna be really hard for Hurts to top Mac's '10 individual season when we went 10-3...

TUSK
10-07-2017, 07:47 PM
Also just not comfortable with guys leading yell practice, whatever that is. Just an odd group at aTm. I prefer hot girls in cheerleader outfits, but that's just me.

No.

It's not just you.

RocketDawg
10-07-2017, 07:55 PM

We have a few male cheerleaders too, but nobody ever notices them. Their sole purpose is to throw the girls in the air and catch them.

I'm kinda surprised Titile IX or whatever it is hasn't jumped A&M for having all male cheerleaders.

Skydawg1
10-07-2017, 08:14 PM
I'm kinda surprised Titile IX or whatever it is hasn't jumped A&M for having all male cheerleaders.They identify as females so it's all good.

TUSK
10-07-2017, 08:30 PM
They identify as females so it's all good.

After tonight, the football team will be able to ID as females, too.

Drugdog
10-07-2017, 08:33 PM
After tonight, the football team will be able to ID as females, too.

Rep given.

TUSK
10-07-2017, 08:34 PM
Rep given.

Thanks, buddy!

Drugdog
10-07-2017, 08:35 PM
Tusk, I think it will come down to Clemson v Bama III for the NC. Haven't seen any better teams than these two.

TUSK
10-07-2017, 08:44 PM
Tusk, I think it will come down to Clemson v Bama III for the NC. Haven't seen any better teams than these two.

That's the most likely matchup, for certain...

If I had to guess the line, it'd be 5-8 points....

There may be some teams that get in the CFP, that wish they hadn't...

TrapGame
10-07-2017, 08:46 PM
It really looks like Bama has brought their C game tonight...

...and they're still gonna roll over A&M.

TUSK
10-07-2017, 08:49 PM
It really looks like Bama has brought their C game tonight...

...and they're still gonna roll over A&M.

Offense C
Defense B

we need a 20 point win on the road to keep these cats from getting complacent....*

RocketDawg
10-07-2017, 09:08 PM
When this is over, Bama's gonna know they were in a game.

DownwardDawg
10-07-2017, 09:09 PM
Wow. They have dominated Bama in the 2nd half. Will it be enough???

ScoobaDawg
10-07-2017, 09:10 PM
Blocked punt for a safety... 24-12..
No way Bama loses but it's getting a little more interesting..

DownwardDawg
10-07-2017, 09:10 PM
Right now I'd say UGA is the best team in the sec.

ScoobaDawg
10-07-2017, 09:12 PM

I might have to agree with you. That defense is damn good. Bama will respond after this test and coast to the Iron bowl. Auburn has a good defense but today showed not as good as thought against a good passer.

ScoobaDawg
10-07-2017, 09:13 PM
Bama getting a pass int call against them??? whats going on...

RocketDawg
10-07-2017, 09:16 PM
Not a great offensive series for A&M. Bama can pretty much take their time, get a couple of first downs, and run the clock out.

Liverpooldawg
10-07-2017, 09:17 PM
A&M ain't no dumpster fire. That's going to. be a tough game for us.

TUSK
10-07-2017, 09:18 PM
Bammer is banged up... bad... we got guys in there I've not heard of...

Just need to survive to get to the open date...

ScoobaDawg
10-07-2017, 09:18 PM
That was just stupid.. you give up on the drive after 2nd down gets you a sack. You are down 2 touchdowns and less than 8 minutes left. So you then take a delay of game and its 3rd and 31 and you run it.. wasting over 30 seconds. You need all the time you can get...

RocketDawg
10-07-2017, 09:19 PM
A&M ain't no dumpster fire. That's going to. be a tough game for us.

Let's hope they're playing well above their heads tonight.

TUSK
10-07-2017, 09:21 PM

http://share.gifyoutube.com/yA0LJr.gif

RocketDawg
10-07-2017, 09:22 PM
The graphic: "How does Oklahoma loss EFFECT Ohio State".

You'd think they'd have writers at ESPN that knew the difference in Affect and Effect .... Geez ....

RocketDawg
10-07-2017, 09:24 PM
Big time PI ....

But it saved a TD and only costs 15 yards. PI should go back to a spot foul in college.

Saltydog
10-07-2017, 09:30 PM
better than that........Honestly, it wouldn't totally shock me if they lost to Auburn or UGA either one......When Hurts has to pass, they are vulnerable....

DownwardDawg
10-07-2017, 09:31 PM
Big time PI ....

But it saved a TD and only costs 15 yards. PI should go back to a spot foul in college.

Good God no!!!! Dumbest rule in the NFL. It should be just like it is now in college.

Commercecomet24
10-07-2017, 09:33 PM
Let's hope they're playing well above their heads tonight.

I think youre right. Looks like they shooting their wad tonight and still can?t stop the run.

RocketDawg
10-07-2017, 09:34 PM
Good God no!!!! Dumbest rule in the NFL. It should be just like it is now in college.

I don't know when it changed, but it used to be a spot foul in college. I'll guess around 1985, but it could have been before that. As it is now, a defender can tackle a receiver before the ball gets there and only get 15 yards. That should be more penal, in my opinion. I don't really think intentional interference should be a strategy.

RocketDawg
10-07-2017, 09:35 PM
Hmmm ... getting interesting again. Good catch in double coverage. Too little too late though. Unless they get a two pointer, then recover an onside ....

Commercecomet24
10-07-2017, 09:36 PM
I don't know when it changed, but it used to be a spot foul in college. I'll guess around 1985, but it could have been before that. As it is now, a defender can tackle a receiver before the ball gets there and only get 15 yards. That should be more penal, in my opinion. I don't really think intentional interference should be a strategy.

More penal? Now thats going to far the other way lol

RocketDawg
10-07-2017, 09:37 PM
I wonder if the end result of tonight will be to have Clemson ranked #1 tomorrow? They didn't win big today, but bigger than this.

RocketDawg
10-07-2017, 09:38 PM
More penal? Now thats going to far the other way lol

Haha. You were around in the old days weren't you?

Commercecomet24
10-07-2017, 09:40 PM
Haha. You were around in the old days weren't you?

Yep. True that.

TUSK
10-07-2017, 09:46 PM
I wonder if the end result of tonight will be to have Clemson ranked #1 tomorrow? They didn't win big today, but bigger than this.

0 chance... but I'd love to see it....

Liverpooldawg
10-07-2017, 09:58 PM

Clemson didn't set the world on fire against Wake today. No chance.