PDA

View Full Version : Matt Luke should have turned down that job

dotcomdawg
10-07-2017, 12:12 PM
His career is over, now.

Lord McBuckethead
10-07-2017, 12:23 PM
Yep. In this entire situation, I feel the worst for the sorostitutes that gave countless # of BJs and 17s for this effort. They deserve better.

Lord McBuckethead
10-07-2017, 12:26 PM
Patterson is ready to transfer as of now. Guy looks like it is all about him out there.

Spiderman
10-07-2017, 06:06 PM
His career is over, now.

90% or better Luke is on the staff at OM next year in some capacity, or he is back with Cut

RocketDawg
10-07-2017, 06:14 PM
He's getting paid $1.2M, I think, and may very well be unemployable after this year's over. He'll be financially set for a while assuming he's prudent. So taking the job, regardless of how frustrating, may have been a good move.

AlmostPositive
10-07-2017, 06:19 PM
The last three ex-coaches at OM are and will be utterly unemployable at anything close to their pre-firing level. (Probably should have been last four, but LSU gonna LSU.)

Liverpooldawg
10-07-2017, 06:38 PM
He's getting paid $1.2M, I think, and may very well be unemployable after this year's over. He'll be financially set for a while assuming he's prudent. So taking the job, regardless of how frustrating, may have been a good move.

It was a good move for him. He isn't head coaching material so this was his one and only shot. As you point out, he may never coach again no matter how well he does.

Bully13
10-07-2017, 07:22 PM
Luke had no business taking a SEC HC job. nor did an AD have any business offering. tsun looked decent vs the 1st 2 cupcakes and had the lead vs CAL then fell apart. a decent HC brings their team together to get them ready and play tough and shake it off. they were not prepared for bamer and allbarn. they are now a team that cannot handle getting hit in the mouth. they have no motivation, desire or give a 17 at this point. Luke couldn't have been put in a worse situation though.

Spiderman
10-07-2017, 07:31 PM
Luke had no business taking a SEC HC job. nor did an AD have any business offering. tsun looked decent vs the 1st 2 cupcakes and had the lead vs CAL then fell apart. a decent HC brings their team together to get them ready and play tough and shake it off. they were not prepared for bamer and allbarn. they are now a team that cannot handle getting hit in the mouth. they have no motivation, desire or give a 17 at this point. Luke couldn't have been put in a worse situation though.

Agree, but who else were they gonna get? Their $1 million DC? Most places yes, that has a legit $1 million coordinator, but them paying McGriff a million is still hilarious to me

Goldendawg
10-07-2017, 08:25 PM
Now lead sports story on MSN sports: UNM releases notice for opening for head FB coach during AU-UNM game. Typical lack of class and especially toward Luke, the lame duck.

Bully13
10-07-2017, 10:05 PM
Now lead sports story on MSN sports: UNM releases notice for opening for head FB coach during AU-UNM game. Typical lack of class and especially toward Luke, the lame duck.
Yep

parabrave
10-08-2017, 02:41 AM
I've known Matt since he was a kid. He should've never left Cut.

Johnson85
10-08-2017, 07:24 AM
His career is over, now.

Nah. He's getting 1.4 this year and I assume will get a little bit of a payout if they don't keep him for next year.

And it hasn't really hurt his job prospects. He can go get be a position coach at a small school or a off field position somewhere or cut may pick him up or worst case scenario, he can go coach Juco. I don't think that's any different than it would have been if he hadn't taken the job. I think the NCAA investigation had already ended his chances at another power 5 OL coachposition. So he is going to pocket $800k or more for one year of embarrassment. Not a bad decision at all.

louisvilledawg
10-09-2017, 08:54 AM
Patterson is ready to transfer as of now. Guy looks like it is all about him out there.

Speaking of, did y'all see Jim Shute pleading with Shea's girlfriend on twitter imploring her to talk Shea into staying?? That dude is a stage 5 clinger. He's crazy.

Rick Danko
10-09-2017, 09:05 AM
Speaking of, did y'all see Jim Shute pleading with Shea's girlfriend on twitter imploring her to talk Shea into staying?? That dude is a stage 5 clinger. He's crazy.

There is something seriously wrong with that guy...

thf24
10-09-2017, 09:20 AM
I feel like it actually may have helped his career. I don't think anyone is going to hold this situation against him, and he and others can see that he needs a good deal more time before he's ready to be a head coach.

sandwolf
10-09-2017, 10:27 AM
I think the NCAA investigation had already ended his chances at another power 5 OL coachposition.

I don't think that he was charged with anything by the NCAA, so if he doesn't get another power 5 job, it won't be because of the investigation.

Jack Lambert
10-09-2017, 10:52 AM
Nah. He's getting 1.4 this year and I assume will get a little bit of a payout if they don't keep him for next year.

And it hasn't really hurt his job prospects. He can go get be a position coach at a small school or a off field position somewhere or cut may pick him up or worst case scenario, he can go coach Juco. I don't think that's any different than it would have been if he hadn't taken the job. I think the NCAA investigation had already ended his chances at another power 5 OL coachposition. So he is going to pocket $800k or more for one year of embarrassment. Not a bad decision at all.

Would you swap him for Hev?

Goldendawg
10-09-2017, 11:11 AM
Don't forget Hev got Dak for us. Dan to coach OL. Hev to QB Whisperer.*******

Mimi's Babies
10-09-2017, 12:31 PM

Please send a link of the post through pm. Someone needs to INVESTIGATE Shute for sure. Thank you.