PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: We Can't Lose Edition

BeastMan
10-06-2017, 03:24 PM
The Dogs are off this week and I'm sure that means our posters will be in the woods, on the water, and on the grill. I envision some good stuff this weekend. I'm not sure what I'll do yet but I'm cooking something tomorrow night.

SpeckleDawg
10-06-2017, 05:00 PM
will be in the woods

That was the plan, but Nate decided to be a dick. Hanging at the house after doing a little prep here and at the office. I?ll throw something on the grill soon. Enjoying a cold beer and the nice weather now.

SpeckleDawg
10-06-2017, 05:58 PM
Chicken skewers and a little boudin on the grill. Variety of beers.

https://s1.postimg.org/56kwsfxf7j/99235_B2_A-042_F-4_F3_B-_BC58-_F37_CB135_A8_EC.jpg

BeastMan
10-06-2017, 06:01 PM
That was the plan, but Nate decided to be a dick. Hanging at the house after doing a little prep here and at the office. I?ll throw something on the grill soon. Enjoying a cold beer and the nice weather now.

Ya my dad is on a pheasant hunt in South Dakota but had to run down and move the boat from Bay Marina to be safe.

SaintDawg
10-06-2017, 06:05 PM
Boilin shrimp, slow-rollin a butt and plenty of liquor. Prob watch it rain some. Got a 3 day weekend.

BoomBoom
10-06-2017, 10:48 PM
The Dogs are off this week and I'm sure that means our posters will be in the woods, on the water, and on the grill. I envision some good stuff this weekend. I'm not sure what I'll do yet but I'm cooking something tomorrow night.

Riding out Nate. Eating all the perishables (bacon, sausage), drinking 4 Roses Small Batch, maybe making some Old Fashioneds with Rittenhouse rye.

Uncle Ruckus
10-06-2017, 10:54 PM
French toast all weekend from all this bread and milk we stocked up on

BeastMan
10-07-2017, 08:59 AM
Y’all Coast Dogs keep safe. I’m assuming anything north of I-10 is good.

I got some “fresh frozen” field peas from a food rep that I threw in the crock pot with some bacon and beef trimmings. The rep’s selling point was how these frozen peas still had some green on them and other frozen black-eyed or field peas don’t because they’re dehydrated before they’re frozen. He claims these “fresh frozen” peas will pass for fresh 100% of the time.

BeastMan
10-07-2017, 05:58 PM
Just cut up an Octoberfest cheese sampler that had smoked cheddar, butterkase, and red rind Munster. White cans. I scored a bottle of Buffalo Trace today so might have that later tonight.

Howboutdemdogs
10-07-2017, 08:16 PM
Smoked a ham for Sunday dinner. We just had home made shrimp fajitas tonight with Corona Light and lime.