PDA

View Full Version : So UM only teaches their WR to run a few routes

Lord McBuckethead
10-06-2017, 01:04 PM
And run to the open areas of the field. Simplistic I know.

I rarely see our wrs open and running crisp routes. Why is that?
Couch has the tools, but just doesn't show out on the field. Gray would be nasty in the slot, he stays on the outside and is covered up almost every play. Since he isn't producing on the outside, why not let him go inside?

Bully13
10-06-2017, 01:25 PM
And run to the open areas of the field. Simplistic I know.

I rarely see our wrs open and running crisp routes. Why is that?
Couch has the tools, but just doesn't show out on the field. Gray would be nasty in the slot, he stays on the outside and is covered up almost every play. Since he isn't producing on the outside, why not let him go inside?

is Gray the guy making those one handed catches out of the tires? they looked like they were coming in fast too

thf24
10-06-2017, 01:31 PM
is Gray the guy making those one handed catches out of the tires? they looked like they were coming in fast too

Yeah, he's got excellent hands. His problem is getting far enough away from the guy covering him to put those hands to use.

Coldsleeve Jr.
10-06-2017, 01:33 PM
Precisely why Treadwell has 6 career NFL catches through 1.25 seasons.

Liverpooldawg
10-06-2017, 01:34 PM
Precisely why Treadwell has 6 career NFL catches through 1.25 seasons.

I loved the quote from him where he said he didn't know what a route tree was till he got to the pros.

BuckyIsAB****
10-07-2017, 02:30 AM
Our offense is 10x more complicated than OM's is.

Reason2succeed
10-07-2017, 04:11 AM
On one hand coaches ought to prepare players for the NFL should they make it. But on the other hand according to the NFL NCAA CFB is not a developmental league for the NFL. Therefore the coaches only concerns are the players and the fanbase. If the players are willing to sign with coaches who are not going to prepare them for the next level of football that is their own fault. The coaches only goal then is to win games so why not make it as simple as possible. Last I checked OM has two wins over Bama and we haven't been in sniffing distance. (And I know that's no the only metric to judge by because OM still thoroughly sucks.)