10-05-2017, 10:02 PM
Good Lord

Commercecomet24
10-05-2017, 10:03 PM
So glad he?s gone

Hasu Dackds
10-05-2017, 10:26 PM
So glad he?s gone

Doeren went into the Stans Stall and will end up making me look bad. Coaches can really do some stupid shizz

CJDAWG85
10-05-2017, 10:34 PM
Anyone seen the Louisville board to see how they like him?

Commercecomet24
10-05-2017, 10:45 PM
Peter Sirmon screwing up defenses nationwide!

Commercecomet24
10-05-2017, 10:45 PM
Doeren went into the Stans Stall and will end up making me look bad. Coaches can really do some stupid shizz

Lol yes they can!

Todd4State
10-05-2017, 11:55 PM
#Sirmoning #bendandbreak

Harrydawg
10-06-2017, 01:38 AM
I felt as if Petrino and Sirmon were coaching against one another. Petrino was trying to score just to keep up with Sirmon's shittyness. Petrino couldn't keep up

thf24
10-06-2017, 07:09 AM
They're saying more or less the EXACT same things that we were saying last season, and they're acting like they weren't expecting it. Did every one of them just refuse to look at or research anything their new DC did last year? What were the ones confidently claiming they'd gotten the better end of the "trade" basing that on? It's blowing my mind.

msstate7
10-06-2017, 07:31 AM
They're saying more or less the EXACT same things that we were saying last season, and they're acting like they weren't expecting it. Did every one of them just refuse to look at or research anything their new DC did last year? What were the ones confidently claiming they'd gotten the better end of the "trade" basing that on? It's blowing my mind.

I feel we got the better end of the deal, but the last 2 weeks haven?t exactly been proof.

bostondawg
10-06-2017, 08:02 AM
I feel we got the better end of the deal, but the last 2 weeks haven?t exactly been proof.

Yep. What do you know? Both parties on these things have an overinflated sense of how much they won.

Objectively, we did make it out on the better end of this deal (we should have--we doubled our DC salary). A lot of people thought Grantham was going to come in and revolutionize our defense. Through a few weeks of play, meh. We've got a long way to go.

Tbonewannabe
10-06-2017, 08:48 AM
Yep. What do you know? Both parties on these things have an overinflated sense of how much they won.

Objectively, we did make it out on the better end of this deal (we should have--we doubled our DC salary). A lot of people thought Grantham was going to come in and revolutionize our defense. Through a few weeks of play, meh. We've got a long way to go.

But compared to where Sirmon left us, we are lightyears ahead. We held UGA under what UT just gave up and it was in Athens. AU game was completely changed by the refs so I wouldn't hold too much of that outcome against Grantham. When AU is allowed to grab on and hold for dear life then no defense is going to look very good.

Hasu Dackds
10-06-2017, 08:49 AM

I blame our dumb safeties more than I blame Grantham. Some of those boys were just flat out overrated recruits.

Commercecomet24
10-06-2017, 08:54 AM
But compared to where Sirmon left us, we are lightyears ahead. We held UGA under what UT just gave up and it was in Athens. AU game was completely changed by the refs so I wouldn't hold too much of that outcome against Grantham. When AU is allowed to grab on and hold for dear life then no defense is going to look very good.

Agree. Our tackling is so much better than last year, just in that aspect we have improved our defense. We couldn't tackle my grandma last year. Other parts of the defense will get better as Grantham keeps teaching. He said it himself he had to start teaching with the fundamentals(thanks Sirmon). So he basically had to unlearn all the bad habits and traits they picked up last year. I think our defense is gonna be fine. We will know by the end of the year for sure.

msstate7
10-06-2017, 08:55 AM

Georgia scored on first 2 possessions and it was effectively over at that point. Auburn jumped on us early too. We even took a min to get going vs la tech. LSU was a questionable OPI call from being up 7-0. We have to start games better defensively

Tbonewannabe
10-06-2017, 09:03 AM
Georgia scored on first 2 possessions and it was effectively over at that point. Auburn jumped on us early too. We even took a min to get going vs la tech. LSU was a questionable OPI call from being up 7-0. We have to start games better defensively

And the exact same thing can be said about the offense. I am not saying Grantham is as good as the 3 games but he isn't as bad as the last 2. We also were going up against a VERY fired up UGA team who was playing at home and people were predicting them to lose. That put a big chip on their shoulder. AU was ripping the jerseys off our guys from the start. It basically eliminated our Dline from having any type of impact along with Cory Thomas being out. The refs also killed our momentum every time something good happened. That early whistle was a big impact on the game at the time.

msstatelp1
10-06-2017, 09:04 AM

Georgia is the best team in the East and the 2nd best team in the SEC. Auburn is finally becoming the team everyone thought they would be at the beginning of the year so I don't feel too bad about where our defense sits. Grantham has done a good job in his 1st year. Give him another year and I think he'll have the defense including the secondary where they need to be.

Tbonewannabe
10-06-2017, 09:08 AM
Georgia is the best team in the East and the 2nd best team in the SEC. Auburn is finally becoming the team everyone thought they would be at the beginning of the year so I don't feel too bad about where our defense sits. Grantham has done a good job in his 1st year. Give him another year and I think he'll have the defense including the secondary where they need to be.

Hell, just give him the other games against teams not in the top 15. If he gets blown out by UK, A&M, Ark, and UM then we might worry but UGA and AU are great teams. Another impact on the defense in those games is Dan Mullen's offense produced about as much as I could have calling games on a XBox. The offense shitting the bed makes it a lot harder on the defense. No one should talk shit about the defense against Bama because they will probably have to play 45 - 50 minutes in that game.

BiscuitEater
10-06-2017, 09:13 AM
So glad he?s gone

Still recall the U of L fans gloating when they 'stole' Sirmon from us.

He who laughs last .. would be us!

msstate7
10-06-2017, 09:15 AM
I?m not saying I?m down on grantham. I really like the guy and think he?ll be good. That said, Georgia came into our game avg 31 per game against app st, ND, and Sanford; they scored 31 on us. Auburn came in avg 30.5 per game against ga so, Clemson, Mercer, and Missouri; they scored 42 on us. These last 2 weeks haven?t been good

Hasu Dackds
10-06-2017, 09:17 AM
I?m not saying I?m down on grantham.
You're not? Could have fooled me. You're making every excuse against the guy but not giving him any benefit of the doubt. The truth is somewhere in the middle and you're on the extreme hater side. We'd have better results if Bryant and Peters weren't continuously tripping over their own feet

msstate7
10-06-2017, 09:26 AM
You're not? Could have fooled me. You're making every excuse against the guy but not giving him any benefit of the doubt. The truth is somewhere in the middle and you're on the extreme hater side. We'd have better results if Bryant and Peters weren't continuously tripping over their own feet

Ok.

All I?m saying is I?m not sure we should be bragging about how much we upgraded till we actually see the upgrade, which I think we will at some point this season

bluelightstar
10-06-2017, 09:40 AM
Ok.

All I?m saying is I?m not sure we should be bragging about how much we upgraded till we actually see the upgrade, which I think we will at some point this season

Until we see the upgrade? I'm quite certain that Sirmon would've given up 60+ both of the last two weeks.

msstate7
10-06-2017, 09:42 AM
Until we see the upgrade? I'm quite certain that Sirmon would've given up 60+ both of the last two weeks.

Haha... probably so, but auburn scored 1 td more than last season

bluelightstar
10-06-2017, 09:46 AM
Haha... probably so, but auburn scored 1 td more than last season

Auburn was up 35-0 at half last year and called 2 pass plays in the entire 2nd half.

msstate7
10-06-2017, 09:49 AM
Auburn was up 35-0 at half last year and called 2 pass plays in the entire 2nd half.

They had 21 offensively in both halves this year. Their offense raped us both times... both coods

thf24
10-06-2017, 09:50 AM
Ok.

We've already seen the upgrade. Sirmon gave up about as many points and yards as Grantham did the past two weeks against top 3 SEC teams, to the same kind of teams that Grantham dominated in our first three games. We ran into a buzzsaw the past two weeks that showed our secondary is not up to par with what it takes to implement Grantham's scheme and philosophy, but that's an identifiable area that can be improved. With Sirmon last year, in many games the most concise diagnosis you could make was that the defense as a whole simply looked lost. It is obvious that we are tremendously improved over what Sirmon put on the field last year, even if the complete product isn't quite there yet.

Hasu Dackds
10-06-2017, 09:53 AM
They had 21 offensively in both halves this year. Their offense raped us both times... both coods

You're insufferable, and apparently Sly Croom level blind too. No point in arguing with you anymore, continue to wallow in doom/gloom

smootness
10-06-2017, 09:54 AM

Is 'we only lost 49-10' really something we want to beat our chests over?

I do believe Grantham is an upgrade, btw. Sirmon is just not good. Grantham has some good qualities but good play-callers can beat him pretty easily. His scheme is too obvious.

msstate7
10-06-2017, 09:59 AM
We've already seen the upgrade. Sirmon gave up about as many points and yards as Grantham did the past two weeks against top 3 SEC teams, to the same kind of teams that Grantham dominated in our first three games. We ran into a buzzsaw the past two weeks that showed our secondary is not up to par with what it takes to implement Grantham's scheme and philosophy, but that's an identifiable area that can be improved. With Sirmon last year, in many games the most concise diagnosis you could make was that the defense as a whole simply looked lost. It is obvious that we are tremendously improved over what Sirmon put on the field last year, even if the complete product isn't quite there yet.

I?m just disgusted with how we played on both sides of the ball the last 2 weeks.

I will say this though... through 3 sec games last year (LSU, auburn, and South Carolina), we gave up 25 per game; this year, we?ve given up 26.7 in our first 3 sec games. I think the competition has been better, but not crazy much.

Maroonthirteen
10-06-2017, 10:04 AM
I think Grantham is an up grade in coaching. However the results, this year and last, point to a personnel problem.

Also, regardless of size and 40 times, we bust a lot of coverages still. It is ridiculous how many TD passes, UGA and Auburn had a guy running free.

Bothrops
10-06-2017, 10:21 AM
If we still had Sirmon, we'd possibly lose all of our remaining SEC games.

thf24
10-06-2017, 10:22 AM
I?m just disgusted with how we played on both sides of the ball the last 2 weeks.

I will say this though... through 3 sec games last year (LSU, auburn, and South Carolina), we gave up 25 per game; this year, we?ve given up 26.7 in our first 3 sec games. I think the competition has been better, but not crazy much.

2016 Opponents PPG -

LSU - 28.3
Auburn - 31.2
USCe - 20.8
Combined - 26.8

2017 Opponents PPG - (so far)
LSU - 27.0
Georgia - 33.0
Auburn - 34.2
Combined - 31.4

On the whole, the offenses we've played so far are much better than the first three we played last year. LSU has regressed a little, but Auburn has improved significantly with Stidham at QB (I've got to eat crow on that one; was convinced for too long that he was just another Auburn QB fraud). 2016 USCe isn't anywhere close to 2017 UGA.

msstate7
10-06-2017, 10:27 AM
2016 Opponents PPG -

LSU - 28.3
Auburn - 31.2
USCe - 20.8
Combined - 26.8

LSU - 27.0
Georgia - 33.0
Auburn - 34.2
Combined - 31.4

On the whole, the offenses we've played so far are much better than the first three we played last year. LSU has regressed a little, but Auburn has improved significantly with Stidham at QB (I've got to eat crow on that one; was convinced for too long that he was just another Auburn QB fraud). 2016 USCe isn't anywhere close to 2017 UGA.

I think the comparisons are more...

16 LSU vs 17 Georgia
16 auburn vs 17 auburn
16 South Carolina vs 17 LSU

TrapGame
10-06-2017, 10:38 AM
Keeping Grantham and building discipline and stability on defense is the key here. Finally a DC that doesn't run off after the first year or two. Grantham will be around for three or four years unless he and Dan have a huge falling out. But I don't see that happening.

smootness
10-06-2017, 10:41 AM
2016 Opponents PPG -

LSU - 28.3
Auburn - 31.2
USCe - 20.8
Combined - 26.8

LSU - 27.0
Georgia - 33.0
Auburn - 34.2
Combined - 31.4

It is still way too early to know anything on Stidham. He was average against Georgia Southern, bad against Clemson (not necessarily a knock), ok against Mercer (good numbers but no TD and a pick), pretty good against a terrible Missouri defense, and then he shredded us. That may unfortunately say more about us than him.

msstate7
10-06-2017, 10:47 AM
It is still way too early to know anything on Stidham. He was average against Georgia Southern, bad against Clemson (not necessarily a knock), ok against Mercer (good numbers but no TD and a pick), pretty good against a terrible Missouri defense, and then he shredded us. That may unfortunately say more about us than him.

Any play action/misdirection and we?re gonna bite... just a matter of if the pass is catchable