PDA

View Full Version : Wonder if Troy is now afraid of "SEC Pretty Boys"?

blacklistedbully
09-23-2013, 09:13 AM
Y'all catch that comment attributed to a Troy player before the game? Pretty funny in retrospect.

Bubb Rubb
09-23-2013, 09:17 AM
Y'all catch that comment attributed to a Troy player before the game? Pretty funny in retrospect.

I didn't see that, but I did see Blakeney's comments last week. Good job, coach. I would say that would shut him up for a while, but I doubt it.

Troy's defense may be worse than Alcorn's, and that's really saying something. Memo: if your defense sucks that much, you probably shouldn't be talking shit.

MarketingBully01
09-23-2013, 09:24 AM
We beat their ass into the ground and all our fans can say is their defense is worse then Alcorn State's. I love our fans sometimes. Hey since Alcorn scored the same as Troy against us their offense is as great as Troy's too. See how rediculous that sounds. Could it not be that if we played like that against Alcorn that we could have beaten Alcorn 89-0? Why don't our fans see a complete dismantling and leave it at that? Troy's defense is better then Alcorn and if Troy played Alcon the score would at least be 42-7 or something like that. The way our play calling and how we were playing had more to do with us beating Troy that bad then anything.

These arguments are about as valid as stating UTSA has a better offense because they scored 28 points on OSU's defense in the 4th quarter on their scrubs.

Bubb Rubb
09-23-2013, 09:31 AM
We beat their ass into the ground and all our fans can say is their defense is worse then Alcorn State's. I love our fans sometimes. Hey since Alcorn scored the same as Troy against us their offense is as great as Troy's too. See how rediculous that sounds. Could it not be that if we played like that against Alcorn that we could have beaten Alcorn 89-0? Why don't our fans see a complete dismantling and leave it at that? Troy's defense is better then Alcorn and if Troy played Alcon the score would at least be 42-7 or something like that. The way our play calling and how we were playing had more to do with us beating Troy that bad then anything.

These arguments are about as valid as stating UTSA has a better offense because they scored 28 points on OSU's defense in the 4th quarter on their scrubs.

It is what it is. An Arkansas State team that could only muster 7 points against mighty Memphis scored at will against Troy. We were still moving the ball up and down the field against them with our third stringers on the offensive line. Their defense is HISTORICALLY bad. Those statements don't take anything away from what we did. We played well. But Jesus Christ, they are a bad defensive football team. Am I not allowed to say that?

MarketingBully01
09-23-2013, 09:37 AM
Sure, they are a bad defensive football team and you can say that. My comments weren't really at you personally just the MSU fan mantra of saying they are defensively worse then a team that Troy would blow out. We could have named our score on ASU and really put all of our scrubs in after halftime against ASU. Trust me Troy would crush ASU.

PassInterference
09-23-2013, 09:37 AM
Troy's defense is bad. The fact that their offense couldn't move the ball on us probably made them quit and look even worse.

The big takeaway from the Troy game is that our defense handed Troy's asses to them. Our D played real well against Troy and against OSU. That is a big, big plus. High tempo spread offenses were our achilles heel last year. Not any more.

SnakePlissken
09-23-2013, 10:58 AM
The big takeaway from the Troy game is that our defense handed Troy's asses to them. Our D played real well against Troy and against OSU. That is a big, big plus. High tempo spread offenses were our achilles heel last year. Not any more.The takeaway for me was how our defense destroyed Hud's OC and the magical offense that folks want to see ran here when Hud is our HC.

AROB44
09-23-2013, 01:39 PM
+1

maroonmania
09-23-2013, 02:43 PM
Troy's defense is bad. The fact that their offense couldn't move the ball on us probably made them quit and look even worse.

The big takeaway from the Troy game is that our defense handed Troy's asses to them. Our D played real well against Troy and against OSU. That is a big, big plus. High tempo spread offenses were our achilles heel last year. Not any more.

To reemphasize this see Arkansas State points scored:

against Auburn 9
against Troy 41
against Memphis 7

One of these is not like the other. Troy has a pretty good D1 offense but their defense is REALLY bad.

601Dawg
09-23-2013, 02:49 PM
I guess that means we should have won 85-0 to make some of you guys happy

I swear some of our fans are worse than women on their period.

maroonmania
09-23-2013, 03:58 PM
I guess that means we should have won 85-0 to make some of you guys happy

I swear some of our fans are worse than women on their period.

No it just means what was stated, that Troy has a really bad defense. We will find out a lot more about where our offense really stands when we go up against LSU's defense. I'm personally as happy as I can be for having beaten a team badly that I thought we would beat going into the game. Its nice we beat them really bad but in the end a W is a W and an L is an L.

M.Fillmore
09-23-2013, 09:30 PM
I swear some of our fans are worse than women on their period..

That is why I didn't even check the MSU boards after the Auburn game. My wife is going through menopause. I get too much of that already.

BulldogBear
09-25-2013, 07:29 AM

After 35 point differential, scores don't mean a whole lot. Teams give up and scores get ridiculous or the winner lets up and wins 44-7 then it could have been 90-0 if they really wanted it to be. 49-14 doesn't really tell you more or less than 69-14

BulldogBear
09-25-2013, 07:31 AM
Does anybody really think Alabama would only beat U of Colorado by 11 since they beat CSU by 14? They coasted to a win