PDA

View Full Version : LSU has officially lost it

Dawg61
10-04-2017, 12:51 AM
Fan base is melting like I've never seen before.

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/lsu-sports/take-action-things-you-as-a-fan-can-do-to-help-save-this-program/72560680/

TimberBeast
10-04-2017, 12:58 AM
Fan base is melting like I've never seen before.

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/lsu-sports/take-action-things-you-as-a-fan-can-do-to-help-save-this-program/72560680/

They are exactly right. O needs to go as soon as they can financially do it and the idiot that hired him as head coach should be gone last Saturday night.

ShotgunDawg
10-04-2017, 01:00 AM
This is what entitlement looks like.

Mimi's Babies
10-04-2017, 05:27 AM
I thought LSU and the state were broke.

Dawgface
10-04-2017, 06:29 AM
First thing they should do is fire the AD. A 12 million buyout was crazy.

SaintDawg
10-04-2017, 06:43 AM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/155/561/singlefrog.jpg I have zero sympathy for them. Let'em burn.

Maroonthirteen
10-04-2017, 07:55 AM
This is what entitlement looks like.

No kidding! All these sec blue bloods see Alabama and expect the same. Fact of the matter, there is only one Saban and LSU had their chance to pay him. They didn't. Which is why they are in their current situation.

But to the point, the reason they hired O is because Herman did not want the Job. Why do they think the next coach on Allevas list (not named O) would want the job? Why would Gruden, Kelley, etc etc want the job now? ...after one year. They screwed up firing Miles.

RocketDawg
10-04-2017, 08:06 AM
No kidding! All these sec blue bloods see Alabama and expect the same. Fact of the matter, there is only one Saban and LSU had their chance to pay him. They didn't. Which is why they are in their current situation.

But to the point, the reason they hired O is because Herman did not want the Job. Why do they think the next coach on Aleves list (not named O) would want the job? Why would Gruden, Kelley, etc etc want the job now? ...after one year. They screwed up firing Miles.

Why did a well-known coach not want the LSU job? Hasn't that always been a elite job? Is it because of the pressure of winning?

If that's it, Alabama would never be able to hire anybody after Saban leaves. Can you imagine following Saban and being expected to win at least 11 games a year? And that's not counting the playoffs and NC game.

Ari Gold
10-04-2017, 08:14 AM
Please keep Joe.. please

thf24
10-04-2017, 08:19 AM
http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/lsu-sports/my-theory-on-whats-happening-in-lsu-athletics/72600318/

This caught my attention... 99.9% chance of bullshit, but I haven't seen a better theory as to why Alleva gave O such a ridiculous buyout.

TrapGame
10-04-2017, 08:20 AM
That's hilarious. They are stuck with Ed and Aleva for another year at least, maybe two. I, for one, will enjoy the ass stomping we give them in Death Valley next season in front of a half empty stadium.

Hasu Dackds
10-04-2017, 08:23 AM
At this point they may as well keep him and hope he recruits well. There's no easy way out.

Dawg61
10-04-2017, 08:44 AM
http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/lsu-sports/my-theory-on-whats-happening-in-lsu-athletics/72600318/

This caught my attention... 99.9% chance of bullshit, but I haven't seen a better theory as to why Alleva gave O such a ridiculous buyout.

Lot of interesting stuff in there. Louisville basketball makes double what Kentucky basketball does $42 mill v $21 mill. That's shocking and also not gonna be accurate any longer after Pitino gone. What an idiot Pitino is to get fired/caught. Bet Kentucky was active in trying to get him out too. I could see some really ugly bad blood between those two programs going on behind the scenes. As far as with LSU I definitely think they wanted to save some money for awhile with Orgeron. I think they initially had a couple big names they went after and when they got turned down they went with the money saving play.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-04-2017, 09:05 AM
....and it's glorious!!

Maroonthirteen
10-04-2017, 09:19 AM
Herman saw Texas as a better job obviously.

It depends on how Saban leaves Bama. If he retires, with a stocked cupboard, they'll have coaches knocking down the door. If they fire him for having a couple of season without a NC, yeah, I think that will turn off a lot coaches.

Tbonewannabe
10-04-2017, 09:24 AM
Lot of interesting stuff in there. Louisville basketball makes double what Kentucky basketball does $42 mill v $21 mill. That's shocking and also not gonna be accurate any longer after Pitino gone. What an idiot Pitino is to get fired/caught. Bet Kentucky was active in trying to get him out too. I could see some really ugly bad blood between those two programs going on behind the scenes. As far as with LSU I definitely think they wanted to save some money for awhile with Orgeron. I think they initially had a couple big names they went after and when they got turned down they went with the money saving play.

Smart play by UK except if Cal doesn't get hit by this FBI stuff then the FBI is just giving him a free pass. Cal is probably the worst offender in the basketball recruiting world.

HancockCountyDog
10-04-2017, 09:40 AM
The only thing that concerns me is 0 going 4-8 (they will beat the confederates) and that Alleva tells Petrino to get his ass to Baton Rouge before he gets arrested.

Now that would be the smart move, but the last smart thing LSU did was hire Nick Saban and that was about 20 years ago.

We need LSU to go 6-6 because then they will be stuck with him. 0 at LSU is one of the best things to happen to MSU since massage parlors decided to provide delivery service to hotels throughout the southeast.

TUSK
10-04-2017, 09:40 AM
MMDL broke Les and LSU... MSU and Troy about to break the TAF.

Tbonewannabe
10-04-2017, 09:46 AM
So does LSU become #1 in the Chip Kelly sweepstakes or does their financial situation prevent it?

Dawg61
10-04-2017, 10:23 AM
So does LSU become #1 in the Chip Kelly sweepstakes or does their financial situation prevent it?

$12 mill buyout for Orgeron right now. Unless Shaq pays for it LSU is stuck with O for a minute.

PassInterference
10-04-2017, 10:49 AM
Cole Smith, come on back home to M State...

Jack Lambert
10-04-2017, 10:52 AM
They don't have a 100 years of elite football history. The 50's and part of the 60's they were good but were average after that up until Saban put them on the map. They road that wave until a few years ago. They are not Michigan, OSU or Bama, they are LSU.

DownwardDawg
10-04-2017, 10:59 AM
LSU is not an elite job. This last hire just proves it. I've said it for years. Those coonasses are crazy and impossible to deal with n

TrapGame
10-04-2017, 11:06 AM
They don't have a 100 years of elite football history. The 50's and part of the 60's they were good but were average after that up until Saban put them on the map. They road that wave until a few years ago. They are not Michigan, OSU or Bama, they are LSU.

Les Miles was an 8-4 coach at Okie State. He took Saban's guys and rode that horse into the ground. Les made some really bone headed decisions in games that his elite 5* talent get him out of. Couple that with guys leaving early for the draft and LSU has fallen on hard times with O.

And I hope it stays this way for a while. With OM completely out of the picture and LSU kneecapped two or three years we have a chance to bring in some really exceptional recruiting classes.

Bully13
10-04-2017, 11:12 AM
didn't they fire Les mid season? when you do shit like that, you're not going to get heavy weight coaches knocking on your door.

they're going to have to fire their AD too if they expect to get a decent coach. LSU is going to have to come up off their high horse.

I do think LSU is an elite job / program though. got the entire state basically to themselves and they croot elites throughout the Southeast. Along with all that, they've got 2 natties in recent memory and a rabid fan base that can pack 100K when things are going well.

TUSK
10-04-2017, 12:49 PM
didn't they fire Les mid season? when you do shit like that, you're not going to get heavy weight coaches knocking on your door.

they're going to have to fire their AD too if they expect to get a decent coach. LSU is going to have to come up off their high horse.

I do think LSU is an elite job / program though. got the entire state basically to themselves and they croot elites throughout the Southeast. Along with all that, they've got 2 natties in recent memory and a rabid fan base that can pack 100K when things are going well.

LSU is a top 10-15 gig.

sleepy dawg
10-04-2017, 01:50 PM
I believe the playoffs was a huge blow to the superiority of the SEC. Used to, you pretty much just had to win the SEC to play in the NC and all other conferences were fighting for the other spot. Now you can go to any Power 5 school and have just as good of a shot, if not better due to SEC schools being of higher talent, but still only getting 1 of the 4 spots. If I was an elite college football coach, I would not go to LSU, nor would I go to any SEC school.

Jack Lambert
10-04-2017, 01:58 PM
I believe the playoffs was a huge blow to the superiority of the SEC. Used to, you pretty much just had to win the SEC to play in the NC and all other conferences were fighting for the other spot. Now you can go to any Power 5 school and have just as good of a shot, if not better due to SEC schools being of higher talent, but still only getting 1 of the 4 spots. If I was an elite college football coach, I would not go to LSU, nor would I go to any SEC school.

Up to last year all I heard was if you didn't win you conference you could not get in. Well OSU got in and didn't even play in the conference championship.

I think with it being decided by 13 individuals talking and making rational points to each other anything is possible. One conference could get two spots.

What is going to happen if both Georgia and Bama are undefeated going into the SEC championship game? When the first rankings came out last season they had Bama and A &M in the top four. Going into the SEC championship if both are undefeated I think both will be top 4. What happens to the loser if it is a really close hard played ball game?

We could see two teams from the same conference. I don't think the committee boxes them selves in with rules that the talking sports heads make up.

TrapGame
10-04-2017, 02:00 PM

Tennessee and Florida agree with your assessment.**

BB30
10-04-2017, 02:06 PM

Eh there is a ton of money to be made in the SEC, especially at one of the SEC elites. I wouldn't want a coach that would back away from a competitive situation. If there was a coach on LSU's list that said no because of being in the SEC I wouldn't want anything to do with him.

Political Hack
10-04-2017, 02:14 PM
They asked for Miles to be fired year after year and now it's Alleva's fault for listening to them?

I agree the firing/hiring was completely mismanaged because he didn't get support for he new hire before jumping into the deep end, but LSU fans have just been handed exactly what they were asking for.

Jack Lambert
10-04-2017, 02:16 PM
LSU fans have just been handed exactly what they were asking for.

And I like it!

Todd4State
10-04-2017, 02:34 PM
They asked for Miles to be fired year after year and now it's Alleva's fault for listening to them?

I agree the firing/hiring was completely mismanaged because he didn't get support for he new hire before jumping into the deep end, but LSU fans have just been handed exactly what they were asking for.

Yep. They're on O-bation for the next 2-3 years or so.

Bully13
10-04-2017, 02:57 PM

Damn hack, I forgot to think about it like that. Where they went horribly wrong was doing it mid season. Pure emotion with no thinking. Coaches take note of shit like that. They'll have to fire the AD if they want to hire a good coach. Kinda funny So Cal was in a similar situation but their AD was smart enough to not hire O.

But yeah, LSU fans made the bed their sleeping in. Sure do hate it for them.***

sleepy dawg
10-04-2017, 05:02 PM
Eh there is a ton of money to be made in the SEC, especially at one of the SEC elites. I wouldn't want a coach that would back away from a competitive situation. If there was a coach on LSU's list that said no because of being in the SEC I wouldn't want anything to do with him.

My point was, however poorly I made it, that if your #1 goal is to win a national championship as a head coach, your best bet isn't necessarily just going to a traditionally great SEC school with ridiculously high expectations anymore. You have just as good of a shot or better somewhere outside the SEC.

IMissJack
10-04-2017, 05:15 PM
First thing they should do is fire the AD. A 12 million buyout was crazy.

Especially to a guy that has never been a successful head coach, other than interim.

Activated Alpha
10-04-2017, 05:25 PM
For a 4 million a year with a 12mil buyout, they can hire me and I'll coach them for a year....

SaintDawg
10-04-2017, 07:27 PM
Why would Gruden, Kelley, etc etc want the job now? ...after one year. They screwed up firing Miles.
Gruden has repeatedly stated that he has no desire to coach college ball. Zero. Never going to happen.

LockeDawg
10-05-2017, 04:11 PM
$12 mill buyout for Orgeron right now. Unless Shaq pays for it LSU is stuck with O for a minute.

They still have to pay Les $10mill left on his buyout, + $12 mill to EdO, + buyout his inflated OC & DC who pull in +$3.5/mill for just the two of them. I just don't see LSU having that kind of cash laying around to hand over $25 mill + what it will cost to lure another staff to take over. They are up shit creek, and I'm loving every minute of it.

TUSK
10-05-2017, 04:23 PM
There may be someone closer to the LSU program that could correct or confirm my understanding, but I thought the TAF handled a lot of the $$$ used in Head Coach compensation...

Is this not the case?

edit: here's an ooooold article that explains a lot of it.....

LSU/The state actually pays very little of a coach's package... Bammer is the same way...

Bully13
10-05-2017, 04:27 PM
There may be someone closer to the LSU program that could correct or confirm my understanding, but I thought the TAF handled a lot of the $$$ used in Head Coach compensation...

Is this not the case?

don't know but about the TAF but 25M is a ton. Haven't seen an organization 17 up this bad in a long time. it's border line tsun 17 upish.

TUSK
10-05-2017, 04:36 PM
don't know but about the TAF but 25M is a ton. Haven't seen an organization 17 up this bad in a long time. it's border line tsun 17 upish.

Oh, it was a YUGE eff-up... But it's myopic to think that boosters can't scratch up that coin... Let em go 2-10 and see what happens...

Bully13
10-05-2017, 04:41 PM
Oh, it was a YUGE eff-up... But it's myopic to think that boosters can't scratch up that coin... Let em go 2-10 and see what happens...

True dat. they'll be pushed over the edge and sell their personal possessions if need be.

Activated Alpha
10-05-2017, 04:54 PM
Fan base would probably offer up all their Jon boats in order to scratch out that buyout

BulldogBear
10-05-2017, 05:09 PM
For a 4 million a year with a 12mil buyout, they can hire me and I'll coach them for a year....

I'll do it for a day. Just give me the buyout.