PDA

View Full Version : Nickoe Whitley

ShotgunDawg
09-22-2013, 10:48 PM
Paul Jones said tonight that Nickoe has been playing on a partially torn MCL. This is great news because has looked a little slow out there for the past few weeks, and now we have a week for him to heal and MCLs usually heal fairly quickly if rested.

This is also great news because the LSU is likely to come down to how well our secondary controls Beckham and Landry on throws down the field by Mettenberger. We need Nickoe to be as healthy as possible.

RougeDawg
09-22-2013, 10:53 PM
I'm concerned that he is still having injury issues. When healthy he can change the game. I hope he gets it together, but I've had MCL problems before and they aren't fun.

War Machine Dawg
09-22-2013, 10:57 PM
Might be time to give Arrington a look. I'm quickly losing faith in Nickoe.

ShotgunDawg
09-22-2013, 11:12 PM
I see what you guys are saying, but Nickoe's MCL tear obviously isn't that bad because he has been playing on it. Therefore, two weeks off could really give him that extra step to be that much more effective. It can only help since he is going to play whether we like it or not.

PassInterference
09-23-2013, 06:45 AM
MCLs do not heal quickly. I've had one.

The MCL shouldn't affect his straight line speed. Lateral moves should aggrivate the hell out of it though.

Political Hack
09-23-2013, 07:36 AM
we can't put him in situations where he ends up in man up. it's our DC's job to use him right, or get him off the field.

ShotgunDawg
09-23-2013, 08:09 AM
MCLs do not heal quickly. I've had one.

The MCL shouldn't affect his straight line speed. Lateral moves should aggrivate the hell out of it though.

Ive had one as well and it healed pretty quickly. Depends on the severity, aggressiveness of the rehab, and level of athlete rehabbing.

maroonmania
09-23-2013, 08:42 AM
Paul Jones said tonight that Nickoe has been playing on a partially torn MCL. This is great news because has looked a little slow out there for the past few weeks, and now we have a week for him to heal and MCLs usually heal fairly quickly if rested.

This is also great news because the LSU is likely to come down to how well our secondary controls Beckham and Landry on throws down the field by Mettenberger. We need Nickoe to be as healthy as possible.

Right now I just wish he would quit getting stupid penalties. He's had a couple of those this year and MCLs don't cause that.

Coach34
09-23-2013, 08:47 AM
well, his back-up should be getting two weeks of quality reps and should be ready to play then

Irondawg
09-23-2013, 10:08 AM
I think Arrington has been hurt also. Our secondary has been hammered by major and minor injuries and the loss of Redmond. I will say Market seems to have played really well in Hughes absence though.