PDA

View Full Version : Jeffrey Simmons

cheewgumm
10-03-2017, 09:58 AM
Listening to the BB show, they are talking about Jeffrey Simmons seeing double team. Have we moved him around on the line any to combat this?

Couldn't they move him outside to rush the tackles as a way to switch it up and avoid double teams?

BulldogBear
10-03-2017, 10:00 AM
Holding is holding whether you're being double teamed or not.

ScoobaDawg
10-03-2017, 10:06 AM
You wouldn't want to move him to end... but you could run some twist stunts. Haven't watched close enough to know if we have done that or not.
But if they get holding on you inside on a double team.. and the ref doesn't call it.. not much you can do except fight like hell and learn from it.

Ari Gold
10-03-2017, 10:32 AM
Getting Cory Thomas back will help a lot.

tcdog70
10-03-2017, 10:51 AM
the sack fumble by Jeff was on a twist.

TrapGame
10-03-2017, 10:58 AM
the sack fumble by Jeff was on a twist.

And then they started the double team holding. If those sorry ass refs had thrown a couple of flags for that shit we would have seen Simmons actually putting more pressure on Stidham. He was doing a good job in the first quarter.

RezDog7
10-03-2017, 11:03 AM

When is he supposed to be back?

parabrave
10-03-2017, 11:39 AM
One thing about the holding calls, Mullen needs to start working the refs on those. Simmons was also tackled on Aubbis 1st touchdown.

tcdog70
10-03-2017, 03:00 PM
One thing about the holding calls, Mullen needs to start working the refs on those. Simmons was also tackled on Aubbis 1st touchdown.

he should, but really why should a Ref need to be worked ? I was a Ref for years. If there was a hold I called it early and a funny thing--they quit holding. If you double team a player then you for sure need to be vigilant on the holds. A double team with holding is surly an unfair advantage.

confucius say
10-03-2017, 03:16 PM

People don't realize how much this is true.

MarketingBully
10-03-2017, 03:31 PM

Sweat was in position to make the play on Johnson’s first run for a loss but their fat ass 78 not only held him but got his hands so caught up in his jersey he rode him to the ground. Even Matt Wyatt on Twitter had to admit “def holding.”

MarketingBully
10-03-2017, 03:34 PM
he should, but really why should a Ref need to be worked ? I was a Ref for years. If there was a hold I called it early and a funny thing--they quit holding. If you double team a player then you for sure need to be vigilant on the holds. A double team with holding is surly an unfair advantage.

You are correct sir! Had they called that first hold against fat ass 78 on the first run, this is a different ballgame because odds are good they aren’t near as handsy/holdsy.

MarketingBully
10-03-2017, 03:39 PM

I don’t think we will have to worry about it for a while though. Not until the Alabama game and even then I don’t think the holds will make a difference. We played two SEC top ten teams on the road in their SEC home openers. The person we should be pissed at is whoever was in the SEC office that made that shitty schedule. I will make a prediction. We will be 7-2 when we play Bama and our DL will get penetration like we did in the first three games. It’s really not going out on a limb there either.

Acid mouth
10-03-2017, 04:32 PM

It'll be interested to see if the holds on Simmons will be called against lesser tiered SEC teams. It's gonna look pretty strange when he's drafted in the first round and has roughly 4 career sacks in 24 SEC games.

Maroon Wizardry
10-03-2017, 04:56 PM
during the second half i believe i would have told Fitz to throw it as hard as he could at the ref... Maybe it would have woke hisass up. Auburn is the worst place to play in the SEC. worse than bama worse than any other place. We have been bent over by the refs more there than any where else. Dan needs to call them out loudly make the SEC fine him. Bring national attention to it.

KentuckyDawg13
10-03-2017, 05:32 PM
Simmons has been held since Athens. Non-stop.