PDA

View Full Version : Interesting MSU Football stats...

CadaverDawg
09-22-2013, 09:38 PM
*Ashton Shumpert has more carries and yardage through 4 games than any other RB on the team. 29 attempts for 130 yards.

*Derrick Milton has the highest ypc among RB's with a 5.8 avg. Perkins and Griffin have the lowest ypc among RB's at 3.8 ypc.

*Jameon Lewis is our ONLY WR with a TD catch, and he has 2. Our only other receiving TD's are by Prescott and Milton.

*Our longest 2 rushes on the season are 47 and 44 yards....and NEITHER was by a RB. Prescott and Lewis had them.

What I take from these stats....

We have got to get more out of our RB's and I think we will if JRob and Shumpert start getting more of the every down type of carries. As Shotgundog said in a previous thread...certain guys have the ability to fall forward and gain extra yards. Dak, JRob, and Shumpert are 3 of those guys.

And secondly, we need to get our tight ends more involved in the passing game. Malcolm and Hill are weapons that we vastly under-utilize IMO.

War Machine Dawg
09-22-2013, 09:50 PM
*Ashton Shumpert has more carries and yardage through 4 games than any other RB on the team. 29 attempts for 130 yards.

*Derrick Milton has the highest ypc among RB's with a 5.8 avg. Perkins and Griffin have the lowest ypc among RB's at 3.8 ypc.

*Jameon Lewis is our ONLY WR with a TD catch, and he has 2. Our only other receiving TD's are by Prescott and Milton.

*Our longest 2 rushes on the season are 47 and 44 yards....and NEITHER was by a RB. Prescott and Lewis had them.

What I take from these stats....

We have got to get more out of our RB's and I think we will if JRob and Shumpert start getting more of the every down type of carries. As Shotgundog said in a previous thread...certain guys have the ability to fall forward and gain extra yards. Dak, JRob, and Shumpert are 3 of those guys.

And secondly, we need to get our tight ends more involved in the passing game. Malcolm and Hill are weapons that we vastly under-utilize IMO.

Can't be said enough. Feed the beasts. #ReleaseTheDaken

RougeDawg
09-22-2013, 10:55 PM
Been saying get the ball in the hands of our speedsters on the edge and bulldozers up middle. But against LSU we will go right back to Mini Perk up the middle.