PDA

View Full Version : Braves

Pages : 1 [2]

msstate7
09-05-2018, 04:22 PM
Went Monday. Brutal. Sox did to the Braves what the braves had been doing to everyone else. Granted they were starting a rookie in his 2nd appearance on the mound, but the Sox were still impressive.

They're damn good. I didn't get upset about 1st 2 losses, but today was awful. Can't wait to get back to suntrust

Tbonewannabe
09-05-2018, 05:14 PM
Went Monday. Brutal. Sox did to the Braves what the braves had been doing to everyone else. Granted they were starting a rookie in his 2nd appearance on the mound, but the Sox were still impressive.

The Sox are on one of the best runs in recent memory. It is crazy when a guy who could possibly win the Triple Crown might not even be your best player if you take into account how good Betts is defensively. I really didn't expect anything against the Red Sox.

MaroonFlounder
09-05-2018, 07:47 PM
This Braves team could be special if they had a bullpen.

shoeless joe
09-05-2018, 07:56 PM
Reality is that this team is built for next year. Especially on the mound. This year is just gravy. I've said since day 1 that I thought they'd be in the hunt but fall short. Lookin like I may have been correct but they've got a legit shot to win it and have the second best record in the NL. But gonna hafta figger somethin out against good teams.

msstate7
09-05-2018, 08:56 PM
Thank you, marlins. Braves have 3 game lead with 23 games to go

Matty Dispatch
09-06-2018, 07:14 AM
Reality is that this team is built for next year. Especially on the mound. This year is just gravy. I've said since day 1 that I thought they'd be in the hunt but fall short. Lookin like I may have been correct but they've got a legit shot to win it and have the second best record in the NL. But gonna hafta figger somethin out against good teams.

With all this young pitching and young position players, it's hard to envision a scenario aren't better in 2019 and then better than that in 2020. The great thing about this year is they are experiencing a pennant race which will hopefully result in some postseason play. Getting than opportunity, together, in advance of 2019 and 2020 when they should be really good will only help.

I could see this season going like the MSU baseball season did. A team of upstarts with a ton of youngsters barely gets into the playoffs, makes a run, then gets crushed by a superior team in the World Series. If that's what happens the NL playoffs would be fun to watch for the first time in forever.

msstate7
09-07-2018, 06:50 AM
Not sure who all stayed up last night, but I did. It was worth it. Outstanding game between 2 teams fighting for the playoffs. Really impressed by the braves putting a horrific loss behind them so quickly to win a tough road game. Need to do it again tonight... come on, gausman

MetEdDawg
09-07-2018, 08:15 AM
Game was crazy but we blew another lead. Got lucky on the wild pitch scoring Swanson but sometimes you have to have that kind of break to win a game. I still have no idea why Sam Freeman, who has a 1.5 WHIP, is still on this team. Every time he comes in he's averaging at least one base runner per appearance, and at least half the time he's allowing 2. That just can't happen from a reliever.

This is not going to look pretty over these last 22 games. The majority of this team has never played meaningful September games, so there's going to be a learning curve here, especially against some of these teams that have quite of bit of playoff experience. Good thing is that the Phillies are in virtually the same spot and suck worse than we have over the last 10-15 games. Hopefully we can get settled in and have a strong stretch run. Need Freeman and Markakis to get back to their May-June hitting.

Matty Dispatch
09-07-2018, 02:52 PM
Game was crazy but we blew another lead. Got lucky on the wild pitch scoring Swanson but sometimes you have to have that kind of break to win a game. I still have no idea why Sam Freeman, who has a 1.5 WHIP, is still on this team. Every time he comes in he's averaging at least one base runner per appearance, and at least half the time he's allowing 2. That just can't happen from a reliever.

This is not going to look pretty over these last 22 games. The majority of this team has never played meaningful September games, so there's going to be a learning curve here, especially against some of these teams that have quite of bit of playoff experience. Good thing is that the Phillies are in virtually the same spot and suck worse than we have over the last 10-15 games. Hopefully we can get settled in and have a strong stretch run. Need Freeman and Markakis to get back to their May-June hitting.

The Phillies have lost 7 of 9 series, the the other two they split. They are 10-18 in the last month of play.....so they are sucking a lot worse than the Braves who are 15-13 over the same stretch.

shoeless joe
09-08-2018, 08:06 AM
2.5 game lead. Any way you slice it it's going to come down to those last two series vs philly

msstate7
09-08-2018, 08:33 AM
I'll beat this drum again... lower acuna in the lineup. Since the break, he has 16 HRs, 9 2b, and 1 3b. Great, huh? Absolutely, but he only has 29 RBIs with those 26 extra base hits. He needs to be hitting 3rd.

Markakis - .375 obp with little power
Camargo - .808 ops LH, .893 ops RH
Acuna - our best hitter
FF - he's got to snap out of funk (.172/.238/.293 last 15 games)
Suzuki
Albies
Ender
Swanson

MetEdDawg
09-08-2018, 08:50 AM
The problem is the pitching, specifically the bullpen. They only gave up 1 run last night, but in 3.1 innings had 5 walks and 2 hits. That's a WHIP above 2.

Acu?a is fine where he is. Freeman and Markakis have been in a slump. We are averaging 4.5 runs scored a game over the last 7 games. Problem is we are giving up 5.25 runs per game over the last 7. In the last 14 games we've lost 6 games by either 1 or 2 runs.

We've hit a little slump which is not surprising. But we can't pitch the ball out of the pen right now. Gausman has a rough start too. But the team looks tired and the arms look fatigued. Have to grind through. Moving Acu?a doesn't guarantee he maintains his current success and there is no metric you can provide to tell me otherwise. He's getting on base, hitting homers, and scoring runs. Doing exactly what a lead off should do.

Fix the pitching, fix this team. But it's too late for that so we are what we are. A team that is a year early that is currently benefitting from the Phillies doing worse than the Braves over the last 14 games.

msstate7
09-09-2018, 12:29 PM
My night cap yesterday to a dang near perfect day was Dansby making one hell of a play to seal the win. Swanson is becoming a very nice player

msstate7
09-09-2018, 06:45 PM
4.5 game lead
19 games to go
Magic number at 16

VandelayIndustries
09-09-2018, 07:05 PM
Hell of a win today, I have zero confidence in our bullpen though

msstate7
09-09-2018, 07:08 PM
Hell of a win today, I have zero confidence in our bullpen though

Hopefully Viz is gonna help stabilize it some

VandelayIndustries
09-09-2018, 07:09 PM
When is he coming back?

msstate7
09-09-2018, 07:12 PM
When is he coming back?

I heard it might be today. Should definetely be in SF tomorrow. He's pitched September 3rd, 5th, and 7th (3.0 ip. 0 h 0 er 1 bb 2 k).

Matty Dispatch
09-10-2018, 12:50 PM
I'll beat this drum again... lower acuna in the lineup. Since the break, he has 16 HRs, 9 2b, and 1 3b. Great, huh? Absolutely, but he only has 29 RBIs with those 26 extra base hits. He needs to be hitting 3rd.

Markakis - .375 obp with little power
Camargo - .808 ops LH, .893 ops RH
Acuna - our best hitter
FF - he's got to snap out of funk (.172/.238/.293 last 15 games)
Suzuki
Albies
Ender
Swanson

Do you really think there is a snowball's chance in hell that Snit is going to move FF and Markakis from the 3-4 spots in the lineup?

Isn't a cleanup hitter supposed to "cleanup" the bases, i.e. RBI's? Markakis is 9th in the NL in RBI with 88. Acuna hits solo shots, that's what he does. Whether it's in the 1st inning or the 5th inning, almost all his HR are solo (except yesterday he hit a 2 run). His leadoff HR are a huge boost of energy, and he's been incredible since being moved to leadoff so I'm not sure why you'd mess with a good thing.

msstate7
09-10-2018, 01:07 PM
Do you really think there is a snowball's chance in hell that Snit is going to move FF and Markakis from the 3-4 spots in the lineup?

Isn't a cleanup hitter supposed to "cleanup" the bases, i.e. RBI's? Markakis is 9th in the NL in RBI with 88. Acuna hits solo shots, that's what he does. Whether it's in the 1st inning or the 5th inning, almost all his HR are solo (except yesterday he hit a 2 run). His leadoff HR are a huge boost of energy, and he's been incredible since being moved to leadoff so I'm not sure why you'd mess with a good thing.

No, I don't think snit would.

Acuna doesn't hit more HRs with guys on bc, well, there's no one when he bats. Markakis always has guys on in front of him. This isn't some knock on markakis... I love him. I just want him on base in front of Acuna's extra base hits. Since the break, Acuna is .318/.402/.694, iso = .376, 10 2b, 2 3b, 17 hr... 29 extra base hits, and only 31 RBIs. Do you think if guys were on in front of him that he would turn into Rafael belliard? No, Acuna is the braves best hitter, and he will be until he leaves the braves

ETA... markakis and FF have 30 extra bass hits between them since the break. Acuna has 29.

Would you have a problem if Cohen had hit renfroe leadoff in 2013? This is exactly what we're doing with Acuna. Acuna is our best hitter... let guys get on in front of him

Matty Dispatch
09-10-2018, 01:12 PM
Freddie Freeman is the Braves best hitter. Let's see Acuna do it over 4-5 years first. Franchy, Heyward and several others looked pretty amazing after 1/2 year or 1 year or 2 years but then sank to average player after a few years. Acuna may be different but I'm not going to anoint him just yet.

msstate7
09-10-2018, 01:18 PM
Freddie Freeman is the Braves best hitter. Let's see Acuna do it over 4-5 years first. Franchy, Heyward and several others looked pretty amazing after 1/2 year or 1 year or 2 years but then sank to average player after a few years. Acuna may be different but I'm not going to anoint him just yet.

FF is great. I just think the torch is being passed. Acuna is an absolute monster. .948 ops wasn't touched by frenchy or Heyward...

Tbonewannabe
09-10-2018, 02:01 PM
No, I don't think snit would.

Acuna doesn't hit more HRs with guys on bc, well, there's no one when he bats. Markakis always has guys on in front of him. This isn't some knock on markakis... I love him. I just want him on base in front of Acuna's extra base hits. Since the break, Acuna is .318/.402/.694, iso = .376, 10 2b, 2 3b, 17 hr... 29 extra base hits, and only 31 RBIs. Do you think if guys were on in front of him that he would turn into Rafael belliard? No, Acuna is the braves best hitter, and he will be until he leaves the braves

ETA... markakis and FF have 30 extra bass hits between them since the break. Acuna has 29.

Would you have a problem if Cohen had hit renfroe leadoff in 2013? This is exactly what we're doing with Acuna. Acuna is our best hitter... let guys get on in front of him

Good job throwing that shit sandwich in an otherwise good paragraph.

Matty Dispatch
09-10-2018, 02:16 PM
FF is great. I just think the torch is being passed. Acuna is an absolute monster. .948 ops wasn't touched by frenchy or Heyward...

Frenchy had a .884 OPS in 2005 - nearly the same sample size as Acuna so far this year.

Heyward had a .849 OPS in 2010 - playing a full year.

Not quite .948 but pretty close and the point remains - with both of those two their rookie year was their best year. I hope Acuna is the most amazing player to ever where a Braves jersey but I'm not going to hold my breath.

P.S. Freddie turns 29 in two days. He's in his prime and will be probably for the next 2-3 years.....maybe longer if he can sustain like Markakis has. Maybe he'll pass the torch to Acuna, but not this year, and maybe not a a few years.

msstate7
09-10-2018, 02:19 PM
Frenchy had a .884 OPS in 2005 - nearly the same sample size as Acuna so far this year.

Heyward had a .849 OPS in 2010 - playing a full year.

Not quite .948 but pretty close and the point remains - with both of those two their rookie year was their best year. I hope Acuna is the most amazing player to ever where a Braves jersey but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Well let's just throw out the future... Acuna is having the best offensive year of any braves THIS season.

smootness
09-10-2018, 03:03 PM

This is backwards thinking. Cleanup hitters are in the best position to get RBI, which is why Markakis has so many. And leadoff hitters bat with runners on less than any other position, which is a large reason why Acuna has hit so many solo HR. Switch them in the order, and you will see Acuna hit fewer solo HR and Markakis have fewer RBI. That's just the way it works.

14 of Acuna's 25 HR this year have led off an inning. 8 of those have been leading off the 1st, but the other 6 have come in some other inning later in the game...because he leads off innings and/or bats without runners on more than any other player in the Braves lineup, not because he just has some bent toward hitting solo HR. Just like Markakis gets RBI because he hits with runners on most, not because he is more bent toward RBI.

shoeless joe
09-10-2018, 03:22 PM
This is backwards thinking. Cleanup hitters are in the best position to get RBI, which is why Markakis has so many. And leadoff hitters bat with runners on less than any other position, which is a large reason why Acuna has hit so many solo HR. Switch them in the order, and you will see Acuna hit fewer solo HR and Markakis have fewer RBI. That's just the way it works.

14 of Acuna's 25 HR this year have led off an inning. 8 of those have been leading off the 1st, but the other 6 have come in some other inning later in the game...because he leads off innings and/or bats without runners on more than any other player in the Braves lineup, not because he just has some bent toward hitting solo HR. Just like Markakis gets RBI because he hits with runners on most, not because he is more bent toward RBI.

Wl this doesn't take into consideration two things...1) maybe acuna hits the way he has been BECAUSE he's in the lead off spot 2) the mental affect those lead off homeruns have on the psyche of the team

smootness
09-10-2018, 03:58 PM
Wl this doesn't take into consideration two things...1) maybe acuna hits the way he has been BECAUSE he's in the lead off spot 2) the mental affect those lead off homeruns have on the psyche of the team

A player's place in the order has shown to not have any real effect over time. I do think there are times he can jump on a first pitch because it's usually a fastball thrown in and around the strike zone. And I'm not really even saying he should be moved down, I'm ok with him hitting where he is. I'm just saying that using the result of their spot in the order to justify their spot in the order doesn't make a lot of sense.

msstate7
09-10-2018, 11:48 PM
5-game lead
Magic number is 15
18 games to go

klong-dog
09-11-2018, 12:22 AM
Let's go!! It be nice to build that lead to 7 or 8 before those 7/10 final final games against the Phil's. Though with how bad they've been the past month, surely we beat them a few times.

msstate7
09-11-2018, 06:39 AM
We've got folty and sanchez going the next 2 days vs a struggling team. Hopefully they pitch well and the nats help us some. This is becoming real... don't blow it braves

MetEdDawg
09-11-2018, 07:57 AM
If we can sweep the Giants that would give us a minimum 4.5 game lead (Phillies would have to sweep their DH today and win tomorrow) with 14 games left to play. Gonna be hard for them to come back on this.

If we keep hitting like we are we win the division. I'll also say that it was obvious after the first batter that Newcomb had his really good stuff. I texted my buddy after the first batter and told him that Newcomb was going to dominate and he did. 6 innings, 3 hits, no walks, 8 strikeouts. 66% of pitches were strikes. Much better performance from him. His motion was easy and not labored, and he was able to command the FB well enough. If he's doing that, we will be tough to beat.

msstate7
09-12-2018, 12:24 AM
6.5-game lead
Magic number is 12
17 games to go

I think it's about time to plan for postseason. I really hope they clinch next Saturday sept 22nd bc I'll be there

Matty Dispatch
09-12-2018, 06:18 AM
6.5-game lead
Magic number is 12
17 games to go

I think it's about time to plan for postseason. I really hope they clinch next Saturday sept 22nd bc I'll be there

You need to start planning a date prior to the playoffs to start a thread saying we are going to blow it. It will ensure us victory in the Division Series.

Just kidding.....but only a little bit....it's uncanny how many times you've said we are about to tank or get overtaken only to see the team win 8 of the next 10 or go out west and win 5 of 6, etc. I've thought this team would hit a wall at some point like the Phillies have but they just keep on finding ways to win.

shoeless joe
09-12-2018, 06:42 AM
It's a long season...but we're hitting the short rows now. The streakiness of this team is only thing holding me back from thinking it's a done deal.

msstate7
09-12-2018, 07:43 AM
You need to start planning a date prior to the playoffs to start a thread saying we are going to blow it. It will ensure us victory in the Division Series.

Just kidding.....but only a little bit....it's uncanny how many times you've said we are about to tank or get overtaken only to see the team win 8 of the next 10 or go out west and win 5 of 6, etc. I've thought this team would hit a wall at some point like the Phillies have but they just keep on finding ways to win.

Don't worry... I can come up with a total melt and dooms day prediction at the drop of the hat haha

I just think it's over. The Phillies are playing abysmal ball right now. 538 puts braves odds at winning east at 96% right now... let's just hope they're better at baseball than presidential elections

MetEdDawg
09-12-2018, 07:49 AM
Here's some fun math. If we go 9-8 over our last 17, the Phillies have to go 16-2 and the Nats have to go 17-0 in order to pass us.

We aren't losing the division unless we just completely collapse, and this team is entirely too good to completely collapse.

msstate7
09-12-2018, 08:01 AM
Stretch run:
Braves...
1 at Giants
3 vs nats
3 vs cards
4 vs Phillies
3 at Mets
3 at Phillies

Phillies...
1 vs nats
3 vs marlins
3 vs Mets
4 at braves
4 at Rockies
3 vs braves

Anything can happen, but if you're betting Phillies at this point, you're betting extreme longshot. The braves are the better team... run differential = braves +102, Phillies -16. The Phillies pen resembles the braves' during our epic crash in 2011. I've been a doomsday guy most the season, but snit and company appear to be hitting their stride again at the right time.

shoeless joe
09-12-2018, 08:43 AM
Speaking of snit....he creates some questions in terms of strategy on occasion BUT there is no doubt that the strength of this team; playing hard for nine innings and being resilient, is directly related to his strength as a manager. He is very similar to Bobby in that regard...way more so than anyone else they could have hired.

Dawg61
09-12-2018, 08:51 AM
6.5 game lead. It's over. Braves are in. Giants have totally collapsed since before trading Cutch to Yanks. Guaranteed win vs them today. Giants couldn't score 4 runs if you gave them a runner on 2nd at the beginning of each inning. Stopped watching them about twenty games ago. They are total dogshit. Dumbasses have about $90 mill a year tied into 5 players giving them almost 0 production all year long. (Bumgarner, Cueto, Samardicksucker, Pence, Melancon)

Matty Dispatch
09-12-2018, 12:14 PM
I hope Folty can have a couple of those complete game gems in the playoffs like he's had a couple times this year than who knows. The starting pitching is unproven in the postseason but when they are good they could be good enough to keep the bullpen out of it for the most part. At least we are going to make it back again.....the Braves playing in October just feels right.

MetEdDawg
09-12-2018, 12:50 PM
I hope Folty can have a couple of those complete game gems in the playoffs like he's had a couple times this year than who knows. The starting pitching is unproven in the postseason but when they are good they could be good enough to keep the bullpen out of it for the most part. At least we are going to make it back again.....the Braves playing in October just feels right.

My biggest concern is the lack of playoff experience. Got a couple leaders like Freeman and Markakis who have been but have had little success once they got there. Then you have so many with zero experience. Good thing is that this team is talented. If we are full strength going into the playoffs we are going to be very difficult to beat.

Matty Dispatch
09-12-2018, 12:56 PM
My biggest concern is the lack of playoff experience. Got a couple leaders like Freeman and Markakis who have been but have had little success once they got there. Then you have so many with zero experience. Good thing is that this team is talented. If we are full strength going into the playoffs we are going to be very difficult to beat.

Really this year is all about gaining that playoff experience. And hopefully at the very least they can push a Division Series to 5 games or even win it and make it to the NLCS. Anything beyond that is gravy.....but if we make the World Series and lose in 6 or 7 games that would still be devastating.

smootness
09-12-2018, 01:09 PM
We will have to lose at least 5 of the 7 remaining against the Phillies to potentially lose the division.

msstate7
09-13-2018, 12:34 PM
7.5-game lead
Magic number is 10
16 games to go

Print the shirts

Matty Dispatch
09-13-2018, 12:42 PM
It would be fun to clinch vs. the Phillies but it may be the Nationals that are in 2nd place by the time the Braves clinch. The Phillies collapse is remarkably bad: 10-23 since August 8th.....the last day they had sole possession of 1st place.

shoeless joe
09-13-2018, 01:40 PM
It would be fun to clinch vs. the Phillies but it may be the Nationals that are in 2nd place by the time the Braves clinch. The Phillies collapse is remarkably bad: 10-23 since August 8th.....the last day they had sole possession of 1st place.

What do they metrix say to do during such a collapse?

msstate7
09-18-2018, 07:26 AM
The braves are pretty much unwatchable at the moment. Last 5 games...

45.0 ip 38 bb 32 k
BB9 = 7.6
K9 = 6.4

The walks have got to stop. Thank God, the Phillies are in even worse shape than the braves or I'd be really nervous right now. Magic number at 7, and I'm there Saturday... please clinch while I'm there

MetEdDawg
09-18-2018, 07:48 AM
The Phillies are going to be the biggest reason we win the division. They've been awful. Any pulse from them over the last month and this series coming up with them would be way more important than it is.

Magic number is 7, so when the Phillies come to town for a 4 game set, we could potentially clinch the division depending on how the Nationals do and if they pass the Phillies.

This team just doesn't know how to win in september. Everyone is tired, games actually mean something, and the majority of the guys on this team have virtually no playoff experience. I think once we get to the playoffs we will be fine. But getting there is going to be ugly. This team is a year early and the youth and inexperience in big time baseball games was partly why we weren't expected to be in this spot. Now we just have to hang on and get there.

shoeless joe
09-18-2018, 09:07 AM
This team is and has been streaky all year. That's both bad and good news for the playoffs.

The most frustrating part of this team is the inability to have a shut down inning after the offense gets them back in a game. And this isn't a recent phenomenon...it's been the case in all the low points this year.

msudawglb
09-18-2018, 09:40 AM
This team is and has been streaky all year. That's both bad and good news for the playoffs.

The most frustrating part of this team is the inability to have a shut down inning after the offense gets them back in a game. And this isn't a recent phenomenon...it's been the case in all the low points this year.

I'd appreciate it if they could continue their losing streak another 2 games. Then they can win the last 9 or so. Go Cardinals!

msstate7
09-18-2018, 09:43 AM
I'd appreciate it if they could continue their losing streak another 2 games. Then they can win the last 9 or so. Go Cardinals!

Braves split with cards
Mets beat Phillies next 2
Braves and Phillies split Thursday Friday
Braves win Saturday and clinch

msstate7
09-18-2018, 09:44 PM
While very frustrated, I'm not in panic mode yet. The braves have got to play better at home though... they have gone 4-14 in their last 18 home games. Wow

msudawglb
09-19-2018, 09:33 AM
While very frustrated, I'm not in panic mode yet. The braves have got to play better at home though... they have gone 4-14 in their last 18 home games. Wow

While I admit, I don't watch many Braves games, I did watch last nights game. I'm not telling you anything that you don't know, but the bullpen has been stinking it up. Way too many walks.

msstate7
09-19-2018, 09:44 AM
While I admit, I don't watch many Braves games, I did watch last nights game. I'm not telling you anything that you don't know, but the bullpen has been stinking it up. Way too many walks.

I'd say so. In September, the braves have pitched 154 inning, and they have walked 94 batters = 5.49 bb9. They have walked 9 or more in 5 of 17 September games. They have walked 6 or more in 9 of 17 September games. The braves are 2nd worse in mlb this season in bb9

shoeless joe
09-19-2018, 09:58 AM
Just another streak amid a very streaky season. Hope they can turn it around here quickly. Rather lose to the cards than the phils

msudawglb
09-19-2018, 10:06 AM
Just another streak amid a very streaky season. Hope they can turn it around here quickly. Rather lose to the cards than the phils

Cards need the sweep. We finish up with series with the Brewers and Cubs which will be tough to split. Losing 3 out of 4 to the Dodgers really hurt. I will say, the Dodgers are probably playing the best ball in the NL over the past 2 weeks.

shoeless joe
09-19-2018, 01:18 PM
Still unable to have a shut down inning. Unbelievable

msstate7
09-19-2018, 01:25 PM
Still unable to have a shut down inning. Unbelievable

These walks and allowing the opponent to answer are just wild. Gotta figure this will swing the other way soon

msstate7
09-20-2018, 10:42 AM
Huge 4 game series with Phillies starts tonight. I would love to wrap up the division this weekend, but gotta take 1. If we win 1, I don't think there's any way we lose the division. 1 win would put the division lead at 3.5 and magic number at 4 going into last week. We'd have 3 games at Mets and 3 at Phillies. They'd have 4 games at Rockies and 3 vs us. If we win 1 this weekend, they'd most likely have to go 6-1 with 3 of those vs the braves. Not impossible, but doubtful. 2 games this weekend, and it's ova

shoeless joe
09-20-2018, 12:43 PM
Really needa jump on em tonite and cruise to victory easily. Worst case scenario is a bullpen walk a thin allowing them to come back late in the game. But anyhow winning tonite is absolutely huge for many a different reason.

MetEdDawg
09-20-2018, 01:54 PM
Really needa jump on em tonite and cruise to victory easily. Worst case scenario is a bullpen walk a thin allowing them to come back late in the game. But anyhow winning tonite is absolutely huge for many a different reason.

Yeah if we come out strong tonight I think we can put the nail in their coffin and break their will. They are hanging on by a thread but they are the walking dead right now. Need to take advantage of that. They will come out spirited tonight, but if we take it to them tonight they will crumble.

shoeless joe
09-20-2018, 09:26 PM
Vizcaino looks to have adjusted his arm action. Slider looks good. Be nice for him to round into form.

MetEdDawg
09-21-2018, 05:32 AM
Vizcaino looks to have adjusted his arm action. Slider looks good. Be nice for him to round into form.

His FB hit 99 too. He's got to be on the playoff roster. Leave Carle off.

I think we broke the Phillies last night. That looked like the nail in the coffin. Teheran needs to follow it up with a big time start and shove it today. He's probably pitching for a rotation spot in the playoffs tonight.

Liverpooldawg
09-22-2018, 12:18 AM
The number is 2.

MetEdDawg
09-22-2018, 12:24 AM
The number is 2.

And the Nats are officially eliminated. Win tomorrow and it's our division.

Liverpooldawg
09-22-2018, 12:26 AM
Yep

msstate7
09-22-2018, 02:21 PM
I come and see first hand how dumb snit is. Total freaking idiot. Why do you pull folty?

msstate7
09-22-2018, 02:57 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/tCJSt8Fd/D9_E7_D9_A7-5_D11-4800-_BC97-_F8_F8_FBF13_D50.jpg (https://postimg.cc/QHLJj44V)

I even cheered when they announced snit, joe. Great job, braves

Commercecomet24
09-22-2018, 03:00 PM
Division Champs baby!

shoeless joe
09-22-2018, 03:34 PM
Vizcaino looks really good and fresh. I think him sobotka brauch and venters should be the staples in the division series. I'd also stick Newcombe in the pen.

VandelayIndustries
09-22-2018, 03:52 PM
He did, Minter scares me every time he is out there

msstate7
09-27-2018, 09:52 AM
Braves currently have a 1-game lead on Rockies for home field. Rockies play Phillies and nats x3. Braves have Mets and Phillies x3. Dodgers are 1.5 behind braves and .5 behind Rockies. They have 3 vs giants left.

Really hope the Rockies win out, and dodgers/cubs are WC game

msstate7
09-27-2018, 09:54 AM
Oh, and I really don't like missing Swanson. Hopefully he's back for NLDS

parabrave
09-27-2018, 11:02 AM
Oh, and I really don't like missing Swanson. Hopefully he's back for NLDS

Culberson is a capable backup. But I hope he is back. He is my biggest surprise so far this year.

RocketDawg
09-28-2018, 06:50 PM
Watching a bit of the Braves game before football comes on. Was just treated to a Bulldog Kia advertisement. My observation is that the big city local Atlanta ads are just as bad as they are here.