PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Team Meeting

TrapGame
10-02-2017, 10:46 AM
Anyone else hearing this. The upperclassmen have called a players only team meeting. They want things fixed, now. My source is someone who is friends with someone very close to the players.

MarketingBully
10-02-2017, 10:47 AM
This is good to hear. Glad our leaders are stepping up.

Mimi's Babies
10-02-2017, 10:49 AM
Working it from another area to locate information...

@@@@ HAS NOT HEARD ANYTHING....

Jack Lambert
10-02-2017, 10:52 AM
Maybe Simmons is going to kick some O Lineman in the ass.

smootness
10-02-2017, 10:55 AM
Great. I'm sure this will work.

Maroonthirteen
10-02-2017, 11:06 AM
Player only meetings....always a good sign.***

3-2. Many winnable games left.

Outside Dawg
10-02-2017, 11:08 AM
Are they gonna meet to see if anyone knows any wide receivers looking for work?

Jack Lambert
10-02-2017, 11:10 AM

We could see 8-4 or 9-3. After a 5-7 season I will take that.

TrapGame
10-02-2017, 11:14 AM

I just wonder if the team leaders are seeing something we aren't. After two humiliating blow outs in a row they may just want to right some heads. They see it could be a 9-3 season but some attitudes need adjusting and heads need to be cleared.

Rejlector84sports
10-02-2017, 11:30 AM
In 1980 the team had an on-and-off first half of the season, then lost big to USM at homecoming. They had a knockdown, drag-out team meeting after the USM game and went on to take down the Murderer's Row: Auburn, Bama (the famous 6-3 upset win), LSU and the Conferderates. (Source; good high school friend was on the team).

Team meetings can make a difference.

LC Dawg
10-02-2017, 11:46 AM
Anyone else hearing this. The upperclassmen have called a players only team meeting. They want things fixed, now. My source is someone who is friends with someone very close to the players.

I thought they did this after the Georgia game too just to talk about things without the coaches around. I may be mistaken but I thought one of the players said they did this in an interview.

Bubb Rubb
10-02-2017, 11:47 AM
I just wonder if the team leaders are seeing something we aren't. After two humiliating blow outs in a row they may just want to right some heads. They see it could be a 9-3 season but some attitudes need adjusting and heads need to be cleared.

I think everyone just needs to chill. Preseason, most everyone was predicting 6-6 and 7-5 with an 8-4 ceiling. When we beat LSU, everyone overreacted one way, and now after a couple of losses, everyone has overreacted the other way. You're never as good as you are when you're at your best, and you're never as bad as you are when you're at your worst. That 8-4 ceiling pick is now a likely outcome with a 9-3 ceiling. We are going to be just fine.

JDog13
10-02-2017, 11:49 AM
I heard Brandon Bryant didn't make the meeting. It faked play action and was 10 yards further down the hall.

Dawg61
10-02-2017, 12:09 PM
I heard Brandon Bryant didn't make the meeting. It faked play action and was 10 yards further down the hall.

https://media.giphy.com/media/wGfFoxjeoTHkQ/giphy.gif

Dental Dawg33
10-02-2017, 12:23 PM
I think everyone just needs to chill. Preseason, most everyone was predicting 6-6 and 7-5 with an 8-4 ceiling. When we beat LSU, everyone overreacted one way, and now after a couple of losses, everyone has overreacted the other way. You're never as good as you are when you're at your best, and you're never as bad as you are when you're at your worst. That 8-4 ceiling pick is now a likely outcome with a 9-3 ceiling. We are going to be just fine.

Agreed. I'll admit, I got excited after LSU and thought we would beat Georgia. Well, we now know that LSU is not very good and after Georgia reamed us, it was apparent Auburn and Bama more than likely would too. But, like you said, 8-4 is more than possible and 9-3 is within reach as well. We can beat anyone else on our schedule with the exception of Bama. I want to contend with the big boys like everyone else, but we all knew this year was going to be a ? and I think we are going to have a much better year than I thought back in August.

Ezsoil
10-02-2017, 02:19 PM
I heard from my cousin's sister in law's church minister's secretary that its true

TrapGame
10-02-2017, 02:35 PM
I heard from my cousin's sister in law's church minister's secretary that its true

You don't even know who I heard this from and if you did you'd look like a fool.

MetEdDawg
10-02-2017, 02:38 PM
I hope this is true. Team needs to grow up and it needs leadership to do that kind of thing.

As far as the record, I would be happy with 8-4. But we shouldn't be happy with how we played on the field the last two weeks. 8-4 isn't bad. But people using the excuse that well we were 5-7 last year is a garbage thing to say. We might be middle of the pack, but we are a long way away from the Top 4 in the conference. I thought we would at least be more competitive against those caliber teams in year 9.

sleepy dawg
10-02-2017, 02:49 PM
You don't even know who I heard this from and if you did you'd look like a fool.

Was it Jesus? If so, that would be quite the source.

TrapGame
10-02-2017, 02:54 PM
Was it Jesus? If so, that would be quite the source.

Everybody's got to be a comedian. Don't quit your day job Sleepy.

Dawg61
10-02-2017, 03:34 PM

Haha damn Trap that was funny from Sleepy. You let Ezsoil get under your skin with a newb joke.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-02-2017, 03:56 PM

Our body language on defense was shit and continued to be shit after Auburn's first score. Heads were hanging and they were already beat. I can take losing and I can take an ass beating, but sulking and giving up is unacceptable.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-02-2017, 03:57 PM

Hell you could swap out Abrams too.

Leeshouldveflanked
10-02-2017, 04:25 PM
Abram had several big hits against Auburn...

MaroonFlounder
10-02-2017, 06:06 PM
I'd be willing to bet that this divides the team instead of unifies it. I hope I'm wrong. Mentally, several of these guys have checked out. It's weird. Brandon Bryant played great coming up in run support, but runs (not very fast) around lost in pass coverage.

Apoplectic
10-02-2017, 06:20 PM
always the last resort.....the ole come to jesus meeting that never amounts to anything! how about just catch the damn ball, don't move until the ball is snapped, and do your job in the secondary?

Kyper
10-02-2017, 06:35 PM
It doesnt matter if the team met or not. A Team meeting doesnt make us better at WR, OL, CB, Safety, and recruiting.

Dawgowar
10-02-2017, 07:28 PM
As Bill Curry used to say, team meetings are just a bunch "Wegunna's" - "Wegunna do this, Wegunna do that"

Hey Shows they have some pride. If it helps them finish October with 3-4 wins out of 4, it's fine by me.

Bothrops
10-02-2017, 07:55 PM
The ref knew a defensive touchdown would fire up our whole team, hence the rea$on for blowing the whistle.

TUSK
10-02-2017, 08:04 PM
Bammer had a team meeting after the COL ST game... seem to help...

Our guys are fairly "self-regulatory" due to MMDL's Process of Assimilation...

Bothrops
10-02-2017, 08:18 PM
I'd be willing to bet that this divides the team instead of unifies it. I hope I'm wrong. Mentally, several of these guys have checked out. It's weird. Brandon Bryant played great coming up in run support, but runs (not very fast) around lost in pass coverage.

Brandon Bryant is the fastest and slowest player on the team.

Percho
10-02-2017, 08:41 PM
always the last resort.....the ole come to jesus meeting that never amounts to anything! how about just catch the damn ball, don't move until the ball is snapped, and do your job in the secondary?

Methinks this means, Get your head out of your ___!

msstatelp1
10-02-2017, 08:54 PM
Bammer had a team meeting after the COL ST game... seem to help...

Our guys are fairly "self-regulatory" due to MMDL's Process of Assimilation...

well the old "get your shit together or I'm putting you on the street" usually works

Dawg61
10-02-2017, 09:19 PM
Brandon Bryant is the fastest and slowest player on the team.

Haha this is kinda like being GOAT and being a goat

confucius say
10-02-2017, 10:00 PM

Exactly how would one fake play action? Wouldn't it just be play action?

JDog13
10-02-2017, 10:37 PM
Exactly how would one fake play action? Wouldn't it just be play action?

I was wondering who would be the one to say it. In my haste I left out faked "him on."

bulldawg28
10-03-2017, 05:35 AM

It doesn't divide the team it brings accountability. Team meetings bring focus back to goals set and why they're not being met. People are not generally "called out" everyone knows where their own flaws are. It's a refocusing session of forgetting the past and banning together.

Cooterpoot
10-03-2017, 06:05 AM
Did our team leader McLaurin show up, or was he still in the burn center?*

Spiderman
10-03-2017, 08:44 AM

(Jerk off motion)

That's all fine and good, now get out there onthe practice field and run concentration drills with the WR's and coverage responsibilities with the DB's

Doggie_Style
10-03-2017, 08:52 AM
(Jerk off motion)

That's all fine and good, now get out there onthe practice field and run concentration drills with the WR's and coverage responsibilities with the DB's

...but that's the problem, our WR's are so bad that our DB's think they are playing lights out in practice

sleepy dawg
10-03-2017, 11:07 AM

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/3d/56/c6/3d56c61e5aba7f9db537d1e5d0fb8144.jpg