PDA

View Full Version : Things that piss off WMD.

War Machine Dawg
10-02-2017, 10:15 AM
Gents, instead of Armchair QB this week, I thought I'd list some football related things that piss off WMD. This list is non-exhaustive, but they're a good synopsis from the last two weeks. Here's my list:

1. False Starts
2. Refs That Suck or are Crooked
3. No WRs
4. Play Calling
5. Hev's OL "recruiting"
6. Hev
7. Billy G's "coaching"
8. The Country Club on O getting an annual free pass
9. Mullen Tucking His Ball in a Desk Drawer for Big Games

We're a decent team that's arguably 4th best in the SEC. But as the last 2 weeks showed, there's a huge gap between #3 & #4 in this league. I think we finish no worse than 7-5 with 9-3 a real possibility. The only team I'm certain that beats us the rest of the way is Bama and they're going to skull17 us. I wouldn't be surprised if we lose our 2 remaining road games, as we look like an absolute dumpster fire road team right now. But aTm is a mess and I think we're about even or a little better than UPig.

What really pisses me off: Knowing that there is no accountability for the offensive coaching staff. We can be a damned disaster in the big games with all our flaws clearly on display: Lack of quality OL & WRs, shitty route running, etc. But we all know nothing will change on that side of the ball and we'll have the same group of offensive coaches back next season. It is what it is at this point. We just have to accept it. We have a glass ceiling and it will remain bulletproof glass until our HC is willing to hold every member of his staff to the same standard he holds his defensive staff.

All that to say: I think our record will wind up being fine but that won't make us a very good team at the end of the day.

I can't wait to hear what you guys have to say.

Jack Lambert
10-02-2017, 10:22 AM
After watching Tenn with all their five and four stars get their asses handed to, after watching Auburn hold Clemson to 14, I am holding my opinion to see what the scores are over our next two games.

We played two of the top three teams in the SEC on the road and both could possibly be two of the top 8 teams in the country. I am not as down as many of you.

This could be the year that one conference gets two into the play offs. Georgia and Bama. If both are in the top 4 and both undefeated going into the SEC Championship it could happen.

Bubb Rubb
10-02-2017, 10:26 AM
1. False starts - poor preparation. I cringe every time I see Fitz screaming behind his linemen when he changes a play. I hate how we expect our linemen to hold their stance for 25 seconds while we take our sweet time getting a play in, and then verbalizing it over a loud crowd. This is one of my pet peeves with this team.
2. Refs sucked on a couple of calls no doubt, but never blame the refs. That's what Ole Miss fans do. It didn't factor in the result.
3. We could be better at WR, but the big reason this is a glaring weakness is because we couldn't run the ball. Running the ball opens up the rest of the offense. The last two weeks, we've played two teams that were capable of taking that away from us. We only have one more such defense on the schedule left. We'll be ok.
4. Play calling - we can all question play selection when they don't work. The reality is that defenses like we faced the last two weeks are going to make us look bad. The playcalling looked pretty good against LSU, because we were able to establish the run.
5. We have to recruit better on the OL, no doubt. It's not all on Hevesy, but he owns part of it.
6. Our OL is less of a coaching problem and more of a recruiting problem
7. Back to #3....it starts with our ability to establish the run.
8. This is nonsense.
9. This is nonsense. It goes back to not being able to establish the run. If he took more shots down the field, you'd be here questioning his playcalling even further. He tried to throw it on first down, he tried to take a couple of shots, he tried to move the pocket, hell, he even tried a fake punt.

How do you know there is no accountability with the offensive coaching staff? You don't. You're just speculating. This is an overreaction to having played two of the best three teams in the league back-to-back after an emotional win over LSU. Lighten up and enjoy the ride. It's going to be a good year.

MarketingBully
10-02-2017, 10:35 AM
Don’t blame the refs? A video is worth a thousand words....

https://twitter.com/wespitts/status/914259899797917698

MarketingBully
10-02-2017, 10:36 AM
A couple of calls? Lol, I bet you could question 20-25 calls in that game on Saturday.

War Machine Dawg
10-02-2017, 10:37 AM
1. False starts - poor preparation. I cringe every time I see Fitz screaming behind his linemen when he changes a play. I hate how we expect our linemen to hold their stance for 25 seconds while we take our sweet time getting a play in, and then verbalizing it over a loud crowd. This is one of my pet peeves with this team.
2. Refs sucked on a couple of calls no doubt, but never blame the refs. That's what Ole Miss fans do. It didn't factor in the result.
3. We could be better at WR, but the big reason this is a glaring weakness is because we couldn't run the ball. Running the ball opens up the rest of the offense. The last two weeks, we've played two teams that were capable of taking that away from us. We only have one more such defense on the schedule left. We'll be ok.
4. Play calling - we can all question play selection when they don't work. The reality is that defenses like we faced the last two weeks are going to make us look bad. The playcalling looked pretty good against LSU, because we were able to establish the run.
5. We have to recruit better on the OL, no doubt. It's not all on Hevesy, but he owns part of it.
8. This is nonsense.
9. This is nonsense. It goes back to not being able to establish the run. If he took more shots down the field, you'd be here questioning his playcalling even further. He tried to throw it on first down, he tried to take a couple of shots, he tried to move the pocket, hell, he even tried a fake punt.

How do you know there is no accountability with the offensive coaching staff? You don't. You're just speculating. This is an overreaction to having played two of the best three teams in the league back-to-back after an emotional win over LSU. Lighten up and enjoy the ride. It's going to be a good year.

I'm not saying it cost us the game. Thought I made it pretty clear that Auburn & UGA are a whole lot better than us and deserved to win. But at one point in the game against Auburn, we were down 18 and by my count, the refs had directly contributed to a difference of 17 points. The early whistle on the fumble return TD was beyond awful. It completely changed the feel of the game. I think Auburn still beats us by 2+ TDs, but I don't think it turns into the complete blowout we saw. They are better, hats off to them.

Bubb Rubb
10-02-2017, 10:38 AM
Don’t blame the refs? A video is worth a thousand words....

https://twitter.com/wespitts/status/914259899797917698

Like I said, they had a bad night. The worst one was the defensive pass interference that should have been offensive pass interference. But that's not what lost the game. Crying about the officiating is stupid. If it had ended up being a one possession game, it would be a little more warranted.

MarketingBully
10-02-2017, 10:44 AM
Like I said, they had a bad night. The worst one was the defensive pass interference that should have been offensive pass interference. But that's not what lost the game. Crying about the officiating is stupid. If it had ended up being a one possession game, it would be a little more warranted.

Do you not understand that had they called holds early and had not whistled the play dead on the fumble, it’s a close game? This game wouldn’t have been a blowout had the officials done their job. On the seven plays where Auburn gained 30 yards or more there was a hold either by their OL or their receivers on the edge. You do realize had the officials officiated the game like they did the past two weeks in the LSU game we possibly don’t win that game. The officials the last two weeks dictated the blowouts.

MarketingBully
10-02-2017, 10:46 AM
I'm not saying it cost us the game. Thought I made it pretty clear that Auburn & UGA are a whole lot better than us and deserved to win. But at one point in the game against Auburn, we were down 18 and by my count, the refs had directly contributed to a difference of 17 points. The early whistle on the fumble return TD was beyond awful. It completely changed the feel of the game. I think Auburn still beats us by 2+ TDs, but I don't think it turns into the complete blowout we saw. They are better, hats off to them.

If LSU had gotten the calls that Auburn and UGA got, we would be 2-3 right now.

LC Dawg
10-02-2017, 10:48 AM
I agree we have some problems on offense but what worries me the most is the play selection of Auburn when we had them 1st and 99.9 yards. They obviously had no respect for our pass defense.
I know we can score on A&M, Ole Miss, and some of these other teams but if we don't fix our pass defense we are going to give up a lot of yards to those teams. Maybe not Ole Miss because they will probably have completely given up by then but our pass defense worries me a lot.

Bubb Rubb
10-02-2017, 10:48 AM
Do you not understand that had they called holds early and had not whistled the play dead on the fumble, it’s a close game? This game wouldn’t have been a blowout had the officials done their job. On the seven plays where Auburn gained 30 yards or more there was a hold either by their OL or their receivers on the edge. You do realize had the officials officiated the game like they did the past two weeks in the LSU game we possibly don’t win that game. The officials the last two weeks dictated the blowouts.

Do you not understand how stupid you sound? It was a 49-10 game. Holding can be called on every play, against either team. If you think officiating was the difference in this game, you can't be helped. I suggest you start rooting for Ole Miss and jump over to the spirit and complain about how the officiating cost them against Bama. That kind of stuff is much more welcomed over there.

MarketingBully
10-02-2017, 10:49 AM
I agree we have some problems on offense but what worries me the most is the play selection of Auburn when we had them 1st and 99.9 yards. They obviously had no respect for our pass defense.
I know we can score on A&M, Ole Miss, and some of these other teams but if we don't fix our pass defense we are going to give up a lot of yards to those teams. Maybe not Ole Miss because they will probably have completely given up by then but our pass defense worries me a lot.

No respect for our pass defense? They knew the refs weren’t going to throw a flag for holding. When you know that, why not hold the shit out of the DL and just let it fly.

Bubb Rubb
10-02-2017, 10:51 AM

I agree....it really starts with the defensive line. Obviously Auburn's OL was much better than people thought because they stoned our DL/Backers and gave Stidham time to throw the ball. We looked good in early games defensively because our DL was able to wreck shit up front. That hasn't happened the last two weeks.

MarketingBully
10-02-2017, 10:52 AM
Do you not understand how stupid you sound? It was a 49-10 game. Holding can be called on every play, against either team. If you think officiating was the difference in this game, you can't be helped. I suggest you start rooting for Ole Miss and jump over to the spirit and complain about how the officiating cost them against Bama. That kind of stuff is much more welcomed over there.

Actually, our fanbase is the only one that likes to take it up the ass on officiating saying they had a “bad day.”

Jack Lambert
10-02-2017, 10:53 AM
If LSU had gotten the calls that Auburn and UGA got, we would be 2-3 right now.

Or lack of calls. Even if the game was close I don't think the Refs were going to let us win.

Bubb Rubb
10-02-2017, 10:54 AM
http://motherhow.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/cute-crying-baby-e1444723335206-519x400.jpg

MarketingBully
10-02-2017, 11:01 AM
I agree....it really starts with the defensive line. Obviously Auburn's OL was much better than people thought because they stoned our DL/Backers and gave Stidham time to throw the ball. We looked good in early games defensively because our DL was able to wreck shit up front. That hasn't happened the last two weeks.

And yet you are blaming the position group that was being held all night. Same as last week. Sure we got blasted 80-13 over the last two weeks but had the refs made the calls those numbers shrink considerably. We didn’t just all of a sudden play like shit the last two weeks on the DL. There has to be another reason especially considering Auburn’s OL gave up 11 sacks against Clemson.

MarketingBully
10-02-2017, 11:02 AM
http://motherhow.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/cute-crying-baby-e1444723335206-519x400.jpg

Haha, clever considering you are a fan of the same team....

War Machine Dawg
10-02-2017, 11:04 AM
Geebus this thread has gotten off track. We've got two whole threads devoted to officiating. I'd rather talk about my other 8 points, especially lack of any accountability for the offensive coaching staff. When will someone lose their job because we can't score on upper tier SEC teams, haven't recruited SEC caliber OL, and have poorly coached WRs who can't create separation with their route running?

bluelightstar
10-02-2017, 12:06 PM
8. This is nonsense.

UK is #3 in the country against the run, giving up 74 YPG at 2.6 YPC. How much of that is function of schedule -- who knows?

A&M is #15.

Bubb Rubb
10-02-2017, 12:13 PM
UK is #3 in the country against the run, giving up 74 YPG at 2.6 YPC. How much of that is function of schedule -- who knows?

A&M is #15.

Excellent points and I considered UK when I typed that, but I refuse to believe that either they or A&M are at the UGA-AUB-BAMA level defensively. A&M has played exactly nobody, and Kentucky has been unspectacular at best thus far against a relatively light schedule (Florida notwithstanding).

I think we should be able to establish a running game against those teams.

Dawg61
10-02-2017, 12:30 PM
A&M is better than people are giving them credit. They should be 5-0 right now if they hadn't of shat a 44-10 lead vs UCLA. I don't think we beat them this year. I am worried about UK too. Our offense has been atrocious the last two weeks. When does Gabe Myles return?

Bubb Rubb
10-02-2017, 12:38 PM
A&M is better than people are giving them credit. They should be 5-0 right now if they hadn't of shat a 44-10 lead vs UCLA. I don't think we beat them this year. I am worried about UK too. Our offense has been atrocious the last two weeks. When does Gabe Myles return?

A&M has a historic collapse against a non-so-great UCLA team, a ten point win over Nicholls State, a victory over Louisiana Lafayette where they trailed at halftime, an overtime win over Arkansas, and an ugly, unspectacular 7 point win against South Carolina. They are going to get exposed when their schedule picks up. There is a reason Kevin Sumlin is on the hot seat. Just a friendly reminder that they were ranked #4 nationally (in the college football playoff rankings) when they came to Starkville and we beat them pretty easily last year.

Kentucky has close wins over Southern Miss, Eastern Kentucky, and Eastern Michigan, along with a win over South Carolina and their loss to Florida, which really took the wind out of their sails.

We should not lose either of these games.

Jack Lambert
10-02-2017, 12:59 PM

A&M is #15.

Have you seen those two teams play? They are average.

War Machine Dawg
10-02-2017, 01:27 PM

Myles coming back won't make much of a difference. Another short WR in a corps full of short WRs. And Mixon has done damn good in his place. He gives us homerun speed that Gabe lacks. What we really need someone with size to step up, like Couch. But more than anything, we need our OL to get their shit together. Until they can block, everything else is academic.

Dawg61
10-02-2017, 01:40 PM
Osirus Mitchell is 6'5 with a Randy Moss physique. Someone said he has an attitude issue anyone know if this is true? I really want a better look at him

TUSK
10-02-2017, 02:17 PM
A&M has a historic collapse against a non-so-great UCLA team, a ten point win over Nicholls State, a victory over Louisiana Lafayette where they trailed at halftime, an overtime win over Arkansas, and an ugly, unspectacular 7 point win against South Carolina. They are going to get exposed when their schedule picks up. There is a reason Kevin Sumlin is on the hot seat. Just a friendly reminder that they were ranked #4 nationally (in the college football playoff rankings) when they came to Starkville and we beat them pretty easily last year.

Kentucky has close wins over Southern Miss, Eastern Kentucky, and Eastern Michigan, along with a win over South Carolina and their loss to Florida, which really took the wind out of their sails.

We should not lose either of these games.

They may get "broke" this weekend...

Commercecomet24
10-02-2017, 02:43 PM

I concur.

RocketDawg
10-02-2017, 03:13 PM

Sumlin might hang on to his job if they can eek out a win. I give them <1% chance though.

It's kinda funny ... coaches keep their jobs if they beat Alabama, and lose their jobs if they lose to MSU.