PDA

View Full Version : Our OL and WR talent level is subpar for the SEC West..

fishwater99
10-01-2017, 05:24 PM
This really showed in the last 2 games
If we don't get significantly better at recruiting at these two positions we will never really compete in the SECW.
I would also add that we need to recruit better at the DB position.

Goldendawg
10-01-2017, 05:31 PM
Heck, it's subpar for some of the SEC Least (East) teams.

NCDawg
10-01-2017, 05:35 PM
In Mullen's press conference after the game, he kept talking about young players making mistakes, etc. He has been at State 9 years-why do we not have veteran players by this time? Obvious answer-poor recruiting.

Goldendawg
10-01-2017, 05:45 PM
He's been using that we are young excuse for some time now. Every college has players from about 18 to 23. Developing them is good, but stars (recruiting) and coaching (also includes better recruiting) also matter.

starkvegasdawg
10-01-2017, 06:03 PM
Subpar for SEC west, ACC, MAC, Sunbelt, OVC...

Mjoelner34
10-01-2017, 06:09 PM
In Mullen's press conference after the game, he kept talking about young players making mistakes, etc. He has been at State 9 years-why do we not have veteran players by this time? Obvious answer-poor recruiting.

Not long after he said that, Saban had young players shoving it up Ole Miss's ass sideways and making them like it.

gravedigger
10-01-2017, 06:12 PM
This really showed in the last 2 games
If we don't get significantly better at recruiting at these two positions we will never really compete in the SECW.
I would also add that we need to recruit better at the DB position.

Without 21 Major violations, 15 level ones, and a major scandal, how do we fix it?

the59dawg
10-01-2017, 06:18 PM
Without 21 Major violations, 15 level ones, and a major scandal, how do we fix it?

Well we have two really strong WRs coming for next season. Coaches were hoping for the two new freshman this year but they are miserable. How many passes die Todd and Thomas drop that were in their hands? Fitz not helping them much, but hell someone ought to be to catch a ball. Start throwing 5 yd outs to complete some.
And don't forget about all the false starts. Reese had about 6 of them. Something is wrong there. We have to be able to play with crowd noise in visiting stadiums.

coachnorm
10-01-2017, 07:13 PM
I have posted that I believe that playing Holloway and Shumpert instead of players like Williams will have a negative effect on recruiting. If you were a 4 star OL how serious would you be about MSU? When a MSU coach goes recruiting, how does he justify this in the presence of the prospect and parents? If I was recruiting against MSU, I would constantly bring this to light. I would ask the prospect if he can 100% commit to a team that puts backs like Holloway and Shumpert on the field and not Williams. Remember, recruiting is cut throat.