PDA

View Full Version : So could AD Cohen circumvent Dan and fire Hev.?

Indndawg
10-01-2017, 04:57 PM
Or is this a chain of command thingy?

Todd4State
10-01-2017, 05:02 PM
I think Cohen should tell Dan to move him to the front office as an analyst. That's probably the best solution for all.

At any rate, Cohen being over Dan in the chain of command it would be well within Cohen's rights to fire an assistant.

bluelightstar
10-01-2017, 05:02 PM
I don't doubt that it's *possible* but a healthy Athletic Department can't/shouldn't function that way.

ScoobaDawg
10-01-2017, 05:09 PM
Sure it could be done. But it would immediately turn into Dan saying if you do I'm leaving (he has been nothing but loyal to hev this far...) and then John has to call him on that. Dan stays ad you have an extremely toxic relationship between the football program and the university. or dan leaves and we get some bad publicity for forcing out our most consistent coach.

Just not a good idea. Cohen can suggest he replace Hev and open up the wallet to do so.. but wouldn't be a good idea for him to do it himself.

Can a AD hire / fire a coach though without Dan's approval. Well thats how Mark Hudspeth got his job with us. He was such a good interview but not qualified. He got put on staff.

Bully13
10-01-2017, 05:23 PM
Wanna be my friend?

https://goo.gl/images/7qRy7F

Pollodawg
10-01-2017, 05:39 PM
I think Cohen should tell Dan to move him to the front office as an analyst. That's probably the best solution for all.

At any rate, Cohen being over Dan in the chain of command it would be well within Cohen's rights to fire an assistant.
No head coach in the country will stand still for an AD to fire an assistant on their staff by going over their head. That's about as demeaning as it can get. It shows one and all that you don't call the shots in your own program. That'll never happen.

Todd4State
10-01-2017, 05:48 PM
No head coach in the country will stand still for an AD to fire an assistant on their staff by going over their head. That's about as demeaning as it can get. It shows one and all that you don't call the shots in your own program. That'll never happen.

The question was "could" Cohen fire Hevesy. And Cohen could. That doesn't mean he should do it- I agree with that.

State82
10-01-2017, 07:56 PM
I don't doubt that it's *possible* but a healthy Athletic Department can't/shouldn't function that way.

Exactly

TUSK
10-01-2017, 08:02 PM
Sure, but he'd likely have to fire Mullen, first...

Harrydawg
10-01-2017, 08:03 PM
This is a stupid thread......

Homedawg
10-01-2017, 08:11 PM
Who wants an AD that tells every coach how to do their jobs? Nobody. Improvement? Sure. But how to do it, is absurd. No matter the sport.

was21
10-01-2017, 08:13 PM
not without a discussion with Dan

MetEdDawg
10-01-2017, 09:37 PM
Anyone have insight as to what precipitated the Sallach move? That would tell us a lot about whether or not Cohen is involved in this process.

Liverpooldawg
10-02-2017, 08:07 AM
That would be sheer insanity. If Cohen did that then HE should be fired.

smootness
10-02-2017, 08:28 AM

This. You might as well fire Mullen at that point because it would ruin that relationship.

War Machine Dawg
10-02-2017, 10:02 AM

+1

Theoretically, yes, Cohen could do it. Ultimately he's the boss and can make staff decisions. Practically, not a snowball's chance in hell. We're going to have to pray some Sun Belt type will give Hev his shot as a HC.

munk_munk92
10-02-2017, 11:45 AM
Our defense aren't as bad as it seems either. The offense was horrible last year and seems just as bad this year. Running game is a little better but wr play is worse. Defense just wore down against auburn at the end. If we could keep the ball longer and give the defense some rest that game would have been a lot closer. The offense and defense feeds off each other as well. Dan need to get rid of the buddy system, hire an offensive coordinator. that would make a world of difference. oh and we have to stay in top 15 recruiting every year.