PDA

View Full Version : Outlook for the 2018 Season

Goldendawg
10-01-2017, 04:36 PM
I'm still looking for our coaches to correct the weaknesses that have appeared in the Ga and AU games and think we can win all games except bama if we can fix some glaring problems(Passing Game, OL, Secondary, even LB's not getting off blocks). My honest question is this. Why are there so many posts on this board that say that 2018 is our year? We have a lot of current players who will be a year older, but this does not guarantee that many of them will be better (especially in the SEC against the "Big Boys"). I really expected we would be dominate against most teams in year nine of this program and competitive against all except Alabama ( who is ruining college FB unless you are a bama fan). Do we expect our recruiting class of 2018 to immediately solve our problems next year and make it a magic year? Looking back at our Spring Game 2017 - Fitz throws 4 picks, "Oh our secondary is much better". NO, playing against our receivers. DL will put more pressure on other QB's, "No, going against our OL. The first team my Senior year of FB looked great against our subs in practice and yeah, we won one game. We must recruit, coach, and game plan better. We are far from the next level of the SEC. You can't be a developmental program at every position. JMO.

Todd4State
10-01-2017, 04:59 PM
I don't totally understand it either. I think 2019 will be the year we take a big step forward. We should be better in 2018 than we are now though- Sr at QB and RB. WR will be better with Guidry and Heath and it looks like Couch is stepping up. We should have Dear back as well. We lose Rankin but should be strong at guard and center. We should return our entire front seven except for maybe Dez Harris who might be able to get a medical redshirt. Tolando will graduate and that will help. We lose our punter but hopefully Day can replace Cooke.

Bothrops
10-01-2017, 05:18 PM
Well it's funny y'all have mentioned this, because I think 2020 will be our year**

Goldendawg
10-01-2017, 05:23 PM
Hey, I been going to State games since 1964 and have heard, "Wait till next year", for far too many of those years! Wish I could had some ***** to some of those years but it hasn't been funny. Not ever easy being a State fan. Hail State!

msbulldog
10-01-2017, 05:32 PM
Sounds like old times, 'Wait till next year'!