PDA

View Full Version : Mississippi High School Recruiting

Leeshouldveflanked
10-01-2017, 08:26 AM
If we signed 8 out 12 on dandy dozen every year(which we won't) for the next 4 years and filled in with MS, AL, La kids that BAMA and LSU don't want, swinging 2-3 every year they do want ... would our talent level be good enough to be an upper third SEC team??? The answer is no....we have got to expand our recruiting base, especially for OL... we also have to hire an OL coach that can do that.

AROB44
10-01-2017, 09:40 AM
If we signed 8 out 12 on dandy dozen every year(which we won't) for the next 4 years and filled in with MS, AL, La kids that BAMA and LSU don't want, swinging 2-3 every year they do want ... would our talent level be good enough to be an upper third SEC team??? The answer is no....we have got to expand our recruiting base, especially for OL... we also have to hire an OL coach that can do that.

How bout a new wide receiver coach and recruiter?

I seen it dawg
10-01-2017, 09:52 AM
Get rid of Knox, Gonzalez and Hevesy or its wash rinse repeat

HaggardDawg
10-01-2017, 09:58 AM
I agree with you on Gonzo and Hev but not Knox. RBs have been good under him and he cleans up a lot of recruiting F ups by the aforementioned two.

IMissJack
10-01-2017, 10:07 AM
If MSU and OM combined teams, we would not be top quartile of SEC.

Sacrifice
10-01-2017, 10:15 AM
MS is defiantly not producing enough top tier WRs. I'd like to see us hit TX, LA, GA and FL for our WRs. 3* in those states would probably be 4* in MS

HaggardDawg
10-01-2017, 11:02 AM
MS is defiantly not producing enough top tier WRs. I'd like to see us hit TX, LA, GA and FL for our WRs. 3* in those states would probably be 4* in MS

That's because we have a bunch of bubbas coaching and our high school systems aren't near as complex and advanced as other states.

1bigdawg
10-01-2017, 11:13 AM
There are over 100 P5 recruits in Georgia, Florida, and Texas every year. The top tier local schools cannot sign them all. We can and should expand our recruiting area.

When Mullen came, he had a solid strategy to get us from the bottom to mid-tier. Now, we need to build on that success by changing the strategy and expanding our base. I am old enough to have watched Florida State and Penn State succeed at this, even when they were not members of a conference.

msbulldog
10-01-2017, 11:27 AM
There are over 100 P5 recruits in Georgia, Florida, and Texas every year. The top tier local schools cannot sign them all. We can and should expand our recruiting area.

When Mullen came, he had a solid strategy to get us from the bottom to mid-tier. Now, we need to build on that success by changing the strategy and expanding our base. I am old enough to have watched Florida State and Penn State succeed at this, even when they were not members of a conference.

We are offering ton's of players in Ga and Fla, if you don't believe me get a MSU 247 subscription.