PDA

View Full Version : After 5 games, what do you think our final record will be?

Saltydog
09-30-2017, 10:08 PM
BYU - Win / They suck and we should easily win (4-2)

UK - Win / Just because we're at home (5-2)

@ aTm - Loss / They're improving and we don't play well there (5-3)

UMass - Win (6-3)

Bama - LOSS (6-4)

@Upig - Loss (6-5) I could go either way on this one and they aren't good but we're horrible on the road

TCUN - Win (7-5) But we will struggle to keep Patterson under 400 yards passing

DownwardDawg
09-30-2017, 10:09 PM
8-4

BuckyIsAB****
09-30-2017, 10:09 PM
8-4. Could go 9-3

LC Dawg
09-30-2017, 10:11 PM
8-4

Quaoarsking
09-30-2017, 10:11 PM
8-4.

Lose to Bama and someone else.

MarketingBully
09-30-2017, 10:13 PM
At least 8-4 possibly 9-3 with wins against BYU, UK, A&M (fools gold), UMass, Ole Miss. Game that’s a toss up to me is Arkansas. Win that one and we are 9-3.

Activated Alpha
09-30-2017, 10:14 PM
I seriously don't see us winning an SEC road game this year

Commercecomet24
09-30-2017, 10:15 PM
I'm gonna be optimistic and say 9-3. We have to commit to running the football. I don't want us throwing more than 15 passes a game. Our run game is actually producing.

Outside Dawg
09-30-2017, 10:15 PM
7-5. I'm confused by what evidence people see giving them confidence to say 8 or 9 wins.

ShotgunDawg
09-30-2017, 10:17 PM
Why does everyone keep talking about what our record will be?

The goal is to play for championships & keep demanding the level of play be at a growing level that will allow you to do that.

I am seriously sick & tired of "What will our record be" posts.

Discuss some football. Discuss how this team can get better, call people out, etc. Threads like this happen about 12 times a week & are completely useless.

I mean, are you guys so unbelievably excited about what bowl game we will go to that you care about whether we win 7 or 8 games? or even 9?

Who gives a shit. It's about winning championship or moving in that direction. Regardless of whether we win 7, 8, 9 games, the last 2 weeks have absolutely proven to me that we are in no way, shape, or form moving any closer towards winning a championship.

BuckyIsAB****
09-30-2017, 10:18 PM

The goal is to play for championships & keep demanding the level of play be at a growing level that will allow you to do that.

Discuss some football. Discuss how this team can get better, call people out, etc. Threads like this happen about 12 times a week & are completely useless.

I get where you are coming from and like the attitude but if you cant be happy with 8-4, 9-3 and beating OM this year then you aint gonna be happy this year my friend

BuckyIsAB****
09-30-2017, 10:19 PM
7-5. I'm confused by what evidence people see giving them confidence to say 8 or 9 wins.

That we are better or as good than the rest of the teams we play other than Bama.

WeWonItAll(Most)
09-30-2017, 10:19 PM
7-5. Should only lose 1 of Kentucky/Arkansas/A&M/OM, could lose none. We'll lose two. Hope one of them isn't OM.

Leroy Jenkins
09-30-2017, 10:21 PM
9-3

Only because everyone else sucks.

ShotgunDawg
09-30-2017, 10:23 PM
I get where you are coming from and like the attitude but if you cant be happy with 8-4, 9-3 and beating OM this year then you aint gonna be happy this year my friend

It's not that I wouldn't be excited about or encouraged by an 8 or 9 win season, but it's a useless conversation because that's not a goal.

I would much rather discuss how can become competitive with the last 2 teams we have played. That is what matters because that is what determines whether or not you compete for championships.

Again, I don't accept MSU's football history & think it relegates the program.

Just please stop having meaningless, ridiculous threads that argue about whether we'll win 7,8, or 9 games. It's dumb.

Nobody knows.

Activated Alpha
09-30-2017, 10:24 PM
80 points given up on the road. What makes people think we will win A&M and ARK?

Liverpooldawg
09-30-2017, 10:25 PM

UMass - Win (6-3)

Bama - LOSS (6-4)

@Upig - Loss (6-5) I could go either way on this one and they aren't good but we're horrible on the road

7-5, one better than I thought going in.

BrunswickDawg
09-30-2017, 10:27 PM

I mean, are you guys so unbelievably excited about what bowl game we will go to that you care about whether we win 7 or 8 games? or even 9?

Who gives a shit. It's about winning championship or moving in that direction. Regardless of whether we win 7, 8, 9 games, the last 2 weeks have absolutely proven to me that we are in no way, shape, or form moving any closer towards winning a championship.

Ok I'll take you up on this -
After coming off a 6-7 season, to progress toward competing for a title, this should be seen as a growing season. We need the OL to gel without Rankin since everyone else will be back next year. We need to see major improvement in our pass defense. We need our receivers to somehow learn to catch. We need our coaches to see what has been done by UGa and AU's secondary (blanket coverage) and OL (holding on every play) and figure out how we implement it. Those things, along with landing out top WR and OL targets can help us with the next step.

BuckyIsAB****
09-30-2017, 10:28 PM
80 points given up on the road. What makes people think we will win A&M and ARK?

BC they aint UGA and Auburn

Bucky Dog
09-30-2017, 10:28 PM

UMass - Win (6-3)

Bama - LOSS (6-4)

This is the way I'm leaning and had predicted at first of year.

parabrave
09-30-2017, 10:34 PM
With our secondary Hurts and Shea Shea might set NCAA records for passing yards.

MarketingBully
09-30-2017, 10:37 PM

Neither of those two teams are close to as good as Auburn or Georgia. A&M and Arkansas have huge fatal flaws and have shitty run defenses.

Turfdawg67
09-30-2017, 10:40 PM

UMass - Win (6-3)

Bama - LOSS (6-4)

I?m good with that, but we beat TAM... so 8-4 for me.

dawgday166
09-30-2017, 10:41 PM
I had to think about it some. 5 - 7.

MarketingBully
09-30-2017, 10:44 PM
I had to think about it some. 5 - 7.

Lol.

Activated Alpha
09-30-2017, 10:44 PM
Neither of those two teams are close to as good as Auburn or Georgia. A&M and Arkansas have huge fatal flaws and have shitty run defenses.

But they have decent offenses with pretty good WRs. Our secondary play is about as atrocious as stepping on a 3 day-old piece of road kill....

dawgday166
09-30-2017, 10:46 PM
Lol.

So you got it lol. I was seeing if State7 would jump all over it, but he must be distracted. I started to put it at 4 - 8. Maybe that would've woke him up.

MarketingBully
09-30-2017, 10:52 PM
But they have decent offenses with pretty good WRs. Our secondary play is about as atrocious as stepping on a 3 day-old piece of road kill....

Our DL should eat them alive though. Our biggest issue with our secondary is that our DL didn’t get any pressure on the QB the last two weeks and it exposed our secondary. No secondary could withstand having to cover for 4-5 seconds a pop.

Outside Dawg
09-30-2017, 10:58 PM
Our DL should eat them alive though. Our biggest issue with our secondary is that our DL didn’t get any pressure on the QB the last two weeks and it exposed our secondary. No secondary could withstand having to cover for 4-5 seconds a pop.
Coming into tonight, Auburn had given up the third most sacks in division 1. So the D-line should've dominated tonight.

dawgday166
09-30-2017, 11:00 PM
Coming into tonight, Auburn had given up the third most sacks in division 1. So the D-line should've dominated tonight.

Seems to me we blitzed a lot more vs LSU. Last 2 games not so much I don't believe.

Todd4State
09-30-2017, 11:00 PM

That have an outlier game. They're not as bad as that stat indicates. I don't think you can truly judge an o-line based solely on sacks though.

Todd4State
09-30-2017, 11:03 PM

Hear, hear.

I'll play- get a new o-line coach. Give Gonzalez one more year since Guidry and Heath will be coming in and I'm curious to see what Couch gives us going forward. We need to manage our roster better to make sure we don't have all slot WR's and a year where we have one high school o-line recruit. That's unacceptable at this point.

Again- it's time for our fans to stop being satisfied with just winning the Egg Bowl and Liberty Bowl.

That said- I think we go 9-3.

MarketingBully
09-30-2017, 11:06 PM

Clemson had 11 of their 16 sacks given up. That’s an outlier stat if there ever was one. That was also on Stidham as he held on to the ball 7-8 seconds instead of 2.9 seconds over the last few games.

Coach007
09-30-2017, 11:08 PM

Then here is your solution. Give MSU 18 million per year. It's that simple.

Coach007
09-30-2017, 11:09 PM
Clemson had 11 of their 16 sacks given up. That’s an outlier stat if there ever was one. That was also on Stidham as he held on to the ball 7-8 seconds instead of 2.9 seconds over the last few games.

Auburn also changed the OL line up

Outside Dawg
09-30-2017, 11:09 PM
The point remains that we could win against A&M, and certainly OM, but there is no on field evidence by msu that our d-line should have their way against those offenses.

ShotgunDawg
09-30-2017, 11:11 PM

I honestly don't think that would help.

How does 18 mil, unless given directly to a player, help us recruit a player that has a Bama offer?

dawgday166
09-30-2017, 11:11 PM

So you've now gone from "We're gonna win the West next year and maybe this year" to "someone needs to pony up 18 million a year to improve our coaching"?

Those seem like polar opposites of each other ***

Bothrops
09-30-2017, 11:13 PM

UMass - Win (6-3)

Bama - LOSS (6-4)

Again, if we lose to Arkansas, we aren't turd bowl worthy.

7-5 with a good chance for 8-4, but some things are gonna have to go our way.

Coach007
09-30-2017, 11:20 PM
I honestly don't think that would help.

How does 18 mil, unless given directly to a player, help us recruit a player that has a Bama offer?

As Dan has proven, alot can be done with recruits. I believe we were ranked #1 with an average star of 2.8. Now hold that thought.

1- MSU as been a stepping stone under Mullen some what. Why? Can't pay enough, not prestigious enough.
2- If you can pay better money on coaches, then the product on the field becomes better because the coaches are better.

We hire better position coaches and those players get better, then recruits take notice and we begin to snag some better recruits.

Either we pay what they pay, or expect low years and high years and live with it.

TrapGame
09-30-2017, 11:21 PM
Auburn also changed the OL line up

And so has A&M. I heard that discussed during their game.

Coach007
09-30-2017, 11:24 PM
So you've now gone from "We're gonna win the West next year and maybe this year" to "someone needs to pony up 18 million a year to improve our coaching"?

Those seem like polar opposites of each other ***

I said compete for. Second, If people are going to consistently knock Mullen and want to win, then play with the big dawgs and pony up so he can hire and OLB coach for a million per year.

Personally, I like Mullen. He's giving MSU everything he can. We rank well above our pay scale.

Todd4State
09-30-2017, 11:30 PM
As Dan has proven, alot can be done with recruits. I believe we were ranked #1 with an average star of 2.8. Now hold that thought.

1- MSU as been a stepping stone under Mullen some what. Why? Can't pay enough, not prestigious enough.
2- If you can pay better money on coaches, then the product on the field becomes better because the coaches are better.

We hire better position coaches and those players get better, then recruits take notice and we begin to snag some better recruits.

Either we pay what they pay, or expect low years and high years and live with it.

1- If Dan could have found a better paying job than MSU he would have been gone after 2015.
2- That's assuming we wouldn't keep Hevesy and just pay him more. And again-I don't think Hevesy is a bad technical coach but he can't recruit well. That's why we don't have better players on the o-line. Every other position group except TE has multiple four star or better recruits. The only ones on Hevesy's current ledger are Rankin and Dolla Bill. So, we're talking one 4 star recruit per four year cycle basically for the o-line because Rankin won't be here next year. While more pay would no doubt help- ultimately the core issue is recruiting and poor roster management. I'm actually OK with the current coaches other than Hevesy. Although if our WR's look terrible next year Gonzalez will then be on the hot seat with me.

Coach007
09-30-2017, 11:41 PM
1- If Dan could have found a better paying job than MSU he would have been gone after 2015.
2- That's assuming we wouldn't keep Hevesy and just pay him more. And again-I don't think Hevesy is a bad technical coach but he can't recruit well. That's why we don't have better players on the o-line. Every other position group except TE has multiple four star or better recruits. The only ones on Hevesy's current ledger are Rankin and Dolla Bill. So, we're talking one 4 star recruit per four year cycle basically for the o-line because Rankin won't be here next year. While more pay would no doubt help- ultimately the core issue is recruiting and poor roster management. I'm actually OK with the current coaches other than Hevesy. Although if our WR's look terrible next year Gonzalez will then be on the hot seat with me.

1- Has not one damn thing to do with the point being made.

2- If they all have 4 stars then recruiting is picking up. So let's pony up the dollars to pay position coaches to better coach up those 4 stars.

I think Grantham was a great hire, but there is a reason Bama is paying their OLB 1 million per year. They want to keep him. Why? Because he's a hell of a coach.

Todd4State
10-01-2017, 12:07 AM
1- Has not one damn thing to do with the point being made.

2- If they all have 4 stars then recruiting is picking up. So let's pony up the dollars to pay position coaches to better coach up those 4 stars.

I think Grantham was a great hire, but there is a reason Bama is paying their OLB 1 million per year. They want to keep him. Why? Because he's a hell of a coach.

While I'm fine paying for good coaches- Dan is paid more than enough at the moment. If he wants more money- which I would be fine with IF he earns it- he needs to start knocking off more ranked teams. Money for him needs to be something earned at this point more than just something we give him just to give him.

Cooterpoot
10-01-2017, 06:17 AM
6-6 or 5-7
Depends on if we can out score UM.

Dawgface
10-01-2017, 06:45 AM
6-6.

msstate7
10-01-2017, 07:26 AM
8-4... split aTm and ark, lose to bama, and win the rest.

Coach34
10-01-2017, 09:08 AM

I call BS on that one. It's rare an SEC signee isn't given a third star now

Ezsoil
10-01-2017, 09:32 AM

Because neither of those teams have a decent defense that can stop the run.

Activated Alpha
10-01-2017, 09:46 AM
Because neither of those teams have a decent defense that can stop the run.

But we have a decent defense that can't stop the pass. So tell me once again why people are chalking those two games as Ws now?

Bama_Dawg
10-01-2017, 10:08 AM
7-5, Ws against, BYU, KY, and UMass. Then we'll win one out of 3 against TAMU, ARKY, and TSUN. Chalk up BAMA as a loss...

If we don't get something going in the secondary, TSUN will take the Egg back to Oxford....just to vacate later, but still...

was21
10-01-2017, 11:15 AM
Should be 9-3 but probably 8-4....decent bowl either

Jack Lambert
10-01-2017, 02:15 PM
We could end up being a un ranked 9-3 team.