PDA

View Full Version : Mullen's Goal In the Off a Week

ShotgunDawg
09-30-2017, 08:46 PM
It could go irate in this thread and call out every coach, player, and bus driver but anyone with 2 eyes can see that.

The truth is that the last 8 quarters of football have been a complete embarrassment to Mississippi State University, the fan base, and the state of Mississippi.

Tonight was an absolute 17ing embarrassment.

Mullen's goal in the off week should be to make 1 player and 1 coach quit.

My biggest fear with Mullen is that after 9 years, he has accepted MSU's spot in the SEC and we need an arrogant coach that doesn't do that.

1 player and 1 coach quit this week or Ill say you went too light. Tonight wasn't about talent, it was about shit.

What an ambarassment.

BulldogBear
09-30-2017, 08:52 PM
80-13

EIGHTY TO THIRTEEN.

It feels like the 80s.

Coach007
09-30-2017, 08:58 PM
It could go irate in this thread and call out every coach, player, and bus driver but anyone with 2 eyes can see that.

The truth is that the last 8 quarters of football have been a complete embarrassment to Mississippi State University, the fan base, and the state of Mississippi.

My biggest fear with Mullen is that after 9 years, he has accepted MSU's spot in the SEC and we need an arrogant coach that doesn't do that.

1 player and 1 coach quit this week or Ill say you went too light. Tonight wasn't about talent, it was about shit.

What an ambarassment.

No. He hasn't and never has. Grantham will have this defense at a new level next year and despite what people on an emotional low want to say, we have taken a huge step forward this year.

Dan has the OL improving every week. Like that or not. We simply had to play the 2 great defenses, and we are young in certain spots.

We have one more assumable loss.

Activated Alpha
09-30-2017, 09:00 PM
Who should be the coach to quit? Secondary? Which player? Our DL couldn't get a sack against a team that has given so many so far this season, but our secondary was shit against a QB who's been average so far.

Bothrops
09-30-2017, 09:00 PM
We aren't good. But I've never seen a legal touchdown that didn't count in a game in all my years of flogging myself watching this sport. There should be bloody consequences for that.

Lord McBuckethead
09-30-2017, 09:09 PM
Only thing he has to do is get a game plan. Nothing about Auburn scared me, except giving them tons of time to throw and deep uncovered guys all night. We stuffed their run. We ran it pretty well against them. Just tried to prove we can throw it.

Dawgface
09-30-2017, 09:10 PM
No. He hasn't and never has. Grantham will have this defense at a new level next year and despite what people on an emotional low want to say, we have taken a huge step forward this year.

Dan has the OL improving every week. Like that or not. We simply had to play the 2 great defenses, and we are young in certain spots.

You're watching a different team than everyone else. We absolutely suck at every phase of the game. I take that back, our fg kicker is decent.

ShotgunDawg
09-30-2017, 09:11 PM
Only thing he has to do is get a game plan. Nothing about Auburn scared me, except giving them tons of time to throw and deep uncovered guys all night. We stuffed their run. We ran it pretty well against them. Just tried to prove we can throw it.

Our player development sucks.

Is anyone at WR, DB, or OL developing?

Commercecomet24
09-30-2017, 09:12 PM

Good assessment. We handled their run game pretty well and we ran for 200 at 4 ypc against a great defense. We didn't stay patient running the ball and our secondary couldn't cover Steven hawking tonight. We gonna win 8 or 9.

Liverpooldawg
09-30-2017, 09:13 PM

What an ambarassment.
The goal should be to get Rankin healthy. That's if you are actually interested in things that will actually help in our situation as it is. If you are looking for something else then by all means indulge in fantasy.

Liverpooldawg
09-30-2017, 09:16 PM
Our player development sucks.

Is anyone at WR, DB, or OL developing?

Our player development is nothing short of incredible. If you want to bitch, bitch about recruiting, I'd wait for a couple of years to do that though. We may finally have a level playing field in state for the first time in my lifetime. I'm 53.

Quaoarsking
09-30-2017, 09:16 PM
The goal for the next 2 weeks is to get the players to move on from the last 2 games.

We should be favored in all 3 games in October, so we can't let hurt feelings from these last 2 games affect how we play in them. There's no reason why we shouldn't walk out of College Station at 6-2.

Coach007
09-30-2017, 09:17 PM
You're watching a different team than everyone else. We absolutely suck at every phase of the game. I take that back, our fg kicker is decent.

I watched. I saw our offense shoot themselves on offense. I saw us allow big plays. I saw a new OL lineup for Auburn that had success last week and did it again tonight.

I see 2 freshman OL for MSU playing tonight that gained a lot of experience.

I see a team that is ahead of where it was last year. We lost to USA.... we are winning those this year. Do we have things to improve on... yep.

Commercecomet24
09-30-2017, 09:18 PM
The goal for the next 2 weeks is to get the players to move on from the last 2 games.

We should be favored in all 3 games in October, so we can't let hurt feelings from these last 2 games affect how we play in them. There's no reason why we shouldn't walk out of College Station at 6-2.

There you go! It's good to see someone on here that hasn't completely lost their mind.

Homedawg
09-30-2017, 09:19 PM

What an ambarassment.

Please don't go to a nearby bridge tonight. I beg you.....glad your suggestions will solve not one of our problems. not one. Just push away from the bar and take a deep breath. It will be ok.

Coach007
09-30-2017, 09:20 PM
Good assessment. We handled their run game pretty well and we ran for 200 at 4 ypc against a great defense. We didn't stay patient running the ball and our secondary couldn't cover Steven hawking tonight. We gonna win 8 or 9.

To his credit, his wheelchair is very fast. 4.00 in a 60!

ShotgunDawg
09-30-2017, 09:20 PM

Sure....

I agree, but are we accepting this garbage of performance by having this attitude?

When are people held accountable? I don't want Mullen fired. That's ridiculous, but it doesn't mean I'm not tired of this shit & begging for things to change.

Coach007
09-30-2017, 09:21 PM
Our player development is nothing short of incredible. If you want to bitch, bitch about recruiting, I'd wait for a couple of years to do that though. We may finally have a level playing field in state for the first time in my lifetime. I'm 53.

Yep.... We are starting to pull better players in

Coach007
09-30-2017, 09:25 PM
Sure....

I agree, but are we accepting this garbage of performance by having this attitude?

When are people held accountable? I don't want Mullen fired. That's ridiculous, but it doesn't mean I'm not tired of this shit & begging for things to change.

Accepting what garbage by having what attitude? We got beat. Is being held accountable mean getting fired or kicked off the team. Nobody can say that Mullen has not gotten rid of people.

Bothrops
09-30-2017, 10:14 PM
Our DB's just don't care. You cant play that bad and care. I still like our D-line, but it's still only middle of the pack in the league, which is a huge upgrade over Peter South's offering last year.

AROB44
10-01-2017, 09:32 AM
Please don't go to a nearby bridge tonight. I beg you.....glad your suggestions will solve not one of our problems. not one. Just push away from the bar and take a deep breath. It will be ok.

Please LET him go to a nearby bridge!!!

Dawgfan77
10-01-2017, 09:55 AM

You realize we signed 1....ONE HS OL last year right? The others didn't make it to campus and the JuCo OL we had to RS. Our OL maybe improved but we are about to lack serous numbers

1bigdawg
10-01-2017, 11:08 AM
Accepting what garbage by having what attitude? We got beat. Is being held accountable mean getting fired or kicked off the team. Nobody can say that Mullen has not gotten rid of people.

Getting beat is one thing. But we did play like garbage and got BLOWN out. If we had played decent, we would be bemoaning the loss but not be so strident about the lack of performance/coaching.