PDA

View Full Version : We are at 3-2......

Liverpooldawg
09-30-2017, 08:30 PM
Headed in thought we would be 2-3. On to the next one.

msstate7
09-30-2017, 08:41 PM
We aren?t upper echelon of the sec. We are a decent to good team though. We?ll win till bama comes to town

bluelightstar
09-30-2017, 08:44 PM
I really have no idea what makes you all think that. Guys, LSU is getting worked by Troy -- they are awful. We have toss-ups with Kentucky and A&M before we ever get to Bama. I hope we're 6-3 at that point.

I honestly didn't expect to win any of these three -- so LSU was gravy, but I honestly would never have guessed we wouldn't even be competitive.

BuckyIsAB****
09-30-2017, 08:45 PM
We aren?t upper echelon of the sec. We are a decent to good team though. We?ll win till bama comes to town

Yep and after that hopefully

BuckyIsAB****
09-30-2017, 08:46 PM
I really have no idea what makes you all think that. Guys, LSU is getting worked by Troy -- they are awful. We have toss-ups with Kentucky and A&M before we ever get to Bama. I hope we're 6-3 at that point.

I honestly didn't expect to win any of these three -- so LSU was gravy, but I honestly would never have guessed we wouldn't even be competitive.

UK wont beat us. Book it.

Liverpooldawg
09-30-2017, 08:46 PM
If we go better than 6-6 Mullen has done a hell of a job this year.

BuckyIsAB****
09-30-2017, 08:48 PM
If we go better than 6-6 Mullen has done a hell of a job this year.

If we lose more than 3 we arent very good

Cooterpoot
09-30-2017, 08:50 PM
I'm not sure we win another SEC game. Maybe one or two at best. We're not a good team.

Liverpooldawg
09-30-2017, 08:51 PM
If we lose more than 3 we arent very good

Really? So 9-3 is your floor is it? I suggest you look at how many 9 win seasons we have had and when they occurred.

biscuit
09-30-2017, 08:53 PM
3-2 at this point with our schedule is ok. We will be fine

BulldogBear
09-30-2017, 08:59 PM
I'm not sure we win another SEC game. Maybe one or two at best. We're not a good team.

TAMU, Arkansas, Kentucky, and Ole Miss are worse than us.

We'll lose to Bama and Arkansas on the road could be trouble. Other than that it looks good. That what feels wierd about getting killed 80-13 the last two weeks.

BuckyIsAB****
09-30-2017, 09:09 PM
Really? So 9-3 is your floor is it? I suggest you look at how many 9 win seasons we have had and when they occurred.

If we lose to BYU, UK, OM, A&M, or Arky we got problems. BYU isnt very good and none of the others can stop the run. How many 9 win seasons we have has nothing to do with that

BrunswickDawg
09-30-2017, 09:13 PM
Someone said earlier this week that this team and the 2012 team could end up a lot alike - beat some shitty teams, get blown out in loses, and win 8 games.

BuckyIsAB****
09-30-2017, 09:14 PM
Someone said earlier this week that this team and the 2012 team could end up a lot alike - beat some shitty teams, get blown out in loses, and win 8 games.

This team would beat the 2012 team. That team was soft as charmin

BayouDawg
09-30-2017, 09:15 PM
On the surface 3-2 seems good. When you dig into the details it gets a bit concerning. It's one thing to get beat by better teams.'it is another to look totally unprepared and completely incompetent. Everyone from the HC down to the cleaning lady needs to do some soul searching this off week. Here's to hoping we get the lead out and go on a run!

Dawgology
09-30-2017, 09:16 PM
I’m thinking 7-5 with an outside shot st 8-4

msstate7
09-30-2017, 09:17 PM
On the surface 3-2 seems good. When you dig into the details it gets a bit concerning. It's one thing to get beat by better teams.'it is another to look totally unprepared and completely incompetent. Everyone from the HC down to the cleaning lady needs to do some soul searching this off week. Here's to hoping we get the lead out and go on a run!

We only face 1 team in the same ballpark as our last 2 opponents. I think we can beat anyone but bama on our remaining schefulr.

Liverpooldawg
09-30-2017, 09:21 PM
If we lose to BYU, UK, OM, A&M, or Arky we got problems. BYU isnt very good and none of the others can stop the run. How many 9 win seasons we have has nothing to do with that
Your last sentence is why MSU has never been able to get ahead. You judge progress by what You have done in the past. If you judge it by the top echelon, if you aren't in it, then you will almost never be a success. You have to establish on a base to assault the top echelon. We are doing that. It's about the lows, not about the highs. If you improve the lows, the highs will eventually take care of themselves.

BayouDawg
09-30-2017, 09:21 PM
I agree but our preparation these last two weeks concerns me deeply

Liverpooldawg
09-30-2017, 09:23 PM

Yep

Dawgface
09-30-2017, 09:26 PM
I agree we will be more competitive in the remainder excluding bama. But I can't see more than 3 more wins. Four if everything falls our way.

BrunswickDawg
09-30-2017, 09:27 PM

I don't disagree with that - I'm talking about the results, not the quality or talent of the players.

NCDawg
09-30-2017, 09:30 PM

I think we can probably beat Ole Miss, UMASS, and BYU. I think the rest are toss-ups, with the exception of Alabama, which is a certain loss.

Doggie_Style
09-30-2017, 09:30 PM
I agree but our preparation these last two weeks concerns me deeply

There are many bad SEC teams this year and we are in that mix....we are EXACTLY who we thought we were going into the season...a team that struggled to beat a bad Miami Ohio in a bowl....but hey, Mullen s ours indefinitely!

Bothrops
09-30-2017, 10:30 PM
We are not a 9 win team, we aren't that good. We may win 8 if some things work in our favor. Kentucky could beat us, and A&M, if they still care by then. OM and Ark should be wins. I have a feeling we will look like total shit against BYU.

BuckyIsAB****
09-30-2017, 10:33 PM
We are not a 9 win team, we aren't that good. We may win 8 if some things work in our favor. Kentucky could beat us, and A&M, if they still care by then. OM and Ark should be wins. I have a feeling we will look like total shit against BYU.

Have you watched Kentucky football this year

Dawg61
09-30-2017, 10:40 PM
If you improve the lows, the highs will eventually take care of themselves.

Tyson Lee kept games closer than the last two weeks so your theory isn't being reciprocated on the field right now

Bothrops
10-01-2017, 12:16 AM
Have you watched Kentucky football this year

I have. They play to their competition much like we have in years past. They are certainly capable of beating us, because they will be up for it, just like they were against UF and SC.

Liverpooldawg
10-01-2017, 12:29 AM
Tyson Lee kept games closer than the last two weeks so your theory isn't being reciprocated on the field right now

How many did he win? I'll give you this, at least your football understanding is marginally better than you ability as a mod. That's NOT a compliment. That's as far as I'll go here. Your bullying is well known to your debate opponents.

WinningIsRelentless
10-01-2017, 12:34 AM
GA and Auburn are Top 10 teams in the country. Hell they might be top 5. We will get 8 wins unless the injury bug continues.

Todd4State
10-01-2017, 12:43 AM
Here's the thing- we only have two more games on the road thanks to Greg Byrne style scheduling. We aren't even halfway done with the season but we're already done with 60% of our road schedule and by far our two most difficult games. We play BYU and Kentucky next after we regroup after a bye week. That should put us at 5-2 going into A&M. A&M will probably be no better than 5-2 or 4-3 depending on how they do against Florida. The key for them- and Arkansas for that matter- is going to be if we can run on them and get pressure on them. My stats web site that I use hasn't updated quite yet, but I think we can do that- and certainly are more likely to do that than we were to do it to Auburn or Georgia. UMass should be a win for us at home. Alabama should be a loss unless a miracle happens- that probably will be our only home loss this year unless we get upset by Kentucky. Ole Miss probably will get worse and worse- and we should be able to run on them.

CadaverDawg
10-01-2017, 12:59 AM
I'll give you this, at least your football understanding is marginally better than you ability as a mod. That's NOT a compliment. That's as far as I'll go here. Your bullying is well known to your debate opponents.

Blacklistedbully, is that you? Things are suddenly making much more sense.

Cooterpoot
10-01-2017, 06:37 AM
This idea that we can run the ball well isn't real. People have figured out they can fill up the box and we don't have a viable passing attack. I'm going to need to see more before I change my mind about that.

Dawg61
10-01-2017, 06:52 AM
How many did he win?

Tyson won 5 games, shoulda been 6 (1st and goal from the 2 vs LSU but couldn't score/blocked jump pass). Our passing game was better with him than it is right now in year 9 mainly because our WRs and OL were better.