PDA

View Full Version : Cohen has to call Mullen in after this one.

Pinto
09-30-2017, 08:20 PM
Mullen has to know these last two games are not acceptable and if we aren't at least competitive from here out changes will be made or made for him.

BayouDawg
09-30-2017, 08:23 PM
Changes should be made yesterday

Kyper
09-30-2017, 08:23 PM
wont a word be said to Mullen. He has 3 years remaining on his contract

BulldogBear
09-30-2017, 08:25 PM
wont a word be said to Mullen. He has 3 years remaining on his contract

Does his contract give him and him only life and death power of assistants' jobs? Serious question.

Because if not, the Intense Bastard needs to act.

99jc
09-30-2017, 08:27 PM
Mullen has to know these last two games are not acceptable and if we aren't at least competitive from here out changes will be made or made for him.

You closet rebs need to shut the hell up. We will go 8-4 win a bowl game and you shitheads will be singing him praises.

BuckyIsAB****
09-30-2017, 08:28 PM
You closet rebs need to shut the hell up. We will go 8-4 win a bowl game and you shitheads will be singing him praises.

8-4 I see the Bama loss but who else beats us? Arkansas and A&M are at least as bad as we are, maybe worse

bluelightstar
09-30-2017, 08:30 PM
8-4 I see the Bama loss but who else beats us? Arkansas and A&M are at least as bad as we are, maybe worse

they're both on the road. Ole Miss sucks but their wide receivers will be running free.

only sure thing left on the schedule is UMass and BYU. Maybe.

Todd4State
09-30-2017, 08:30 PM

It's time to move beyond just winning the Egg Bowl and the Liberty Bowl as our ceiling.

Liverpooldawg
09-30-2017, 08:32 PM
It's time to move beyond just winning the Egg Bowl and the Liberty Bowl as our ceiling.

Yeah, let's fire Stans, all we need is a new coach to move beyond where we are.

Kyper
09-30-2017, 08:34 PM

FBI is going to get Stans

BuckyIsAB****
09-30-2017, 08:37 PM
they're both on the road. Ole Miss sucks but their wide receivers will be running free.

Running game travels no matter where you go. UK is terrible should win that one. OM may quit by that point hoping they do. That one wont be easy but they cant stop the run whatsoever. Plays to our advantage

Liverpooldawg
09-30-2017, 08:38 PM

Just like everyone said they would last year, and that was in Oxford.

bluelightstar
09-30-2017, 08:40 PM
Just like everyone said they would last year, and that was in Oxford.

their receivers *were* running free for the most part. they had about 550 yards

Liverpooldawg
09-30-2017, 08:41 PM
FBI is going to get Stans

So whAt. I was told all we had to do to get immediately better in basketball, by an owner of this board, was to Fire Stans. aNY coach would be better, thAt is a direct quote. I'm still waiting six years later to get back to where we were THEN, never matter better.

Liverpooldawg
09-30-2017, 08:41 PM
their receivers *were* running free for the most part. they had about 550 yards

Good for them, 55-20 Rebel.

bluelightstar
09-30-2017, 08:43 PM
So whAt. I was told all we had to do to get immediately better in basketball, by an owner of this board, was to Fire Stans. aNY coach would be better, thAt is a direct quote. I'm still waiting six years later to get back to where we were THEN, never matter better.

I think we were at the end of our line with Stans anyway.

Coach007
09-30-2017, 08:45 PM

ANd Mullen is going to say "Give me the money to hire top assistant coaches, and we can take the next step"

You ready to pony up? If not, let the man do his job

BulldogBear
09-30-2017, 08:45 PM
Running game travels no matter where you go. UK is terrible should win that one. OM may quit by that point hoping they do. That one wont be easy but they cant stop the run whatsoever. Plays to our advantage

A crappy as we are, the rest of the SECW is so bad we still ought to finish 8-4 or even 9-3.

Liverpooldawg
09-30-2017, 08:49 PM
I think we were at the end of our line with Stans anyway.

Probably so but we sure as hell didn't get better. It's been 6 years and we still haven't touched what we did his last year.

shoeless joe
This thread is dumb

BayouDawg

Liver pool Stans tanked our basketball program. Sure we made it worse by hiring Ricky Ray. The inmates were literally running the asylum for Stans last 4 years. It was bad. I wouldn't use that as the basis of your argument anymore. It makes you terribly uninformed.

Political Hack
09-30-2017, 08:51 PM
8 days ago he was going to leave us and now we want him gone? Gotta love the SEC.

BayouDawg
09-30-2017, 08:54 PM
We really don't have to worry about Dan leaving us. Nobody will hire him because they know he'll bring Hevesy and Gonzo with him

Liverpooldawg
09-30-2017, 08:55 PM
Liver pool Stans tanked our basketball program. Sure we made it worse by hiring Ricky Ray. The inmates were literally running the asylum for Stans last 4 years. It was bad. I wouldn't use that as the basis of your argument anymore. It makes you terribly uninformed.

Maybe so, but six years later we still haven't touched his last year. I may be uninformed (trust me in basketball I wasn't), but what the people who ran Stans off were selling was a total fraud. The last six horrible years proved that. Now we have the same people after Mullen.

BayouDawg
09-30-2017, 08:59 PM
Maybe so, but six years later we still haven't touched his last year. I may be uninformed (trust me in basketball I wasn't), but what the people who ran Stans off were selling was a total fraud. The last six horrible years proved that. Now we have the same people after Mullen.

It was time for Stans to go. The hiring of Rick Ray was not caused by the firing of Stans. The Rick Ray hiring was loafers trying to show the boosters who the big dick was.
If we fire Mullen or "axe" him to resign that won't cause us to make a terrible new hire. If we make a bad hire it will be because we made a bad hire.

Maroonthirteen
09-30-2017, 08:59 PM
Cohen will call Mullen into his office..... To discuss a tee time for the off weekend. Cohens treat.

Commercecomet24
09-30-2017, 09:00 PM
8 days ago he was going to leave us and now we want him gone? Gotta love the SEC.

We are more moody than a menopausal woman.

Leroy Jenkins
09-30-2017, 09:01 PM
Must be strange to have a boss who’s checks you could cash with the change in your couch.

bulldawg28
09-30-2017, 09:02 PM
This thread is dumb

It's absolutely stupid and pointless. Especially considering most predicated 6 wins

Coach007
09-30-2017, 09:03 PM
It was time for Stans to go. The hiring of Rick Ray was not caused by the firing of Stans. The Rick Ray hiring was loafers trying to show the boosters who the big dick was.
If we fire Mullen or "axe" him to resign that won't cause us to make a terrible new hire. If we make a bad hire it will be because we made a bad hire.

That says it all there. So what you are saying is arm chair coaches should make the decisions.

Liverpooldawg
09-30-2017, 09:04 PM
But I was told that it wouldn't matter WHO we hired, anyone would be better than Stans.

The circumstances you fire a guy in directly influence the next hire. If we should be stupid enough to fire Mullen now it would be a similar situation. No matter how we viewed the Stans firing in our little world, the way we saw it was NOT the way it was seen in the broader world. This would be that times 50.

Kyper
09-30-2017, 09:05 PM
That says it all there. So what you are saying is arm chair coaches should make the decisions.

Loafers clearly showed he wasn't the one that should have made the decisions on hiring

Liverpooldawg
09-30-2017, 09:06 PM
It's absolutely stupid and pointless. Especially considering most predicated 6 wins

That WAS my point. We are one game ahead of where everyone but the most blatant homers thought we would be AT BEST.

BayouDawg
09-30-2017, 09:07 PM

I haven't said I want Mullen gone. I'm just saying you can't mesh the Stans and this situation. They are both independent of each other. But I do think both you and I could have made a better than loafers did. I think you will agree with that.

Coach007
09-30-2017, 09:07 PM
Loafers clearly showed he wasn't the one that should have made the decisions on hiring

Nobody wanted the job after what we did to Stans.

Todd4State
09-30-2017, 09:09 PM

Hey dumbass. I don't want Dan fired. I want him to get his head out of his ass and fire his offensive line coach. It would be nice if you got your head out of your ass too.

BayouDawg
09-30-2017, 09:09 PM
But I was told that it wouldn't matter WHO we hired, anyone would be better than Stans.

The circumstances you fire a guy in directly influence the next hire. If we should be stupid enough to fire Mullen now it would be a similar situation. No matter how we viewed the Stans firing in our little world, the way we saw it was NOT the way it was seen in the broader world. This would be that times 50.

That situation and this one are independent of each other. The letting go of Stans did not cause us to hire Ray. Hiring was an independent choice. It was a terrible choice but Independent. It was more of a sign of how dysfunctional our athletic department was at the time.

IMissJack
09-30-2017, 09:10 PM

I do not want Dan to leave, but the next time I start hearing that he is leaving, and then he says nothing to stop it, I'm not going to let it bother me one bit. If he does he does. We have given time, money, and attendance. What else can the fans do?

Pinto
09-30-2017, 09:11 PM
We've scored one touchdown in the last two games while giving up 80. If that's good enough for y'all, please tell me you are hiring. I need a job with expectations that low.

Coach34
09-30-2017, 09:12 PM

Here is where you go full rahtard.

You were told by me that we could hire just about anybody to be a better floor coach.

None of us realized all the problems that were going on in basketball and how far Stansbury had let things go. It was a drug-filled stinking mess that no coach wanted any part of by the time we made a change. As usual at State- we let Stands wreck the program before making a change.
Then to top it off- the Stansbury Network took 3 years off when Stricklin decided to hire his own choice in Ray over other choices. 2 of the choices by the "ArmChair QB's" have gone on to be NCAA Tourney coaches while our AD made a poor choice in RR.

Coach34
09-30-2017, 09:15 PM

Thats a lie.

Kermit Jr begged for it. As did the guy now at FGCU. Those two guys are NCAA Tourney coaches now. Stricklin made a poor choice- doesnt mean a change didnt need to be made. We hired Croom over Jimbo Fisher too. Poor choices are simply poor choices

BayouDawg
09-30-2017, 09:19 PM

If you believe that then I've got some ocean front property in Arkansas if you're interested in the beach bum life.

Todd4State
09-30-2017, 09:28 PM
I'll say this about Stansbury- he's the opposite of Dan because he could at least recruit. And it allowed us to do some good things in terms of wins and losses despite the fact he wasn't the greatest floor coach ever.

Dan needs to learn that and up his recruiting. Because even though he is a good coach he is limiting his ceiling by catering to his friends on the coaching staff.

Someone get back to me when Dan wins the SEC. I'll be shocked if it's with Hevesy on staff. It's past time that our boosters demand that Dan step it up in recruiting and fire Hevesy. And yeah- we should be able to recruit legally with some coaches that actually put effort into it instead of bitching out when a target gets an offer or he has to work to recruit them.

Coach007
09-30-2017, 09:36 PM
Thats a lie.

Kermit Jr begged for it. As did the guy now at FGCU. Those two guys are NCAA Tourney coaches now. Stricklin made a poor choice- doesnt mean a change didnt need to be made. We hired Croom over Jimbo Fisher too. Poor choices are simply poor choices

In what conferences do they play? You know as well as I do, all things are relative.

Liverpooldawg
09-30-2017, 09:38 PM
Thats a lie.

It's not a lie. It's the straight up truth. My sources are impeccable on this. Yours have been wrong at every turn on BASKETBALL.

Liverpooldawg
09-30-2017, 09:42 PM
I haven't said I want Mullen gone. I'm just saying you can't mesh the Stans and this situation. They are both independent of each other. But I do think both you and I could have made a better than loafers did. I think you will agree with that.

I don't think we could have done better, in fact I KNOW we couldn't have. I had VERY good sources for basketball then, still do when I want them. I just don't care any more, thanks to what we did.

Liverpooldawg
09-30-2017, 09:44 PM
Hey dumbass. I don't want Dan fired. I want him to get his head out of his ass and fire his offensive line coach. It would be nice if you got your head out of your ass too.

Then quit talking like you do. He ain't gonna fire Hevasy. I'm not happy about it but I will accept it, for the overall good of the program.

Coach007
09-30-2017, 09:44 PM
It's not a lie. It's the straight up truth. My sources are impeccable on this. Yours have been wrong at every turn on BASKETBALL.

Kermit has had major issues with the NCAA too.

Coach34
09-30-2017, 09:48 PM

100% lie. My podcast partner's neighbor growing up and friend to this day? Kermit Davis Jr. You dont know wtf you are talking about. Just stop

Liverpooldawg
09-30-2017, 09:54 PM
100% lie. My podcast partner's neighbor growing up and friend to this day? Kermit Davis Jr. You dont know wtf you are talking about. Just stop

Let's just say my source is higher placed than yours. WAY higher placed. Money knows dude.

KOdawg1
09-30-2017, 09:54 PM
Coach34, sorry this is off topic, but how is #80? He has been in our thoughts and prayers

Coach34
09-30-2017, 09:59 PM
Coach34, sorry this is off topic, but how is #80? He has been in our thoughts and prayers

thanks for that. He is good. Has to relax this week and will be good to go next Monday. Tough kid

Coach34
09-30-2017, 10:01 PM
Let's just say my source is higher placed than yours. WAY higher placed. Money knows dude.

So Kermit is lying to his longtime friend when he says he begged for the job? Seriously? Is that what you are going with?

MarketingBully
09-30-2017, 10:07 PM

Not only did Kermit want the job but he was going to bring Butch Pierre with him as well as his Associate Head Coach. Ricky Ray was the worst thing that ever happened to our basketball program. We self imposed the death penalty on ourselves and are still digging ourselves out of the crater that Rick Ray left. I found it humorous that he made any comments on the investigation considering he practically embezzled $3 million from us.

MarketingBully
09-30-2017, 10:09 PM

You’re wrong on this one man. Loafers screwed that hire up when he hired Ricky Ray and ignored Davis/Pierre. Those guys are alumni and wanted what was best for our basketball program and were hugely interested in the job.

LC Dawg
09-30-2017, 10:15 PM
You know football season isn?t going well when you start having Stans arguments.

Liverpooldawg
09-30-2017, 10:18 PM
So Kermit is lying to his longtime friend when he says he begged for the job? Seriously? Is that what you are going with?

Kermit may have I don't know. Kermit had baggage and thanks to the stated reason we were firing Stans he wasn't an option. We offered quite a few people on a higher level than him, we were laughed at. I know you don't like me, but my BASKETBALL sources back then were about as good as you could get. The main one still is, if I cared enough to ask. I tried to warn you what would happen back then. I actually hate it that my sources were right. Basketball was the sport I loved to be AT. My Dad and I had season tickets for about 25 years till his health declined. It was a lot of fun.

Liverpooldawg
09-30-2017, 10:19 PM
You’re wrong on this one man. Loafers screwed that hire up when he hired Ricky Ray and ignored Davis/Pierre. Those guys are alumni and wanted what was best for our basketball program and were hugely interested in the job.

Nope, I'm not. Names on buildings I'm not. That's as far as I'll go.

BayouDawg
09-30-2017, 10:21 PM
Kermit may have I don't know. Kermit had baggage and thanks to the stated reason we were firing Stans he wasn't an option. We offered quite a few people on a higher level than him, we were laughed at. I know you don't like me, but my BASKETBALL sources back then were about as good as you could get. The main one still is, if I cared enough to ask. I tried to warn you what would happen back then. I actually hate it that my sources were right. Basketball was the sport I loved to be AT. My Dad and I had season tickets for about 25 years till his health declined. It was a lot of fun.
So you think we should have kept Stans to let him continue destroying our program. Are you really taking up for the man that allowed such rampant drug usage and just pure laziness. That's pathetic

MarketingBully
09-30-2017, 10:28 PM
Nope, I'm not. Names on buildings I'm not. That's as far as I'll go.

Yes, you are. Just because we ignored them doesn’t mean they weren’t extremely interested in the job. We had a number of coaches interested and Loafers ignored them for good ole program destroying Ricky Ray.

Coach34
09-30-2017, 10:29 PM
Kermit may have I don't know. .

You said nobody wanted it. When proven wrong- now you don't know.

As I said- just sit this one out.