PDA

View Full Version : I'm fully on board now. Hev needs a pink slip immediately.

Reason2succeed
09-30-2017, 07:36 PM
I understand injuries but even our starting OL is not SEC quality. FB starts and ends at the line and we suck there.

Bama_Dawg
09-30-2017, 07:38 PM
I understand injuries but even our starting OL is not SEC quality. FB starts and ends at the line and we suck there.
+ 1

Leave him in the Plains

ShotgunDawg
09-30-2017, 07:40 PM
Gonzo as well.

He lacks talent and they don't fight for the ball

ILOATHEBears
09-30-2017, 07:42 PM

Start emailing John cohen. Enough is enough

Leeshouldveflanked
09-30-2017, 07:42 PM
Hevesy and Gonzo need to Kiffen'd at the airport

coastratdog
09-30-2017, 07:49 PM
What about Buckley. I luv his recruiting but if he's in charge of the DB's, they have sucked for the past two years

BulldogBear
09-30-2017, 07:50 PM
Yes, he needs to go.

But pass defense is killing us just as much as Hev and the OL are.

Both of these difficiencies are why we can't take the next step.

NCDawg
09-30-2017, 08:45 PM
Hevesy, Gonzales and Buckley all need to go, and I wouldn't lose any sleep if Mullen also went. In the words of Jim Mora, "we sucked".

Reason2succeed
09-30-2017, 11:44 PM
Gonzales has had good receivers before. I could argue that TBuck hasn't been there long enough to recruit his guys and have them as starters. With Hev there is absolutely no excuse.

Mimi's Babies
10-01-2017, 08:27 AM
Weed out the bad apple at a time. Heavsey must go.

Bully13
10-01-2017, 08:38 AM
Hevesy, Gonzales and Buckley all need to go, and I wouldn't lose any sleep if Mullen also went. In the words of Jim Mora, "we sucked".

Mullen is a good coach. we need to keep him.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
10-01-2017, 08:42 AM

Hevesy has been here the entire nine years of the Mullen Era. Every year it seems like our OL is always paper thin, always inexperienced, always rebuilding, and always get absolutely mauled when we face a good DL. Hev should have been fired long before now.

Leeshouldveflanked
10-01-2017, 08:56 AM
I would keep Buckley... he's actually one of the few coaches we have that at least try to recruit... he coaches corners, most of our bust have been at Safety this year.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
10-01-2017, 09:14 AM
I would keep Buckley... he's actually one of the few coaches we have that at least try to recruit... he coaches corners, most of our bust have been at Safety this year.

Agree. T-Buck is a positive on the recruiting trail. Hev is a liability there.

maroonmania
10-01-2017, 09:22 AM
We are NINE years in, I think its comical for some of you to think Mullen would oust Hevesy. At this point I've just come to believe that Mullen would leave himself before pushing Hevesy out.

JoseBrown
10-01-2017, 09:33 AM

Exactly right. But never fear they will be trending back to good enough against byu.*

IMissJack
10-01-2017, 10:05 AM
And what if Mullen pulls a Cutcliffe and says I'm not firing my guys? You prepared to let Dan go?

Bully13
10-01-2017, 10:23 AM
I wonder if anyone here has ever had a chance to talk to a current or former OL that played for Hev and what they had to say about him. One poster who went to Athens said he saw Hev as the first one to the bus all alone. To me, that was a bad look for Hev.

Eric Nies Grind Time
10-01-2017, 10:44 AM
Under Mullen there are certain games you don't have to bother watching. Waste of time.

WSOPdawg
10-01-2017, 10:48 AM
Start emailing John cohen. Enough is enough

I may be wrong, but Cohen strikes me as a no-nonsense kind of guy. I would think he can and will deliver the message regarding the need to improve, especially given TCUN coming plight of ineptitude and how we, MSU, need to take advantage of the situation. Besides, there's a reason the successful leaders often replace top assistants -- they're either groomed to advance at other destinations or they lack the ability to do so and allow for stagnation to occur.

1bigdawg
10-01-2017, 11:17 AM
Hev is a terrible recruiter. He does develop some of his players. But - 7 motion penalties shows a lack of coaching.

viverlibre
10-01-2017, 12:51 PM
Matt Luke will be avaialble next year, or possibly even later this season.

HaggardDawg
10-01-2017, 01:10 PM
I wish David Turner could coach Oline. I'd love to have that guy back on staff. Doubt he'd work for Mullen again though.

Bully13
10-01-2017, 01:24 PM
Matt Luke will be avaialble next year, or possibly even later this season.

forget the asterisks?

IMissJack
10-01-2017, 01:48 PM
Hevesy has been here the entire nine years of the Mullen Era. Every year it seems like our OL is always paper thin, always inexperienced, always rebuilding, and always get absolutely mauled when we face a good DL. Hev should have been fired long before now.

And it's not thin due to injury or NFL losses.

Todd4State
10-01-2017, 02:44 PM
And what if Mullen pulls a Cutcliffe and says I'm not firing my guys? You prepared to let Dan go?

I would tell Dan that's fine but don't expect a raise or extension at the end of the year if Hevesy stays.

Personally I don't think he would leave. He can't find anyone to pay him like we are, and he demoted Sallach. We could certainly demote Hevesy and Gonzalez to the office and they could stay on as consultants like we did with Sallach until he bitched out. Win/win for all- Dan keeps his friends around and we upgrade our program and recruiting.

NCDawg
10-01-2017, 03:50 PM
I would tell Dan that's fine but don't expect a raise or extension at the end of the year if Hevesy stays.

Personally I don't think he would leave. He can't find anyone to pay him like we are, and he demoted Sallach. We could certainly demote Hevesy and Gonzalez to the office and they could stay on as consultants like we did with Sallach until he bitched out. Win/win for all- Dan keeps his friends around and we upgrade our program and recruiting.

If he pulls a Cutcliffe and says I'm not firing my guys, I would let him go. Mullen is not irreplaceable. There are plenty of other good coaches out there besides Mullen-that Troy coach being one of them.

Todd4State
10-01-2017, 04:03 PM
If he pulls a Cutcliffe and says I'm not firing my guys, I would let him go. Mullen is not irreplaceable. There are plenty of other good coaches out there besides Mullen-that Troy coach being one of them.

I don't think our situation is comparable to Cutcliffe's at Ole Miss at all. They weren't paying Cutcliffe what we are paying Dan and Cutcliffe had other options and he knew that he would be right back as a head coach before too long making something comparable to what he made at Ole Miss. For Dan, it's pretty much us or NFL. The coaches that are typically coveted by the bigger programs are the ones that have shown that they can knock off the bigger programs- Dan is 2-15. If Dan played hardball with us he would basically be costing himself at least 2-3 million dollars to protect his friend. I don't know about you but I would much rather demote my friend to a different role than I would be willing to give up 2-3 million dollars in pay.

The other thing that is very different is Ole Miss was not only asking Cutcliffe to fire his friends- they were asking him to replace them with people who were going to recruit illegally through their Network. At that point it becomes an ethical issue as well. Basically it would be like me going up to you and saying "NC, I want you to produce more but to do it I want you to embezzle money." Cutcliffe knew that if he did that he would be putting his career in jeopardy- like Nutt and Freeze- and it just wasn't worth it.

We're not going to do that with Dan. We are telling him to recruit better- but we're asking him to do so LEGALLY. We're also not going to force him to hire certain people. More than likely we'll say "we will give you however much money you need to hire the best offensive line coach you can find." And then let him do it.

Now I do agree with you that we could replace Dan if we had too- inevitably we will at some point as it is for ALL coaches including Saban. And I don't fear that we will automatically go back to the 60's when we do. But I don't think it will come down to it this offseason more than likely.