PDA

View Full Version : Which Dan Mullen will get today.....

Leeshouldveflanked
09-30-2017, 12:23 PM
1. Confident Crazy-Eyes (Eggbowl 2016) Dan Mullen
2. Don't give a rip (USA 2016) Dan Mullen
3. Scared Sh*tless (UGA 2017, BAMA every year) Dan Mullen.

Drugdog
09-30-2017, 01:01 PM
After careful deliberation with myself, and looking at history, I go with 3. The best way to predict the future is to look at your history.
1. Playing a ranked opponent
2. On the road
History says this is not a good scenario for MSU. Hope I'm wrong. Very very wrong.

BulldogBear
09-30-2017, 01:13 PM
After careful deliberation with myself, and looking at history, I go with 3. The best way to predict the future is to look at your history.
2. On the road
History says this is not a good scenario for MSU. Hope I'm wrong. Very very wrong.

Yep, he tries to treat every big underdog road game like it's Florida 2010 because it worked that one time. Truth is we were lucky. IIRC, a ref saved us from a Gator game winning score, and I don't mean with a penalty.

I, for one, do not hunk Auburn is near as good as UGA. But I'm afraid it won't matter. I can see us losing a 16-10 heartbreaker due to puckered bung hole offensive coordinator.

basedog
09-30-2017, 01:14 PM
2. On the road

Yep

Jacksondevildog
09-30-2017, 01:27 PM
If we call a screen to the tailback on the first play to a loss of seven, you will know.

Drugdog
09-30-2017, 01:35 PM
If we call a screen to the tailback on the first play to a loss of seven, you will know.

I see what you did there.

Mjoelner34
09-30-2017, 01:36 PM
Yep, he tries to treat every big underdog road game like it's Florida 2010 because it worked that one time. Truth is we were lucky. IIRC, a ref saved us from a Gator game winning score, and I don't mean with a penalty.

I, for one, do not hunk Auburn is near as good as UGA. But I'm afraid it won't matter. I can see us losing a 16-10 heartbreaker due to puckered bung hole offensive coordinator.

Last week's play calling in no way even closely resembled the Florida road game. I wish he would've called it like that game instead of passes behind the line of scrimmage and 3yd crossing routes.

BulldogBear
09-30-2017, 01:48 PM
Last week's play calling in no way even closely resembled the Florida road game. I wish he would've called it like that game instead of passes behind the line of scrimmage and 3yd crossing routes.
I don't mean the play calling in particular. I mean the idea that we're going to win on defense and the offense has to simply not give it away.

But if that doesn't work and the enemy puts up points, Dan goes into his shell instead of adjusting and attacking and getting creative.

I'm comparing the games because Dan seems to want to win thay way and when it doesn't work he's lost and/or scared.

TaleofTwoDogs
09-30-2017, 03:48 PM
I'm thinking

4. Starts confident, early adversity, goes conservative, losses game.

If we are able to get some early turnovers we will have a shot, if not it will be a UGA redeux.

Dawgfan77
09-30-2017, 03:58 PM

Gonna disagree with you. If we come out and say GD Boys we gon run da damn ball then we have a shot. If... big if we do it by disguising and misdirection. Like we did in 14 and 11. Then yes we win. We come out and try to out physical them or air raid them with Fitz. Going to be a long night. Play to our strength....

Turfdawg67
09-30-2017, 04:03 PM
Just keep whining and bitching... it?s so MSU.

BulldogBear
09-30-2017, 04:10 PM
Gonna disagree with you. If we come out and say GD Boys we gon run da damn ball then we have a shot. If... big if we do it by disguising and misdirection. Like we did in 14 and 11. Then yes we win. We come out and try to out physical them or air raid them with Fitz. Going to be a long night. Play to our strength....

What I'm ultimately saying is that if we play not to lose as a road underdog then WE WILL SURELY LOSE. That only worked that one time in Gainesville in 2010. So, actually I absolutely agree with you.